March 28, 2024, 10:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476421 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #580 on: June 14, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »

Hello Monkeys!

Loooong time no post for me but I still read everyday. I would like to add to the recent conversation and tell you how I have coped with my frustration with certain postings. (IMOO, someone just loves drama, and when things slow down needs to start something).

Anyway, I think of certain posts as ADS. When you read webpages do you stop to read the Ads they have in the middle of the page. Heck no, you keep reading what you are attempting to read. So just see these posts as Ads in the middle of the page and skip on by. Once you just get your brain to accept its an Ad it's like those posts weren't even there.

That dog is beauitful!!

God Bless

RoxiB.....I am sitting here laughing and enjoying your thoughts on ads.

A friend wrote last night....one who has gone to lurking and finished with a cute
sentence...referring to SM....." I wish they'd put cushions in the rafters. gettin blisters on me bum".

TM....sorry I did not wish you a good night.  Thanks for your response.  There are nice
people in those rafters.  Now going to check on other threads.  Hugs.

No worries Mere, I've gotten out of the habit too. 

Hugs backatcha!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: June 14, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »

Not Aruba--but still a serious situation close to it.

http://www.amigoe.com/english/115245-rescue-curacao-from-the-power-of-organized-crime

Rescue Curaçao from the power of organized crime’       
Tuesday, 12 June 2012 11:33 
 ::snipping2::

I've been reading about this and also about a huge corruption case in Spain where some of the defendants have bank accounts in Curacao that the Prosecutor has been unsuccessful in getting the records of.  I started to post something about it the other night but got sidetracked.  I'd really like to research all the players in that one and see if I can find any connections...

IYKWIM   

Hey TM and good day all!

I feel sure that if anyone can find some connections, you can!  Now that is something I would be very interested to see.  As the banking rat's nest continues to come unraveled all around the world, I think we will see some familiar names shake out.

I know Aruba claims that tourism is their main industry, but we all know it's really money laundering, offshore secret banking, tax evasion and drug and human trafficking.   

The crooks may run out of places to hide their money. 

Hang tough, monkeys! The powers that were are falling like a house of cards, and the truth will come out one day.

I bet Judge Rick Smid's name pops up!

SMID, Rick  – Reportedly a friend of PVDS who stayed at VDS home.  Judge who released J2K in September 2005.  Dutch judge in Curacao.  As a public prosecutor in the NL, participated in the Carribean Financial Task Force as expert on money laundering.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »

Thanks, TM for the heads up on the Gurtel case in Spain.  Veeery interesting.  The judge in the case was prosecuted for "wiretapping" some of the defendants and their attorneys.   

I expect it won't be too long before the criminals start falling out of the bank mess.  I think it will be a lot like musical chairs.....when the music stops, the last one without a chair will start squawking.   Monkey Devil!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2012, 12:22:52 AM »

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

I know -- but it's peaceful!!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »

Yes it is...

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »

Yes it is...

And my blood pressure hasn't risen a single time today.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/115514-verbod-op-thuis-slaan-van-kinderen-op-komst

Google translation:

Ban on smacking children coming home         

THURSDAY, JUNE 14, 2012 10:03

ORANGE CITY - Justice Minister Arthur Dowers (AVP) says that a ban on smacking children in the home. How fast this ban is coming, is not known. It is not clear whether this ban corporal punishment in general punishable. This is still not the case in Aruba, while our country has signed the Child that prohibits violence against children, including corporal punishment therefore.

Dowers announced the news after the meeting of the Human Rights Council of the United Nations (UN) in Geneva, Switzerland. He was a member of the Kingdom Delegation. "Aruba has a well-beaten figure," concludes the minister himself. Based on reporting by governments and the (critical) findings of non-governmental organizations, the human rights situation in the four countries of the Kingdom reviewed by the UN Human Rights Council. The High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) uses this information for a summary report of the human rights situation in each country. This is done periodically for all UN Member States and is intended to improve human rights.

A year ago the UN was still quite critical of the Kingdom, because there is still much to improve human rights. As an example, corporal punishment in Aruba said. The UN called the Kingdom even to do research into domestic violence and to work for a ban on corporal punishment in our home in Aruba. That seems to be so now, given the notice of Justice Minister Dowers.

Verbo d

NGOs call on Aruba for years the criminalization of violence against children. Especially after Aruba more than ten years ago and signed the CRC decided to enter. The UN Committee expressed several times (in 2004 and 2009 and also last year) its concern that corporal punishment is not an offense had been given. It is also to corporal punishment in general. So not only save parents by example, but also in schools. Minister Dowers says that the current legislative abuse of children and store in schools and institutions have already banned. "But store within a family is not prohibited. On the latter, we now introduce a ban. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

And my blood pressure hasn't risen a single time today.

Mine either.   

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2012, 02:27:45 AM »

carpe,

You are the most talented writer & voyeur
I always look forward to what you come up with next
and I sit at my desk and howl with laughter at the magical way
you bring sanity to this whole tragedy.

Keep up the good work man - you have an incredible mind and wit.

ribbit

Thanks so much, Kermit! Also - thanks Wreck & Jamcakes for the recent compliments.
I don't feel like I deserve it - but it is nice to be appreciated.  an angelic monkey Again, thank you.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39:30 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/115514-verbod-op-thuis-slaan-van-kinderen-op-komst

Google translation:

Ban on smacking children coming home         

THURSDAY, JUNE 14, 2012 10:03

ORANGE CITY - Justice Minister Arthur Dowers (AVP) says that a ban on smacking children in the home. How fast this ban is coming, is not known. It is not clear whether this ban corporal punishment in general punishable. This is still not the case in Aruba, while our country has signed the Child that prohibits violence against children, including corporal punishment therefore.

Dowers announced the news after the meeting of the Human Rights Council of the United Nations (UN) in Geneva, Switzerland. He was a member of the Kingdom Delegation. "Aruba has a well-beaten figure," concludes the minister himself. Based on reporting by governments and the (critical) findings of non-governmental organizations, the human rights situation in the four countries of the Kingdom reviewed by the UN Human Rights Council. The High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) uses this information for a summary report of the human rights situation in each country. This is done periodically for all UN Member States and is intended to improve human rights.

A year ago the UN was still quite critical of the Kingdom, because there is still much to improve human rights. As an example, corporal punishment in Aruba said. The UN called the Kingdom even to do research into domestic violence and to work for a ban on corporal punishment in our home in Aruba. That seems to be so now, given the notice of Justice Minister Dowers.

Verbo d

NGOs call on Aruba for years the criminalization of violence against children. Especially after Aruba more than ten years ago and signed the CRC decided to enter. The UN Committee expressed several times (in 2004 and 2009 and also last year) its concern that corporal punishment is not an offense had been given. It is also to corporal punishment in general. So not only save parents by example, but also in schools. Minister Dowers says that the current legislative abuse of children and store in schools and institutions have already banned. "But store within a family is not prohibited. On the latter, we now introduce a ban. "

This is the exact tripe that spawned the likes of Joran & the Kalpoes. Impotent parents with no controlled discipline in the home.
They say they want to outlaw violence --- but they also mean controlled discipline, like controlled spanking that doesn't cause permanent harm.

Joran turned into something straight out of Children of the Corn. Aruba says I want more of that, huh? ::boxingjoran::

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:14 AM »

Anita's and Paulus's method of dealing with an unruly child - toss them out of the house to live in their own bachelor pad on the parent's property. Give them money to gamble and drink, and allow them free roam on a tropical island corrupted with drugs, prostitution and money laundering.

Challapalca him!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: June 15, 2012, 03:54:38 AM »

Anita's and Paulus's method of dealing with an unruly child - toss them out of the house to live in their own bachelor pad on the parent's property. Give them money to gamble and drink, and allow them free roam on a tropical island corrupted with drugs, prostitution and money laundering.

Right Jamcakes - and then when these kids get into trouble and roam the world murdering innocent young women the parents express surprise, and denial that their child could be at fault, and blame the victims.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #593 on: June 15, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »

Sorry for the O/T  Monkey Devil!

Not really O/T.  They were born here in this thread.

Magnolia thank you for sharing Wreck's picture.  He is a handsome boy!

I remember the night those pups arrived and all the advice you received.  By the way I hope Hunter is also in good health.

Tibro, did you mean Hudson?  He's the wonder dog, love him!   

Oh dayum  .... I got Hudson's name wrong.  I knew it started with "H"   

I do hope Magnolia will forgive me and also give Hudson an extra pat from me.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:53 AM »

Thanks, TM for the heads up on the Gurtel case in Spain.  Veeery interesting.  The judge in the case was prosecuted for "wiretapping" some of the defendants and their attorneys.   

I expect it won't be too long before the criminals start falling out of the bank mess.  I think it will be a lot like musical chairs.....when the music stops, the last one without a chair will start squawking.   Monkey Devil!

This is something that interests me also.  The number of banking and financial head honchos that have resigned or taken early retirement or have been dismissed is enormous in the past few months.  Some have also died and in a couple of cases in mysterious circumstances.  Way too many in such a short time for it to be coincidental.

Even some of the Vatican finance officers have been implicated. No one is now above investigation and I am sure more will be named and shamed in the months to come.  Time for a massive clean up of a lot of our money moguls.

There are blog sites on the internet that name these high flyers according to country and most people would be amazed at how widespread it is.

I am sure Aruba is right in the midst of all those money grubbing countries that welcome and allow money laundering and internet gambling as a means to hide the real activities of these financial fat cats.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/15/massive-los-angeles-county-court-layoffs-set-to-begin/?test=latestnews

Massive Los Angeles County court layoffs set to begin

Published June 15, 2012

Squeezed by state budgets cutbacks, the Los Angeles County court system is launching massive job layoffs, pay cuts and transfers, court officials said Thursday.

Cutbacks that will be implemented Friday will affect 431 court employees and 56 courtrooms throughout the nation's largest superior court system.

Presiding Judge Lee Smalley Edmon bemoaned the loss of longtime employees as well as the impact on public services.

"We are laying off people who are committed to serving the public," she said. "It is a terrible loss both to these dedicated employees and to the public."

The union representing state and municipal employees called Friday's action a "freeze on justice in Los Angeles" and warned that the county would experience "an end to timely justice" with cases being delayed for years, particularly in civil courts.

This could very well affect the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »

Wonder if the Vandersloot's attended this one too...

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=19448

Oriella Mansur Celebrates her Quincenera 15-year old wows her guests with a wonderful show
Posted by Aruba Daily on June 14th, 2012

Oriella Mansur became a beautiful quicenera this past weekend, celebrating with many guests at the Westin grand ballroom.  The party was decorated around a spectacular candyland theme by designer Gareth Tromp. Oriella started the evening with a grand entrance with her father, with Angela, a violinist, performing a beautiful song which was a gift from her guitar teacher, Jose Gonzalez.  Later, the Princess Oriella danced with her father to a lovely waltz composed by her Aunt, Damilice Mansur.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=19448

June 15, 2012

http://www.z24.nl/bedrijven/artikel_56865.z24/Aruba_onderzoekt_activiteiten_Stanford.html

Google translation:

Aruba investigates activities Stanford
Dutch play key role in empire billionaire
02.21.2009 | Posted 1:30 p.m.
02/22/2009 | Last update 0:01

Allen Stanford, the billionaire accused of fraud, was also active in Aruba. The Central Bank of Aruba Aruban has evidence that his abilities attracted small business without a license. The bank is investigating. According to research of Z24. Two Dutch also play key roles in Stanford's financial empire.

Fugitive businessman Stanford traced
Thursday billionaire Allen Stanford was handed a subpoena by the FBI. The U.S. regulator SEC suspects the Texan billionaire, one in America and the Caribbean well known entrepreneur and benefactor of fraud. He would have $ 8 billion (6.3 billion) in bonds not, but have invested in real estate. Investors were appeased with consistently high rates - which eventually were baseless.

The American authorities are now trying to unravel the network of Stanford. The empire includes a series of banks and consulting firms in the U.S., Central and South America. Banks in Panama and Venezuela have been brought under control by the authorities, after depositors en masse attempted to take their money.

It is still unclear what role each component played and who was aware of the actual fraud.

The fact is that Stanford also drew power from Aruba. He did so with the Stanford Group Aruba, controlled by the Belgian French-Dutch Finger Hoedt. The financial consulting firm that only a few employees, is not a lender and does not fall under the supervision of the Bank of Aruba (CBA).

That also means that no power of less than 100,000 florins (40,000 euros) may attract. The CBA, however, indications that the office does not comply with that provision has been taken, said main control P. Mungra against Z24.

"They know with high interest rates and amazing offers to tempt the people," said Mungra. "If it appears that the Stanford Group Aruba indeed amounts under 40,000 euros has attracted, we return to the OM. And then Mr. Finger Hoedt punishable as president."

The CBA has now opened an investigation.

Incidentally, the Aruban newspaper reported Friday that the pension fund Mainta Awe of the tourism industry in Aruba a significant amount inlaid at Stanford component.

Management Functions
French Finger Hoedt is demonstrated for many years in executive positions for Allen Stanford to work. Like another Dutchman, Harry van Bergen.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #598 on: June 15, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

IIRC, the Caribbean Financial Task force on money laundering that Judge Rick Smid took part in, had a lengthy section on money laundering through real estate. I'm looking for my copy of the task force report, but I think it's in my defunct desk top computer.  Anybody have that report saved?

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »

Posted by Resigned at RU.  What I like about Resigned is that he was able to change his mind about Joran and what he was capable of. 

Post by resigned » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 am
Joran van der Sloot's days of making deals is history. Birmingham will await him to make certain he never justs walk out of that Peruvian prison gate a free man in any lesser amount of time than his sentence for murdering Stephany Flores.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.