March 28, 2024, 09:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476417 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: June 21, 2012, 01:05:40 PM »

Could it be that Beth Holloway's lawsuit filed against the NE will put tabloids on notice that there will be consequenses for sensationalized reporting that is unsubstantiated ... sensationalized reporting that slanders and causes victims and victims' families untold emotional pain?

Janet

+++++

Last updated: June 21, 2012 5:00 a.m.
Natalee Holloway’s mother sues National Enquirer

<snipped>

“Defendants purposely avoided learning the truth by, among other things, failing to attempt to interview many individuals who could confirm or deny the things stated in the headlines, articles, and statements and captured in the photographs,” the lawsuit said.

<snipped>

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120621/NEWS03/120629931/1066/NEWS03

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #681 on: June 21, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »

Another "suicide" by hanging in Aruba.  Looks very odd to me, jmo 

I agree. Something is fishy.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #682 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/usdos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150881939576074.406717.15877306073&type=3

U.S. Department of State
Like This Page · Yesterday

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton honors Jeanette Richardson-Baars of Aruba, a 2012 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Hero, at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., on June 19, 2012. [State Department photo/ Public Domain] — at U.S. Department of State

http://www.avsnewsonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3295:arubas-jeannette-richardson-baars-received-tip-hero-honors-&catid=48:curacao-news&Itemid=63

ARUBA’S JEANNETTE RICHARDSON-BAARS RECEIVED TIP HERO HONORS
0 Comments

WILLEMSTAD, Curacao, (Wednesday, June 20, 2012) -The Annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report is the U.S. Government’s principal diplomatic tool to engage foreign governments on human trafficking. It is also the world’s most comprehensive resource on governmental anti-human trafficking efforts and reflects the U.S. Government’s commitment to global leadership on this key human rights and law enforcement issue.

Each year, the Department of State honors individuals around the world who have devoted their lives to the fight against human trafficking. These heroic individuals are NGO workers, lawmakers, police officers, and concerned citizens who are committed to ending modern slavery. They are recognized for their tireless efforts – despite resistance, opposition, and threats to their lives – to protect victims, punish offenders, and raise awareness of ongoing criminal practices in their countries and abroad.

Aruba’s Head of the Division for Police Education & Development and National Coordinator Anti Human Trafficking & Smuggling, Jeannette Richardson-Baars was honored by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her extraordinary commitment to uncovering human trafficking cases, her innovative strategy to raise public awareness in spite of limited resources, and a proactive approach to providing protection services to victims in Aruba. “I was stunned and happily surprised when I heard from the U.S. Consul General in Curacao about this great honor.

It really is an Aruba TIP Task Force team effort. I could not be regarded a hero without a great team,” Mrs. Richardson-Baars said. Much credit also goes to the leadership of Prime Minster Eman, and Justice Minister Dowers for making it a priority to combat trafficking in persons.

Despite a full-time job as deputy police commissioner of Aruba, Jeannette Richardson-Baars devotes countless extra hours to ensure Aruba achieves results in combating human trafficking. Under Mrs. Richardson-Baars’s leadership, Aruba’s interagency committee has uncovered both labor and sex trafficking cases, and shown serious commitment and political will through effective governmental policies to rescue victims and prosecute traffickers.

Although she had no specific budget assigned to her, Mrs. Richardson-Baars did not allow limited financial or human resources to become obstacles to anti-trafficking efforts. Using her own computer, she launched a multi-faceted public awareness campaign that was translated into various languages and displayed posters prominently all over the island. The campaign resulted in reports by the public of several possible trafficking situations.

::snipping2::

The TIP report is available at http://www.state.gov/j/tip/rls/tiprpt/2012/index.htm.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/curacao/215422/Press%20Release%202012/Press%20Release%20TIP%20Report%202012.pdf

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/116425-moeder-natalee-klaagt-national-enquirer-aan

Google translation:

Natalee Mother complains to National Enquirer         

THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012 9:07

ORANGE CITY - Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee disappeared in Aruba in 2005, denounces the American tabloid 'National Enquirer' for an unknown sum of money. She says the magazine for seven years, puts fantasy stories about the disappearance and presumed death of her daughter. That's enough, let them through her lawyer Lin Wood to know Associated Press.

In the indictment, various articles cited, including a story in which Joran van der Sloot - still the main suspect in Holloway case - a secret hand-drawn map would have to the grave of Natalee. According to the indictment, the blade has knowingly told lies in the numerous articles she has written about this case. The magazine has claimed to be deliberately lied by failing to fulfill their journalistic duty to stakeholders to interview and verification of facts. They just go on complaining Wood. "We had no choice but to sue them."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: June 21, 2012, 06:09:45 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=5

Google translation

"Lack of budget and manpower in combating human trafficking

THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012 9:07

ORANGE CITY - There are indications that minors in prostitution in Aruba should work. Our island continues a destination for men and women in the sex trade and forced labor.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: June 21, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »

Beth Holloway Sues National Enquirer (American Media Inc) Over Publishing Untrue Stories to Profit from Natalee Holloway’s 2005 Disappearance in Aruba

Posted June 21, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/21/beth-holloway-sues-national-enquirer-american-media-inc-over-publishing-untrue-stories-to-profit-from-natalee-holloways-2005-disappearance-in-aruba/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/06/21/usa-tabloid-holloway-idINL1E8HL8KS20120621

U.S. tabloid sued over coverage of girl missing in Aruba
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., June 21 | Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37pm IST

Reuters) - The mother of Natalee Holloway, an American teenager who disappeared in Aruba seven years ago, has sued the supermarket tabloid National Enquirer for publishing articles about her daughter that it knew were false in order to increase sales.

Beth Holloway, in a suit filed in federal court in Birmingham, Alabama, said the coverage over seven years caused her "emotional stress so severe that no reasonable person could be expected to endure it."
Beth Holloway has continued to pursue the case with the hope of seeing her daughter's suspected killer brought to justice.

Her lawsuit against the National Enquirer and parent company American Media Inc. contends that for at least seven years the tabloid weekly published numerous "false and outrageous" accounts related to her daughter's disappearance as part of "a calculated effort to increase sales."

The lawsuit does not specify the damages sought.

An attorney for American Media said on Thursday that the company had not yet seen the complaint.

"These suits generally are without merit," American Media attorney Cameron Stracher told Reuters.

Lin Wood, an attorney for Beth Holloway, said: "Beth Holloway has suffered a tremendous amount of emotional pain when confronted by these stories."

"We're seeking fair compensation for that pain," Wood said. "No parent should have to suffer this on top of losing a child."

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #688 on: June 22, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/06/21/usa-tabloid-holloway-idINL1E8HL8KS20120621

U.S. tabloid sued over coverage of girl missing in Aruba
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., June 21 | Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37pm IST

Reuters) - The mother of Natalee Holloway, an American teenager who disappeared in Aruba seven years ago, has sued the supermarket tabloid National Enquirer for publishing articles about her daughter that it knew were false in order to increase sales.

Beth Holloway, in a suit filed in federal court in Birmingham, Alabama, said the coverage over seven years caused her "emotional stress so severe that no reasonable person could be expected to endure it."

The NE is such a sleazebag rag, they don't care who they hurt with the cacca they print as long as they sell copies. I would imagine that since they have been around so long, they probably have excellent lawyers.

I wish Beth success with this endeavor.  IMO, NE needs to change its policies.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: June 22, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »

Video at link

http://www.cbs42.com/mostpopular/story/Beth-Holloway-sues-National-Enquirer-company/fZ_01RuylkumHwZmEaM_3g.cspx

Beth Holloway sues National Enquirer company

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - Beth Holloway is taking on the tabloids. She filed suit in federal court Wednesday, against the company that runs the National Enquirer.

It alleges the National Enquirer printed stories "so outrageous in character and extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency." The suit covers stories and photographs from July of 2005 until April of 2011.  Holloway calls the stories and images used "false and outrageous.

Holloway says the sources for the stories are not credible.

She is represented by the same Montgomery attorneys who worked with the parents of Jon Benet Ramsey.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: June 22, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »

Sorry, this was on the side and I missed it!   

Published: 6/21 7:39 am Updated: 6/21 10:23 am

http://www.cbs42.com/mostpopular/story/Beth-Holloway-sues-National-Enquirer-company/fZ_01RuylkumHwZmEaM_3g.cspx

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: June 22, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »

Sorry, this was on the side and I missed it!   

Published: 6/21 7:39 am Updated: 6/21 10:23 am

Here is the video:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: June 22, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: June 22, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/06/22/47696.htm

Friday, June 22, 2012  Last Update: 9:57 AM PT
Natalee Holloway's Mom Sues The National Enquirer

Elizabeth Holloway claims the Enquirer wrote and published "false headlines, articles, and statements with accompanying photographs" in its June 28, 2010; Dec. 6, 2010; and April 25, 2011 articles, and that the "false and outrageous articles and photography graphically describe the purported despicable treatment of Natalee's corpse."
     The complaint states: "Defendants' conduct in publishing these false statements and accompanying manufactured photographs has been so outrageous in character, and so extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and is to be regarded as atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community. Furthermore, by publishing these false and disgusting statements and photographs, defendants intentionally and maliciously intruded into Holloway's emotional sanctum."
     She claims the Enquirer "published numerous false headlines, articles, and statements with accompanying photographs regarding Natalee and her family in
     2005 and 2006," and "continued to publish similar, additional false headlines, articles, and statements with accompanying photographs through at least April 25,
     2011."
     Natalee's body has not been found, though she is presumed to be dead. "Despite repeated searches of Aruba and its waters, neither Natalee nor Natalee's remains have ever been located," her mother says in the complaint.
     But she says the Enquirer concocted a story, and photo, of her daughter's alleged "grave."
     She cites the Enquirer's "false and outrageous" page 1 headline of Dec. 6, 2010: "NEW BONE EVIDENCE:
     "NATALEE WAS BURIED ALIVE!
     "Joran's secret graveyard with 5 MORE BODIES;
     "Killer's sickening confession
     "CAUGHT ON TAPE!
     "HER TERRIFYING LAST MINUTES"
     The mother says all of this is false, and that it "was published with actual malice, that is, with actual knowledge of falsity or with reckless disregard for truth or falsity."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: June 22, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »

In case Beth needs them, I probably have scanned copies of all the articles    What I don't have San or TM probably have 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »

Steve Croes aka DJ Diablo - Confessions Ladies Night 6/20/12

https://picasaweb.google.com/115074869061240201166/ConfessionsLadiesNightInPurple20June2012#5756529673090560994

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:13 AM »

http://www.people.com

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #697 on: June 23, 2012, 02:42:39 AM »

Croes looks "rode hard and put away wet". He's around 33 yo now. Will he ever grow up?

Challapalca him!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2012, 03:46:50 AM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

2 ANGELS WITH ONE CAUSE

JUSTICE

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

2 ANGELS WITH ONE CAUSE

JUSTICE

KEEPTHEFAITH

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.