March 28, 2024, 03:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476390 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: July 07, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

Such a family resemblance ... lol
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: July 07, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »

http://peru.com/2012/07/06/actualidad/mi-ciudad/admiten-tramite-pedido-joran-van-der-sloot-que-se-anule-su-condena-noticia-73643

Accepted for processing order of Joran Van der Sloot to annul his sentence
Friday July 6, 2012 - 01:22

::snipping2::
Lima. The Third Criminal Court for Inmates in Jail agreed to hear an appeal by the legal defense of Joran Van der Sloot to annul the sentence of 28 years imprisonment that the court imposed the Dutch citizen by the death of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores occurred in 2010. The college adopted this measure to establish that the appeal filed by Van der Sloot through his legal defense meets the requirements of the law for their respective evaluation.

This resource will soon be sent to one of the halls of the Supreme Court for evaluation and define the legal status of Joran Van der Sloot, who is serving his sentence in prison Stones BBW I Ancon.

Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison after admitting criminal liability in this case. The legal defense contends that the conviction was set in the Dutch crime committed with extreme cruelty, not violent emotion, as the lawyers say the Dutch.

Maybe if they agree to hear his appeal --- he can come visit Alabama while he awaits said appeal? 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: July 08, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »

http://peru.com/2012/07/06/actualidad/mi-ciudad/admiten-tramite-pedido-joran-van-der-sloot-que-se-anule-su-condena-noticia-73643

Lima. The Third Criminal Court for Inmates in Jail agreed to hear an appeal by the legal defense of Joran Van der Sloot to annul the sentence of 28 years imprisonment that the court imposed the Dutch citizen by the death of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores occurred in 2010. The college adopted this measure to establish that the appeal filed by Van der Sloot through his legal defense meets the requirements of the law for their respective evaluation.

This resource will soon be sent to one of the halls of the Supreme Court for evaluation and define the legal status of Joran Van der Sloot, who is serving his sentence in prison Stones BBW I Ancon.

Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison after admitting criminal liability in this case. The legal defense contends that the conviction was set in the Dutch crime committed with extreme cruelty, not violent emotion, as the lawyers say the Dutch.

Maybe if they agree to hear his appeal --- he can come visit Alabama while he awaits said appeal? 

Good idea!  Come on down, Joran!  lol
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #883 on: July 08, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: July 08, 2012, 11:48:31 PM »

Annul?  If the Supreme Court rules in favor of Joran's appeal ... why would the 28 year sentence be annuled?  Why not reduced?  I would rejoice if the Monkey Justice Train rolled into Birmingham Station sooner than later but ... what about a measure of justice for Stephany.

Janet

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »

Janet, this is my understanding of the article above--

The Third Criminal Court for Inmates in Jail agreed to hear the appeal because the appeal meets the requirement of the law for evaluation.  It is sending the appeal to the appropriate department at the Supreme Court "for evaluation and define the legal status" of the sentence.  After the evaluation, the Supreme Court will determine the legal sentence--whatever length that may be.

o/t

I read reports today that BC in Canada had flooding problems.  Is everything okay by you?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »

Janet, this is my understanding of the article above--

The Third Criminal Court for Inmates in Jail agreed to hear the appeal because the appeal meets the requirement of the law for evaluation.  It is sending the appeal to the appropriate department at the Supreme Court "for evaluation and define the legal status" of the sentence.  After the evaluation, the Supreme Court will determine the legal sentence--whatever length that may be.

o/t

I read reports today that BC in Canada had flooding problems.  Is everything okay by you?

Thanks Grace.  You explanation makes sense. and is a relief.

The words in the following article did concern me.   Considering the Supreme Court ruling stated that Joran was not to be extradited until he served his sentence in a Peruvian lockup ... the implication to me was that a successful appeal may imply the possibility of an annullment.

As much as I want Joran to be extradited to Birmingham to face charges for the extortion of Beth Holloway ... the extortion beyond cruel. ... I also want justice for Stephany Flores.

o/t

Until last Wednesday ... rain, rain and more rain has been where it has been at in British Columbia and Washington State.  Widespread flooding has caused lots of problems and heartbreak.  In our area the banks of the Fraser River were either overflowing or were at flood levels.  We were fortunate.  Our home is located inland a short distance.  Thirty-eight years ago when we built ... although flooding in the area was rare ... my wise FIL instructed us to choose property that was situated on higher ground.  Thankfully ... we took his advice.

Anyways ... summer has finally returned to the Province and for almost a week the  temperatures have been between 75 and 85 degrees F and ... as the water levels go down ...life is gradually returning to normal for those who were affected by the flooding.

Thanks for asking Grace.

Janet

+++++++

van der Sloot asks for forgiveness
Published: 9:49 am Updated: 10:11 am

<snipped>

He is currently serving a 28-year prison sentence after being found guilty in the Flores case.  An appeal of that sentence is set to be heard in July.  If time is knocked off his current sentence, van der Sloot could be extradited to the United States for the extortion charges.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/van-der-Sloot-asks-for-forgiveness/i2NzJ4--ykqD4XEE4XKy7Q.cspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: July 09, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »

Grace

My prayer is that the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet will overturn the Peruvian Supreme Court ruling and ... following Joran's July sentencing appeal he will be immediately extradited to Alabama to face extortion charges and ... Natalee's mother will not be forced to wait 9-28 years to hear the verdict "guilty as charged" and ... justice for Stephany will also be a reality.

Janet

The Next Wave

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 36:
  Hope comes, then goes.  But it's the constant waiting for the next wave to roll in and reaching for each new sign of hope that will keep us going, as it brings with it the energy and encouragement needed to press on in our search for Natalee, even if only for a few moments at a time.

The Decision is not Final

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

s.t.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #888 on: July 09, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=5

Google translation:

In short

MONDAY, JULY 9, 2012 10:07

Attempted murder A driver has five people deliberately run over. That happened about eleven o'clock Sunday morning in San Nicolas. He drove first three people who were drinking out what ...
Read more ...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »

Wonder if Esther Baars is related to Janet Richardson-Baars?

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49784:esther-baars-abogado-general-nobo-na-ministerio-publico&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

esther baars abogado-general new at ministerio publico

friday, 06 july 2012 16:54

ministerio publico of aruba have one abogado-general new by first of august 2012. nombracion of mr. esther baars owing to wordo recientemente aproba for conseho of minister, after of voordracht of ministerio publico. madam baars is reemplaza mr. taco stein, the abogado-general anterior of aruba.

the is procedente of ministerio publico of rotterdam, where past owing to work because; senior officier kwaliteit, opsporing provided that vervolging (kov) come across. past owing to cubri several funcion y portefeuilles in ministerio publico at the netherlands. also is so cu one fiscal new owing to cuminza work the month here at ministerio publico. mr. iduna streefland-brink owing to huramenta yesterday fast governor of aruba y had today his first caso. the will reemplaza mr. boot stempher, cu owing to go back the netherlands recientemente. madam streefland owing to work because; fiscal at ministerio publico of in haag. the also owing to work in various funcion important in husticia. so past owing to representa (entre otro) ministerio of husticia of the netherlands in caribbean financial action task force on moneylaundering (1998-2004). ministerio publico is informa besides cu the contrato of the fiscal parent actual, mr. peter blanken, owing to wordo alarga cu one year. sir blanken will stay till november 2013 because; fiscal parent of aruba. ministerio publico is calling madam baars y madam streefland y they famianan bonbini at aruba.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=15

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: July 10, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »

Justice for Natalee!  

::justice2NJ::

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #891 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

I was at the gym and started to listen to a song from the artist called "Game," who is in the Hip-Hop genre if you didn't already know. He dedicated a song to Natalee Holloway. Maybe someone should reques all the radio stations to play it in Aruba on a 24hr cycle..Here are the beginning of the lyrics. It was the first time I've heard it, so haven't had time to interpret it to thoroughly.

Since BIG aint here, I’mma do it for T’yanna
And put roses on the grave for Kanye’s mama
This for all the lost girls locked up in the pen
All the girls that hold it down, gettin’ beat on by their man
Respect women, I don’t care if they a 2 or a 10
We don’t beat on Kat Stacks we just bring it to an end
And we don’t wanna see Nicki fighting Lil Kim
There’s missin’ women out there, let’s just focus on them

This song is dedicated to Natalee Holloway
I feel for her Daddy, so I wrote this on Fathers Day
I know she gone, but she aint far away
I just had a daughter, pass me that cigar ‘Ye

I’m about to tell a story, everybody parlay
Sit back, listen while I kick it, the Compton Boulevard way
My daddy used to beat up on my mama all day
So I took my chronic out and slept in the hallway
I learned this the hard way
When police came our way, my daddy had his act on
Like it never happened: (Broadway)
Plus I was kinda scared to keep it real with you
Now my mama good, nigga, she ain’t gotta deal wit’ ya
You want some money? Nigga I aint get a deal wit’ ya
You aint sayin’ nothin’, you like a still picture
You better thank God you still breathing air cause
You coulda went out, like ya boy Steve McNair

Read more: http://www.killerhiphop.com/game-good-girls-gone-bad-lyrics-drake/#ixzz20G6Mvw6v

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »

It may not be many Monkey's type of music, but it made me smile that Natalee is being recognized through music. I commend Game for continuing to shed light on this case. We can never have enough mediums to get Natalee and Stephany's stories out there. People who didn't know about the case, will wonder who this girl in Game's song is and continue to bring this story back to life

JUSTICE COMES IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS

THANK YOU GAME

YOU SEE ARUBA? THIS WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN, UNTIL IT IS MADE RIGHT!

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »

Walking on a treadmill Klaas, and what do I hear over my headphones?

NATALEE HOLLOWAY

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: July 10, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »

I was at the gym and started to listen to a song from the artist called "Game," who is in the Hip-Hop genre if you didn't already know. He dedicated a song to Natalee Holloway. Maybe someone should reques all the radio stations to play it in Aruba on a 24hr cycle..Here are the beginning of the lyrics. It was the first time I've heard it, so haven't had time to interpret it to thoroughly.

Read more: http://www.killerhiphop.com/game-good-girls-gone-bad-lyrics-drake/#ixzz20G6Mvw6v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K39xdVg3vjE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: July 10, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »

Thanks KTF  an angelic monkey
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: July 10, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »

Thanks KTF  an angelic monkey

I believe there are greater forces at work out there  an angelic monkey It gave me chills!!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #897 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K39xdVg3vjE

Thanks KTF & Klaas - The Game - featuring Drake on lyrics

That's great. It keeps Natalee current in the pop culture sphere for 2012.
The song is about not hitting women / having respect for them. He says in a
language that his target demo will understand.

How nice for them to do that! You do not find to many rap songs today with
a positive message / one that unifies people. A lot of rap has lost its soul, decreasing
crossover mass appeal market share. This has been steadily going down hill since the
early 90's... with a slight bump in 96/97 when Biggie & TuPac were assassinated... then
back to the downhill slide.

I'm amazed that they made it! Hopefully, they can spark new life in an industry currently dying from terminal cancer.

All they have to do is cut out the gangsta death cult crap -- the beats are fine --- just be creative and at times, positive.
Stay away from the angry stuff that fuels turf wars. Too many are dying and they are being used like crash test dummies.

The fat cats that run the Empire and supply the cash are poisoning the talent and fans.

The guys who run the Empire pray to the wrong God. They don't care who dies... in fact it makes them more when talent & fans die.

Corpses for Cash. Never let a good catastrophe go to waste. To the EMPIRE, catastrophes are OPPORTUNITIES.

You (crash test dummies) are the product.

So glad Nat & her dad got a positive mention in it. It gives me some hope. an angelic monkey

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: July 11, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »

Great post Carpe.    I agree that many kids will listen to this song, and hopefully they will take the opportunity to meet Natalee Holloway and let her change their lives, like she did for me to an extent. Her legacy and message will never die. Not only will Beth see to that, but either will many other people you least expect. Natalee Holloway is being broadcast into the homes of thousands of young kids. I keepthefaith those kids will take the time to learn her story. Chalk another one up for Natalee Hollway and Stephany Flores..You're still losing Aruba!! You will eventually be brought to your knees.

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: July 11, 2012, 02:20:29 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY AND STEPHANY FLORES

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.