March 28, 2024, 11:09:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476427 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: July 19, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »

BUSTED!!

Joran Van der Sloot Reportedly Getting Married, Seeks Overturn of Prison Sentence
Jul 19, 2012 6:20 AM EDT

Two weeks ago, the Third Penal Court of Lima accepted the paperwork submitted by Van der Sloot’s defense attorney, Maximo Altez, in which he requests that the sentence be annulled. The court clerk stated that he meets the requirements the law establishes for its respective review, and this recourse has been handed over to Peru’s Supreme Court for evaluation.

“If we are allowed to proceed, we will request a revision of the sentence, where Joran will say he was ill-advised by his previous attorney who had promised him 15 years in exchange for a guilty plea,” Altez said during a phone interview in Lima.

<snipped>

In an interview in Lima with Newsweek, Jimenez, Van der Sloot’s former attorney, showed two letters Van der Sloot wrote in January, in the days following his conviction, in which Van der Sloot states that he is satisfied with the sentence. “How could I have cheated him if he expressed his satisfaction in two letters?” says Jimenez, pointing to where Van der Sloot wrote: “What me and Jimenez did was the best,” and “I am pleased with Mr. Jimenez’s work.”

“Both were written right after his sentencing, so if I had offered a plea bargain, how could he declare to be satisfied with my work in writing? I was his attorney until May; why didn’t he take me off the case immediately after the trial in January?”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: July 19, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »

BEEN THERE - DONE THAT!

Joran Van der Sloot Reportedly Getting Married, Seeks Overturn of Prison Sentence

Currently imprisoned at Piedras Gordas since January, Van der Sloot was condemned after pleading guilty to aggravated homicide and petty theft, which the court stated were crimes committed “with ferocity, great cruelty, and treachery.” Altez, who has recently taken over the case, objects to these charges and insists his client has psychological problems that are to blame for his actions. “He should have been charged with manslaughter, not aggravated homicide,” the lawyer said.[/b]

<snipped>

Regurgitating what his new defense is stressing, Van der Sloot attempts to draw on Peruvian legal lingo, and describes his crime as “homicide due to violent emotional distress”—which is similar to an insanity plea.

Altez insists Van der Sloot should have been given three to five years for the manslaughter charges, instead of the 28 years for aggravated homicide. “Joran has had a history of mental illness since he was 5 years old; there’s a record that proves he’s a sick person,” Altez claims.

<snipped>

Jimenez says he had attempted to put forth claims that his client suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder when he attacked Flores, but the court concluded: “The defendant does not present psychosis, nor any other psychiatric conditions that would limit him in any way; he is conscious and responsible for his actions.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »

Currently imprisoned at Piedras Gordas since January, Van der Sloot was condemned after pleading guilty to aggravated homicide and petty theft, which the court stated were crimes committed “with ferocity, great cruelty, and treachery.”

<snipped> 

June 14, 2010 11:00 AM
Joran van der Sloot Confession Transcript: "There was Blood Everywhere"

LIMA, Peru (CBS/AP) Joran van der Sloot slammed Stephany Flores in the face with his right elbow, strangled the 21-year-old Lima woman for a full minute, then took off his shirt and suffocated her with it, according to transcripts of his signed confession released by Peruvian authorities.

"There was blood everywhere," the Dutch national said according to transcripts obtained by CNN. "What am I going to do now? I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the bed, so, I took my shirt and put it on her face, pressing hard, until I killed Stephany."

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007595-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

KEEP STEPHANY'S PARENTS IN YOUR PRAYERS

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: July 19, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »

Joran Van der Sloot to Marry Behind Bars?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-to-marry_n_1687136.html?ncid=webmail1

The latest gossip in the bizarre life and crimes of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot is that the imprisoned 24-year-old is about to tie the knot in Peru. But, as with everything else in the young Dutchman's life, nothing is certain yet.

The rumors of marriage surfaced last week at Peru21.pe. The Peruvian news website, citing van der Sloot's attorney, Max Altez, said he plans to marry inside a Peruvian prison, where he is serving a 28-year prison sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores. The 21-year-old business student was found stabbed to death in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room on June 2, 2010.

The Dutchman is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Ala., vanished while on a class trip to Aruba in 2005. She was last seen leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with van der Sloot, then a 17-year-old honors student living in Aruba. Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance.

Altez, according to Peru21.pe, "declined to comment on the identity of the bride or the wedding date," but said it would take place this year.  ::snipping2::

more andslideshow at link

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: July 19, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »

Well, well, well...

I sure hope he brings his new bride to Alabama for his trial here.

We will for sure give her an Alabama welcome.

She might be in for a big surprise, ya think?
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #946 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

I cannot imagine the pathology of the mind that would agree to marry Frankengoon.

Challapalca him!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: July 20, 2012, 01:59:58 AM »

I guess it is a woman?

Well, we don't know that.  Perhaps Joran is the bride?

Just a thought.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: July 20, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: July 20, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »

According to Tabloids in South America

Natalee Holloway suspect Joran Van der Sloot reportedly set to marry
Published July 20, 2012

Joran Van der Sloot, who killed one woman and is the chief suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, may have found a woman willing to marry him.

Van der Sloot, who is in a Peruvian prison, is planning to marry a mystery woman inside the Lima lockup, according to tabloids in South America. His attorney Maximo Altez, denied the rumors, but added: ‘I’m just in charge of his legal issues, and I don’t participate in his private life.’

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/20/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-set-to-marry/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »

An American Tabloid

Natalee Holloway's Mom Sues The National Enquirer
Friday, June 22, 2012
Last Update: 9:57 AM PT

<snipped>

Elizabeth Holloway claims the Enquirer wrote and published "false headlines, articles, and statements with accompanying photographs" in its June 28, 2010; Dec. 6, 2010; and April 25, 2011 articles, and that the "false and outrageous articles and photography graphically describe the purported despicable treatment of Natalee's corpse."

The complaint states: "Defendants' conduct in publishing these false statements and accompanying manufactured photographs has been so outrageous in character, and so extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and is to be regarded as atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community. Furthermore, by publishing these false and disgusting statements and photographs, defendants intentionally and maliciously intruded into Holloway's emotional sanctum."

<snipped>

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/06/22/47696.htm

Lawsuit:

http://media.al.com/bn/other/holloway%20lawsuit.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »

An American Tabloid

COUNT ONE: TORT OF OUTRAGE

ARTICLE 1

35. In the June 28, 2010 issue of The National Enquirer, American Media, and The National Enquirer published or caused to be published a false and outrageous cover article entitled:

JORAN’S SECRET HAND-DRAWN MAP TO NATALEE’S GRAVE FOUND!
Killer tricked into FINALLY revealing truth
BOMBSHELL NEW EVIDENCE

Tim Miller

50. In support of Article 1, Defendants cite to statements allegedly made by Tim Miller.

51. Defendants had clear and compelling reasons to doubt the veracity of Miller and the truth or accuracy of Miller’s uncorroborated false factual statements in Article 1.

52. Upon information and belief, Miller received financial remuneration in consideration for concocting the sensationalized statements cited in Article 1.

53. Defendants knew prior to publication that Miller was not a reliable source

Jaap Amesz

54. In support of Article 1, Defendants cite to statements allegedly made by Jaap Amesz.

55. Defendants had clear and compelling reasons to doubt the veracity of Amesz and the truth or accuracy of Miller’s uncorroborated false factual statements in Article 1.

56. Upon information and belief, Amesz received financial remuneration in consideration for concocting the sensationalized statements cited in Article 1.

57. Defendants knew prior to publication that Amesz was not a reliable source.

ARTICLE 2

65. In the December 6, 2010 issue of The National Enquirer, American Media and The National Enquirer published or caused to be published a false and outrageous cover article entitled:

NEW BONE EVIDENCE:
NATALEE WAS BURIED ALIVE!
Joran’s secret graveyard with 5 MORE BODIES;
Killer’s sickening confession
CAUGHT ON TAPE!
HER TERRIFYING LAST MINUTES

Patrick van der Eem

85. In support of Article 2, Defendants cite to statements allegedly made by Patrick van der Eem.

86. Defendants had clear and compelling reasons to doubt the veracity of van der Eem and the truth or accuracy of van der Eem’s uncorroborated false factual statements in Article 2.

87. Upon information and belief, van der Eem received financial remuneration in consideration for concocting the sensationalized statements cited in Article 2.

88. Defendants knew prior to publication that van der Eem was not a reliable source.

Art Wood

89. In support of Article 2, Defendants cite to statements allegedly made by Art Wood.

90. Defendants had clear and compelling reasons to doubt the veracity of Wood and the truth or accuracy of Wood’s uncorroborated false factual statements in Article 2.

91. Upon information and belief, Wood received financial remuneration in consideration for concocting the sensationalized statements cited in Article 2.

92. Defendants knew prior to publication that Wood was not a reliable source.

TRIAL BY JURY DEMANDED ON COUNT ONE

http://media.al.com/bn/other/holloway%20lawsuit.pdf

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

Could it be that the Monkey Train will be rolling into Birmingham Station sooner than later?

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

In Alabama, the Dutchman is due to face U.S. charges of wire fraud and extortion for allegedly ripping off the Holloway family in exchange for information leading to the teenager’s body. The extradition would take place as soon as he finishes his sentence in Peru, or once approved by the Presidential Cabinet of Ministries.

<snipped>

_____

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: July 20, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »

Just saw this, what a scumbucket this jerk is:

Published July 20, 2012

FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/20/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-set-to-marry/?test=latestnews#ixzz21C1e9if3

Published July 20, 2012

FoxNews.com

Joran Van der Sloot, who killed one woman and is the chief suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, may have found a woman willing to marry him.

Van der Sloot, who is in a Peruvian prison, is planning to marry a mystery woman inside the Lima lockup, according to tabloids in South America. His attorney Maximo Altez, denied the rumors, but added: ‘I’m just in charge of his legal issues, and I don’t participate in his private life.’

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/20/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-set-to-marry/?test=latestnews#ixzz21C1sgNlX

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #954 on: July 20, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

He is in prison.  He shouldn't have a 'private life'.  Stephanie and Natalee won't.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: July 20, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

This is all according to the tabloids, so I don't give any of this any credence.  Any woman stupid enough to marry Joran after what we know about him deserves whatever she gets, IMO.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: July 20, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »

He is in prison.  He shouldn't have a 'private life'.  Stephanie and Natalee won't.

KittyMom

Until verified through a credible source ... the claim of Joran's impending marriage revealed in South American tabloids are neither here nor there.  IMO.  However ... worldwide perception is that Peruvian prisions are h--- holes but ... according to Stephany Flores' father ... Joran van der Sloot "lives like a king".  What is wrong with this picture.

I wished the "Monday" press conference announced by the Flores' attorney and Stephany's father and brother had happened.

Janet 

_____

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

<snipped>

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

<snipped>

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years

<snipped>

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

<snipped>

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/avantgo/2017229687.html

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #957 on: July 20, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sentence-appeal-under-consideration/0M7lAOh8LkaTFp2ibwv8lg.cspx

Van der Sloot sentence appeal under consideration

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot's 28 year murder sentence is under review by the Peruvian justice system.  And any reduction of his prison term there could bring him to Birmingham to face federal charges he scammed the family of missing Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway.

A court in Lima has accepted the paperwork in the case and turned it over to Peru's Supreme Court for review and evaluation. The crux of the appeal is that a former defense lawyer gave van der Sloot bad advice promising a guilty plea would get him 15 years. Instead he got 28.

The Dutchman is serving a murder sentence in the death of a 21 year old Peruvian student. The corpse of Stephany Flores was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on a graduation trip to Aruba.

Van der Sloot confessed he killed Flores in a fit of rage after she found material about Natalee on his laptop. A court convicted him instead of killing and robbing her...hence the longer sentence.

Van der Sloot is considered the prime suspect in Holloway's disappearance back in 2005. Natalee was last seen leaving an Aruban bar with van der Sloot and two of his friends. He was questioned but never charged by Aruban authorities.

But he does face wire fraud charges after he was indicted by a federal grand jury here in Birmingham. The feds say he promised information about Natalee's fate to the Holloway family, took their money, but only gave them bogus information. It's believed he used the Holloway money to travel to Peru for a poker tournament. That's where he met Flores.

The U.S. tried to extradite van der Sloot to face those federal charges but Peru is insisting he serve his murder time there

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #958 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50161:guarda-costa-a-frustra-plan-di-qdon-juanq&catid=6:policial&Itemid=8

Papiamentu translation:

douane at barcadera is score hour owing to descubri casi 180 package of drugs abordo of boat don juan

sunday, 15 july 2012 08:49

the barco "don juan" of alrededor of 30 leg of length cu 5 tripulante abordo was yegando we island saturday morning for of colombia, for supuestamente trece refresco y "jam’s". douane lever abordo algo happen of 11or just after cu past owing to enter y owing to canta bingo at once. all the tripulacion is deteni, same is the more of 100 kilo of cocaine y enough marihuana cu owing to stay in beslag!  ::snipping2::

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/119710-kilos-coke-aan-boord-don-juan

Google translation

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=5

Google translation:

In short

FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2012 9:37

Drugs The drugs destroyed, about 150 pounds of coke made recently by police, customs and coast guard was found on board the boat Don Juan, has been destroyed. The drugs were burned ....
Read more ...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #959 on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

Justice for Natalee!  

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.