April 26, 2024, 05:40:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female Circumcision  (Read 4640 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 29, 2007, 05:11:42 PM »

I want to thank ANNA for sending me this email.  This is a practice, strory I have followed for years - I am glad to see that there is beginning to be light shed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287393,00.html

The only thing that I questioned about this article is I have personally never heard of Christians using female circumcision before, I thought it was an exclusive pervision of Islam... dreamt up by the Taliban.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:00:20 AM »

I've always been totally shocked and outraged at female circumcision. I understand it was going on for many years before I found out about it. I think the goal is to cut off the labia and the clitoris. They do it without anesthesia and many women die from infection or from bleeding to death. The purpose of those ignorant patriarchal men is to deny women sexual pleasure so they will not be unfaithful. As if they would ever think of such a thing as married Muslim women. The men must feel deficient in some way that they need to totally eliminate any possibility that their lovemaking (and I would not call it lovemaking when they circumcise their women) would be deficient.

Boorish and ignorant men. A skewed society. Women do not have rights.

I could write more but it would be very gross and I don't think we need to go there. It is what it is. In their society, the purpose of women is to have babies and that's it. Oh wait a minute, I forgot - women cook the food, gather the food and serve it up. So not only are they vessels to conceive children, but they do all the work, as well.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »

Yes,it has and does go on.It is horrible,and tragic
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:41:54 AM »

It was not invented by the Taliban.

It is not recently created or recently increased in frequency, its only recent publicity by western journalists who seem to think we should be concerned about the 'victims'.

The practice is performed by females on other females, including on females who are sent from civilized nations such as the UK back to Africa for the procedure and then returned to the UK.

The purpose of the procedure is not to protect the male from a 'deficient' performance since this is a totally absurd and incomprehensible viewpoint. These countries have the viewpoint that a males performance is deficient if he does not enjoy the sexual intercourse and if he is unable to impregnate the female. Enjoyment by the female is an alien concept as is consent of the female. The so-called 'female circumcision' takes place in countries located in what is referred to as the fistula belt. These are countries wherein females are impregnated so young that complications of delivery often result in urinary problems that render the female worthless due to constant urination and lack of ability to bear any more sons.

By removing from the female any ability to enjoy the sexual experience, the honor of the family is protected by making it more certain that the purity of the bloodline will be maintained since a male is more assured that his females will make no attempt to seek out other males.

Those of you who find these concepts revolting should be reminded that these are the people who are getting relief efforts.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

It was not invented by the Taliban.

It is not recently created or recently increased in frequency, its only recent publicity by western journalists who seem to think we should be concerned about the 'victims'.

The practice is performed by females on other females, including on females who are sent from civilized nations such as the UK back to Africa for the procedure and then returned to the UK.

The purpose of the procedure is not to protect the male from a 'deficient' performance since this is a totally absurd and incomprehensible viewpoint. These countries have the viewpoint that a males performance is deficient if he does not enjoy the sexual intercourse and if he is unable to impregnate the female. Enjoyment by the female is an alien concept as is consent of the female. The so-called 'female circumcision' takes place in countries located in what is referred to as the fistula belt. These are countries wherein females are impregnated so young that complications of delivery often result in urinary problems that render the female worthless due to constant urination and lack of ability to bear any more sons.

By removing from the female any ability to enjoy the sexual experience, the honor of the family is protected by making it more certain that the purity of the bloodline will be maintained since a male is more assured that his females will make no attempt to seek out other males.

Those of you who find these concepts revolting should be reminded that these are the people who are getting relief efforts.

unless i am misunderstanding - it almost sounds as if you are trying to justify this barbaric behavior.  There is no reason, no excuse, nothing anyone could ever say to me that would change my mind - this practice is completely unexcusable, completely disgusting, and it is being done .  I will never accept it I dont care where, who, or how long they have performed it.  It is simply not right.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

I agree with you, Blah.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 11:38:25 PM »

Blah... once again, as usual, we agree.

FOOLS.. you are walking a tight rope.. either get with it and learn respect or leave.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:01:54 AM »

Justify the behavior????
Where did I say anything like that?

Its simply not some sort of recent invention or Taliban-related invention. And it is indeed performed by females who believe it is a proper thing to do. It is not limited to remote villages wherein education is unheard of.

Those who call for 'humanitarian relief' efforts to feed the starving... are feeding the perpetrators of these brutal surgeries.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »

Is CrimbeBlog.US a reputable site?  I believe Steve Huff is the author.  Anyway, on that blog in the comments section they are speculating that the Georgia murder of the mother (Jane)and two daughters is related to female genital mutilation.  See comment below:

[size=8
pt]They interviewed Jane’s immigration attorney on the local news here today. He revealed what happened to Jane and her family in Kenya. According to the attorney, Jane’s husband had at one time been a member of a “violent sect” in Kenya, but he had left that sect, and he and Jane spoke out in opposition to FGM. To coerce him to return to the sect, they kidnapped Jane (who was already a grown, married woman with three children) and forced the mutilation on her. Once she was returned to the family, the sect continued to threaten the daughters with the same, so Jane fled with the children, and her husband was subsequently murdered.

I think with these details, there will be little doubt about what happened to my neighbor and her children. This is such a tragedy.[/size]

Comment posted by Tabby on August 3rd, 2007 (Comment #33)

http://crimeblog.us/?p=517

I have no idea if this is true or even plausible, however, thought I would post it for discussion purposes.  I wonder if any of our Atlanta monkeys have heard anything about this case. 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »

A's... because I used to live there I read the papers and stuff from there... homesick ya know?

this story sounds familiar to me, but I think I read about it in Glamour or something similar to that...

Steve Huff is, I believe, reputable.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »

A's... because I used to live there I read the papers and stuff from there... homesick ya know?

this story sounds familiar to me, but I think I read about it in Glamour or something similar to that...

Mrs. Red, this murder occurred earlier this week in Powder Springs, Georgia.  Wednesday, I think.  Very recent.  The three women were killed and two boys were severely injured.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »

Mrs. Red, this murder occurred earlier this week in Powder Springs, Georgia.  Wednesday, I think.  Very recent.  The three women were killed and two boys were severely injured.

A's I am so sorry... I misread the quote... I had heard of something similar happening before.  I am going to go and scour the atlanta papers and call some friends...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13797098/detail.html

POWDER SPRINGS -- A lawyer for a woman killed along with her two daughters in Cobb County says the family fled Kenya in 2001 because she feared the girls would have to undergo female circumcision.

Annabelle Kuria

Immigration attorney Charles H. Kuck said that Jane Kuria left Kenya in January 2001 after the death of her husband and the destruction of their home. Kuck said that according to her political asylum application, the couple was targeted in Kenya because of their opposition to female genital mutilation.

Kuck said that Kuria suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome after she was forced to undergo the procedure.

"She was afraid for her daughters more than anything else," Kuck said Thursday evening. "She was terrified that it would happen to them."

A judge had recently denied her request for asylum. A hearing was scheduled for her daughters later this month.

Investigators Do Not Believe Cobb County Murders Were Random

The 46-year-old Kuria and daughters, 19-year-old Isabela and 16-year-old Annabelle, were found dead Wednesday morning in their two-story Powder Springs home. Authorities say Kuria's seven-year-old son, Jeremy, and eight-year-old cousin Peter Thiande were both found unconscious.

Investigators have questioned one of the boys. Cobb County Police spokesman Dana Pierce would not say yesterday which of the boys was questioned and would not reveal details about the conversation.

Police investigating the case have otherwise remained tightlipped about the killing, refusing to release details on a possible suspect or motive.

The mayor of Powder Springs said citizens are frightened but, she said, police have told her the murders were not random. She said people should still practice safety.

Friends and family members have set up an account to help pay for the victim's funerals at Bank of America, Account Number: 334003069481.

Copyright 2007 by WSBTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

female circumcision,  female genital mutilation,  same thing to me, and BOTH are BARBARIC and INHUMANE,  I don't give a rats a$$ about traditions in any  3rd world country that think it is as acceptable as incest and rape are in others.  Its not okay in my book.

Maine, born and raised!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »

female circumcision,  female genital mutilation,  same thing to me, and BOTH are BARBARIC and INHUMANE,  I don't give a rats a$$ about traditions in any  3rd world country that think it is as acceptable as incest and rape are in others.  Its not okay in my book.
agreed.

FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 06:58:10 AM »

Then I assume you object to international "relief" efforts to feed these people and that any calls to end the killing in Dafur will fall on deaf ears. Do you think the few who escape the squalor of their home countries to come to civilized nations should be allowed to use this genital mutilation issue to evade normal immigration law situations that would deport them immediately?
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »

Then I assume you object to international "relief" efforts to feed these people and that any calls to end the killing in Dafur will fall on deaf ears. Do you think the few who escape the squalor of their home countries to come to civilized nations should be allowed to use this genital mutilation issue to evade normal immigration law situations that would deport them immediately?

What does feeding these people have to do with their genitals????? 

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.