March 19, 2024, 05:09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies at 48  (Read 33322 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »

Whitney Houston apparently drowned in bath after ingesting cocktail of prescription sedatives

Officials won't have definitive answers for several weeks

Whitney Houston apparently drowned in her bath after ingesting a cocktail of prescription sedatives — the latest in a string of accidental celebrity overdoses on legal pills.

An autopsy was performed Sunday but officials said they wouldn’t have any definitive answers until drug tests are completed in several weeks.

“At this time, her cause of death is deferred pending toxicology and further testing,” said Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter.

“I know there are reports that she drowned or overdosed. We won’t make the final determination until all the tests are in,” he said.

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/whitney-houston-daughter-bobbi-christina-brown-rushed-hospital-mom-dies-reports-article-1.1021338#ixzz1mES2iWCt

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 12:09:13 AM »

Video at link

http://www.billboard.com/column/the-juice/jennifer-hudson-pays-tribute-to-whitney-1006177432.story#/column/the-juice/jennifer-hudson-pays-tribute-to-whitney-1006177432.story

Jennifer Hudson Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston at Grammys: Watch
by Erika Ramirez, N.Y.   |   February 12, 2012 11:25 EST

For me, the only thing that feels right begins with a prayer -- for a woman who we loved. For our fallen sister, Whitney Houston," LL Cool J said of the late legend. The host opened the 54th Annual Grammy Awards with a prayer for Houston.

Moments after news broke of Houston's death Saturday (Feb. 11), the Recording Academy put together a classic tribute to the legend, last minute.

Jennifer Hudson, who looked at Whitney Houston as a mentor belted the late singer's hit, "I Will Always Love You," with such passion. Hudson emphasized on Houston's vocal depth by staying true to her own, owning the classic from the start.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/13/whitney-houston-cause-of-death-prescription-drugs-drowning-atlanta/

Whitney Houston 2/13/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF.Whitney Houston

Family Told She Died from Rx NOT Drowning

"Believe nothing what you hear and have of what you see"

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:39 AM »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/music/Whitney-Houstons-Life-In-Photos-139165339.html   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »

Nut44x4     
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57376782/whitney-houstons-body-arrives-home-in-n.j/

Whitney Houston's body arrives home in N.J.
CBS/AP)  Updated at 11:45 p.m. ET

NEWARK, N.J. - The body of Whitney Houston arrived in her home state of New Jersey for a funeral to be held at week's end, according to multiple report.

The plane carrying Houston left Los Angeles late Monday and arrived later at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, a few miles west of Manhattan, Reuters reports.

Houston's family raised the possibility of holding a wake Thursday and funeral Friday at Newark's Prudential Center, an arena that hosts college and professional sport events and seats about 18,000.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/14/whitney-houston-death-bathtub-photo/

The photo shows the tub still filled with water. 

There's a gravy dish at the bottom of the tub, which Whitney typically filled with olive oil to keep her skin soft.

Notice the two circular objects -- they're hair ties.

And there's a towel at the bottom of the tub -- possibly worn by Whitney to keep her hair dry while she was bathing.

ME:
   Did she fall in the tub?  She had olive oil in the water to keep her skin soft:)

I would try putting olive oil in the tub, but I would fall on my rump.  I am thinking she may have simply took a dive or slipped.
 MY question's and my opinion's.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

http://www.eonline.com/news/the_awful_truth/whitney_houston_more_sparkle_set/294042?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&%3Fcmpid=eonline-twitter&dlvrit=48939
Whitney Houston: More Sparkle Set Sources Insist Star "Was in Good Shape"
Today 4:53 AM PST by Ted Casablanca and Alyssa Toomey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/ThomasARoberts
Thomas Roberts @ThomasARoberts
BREAKING NEWS. The Houston family says NO PUBLIC service to honor Whitney just one private invite only funeral. More 11a @msnbctv

~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/ThomasARoberts
Thomas Roberts @ThomasARoberts
BREAKING NEWS. The Houston family says NO PUBLIC service to honor Whitney just one private invite only funeral. More 11a @msnbctv

Woow!   Will this be televised? 

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 03:06:11 PM »

I haven't read anything about it being televised.  So far, no public wake; a private, invitation-only funeral service at the church.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/2012/02/14/whitney-houstons-autopsy-inside-look

Whitney Houston's autopsy: An inside look
Published February 13, 2012 | On the Record | On the Record
Special Guests: Dr. Michael Baden

VAN SUSTEREN: Dr. Baden, why does it take so long to get toxicology results?

BADEN: Well, what's happening is the autopsy took a day. The toxicology will probably -- 95 percent of it will be finished by the end of the week. But then they want to leave themselves time to do other studies, if necessary, look for other drugs that weren't looked for the first time, look at the microscopic slides because if there were infections, say a myocarditis in the heart, or encephalitis, you might not -- you'd see that only under the microscope on the microscopic slides.

So I'm sure they're going to do a thorough examination to rule out any other infectious or natural cause of death, if it's there.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is it because of the backlog in the labs, or is it because they actually have to do something that takes weeks?

BADEN: No. If they put in the backlog, then it'll take a long time. But this type of investigation should go to the front of the line. There shouldn't be a backlog in testing Whitney's blood and other tissues.

The testing itself takes about a week itself. For the normal, general unknown, that would be done. But there are lots of other drugs that aren't included in the initial tests. And they want to leave themselves time in case they have to do special tests because of other things they learn about drugs that she might have been exposed to.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, why do you think, or what were the police and the investigators and the coroner and everyone else doing in that hotel room for so long? Because her body remained in that room for an awful long time.

BADEN: Yes, it did, for some 9 hours. First of all, apart from photographing the scene and -- for some reason, they felt they had to get a court order to make sure they were in line legally to look for any drugs that might not be out in front of them. They could take whatever they see, but if they're going to search in drawers, under the mattress, they thought they had to get a court order.

And also, they spent a lot of time interviewing every person who saw the scene, who was there, the people mentioned -- the people from the people from hotel, any hotel persons who came up, through the fire department people, EMT people, to see what each one of them saw and said.

Remember, they were told that she went into the bathtub under her own volition, but the police want to make sure that she wasn't carried in there because she had lost conscious. A healthy person, a person who's conscious, will not drown in bathtub unless something happens to them -- a heart attack, a brain hemorrhage, if she fell down and hit her head and got a subdural hemorrhage, so that -- because drugs themselves can cause her to lose consciousness...

VAN SUSTEREN: Are you saying that you can't fall asleep in the bathtub and slip down and drown? It's got to be something else. I mean, if you're asleep and you fall into the water, are you going to wake up?

BADEN: Yes. Yes. If -- many people fall asleep relaxing in the bathtub. They don't drown because if their nose and mouth goes under the water, it'll wake them up. You have to be unconscious to drown.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/2012/02/14/whitney-houstons-autopsy-inside-look#ixzz1mO8zTkNP
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/macabre-photo-revealed-bathtub-whitney-houston-died-article-1.1022237?localLinksEnabled=false

‘Star-studded choir’ to sing at Whitney Houston’s  funeral Saturday at Newark church she grew up in
Published: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 9:49 AM
Updated: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 3:01 PM

A star-studded choir of music legends will perform at Whitney Houston’s funeral, the pastor at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark said Tuesday.

The pop diva will receive a send-off fit for the pop icon she was when mourners pack into her childhood church on Sussex Avenue at noon Saturday.

“The family has made it very clear there is going to be a strong musical celebration of her life,” Pastor Joe Carter told the Daily News.

He stopped short of revealing who would be in the exclusive choir.

“I can’t name names,” he added.

Whitney comes from a celebrated musical family.

Her mother is gospel singer Cissy Houston, she was cousins with Dionne Warwick, and Aretha Franklin was her godmother.

The “I Will Always Love You” singer also counted Chaka Khan as one of her closest friends.

R&B singer Kelly Price, who shared the stage with Whitney on her last ever performance, and Jennifer Hudson are also expected to attend.

Carolyn Whigham, owner of Whigham Funeral Home, said the singer’s family had personally made the arrangements and the service would be by “invitation only.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/macabre-photo-revealed-bathtub-whitney-houston-died-article-1.1022237#ixzz1mOCL2pzK
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »

I just saw that TMZ.com is showing photos someone took immediately after WH was pulling out the bath.  They show the room not her body.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »

Good afternoon Monkey's,

Trimm,

She looked like she was in good shape to me, in the video clips. She was reportly giddy... I would be doing
cart wheels around the pool, too, if I were her.  I really loved her arms, she must have worked out.
I remember her arms were so skinny, a few years ago.  I think the press, has overblown her death for rating's.

I wonder if her life would have been different if it were not for B.B.? an angelic monkey God Bless her soul.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »

An interesting story about the song, "I Will Always Love You."  Enjoy!

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/12-things-didn-t-know-always-love-192744564.html

12 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘I Will Always Love You’
By Chris Willman
PostsBy Chris Willman | Stop The Presses! – 3 hours ago

You probably already knew that Whitney Houston's recording of "I Will Love You" is one of the biggest singles of the last 25 years... and the song that defined her legacy, as proven by its use as the lone ballad of homage to Houston at Sunday night's Grammys. Maybe you even know that a not-so-behind-the-scenes songsmith named Dolly Parton wrote and first recorded it, almost 20 years before Whitney spent a then-record 14 weeks at the top of the singles chart in 1992-93 with what turned out to be her signature song.

But did you know that Kevin Costner is the one who found the song for Houston? That a cash dispute scotched an Elvis Presley recording of the tune? Or that Saddam Hussein was also a huge fan? Here are a dozen lesser-known facts about the power ballad that America and the world will always love:

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/12-things-didn-t-know-always-love-192744564.html

By Chris Willman

You probably already knew that Whitney Houston's recording of "I Will Love You" is one of the biggest singles of the last 25 years... and the song that defined her legacy, as proven by its use as the lone ballad of homage to Houston at Sunday night's Grammys. Maybe you even know that a not-so-behind-the-scenes songsmith named Dolly Parton wrote and first recorded it, almost 20 years before Whitney spent a then-record 14 weeks at the top of the singles chart in 1992-93 with what turned out to be her signature song.

But did you know that Kevin Costner is the one who found the song for Houston? That a cash dispute scotched an Elvis Presley recording of the tune? Or that Saddam Hussein was also a huge fan? Here are a dozen lesser-known facts about the power ballad that America and the world will always love:

Thank-you Grace-land,

I learned something new, Dolly Parton wrote the song about a professional breakup, not a personal one. 

The song sounds entirely different, sung by Whitney. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »

By Chris Willman

Thank-you Grace-land,

I learned something new, Dolly Parton wrote the song about a professional breakup, not a personal one. 

The song sounds entirely different, sung by Whitney. IMO

I was surprised, too. 

When I listened to Dolly sing the song, it sounded like a very mournful, sad love song.  I really liked it.

I enjoy listening to different talented singers sing a classic song; they add a new interpretation to it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_766798.html

Whitney Houston climbs pop charts again after death  
Published on Feb 15, 2012

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Whitney Houston's songs were rocketing up the pop charts on Tuesday, in some cases a quarter-century after their initial release, as fans sought to recapture the magic of the diva's iconic voice in the wake of her death.

Amazon.com said on its website that seven of the top 10 bestselling music collections were recordings from Houston, while her Greatest Hits album was the top seller on iTunes.

Meanwhile, British music tracker Official Charts said that sales from Sunday through to midnight on Monday were so brisk that seven of Houston's recordings were 'heading for the Top 40.' The company said in a statement that topping the sales was Houston's smash hit I Will Always Love You, her cover of a classic tune by country star Dolly Parton. Houston's version of the ballad spent 10 weeks at number one 20 years ago this year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.