March 29, 2024, 07:59:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandy Hall, 32, PalmBay,FL, 8/17/06 - Items in Indian River  (Read 14406 times)
festa
Scared Monkey

« on: June 29, 2007, 05:17:52 PM »

'Find' contains Brandy Hall's belongings
BY LINDA JUMP

PALM BAY -- Indian River fishermen have found a bookbag with clothing and other personal items of Brandy Hall, a 32-year-old mother of two who has been missing since Aug. 17.

Friday, friends and family announced that the reward for information about the volunteer firefighter increased from $1,000 to $10,000.

It was also fishermen who found the only other clue into Hall’s whereabouts. On Aug. 18, a fisherman found her firefighting gear floating in a pond south of the Palm Bay campus of Brevard Community College. Police recovered Hall’s green pickup truck submerged in the pond. The cab contained what police have called “a substantial amount” of Hall’s blood.

But police and family still have no idea what happened to Hall, 32. No body has been found.

“We feel in our hearts that someone knows something. We ask, beg or plead,” said Hall’s husband, Jeffrey Hall.

Yvonne Martinez, spokeswoman for Palm Bay Police, who are conducting the investigation, said officers spent “most of yesterday to search for other evidence” at the western Indian River site where the bag was found Wednesday. But she wouldn’t give any other details about exactly where the bag was found or what it contained.

“We continue to treat this as a missing person or homicide,” Martinez said. She said leads continue to come in.

Hall has two children, age 6 and 11 now.

Hall worked for several years as a paid Palm Bay firefighter. She was fired after an arrest on charges that she conspired with her husband, former Osceola County Fire Chief Jeffrey Ray Hall, to grow marijuana. Charges were later dropped against her.

The day after her disappearance, Brandy Hall was expected to testify for her husband at his sentencing. That day, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison for cultivating cannabis. He has been free on bail pending an appeal.

At the time of her disappearance, Hall was a volunteer with the Malabar Fire Department. She was last seen at the firehouse at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 17.

If you have information: Call 1-800-423-TIPS

Contact Jump at 409-1423 or ljump@floridatoday.com

Just so there is no confusion, this is a "new" find - those initials items found on 8/18 of last year were found in the Palm Bay pond, but this bookbag was found recently - perhaps they are getting closer to finding her body.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »

This is a website regarding Brandy.

http://www.findbrandyhall.net/

And also info at link below:
http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2006/08/fl-malabar-fire-lt-brandy-hall-is.html

I'm still reading info on this but the husband (again) looks like a likely suspect - she was supposed to testify at his trial the day after she disappeared - I believe they were both accused of growing pot for sale - perhaps Brandy was going to cut a deal, IDK, just speculating because at that above link - behindthebluewall - they have a statement he made at his trial the day after her disappearance, saying that he needed to tend to his wife, she had a skull fracture???  I'm trying to make sense of that, since she is missing, so what skull fracture is he talking about OR does he know about - they found her truck with a significant amount of blood in it.  Of course, as always, he went on TV and begged for whoever knows what happened to her to come forward, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

BTW, they drained the pond that they found her truck, blood and fire equipment in, but no body.  Now with this find of her bookbag in the Indian River, maybe they might be closer to finding her - you'd think the body would surface, but I've vacationed on the Indian River (if that is indeed where they found that bookbag) and the bottom is gooey black tar, thick - if she was weighted and stuck on the bottom, and it's pretty deep in the middle.  Texas Equusearch conducted a search in Oct 06 but I'm trying to find out what if anything they were able to find -

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »

Police said Jeffrey Hall was at home with his children the night Brandy disappeared. He has custody of the boy and girl.

"The last thing she told me was that Jeff (messed) up her life," said Stacey Jellison, 30, the youngest of the Bull Creek Girls. "She held a huge grudge about him. It grabbed her job right out from under her."

Detectives subpoenaed bank records, phone transactions, even e-mail records.

So far, nothing has surfaced -- no withdrawals, no phone messages, no hints Brandy is alive.

Her last phone calls were made to two people, including a Palm Bay firefighter investigators say remains one of several "persons of interest" in the case.

"(The firefighter) did speak to her the night she disappeared. We did talk to him, but he has since gotten a lawyer," Suelter said of the unnamed Palm Bay firefighter.

The firefighter's department-issued sport utility vehicle was turned over to forensics investigators. No preliminary connections to Brandy were found.

http://www.someoneismissing.com/florida/brandy-hall.htm

So I guess her husband is not the only suspect - on that website the article also alludes to her numerous "platonic" relationships within the fire department - this guy lawyered up, IDK, if you've got nothing to hide, do you still lawyer up?  still think the husband might have a reason...
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

Yes my friend Festa - sounds like she might have made at least a few folks angry!!!  

Hopefully they find something more and Soon!!!

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 08:35:03 PM »

Updates on Brandy Hall Case:

More Items From Missing Firefighter Found
http://tinyurl.com/2rml2g  More items found, but the police won't say what they are...

She's been missing since August 17th.  Here is another article about the ongoing search.  And the reward money has been increasted to $10,000.  

http://tinyurl.com/2r3g64

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »

Missing woman’s husband goes to jail

BY J.D.GALLOP
Oct 10th 2007

The husband of missing Malabar firefighter Brandy Hall spent the first night of an 18-month stint behind bars for marijuana cultivation after an Osceola County judge denied requests to allow him more time with his children while police search for their mother.

The decision by Judge John Morgan on Wednesday meant Jeffrey Hall, a former Osceola fire chief, was swiftly fingerprinted and booked into the county detention center following the courtroom hearing in Kissimmee, officials said.

The 44-year-old will be turned over to state corrections to serve out sentence for the cultivation of marijuana on the 13-acre property he shared with his wife, Brandy Hall, officials said. The hearing was also the latest twist in the Brandy Hall case as Palm Bay police continue to search for clues in the firefighter’s mysterious disappearance in the hours before his initial sentencing on Aug. 18, 2006.

Palm Bay police had hoped to talk to Jeffrey Hall, who is not considered a suspect in his wife’s disappearance, before he was remanded to prison. He was out of custody on bond while attorneys argued he was now forced to be a single parent to the couple’s two small children. Detectives — with few leads to work on — maintained that Jeffrey Hall has refused to be interviewed about the case without immunity. “There are questions that have never been answered,” said Mike Pusatere, the lead detective on the Brandy Hall case.

“Wanting a promise of immunity... it makes him appear he has something to hide or that he had something to do with her disappearance, but I don’t think that’s the case.”

Pusatere said what he wants to know is whether Hall thinks the disappearance has anything to do with the marijuana case or anyone from the couple’s past.

Brandy Hall was also charged in the marijuana case but the charges were eventually dropped.

Kepler Funk, Jeffrey Hall’s attorney said his client talked freely with an FDLE agent within days of the disappearance. “Mr. Hall told the complete truth and everything he knew in an effort to locate his missing wife,” Funk said in a statement.

Hall, said Funk, also coordinated search efforts and hired a private investigator to find his wife.

“The Palm Bay Police Department should focus their time and efforts on finding Brandy and not re-interviewing a person who is not a suspect.”

Pusatere remained adamant that Jeffrey Hall could help the case.“I think he can shed light and clear up some avenues of the investigation and clear up our focus, Pusatere said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

I have had human remains in my folder for a long time now that I thought may be Brandy. It seems to me LE would have checked this out because the bones were found so close to where her helmet was found and where she went missing. Still no updates on these bones.

Skull, other bones found in ditch in Indian River County
By Lamaur Stancil (Contact)
Originally published 10:23 a.m., March 7, 2008
Updated 10:23 a.m., March 7, 2008

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — State investigators are still trying to determine how a skull and a couple of bones wound up in a ditch in Winter Beach.

Someone found the bones in a wooded area near 71st Street and Old Dixie Highway on Dec. 17, the Indian River County Sheriff's Office said. The collection included a skull, two tibias and a left rib, according to the state Medical Examiner's Office. Because there was no flesh on the bones, the remains are thought to have been in the area for at least several months, the Sheriff's Office said.

Sheriff's officials don't know the gender or race of the remains, and no clothes or jewelry were found nearby. The bones are being studied at the human identification laboratory at the University of Florida, officials at the state Medical Examiner's Office said.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/mar/...-river-county/
I FIND NO updates on this story above!

Winter Beach where the bones were found to Indian Harbour Beach FL, where the helmet was found is
45 miles

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
missingsil
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »

Thank you Nut 44x4 for posting this information.  I was trying to send you a PM but don't see that as an option.  Was wanting to get some additional information.  I contacted the person that wrote this article and he has not responded however I did speak with the detective regarding this and he spoke with Indian Harbor and they are 99% sure that the bones belong to a male. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »

Welcome Sil ... thanks for that info. I think of Brandy often and keep my eyes on the 'unidentified' daily. PM's are not enabled at Scared Monkeys, except for Admin and Mods. We had a lot of trouble (abuse) in that department in the past and it makes life simpler to keep them shut off.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — The bones found almost one year ago in Winter Beach are unlikely ever to be positively identified, officials with the state Medical Examiner's Office in Fort Pierce said Wednesday.

On Dec. 17, 2007, a worker found the bones in a wooded area near 71st Street and Old Dixie Highway. The collection included a skull, two tibias and a left rib, none of which had flesh on them, officials said.

The Indian River County Sheriff's Office said no clothes or jewelry were found nearby. The Sheriff's Office wasn't able to make comparisons to anyone on the county's missing person list, and the discovery of the bones did not generate many calls from the public, spokesman Jeff Luther said.

The bones were sent earlier this year to the University of Florida's anthropology department. Currently, the Federal Bureau of Investigation is checking the bones, state officials said. However, the federal agency told the state the bones had a lack of DNA. FBI officials did not give the state a firm date for when they would conclude their research into the bones, state officials said.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/dec/03/bones-found-winter-beach-last-year-unlikely-be-ide/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »

Mystery lingers in disappearance of volunteer firefighter
BY J.D.GALLOP • FLORIDA TODAY • August 17, 2009

Read Comments(43)
The once-ubiquitous posters with Brandy Hall's face are mostly gone as clues surrounding her mysterious disappearance grow murkier with time.

Three years later, all that remains of the case is a thick file that keeps the attention of Sgt. Ken Arnold, a detective with the Palm Bay Police Department.

"It's still an open case, but we haven't had any active leads in quite a while," Arnold said. The 32-year-old mother of two and outdoor enthusiast vanished Aug. 17, 2006, after she left work at the Malabar Volunteer Fire Department.

The next day, the firefighter's pickup was pulled from a small pond off Treeland Boulevard after a fisherman spotted her gear bobbing in the water. Inside the truck's cabin was Hall's blood, police said.

Since then, detectives have located a waterlogged backpack in an Indian River canal and her old firefighter's helmet at an Indian Harbour marina. And yet none of the clues have yielded insight into what happened to Hall.

"It's a frustrating case because we don't know what happened," Arnold said.

Detectives have talked to psychics, picked through animal bones and sorted through a number of theories about the case even as a $10,000 reward was offered to the public for information.

Her husband, Jeffrey Hall, is back with the children after completing a prison stint for a marijuana charge. Investigators say Brandy Hall was supposed to meet her husband at his sentencing at the Osceola County Courthouse when she failed to turn up. He was the former Osceola fire chief when he was arrested on charges of growing marijuana on his property.

"She was a great person," said Cindy Farrington, a family friend.

"No one deserves this, to be away from her family like this."

Family members and friends have kept her memory alive online with a MySpace page but so far have not scheduled another public memorial.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call police at 952-3456.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090817/NEWS01/908170310/1006/Mystery+lingers+in+disappearance+of+volunteer+firefighter

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »

Florida is a hot bed for missing people..

bottom line is Blood tells the story. she was most likely murdered.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »

This is a website regarding Brandy.

http://www.findbrandyhall.net/

And also info at link below:
http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2006/08/fl-malabar-fire-lt-brandy-hall-is.html

I'm still reading info on this but the husband (again) looks like a likely suspect - she was supposed to testify at his trial the day after she disappeared - I believe they were both accused of growing pot for sale - perhaps Brandy was going to cut a deal, IDK, just speculating because at that above link - behindthebluewall - they have a statement he made at his trial the day after her disappearance, saying that he needed to tend to his wife, she had a skull fracture???  I'm trying to make sense of that, since she is missing, so what skull fracture is he talking about OR does he know about - they found her truck with a significant amount of blood in it.  Of course, as always, he went on TV and begged for whoever knows what happened to her to come forward, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

BTW, they drained the pond that they found her truck, blood and fire equipment in, but no body.  Now with this find of her bookbag in the Indian River, maybe they might be closer to finding her - you'd think the body would surface, but I've vacationed on the Indian River (if that is indeed where they found that bookbag) and the bottom is gooey black tar, thick - if she was weighted and stuck on the bottom, and it's pretty deep in the middle.  Texas Equusearch conducted a search in Oct 06 but I'm trying to find out what if anything they were able to find -

The link http://www.findbrandyhall.net/  is for sale:

July 24, 2012 | This domain may be for sale

The link http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2006/08/fl-malabar-fire-lt-brandy-hall-is.html still works.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.