April 19, 2024, 10:02:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bianca Noel Piper 13, missing 3/10/05 Foley, Missouri  (Read 36360 times)
lowsw
Scared Monkey

« on: July 02, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »

Missouri

There is a young girl from Missouri, Bianca Noel Piper, who has been missing since March 10, 2005 (she was 10 at the time).  There has been no national exposure for this family to spotlight this girl as being missing.  All that is out there is a website set up for information

http://www.findbianca.org/

but you never hear about it or Bianca on any of the news channels.

Please go to the website for more information.

Some information about Bianca:
Bianca is a special little girl.  She suffers from bi-polar disorder and didn't have many friends because of it.  The news media reports her as being "+++++++" or "having the mental capacity of 7 yr. old", but that is not true.  She has trouble concentrating in school and was behind in some of her studies compared to other kids her age, but she is definitely not +++++++. She loves animals, and loves living where she does not because it was the first chance she'd had to actually have cats and dogs.   Bianca is also quite an artist - she could look at something and draw it.

Also, please write to news media outlets and request that they at least make mention of Bianca.  Her family needs our help.

modified age. She was 13 in Oct. of 2005
Birthdate: 12/26/91  Missing Date: 3/10/05
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/piper.htm
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:45:25 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

God Bless Natalee
Prayers for Natalee and her families
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »

Bianca Piper

Thirteen-year-old Bianca Piper loved the outdoors and was a student at Winfield Middle School in Foley, Missouri. She and her mother, Shannon Tanner, had just moved into the area in October of 2004. Because of a mental handicap, Bianca possessed the mentality of a six-year-old and suffered periodic bouts of anxiety and anger. Whenever these bouts occurred, her mother would follow a counselor's advice and drive Bianca a mile from their home and drop her off for a walk back. This action was a prescribed part of a self-control treatment program to help the young girl walk off her anger.

Around 6 p.m., on Thursday, March 10th, Shannon drove her daughter down McIntosh Hill Road. She gave Bianca a flashlight and dropped her off on a bridge by a creek, then returned home. By 8 p.m., Bianca still had failed to show up. The child's concerned mother and grandfather contacted local law enforcement authorities to report her as missing. A search was immediately conducted around the parent's home and the entire area. By nightfall, Bianca still had not been found and authorities became worried about her exposure to the inclement weather and expected overnight drop in temperature, which was to be in the 30's. "That's not a good sign, the weather as it is," said Lincoln County Sheriff Dan Torres. There were also worries about Bianca becoming disoriented from the lack of needed medications.

The search for Bianca was eventually called off because of darkness, and a massive search was resumed early the next morning. Searchers on foot and with tracking dogs, Civil Air Patrol planes and helicopters, people on horseback, and over 250 civilian volunteers joined Guy Young, Bianca's grandfather, in the search. "The mother is very upset, as well as the grandmother and myself. We just hope for the best for Bianca and we hope she turns up somewhere," said Young. "I'm not the kind of person who sits around the house. I needed to get out here and search for her." Fliers and posters were circulated throughout the state.

Authorities methodically questioned Bianca's entire family. Her mother and her live-in-boyfriend were questioned for several hours. They also questioned Bianca's biological father, who lived in Fredericktown, Missouri. Questions arose about the unorthodox intervention method of dropping off a mentally-challenged child in the dark on a lonely road without accompanying adult supervision. Bianca had no history of running away and authorities began to suspect foul play. They questioned registered sex offenders in the county and searched their homes. A request for assistance was made to the FBI.

Shannon Tanner made a public plea for her daughter's return. "Bianca, if you can hear me, I love you," said the distraught mother. "We all miss you and we want you to come home. You're not in any trouble. Find someone who can help you and go to someone and tell them you're lost."

Law enforcement authorities are still searching for Bianca Piper and consider her missing and endangered. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a gray Adidas sweatshirt and white sneakers. Bianca has scars on her arms, legs and abdomen, and has pierced ears. Her nickname is "B". She may be in dire need of medical attention. Anyone with information on her whereabouts, or with any contributing factors on this case, is urged to immediately contact the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office (636-528-8546, 636-528-6100) or the nearest FBI Office.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/missing_children/bianca_piper.html
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:35:05 PM »

Did Michael Devlin Join The Search For Bianca Piper?
Created: 1/17/2007 8:26:03 AM
Last updated: 1/29/2007 1:10:02 PM

By Randy Jackson

KSDK - Lincoln County investigators believe kidnapping suspect Michael J. Devlin used child abduction cases in their county as a manual for crime.

Detectives say there are startling similarities between the Hornbeck and Ownby abductions, and a 16-year-old case that's still unsolved.

Tuesday, Lincoln County Sheriff's Detectives poured over volumes of case files and evidence bags from two unsolved missing children's cases.

13-year-old Bianca Noel Piper disappeared in March of 2005 while walking on a rural Foley Road, and 11-year-old Arlin Henderson vanished in July of 1991 in rural Moscow Mills.

The recent rescues of 15 year-old Shawn Hornbeck after more than 4 years of captivity and 13-year-old Ben Ownby after more than four days, have given new hope to other families living in anguish.

"Hey, anything is possible, so we're hoping and praying because that was a miracle, not just for one but they found two," says Jim McWilliams, Arlin Henderson's uncle.

The arrest of kidnapping suspect 41-year old Michael J. Devlin is breathing new life into the Henderson and Piper cases.

"We're starting to recieve new tips that may be critical to either of our investigations," says Detective Chris Bartlett of the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department.

Detective Bartlet says they are probing two chilling leads.

Did Devlin participate in volunteer searches for Bianca Piper to learn investigative techniques he would use later to elude authorities?

"Whether he was a part of it, in it, or in the middle, or just watching from afar, he absolutely knew what was going on," says Detective Bartlet. "I certainly believe Michael Devlin was monitoring our search and the disappearance of Bianca Piper."

And he says, there is a startling physical similarity between Arlin Henderson and Ben Ownby

"If you put each of the missing photographs up, they're both almost scary to look at, each of them, and the comparison between the two," says the detective.

Detectives also say both Arlin Henderson and Shawn Hornbeck were on their bikes when they vanished.

Lincoln County investigators say if you have information that could help solve the Bianca Piper or Arlin Henderson case, you should call them right away.

No matter how small a tip, it could be the one they need.

The number is 636-528-8546.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=110991

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:21:01 AM »

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/69AAD38806C5DDBC862572700022CD5D?OpenDocument
This one talks about a piece of land owned by Devlin.
Is it close to where this girl went missing ?
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »

Devlin's profile doesnt fit that he liked little girls.  Perhaps I am wrong,  I hope I am wrong.  I do find it odd that he joined in the search for her.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

Age enhanced photo of Bianca  Piper

Piper family keeps memory and hope alive

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_070308_biancapiper.2ff8a34e.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:37:52 PM »

Family marks 2nd anniversary of missing teen

By Susan Weich
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
03/09/2007

FOLEY — Despite a recent flurry of new leads, the second anniversary of Bianca Piper's disappearance isn't any brighter for the girl's family and friends.

"It's getting harder to face — the fact that it's been so long," said her mother, Shannon Tanner. "I think I'm almost more depressed about it this year."

After Shawn Hornbeck and William "Ben" Ownby were discovered in the Kirkwood apartment of Michael J. Devlin on Jan. 12, Bianca's family had renewed hope that she would be found alive, too.

The national media highlighted Bianca's story. A task force investigating Devlin announced it was searching for connections between the kidnapping suspect and Bianca. Authorities got almost 20 new leads, including potential sightings of the now 15-year-old.

But as quickly as the leads came in, they stopped.

"Thus far there's nothing to suggest that Michael Devlin could be responsible for Bianca," said Lincoln County Sheriff's Detective Chris Bartlett, a member of the task force.

He said authorities are still looking to see whether there's a connection between Devlin and Arlin Henderson, who was 11 when he disappeared on July 25, 1991, while riding his bike in Moscow Mills, near his home.

But Bartlett said this week that police are "99.9 percent sure" that Devlin had nothing to do with Bianca's disappearance.

"You don't have the same similarities with Bianca — other than the fact that she lives in a rural area," he said. "I mean her age, her size, her gender, all of those are certainly indicative of a different offender."

Bianca disappeared on March 10, 2005, after Tanner drove her to a bridge on McIntosh Hill Road near Foley and let her out of the car. Tanner thought walking the mile back to their home on the gravel road would give Bianca a chance to calm down after a quarrel over chores.

The girl suffers from bipolar and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, and the walks were recommended by a mental health therapist, Tanner said.

Tanner is circulating a new age-progression photograph of Bianca, and she hopes people take a few minutes to study it. She said that while it may not be a perfect likeness of her daughter, it will give people some idea of what Bianca may look like today.

Tanner said Bianca had been on several types of medication before she disappeared, and if she is not taking her prescriptions, she may have lost a significant amount of weight. When she disappeared, the 5-foot-6-inch girl weighed 185 pounds.

Tanner worries that people will forget about her daughter and won't report any potential leads they have to authorities.

"I want people to remember that all the kids aren't home yet," Tanner said. "If people see a kid out there who might be a missing child, no matter what their second thoughts might be, please come forward. If they're wrong, so what? Nobody's been hurt."

Since Shawn and Ben were found, Tanner has looked at photographs of two girls who authorities thought could be Bianca. One of the pictures looked so much like her daughter, Tanner broke down crying.

The girl was the right age, weight and had bipolar disorder. She had Bianca's brown eyes and curly brown hair. She had been questioned by a St. Charles County sheriff's deputy after she was seen wandering around a parking lot, asking people for money.

Tanner was so convinced it was her daughter that detectives arranged for a meeting with the girl.

"I was scared, yet I was hopeful; I think every emotion popped up," Tanner said. "When I realized it wasn't her, I fell apart."

Promising leads also came from Belleville and O'Fallon, Ill., where four or five residents reported seeing someone who looked like Bianca. Police later found the person, who turned out to be a 22-year-old woman.

Police also have continued to check Internet sites for postings from Bianca. A Myspace Web page for Bianca Noel — Noel is Bianca's middle name — was not the girl, police said. Tanner said she may update Bianca's website, Help Find Bianca Piper, to allow a place for people to leave tips on the case.

Tanner said despite the setbacks, she still believes Bianca is alive.

Tanner is keeping Bianca's room as it was the day she left. Hilary Duff lights are still burning in the window. The trees around her home are still tied with ribbons in Bianca's favorite color, purple. Posters bearing Bianca's latest picture are there, too.

http://tinyurl.com/2pp6ag

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

Teen Still Missing Three Years After Disappearance

Mar 11, 2008
ST. LOUIS (AP) _ The Lincoln County Sheriff's department is still investigating the case of a missing teen, three years after her disappearance.

Bianca Piper of Foley was 13 years old when she disappeared March 10th, 2005 in rural Lincoln County, about 60 miles north of St. Louis.

Her mother says she dropped her off less than a mile from home and told her to walk the rest of the way to vent her frustrations.

Piper is bipolar and has ADHD.

Investigators are still looking into the case, but the official search for Piper has been called off.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/16536626.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »

New effort made to locate missing local girl ---VIDEO
April 28th, 2008
More than 3 years after the disappearance of a local girl, there is a new effort to generate leads.

http://www.kmov.com/video/topvideo-index.html?nvid=240087

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

03.10.2009 10:22 am

Case of missing teen Bianca Piper is cold but open 4 years later

Four years ago today, 13-year-old Bianca Piper disappeared after her mother drove her to a bridge on McIntosh Hill Road in Lincoln County and let her out of the car.

Her mother, Shannon Tanner, thought walking the mile back to their home on the gravel road would give Bianca a chance to calm down after a quarrel over chores.

The girl suffers from bipolar and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, and the walks were recommended by a mental health therapist, Tanner said.
After weeks of searching, police said they believed that Bianca was a victim of foul play. Since then the case has gone cold.
Lt. Andy Binder with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday that they still occasionally receive tips on the case. In addition, detectives review the case every quarter.

I covered this case when I was assigned to the police beat in the St. Charles bureau, and it really got to me. I drove up and down McIntosh Hill Road, and it is very remote. If you didn’t live in the area, you would have no idea the road was there.

It seems unlikely that a predator would have been driving there at the exact moment Bianca was dropped off. But what could have happened to her?
Police found no evidence of a struggle. She would be 17 years old now, and there have been no confirmed sightings.
Anyone with information should call the sheriff’s department at 636-528-89546. You can visit biancasbillboards.com for the latest on her case.
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/chas-beat/uncategorized/2009/03/case-of-missing-teen-bianca-piper-is-cold-but-open-4-years-later/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »

Bianca Piper's family wants private investigator to search for her
9:21 PM, Sep 5, 2011

::snipping2::
Lincoln County, MO. ( KSDK ) - - The family of Bianca Piper wants to hire a private investigator. Even though she's been missing for six years, they say they're unwilling to give up.

And so the family is planning a fundraiser in O'Fallon, Missouri. The hope is that if they raise enough money, they can hire an investigator to shed some new light on this cold case.

Piper's grandmother Carol Young says, "We think about what would Bianca be looking forward to? Would she be in college? What would she be doing?"

Bianca Piper was just 13-years old when she disappeared in 2005.

She was last seen walking on the road to her home in rural Foley.

Dropping her off, had been a therapist's suggestion to deal with anger management.

It was a decision her mother will always question.

She now believes Bianca was abudcted.

Shannon Tanner says, "I always just felt like it had to be somebody in the area. I can't imagine a stranger being on that road, taking a drive looking for someone because it goes nowhere." ::snipping2::

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/275273/0/Bianca-Pipers-family-wants-private-investigator-to-search-for-her

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »

Mother "Shannon Tanner" facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000407972182&sk=wall

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »

Did the dogs ever pick up a scent? I think the Mother is hinky. On casenet she has protection orders against her. And the story imo, is bogus. The mother no longer lives in Foley, MO. with boyfriend Jim Felt.

I also came across this article posted over at porchlight regarding the assault on her other daughter:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?s=8be20ad2d51d7aff4bc6331f83e540a1&showtopic=344&st=0

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...BE?OpenDocument

Law & Order: Mother of missing girl is charged with assault

06/28/2005

The mother of a missing Lincoln County girl has been charged with domestic assault after police say she hit another daughter in the head with a curling iron and threatened to tie her up and lock her in a bedroom.

Shannon M. Tanner, 38, of the 1000 block of McIntosh Hill Road in Foley, was released after posting $25,000 bond.

Her 14-year-old daughter, Bianca Piper, has been missing since March 10, after Tanner dropped the girl about a mile from their home with instructions to walk home. Tanner said she hoped the walk would give Bianca time to calm down from a family dispute over doing the dinner dishes. She has said counselors had advised her to do this to defuse problems.

Last month, authorities responded to a domestic dispute between Tanner and her live-in boyfriend, Jim Felt. Tanner had filed a complaint against Felt, but dropped it after the two reconciled.

Lt. Rick Harrell of the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department, said that police view both domestic incidents as separate disputes that are not related to Bianca's disappearance.

In the most recent incident, deputies with the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department were called to the home about 10:15 p.m. Saturday and heard shouting coming from inside the residence. When officers got inside, they say Tanner was on top of her 17-year-old daughter, holding her face to the ground.

Police saw a large bump on the girl's forehead, and say she told them her mother had yanked a curling iron from her hands, struck her with it and repeatedly punched her in the head.

The girl told police that Tanner then threatened to get a rope and "tie her up and lock her in the back bedroom," but Felt told her not to do that. When the girl tried to dial 911, Tanner ripped the phone from the wall, police say.

Deputies arrested Tanner and while they were escorting her outside, police say she told them that her daughter had thrown a glass dish at her. At one point, Tanner shoved a deputy and reached for some of the broken glass on the ground, police said. Another deputy used a Taser to subdue Tanner, and she complied with authorities afterward.

The Division of Family Services was contacted about the incident, police say, but the status of the girl and her 15-year-old sister is unknown. Tanner could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/bianca-noel-piper/view
BIANCA NOEL PIPER

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »

That mom needs to be questioned.  Something smells fishy.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.