April 25, 2024, 04:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #649 6/30 - 7/3/2007am  (Read 135887 times)
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2007, 12:13:18 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
Good nite Monkeys. I am still fighting the wars over at Tripadvisor on the Aruba board!

I'll have to go take a look  Laughing

Can you post a link?I don't know where it's at. Very Happy

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »

PearlinUSA on BFN re Kalpoe v Dr. Phil

"There is a very intense rumor - leaning toward being fact - that it is ATA of Aruba who is financing - backing the brothers in this case. ATA is Aruba Tourism Authority."

Arrow  FWIW - Pearl has been around forever and i have never seen her post a rumor. Interesting, IMO.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2007, 12:24:27 AM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
Good nite Monkeys. I am still fighting the wars over at Tripadvisor on the Aruba board!

I'll have to go take a look  Laughing

Can you post a link?I don't know where it's at. Very Happy

Here you go:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147247-i144-Aruba.html

Bath time, brb
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
This from over there also

Glenda and side kick Angel of Bon Dia Today have set out to produce their fist documentary covering the disappearance of Natalee Holloway as seen thru the sun glasses of Aruba. Word has it that the two reporters have contacted Michael Moore for advice.

Glenda and her side kick have traveled to Holland and plan to travel to Mountain Brook, Alabama as soon as all interviews are completed in Europe.

AHATA plans to spend 35% of the National Defense and Drug Deterrent Money budgeted for 2008 on the Documtary headed by the dynamic duo.

Michael Moore is planning to release this film as his own at the International Film Festival of 2008.

What is it called, SICKO II, The Wrath of Joran?

I do not think that Genda should be stepping foot in MB, Alabama any time soon. Alabama State Police really do not tolerate much BS.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2007, 12:29:31 AM »

Red, tell Glenda/Julia/Bondia/Fluffa to bring it on...I'm sure there are any number of people in AL who would love to "show her around..."

Bring Natalee home...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2007, 12:30:23 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Red, tell Glenda/Julia/Bondia/Fluffa to bring it on...I'm sure there are any number of people in AL who would love to "show her around..."

maybe someone would show her what shoving really means??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2007, 12:30:45 AM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

"There is a very intense rumor - leaning toward being fact - that it is ATA of Aruba who is financing - backing the brothers in this case. ATA is Aruba Tourism Authority."

Arrow  FWIW - Pearl has been around forever and i have never seen her post a rumor. Interesting, IMO.

igs, personally I wouldn't doubt it...that is just so par for the course with ATA and their one f'd up island, if'en ya ask me  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Bring Natalee home...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"

how is your dad?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2007, 12:57:25 AM »

Klaas, I screwed up the image code in the Lounge forum.  can you edit?

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2007, 01:16:43 AM »

I came across this in reading "High Society," a new book by Joseph A. Califano, Jr. (2007, Public Affairs). On pages 48-49:

"The permissiveness of parents who want their kids to be popular can lead to tragic consequences. Take Natalie (sic) Holloway, who disappeared after a night of drinking and drugging on a high school trip to Aruba; Steve Saucedo. a University of California (Berkeley) junior who died of alcohol poisoning after vying to win a spring break drinking contest; and Margaret Susan Piton, who choked to death when she passed out in foam at a spring break party."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2007, 01:16:47 AM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
Klaas, I screwed up the image code in the Lounge forum.  can you edit?

Sure, I'll fix
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2007, 01:18:30 AM »

Thx

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2007, 01:48:15 AM »

Klaas~
If you don't think my post belongs here, go ahead and delete it or move it where it might need to be if you want to. Thank-you!  Smile

Roos~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2007, 01:54:39 AM »

Quote from: "Rooscrew"
Klaas~
If you don't think my post belongs here, go ahead and delete it or move it where it might need to be if you want to. Thank-you!  Smile

Roos~

I'll move it to the Monkey Lounge, although it's not that big a deal to me but just in case it bothers others  Wink
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2007, 03:06:05 AM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
I came across this in reading "High Society," a new book by Joseph A. Califano, Jr. (2007, Public Affairs). On pages 48-49:

"The permissiveness of parents who want their kids to be popular can lead to tragic consequences. Take Natalie (sic) Holloway, who disappeared after a night of drinking and drugging on a high school trip to Aruba; Steve Saucedo. a University of California (Berkeley) junior who died of alcohol poisoning after vying to win a spring break drinking contest; and Margaret Susan Piton, who choked to death when she passed out in foam at a spring break party."

How can he write this as fact, when the only people who say she was drinking and drugging are the ones responsible for her disappearance and the cover up?  How disgusting.  You would think out of respect for a dead teen and her family,  he would at least make sure his facts are straight.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2007, 03:35:11 AM »

I offer it only as a current reference that is out there. He cites some newspaper reports as his source. This quote occurs in a longer discussion about the way our culture romanticizes the use of drugs and alcohol, to the point of encouraging spring breaks devoted to bingeing. It's dangerous, he's saying.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2007, 03:43:42 AM »

Maybe that would explain the 800 million ....799 million for the ATA and 1 million for the Kalpoes

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2007, 08:14:35 AM »

Thanks igsigs  Cool

And I agree -- I've not seen Pearl start or spread rumours, either.

But that statement above (and I believe it is true) is not a big surprise or shock.

And ATA probably has assistance of the same sleazy California 'media relations' firm that was behind the strategy of the misinformation campaign

And I'm sure they are also behind the latest on the skank writing a book (based upon her public speaking adventures -- she NEEDS all the help she can find -- articulate she is NOT Wink ).

Do they still hang people for treason? Hope so

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

A bit OT -- but I saw this in my morning paper (online) and thought a few may be interested....

http://www.miamiherald.com/569/story/156989.html

INTELLIGENCE FILES
Psst, the secret's out!
S. Florida was hub for CIA in '60s, '70s
Long-hidden documents reveal that Miami was a favorite stomping ground of the Central Intelligence Agency.
BY CAROL ROSENBERG
crosenberg@MiamiHerald.com

MIAMI HERALD ILLUSTRATION
Two sets of previously classified CIA documents, including what the CIA calls its "Family Jewels," have been released under the Freedom of Information Act for public viewing.

CIA's "Family Jewels" released online
CIA papers on Cold War internal politics

Excerpt from the CIA's "Family Jewels"

In the summer of 1971, CIA agents saw Miami Beach as a sultry U.S. stand-in for Saigon, South Vietnam. So they secretly set up an antenna on a hotel rooftop -- and field-tested then state-of-the-art eavesdropping equipment.

It was just blocks away from the Fontainebleau Hotel, where, in late 1960, a CIA operative met two mobsters to discuss killing Fidel Castro, by poisoning his food.

When the CIA opened some long-classified files last week detailing dubious 1960s and 1970s agency activities, it cast a spotlight on a murky world of domestic wiretapping, foreign assassination schemes and Mafia alliances.

But it also showed just how many of the skeletons in the spy agency's closet were buried in and around Miami.

Home to Cuban operatives of the blundered Watergate break-in and a former CIA lock picker's final resting place, retiree- and exile-rich Florida served as a CIA stomping ground -- despite rules that largely ban the foreign intelligence agency from functioning on U.S. soil.

''I'm sure there were some people that knew about [the CIA activities]. But most of the people who were active at that time are all dead,'' said Seymour Gelber, octogenarian and former mayor of Miami Beach.

Then, Gelber served as the Miami-Dade County prosecutor's security liaison to the 1968 and 1972 conventions of the Republican and Democratic parties, and Miami, he said, was ''kind of a cauldron'' with ``all the spies meeting to try to control the dissenters.''

TOP SECRET FILES

The release of declassified CIA documents last week emerged from an era of internal reckoning at the fabled spy agency after former CIA agents were found among the spooks who broke into Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate Hotel in Washington in June 1972.

A year later, CIA Director James Schlesinger sent out an agency-wide memo asking employees to report what they knew about the Watergate affair and former agents and others implicated in it. And he asked them for accounts of ``any other illegal activity in which they believe the Agency was involved in any way.''

Now called ''The Family Jewels,'' some 700 pages that emerged from that process were amassed at headquarters and stamped TOP SECRET or CONFIDENTIAL or SENSITIVE.

Yes, in capital letters.

Even with their release Tuesday, a significant chunk was still hidden. Whole pages and paragraphs were censored.

An example: On May 7, 1973, an agency employee wrote a memo whose subject line was ``Potentially Embarrassing Activities Conducted by Division D.''

When it was released Tuesday, Item 3 was censored. Entirely.

But Item 4 describes CIA technicians in the summer of 1971, during the Vietnam War, setting up an antenna on a hotel roof near the Miami Beach Convention Center to simulate spying on a ``Soviet agent in South Vietnam.''

Why? They were field-testing a new kind of monitoring device -- and muggy South Florida simulated soggy Saigon.

The pages do not name the hotel. Nor do they identify a curious desk clerk to whom the CIA agents lied when they responded affirmatively to the clerk's question asking if they were scouting security locations for the upcoming 1972 Republican and Democratic conventions to nominate their presidential candidates.

''The Secret Service had already been checking for possible sniper sites,'' said one report.

But disclosure of the intelligence could be embarrassing, the agents reported, because it might be misconstrued as related to the coming Democratic National Convention, when in fact the ``location in Miami Beach, Florida, was selected for the tests because of similarity to the actual target site and environment in Saigon.''

Miami was tropical, virtually the last stop on the edge of Latin America. In the 1960s, it had 300 to 400 agents, making it the world's largest CIA station after the headquarters in Langley, Va.

And it was awash in former operatives -- notably Cubans who had been trained and supported for the Bay of Pigs and other ill-fated covert missions.

CUBAN AGENTS

''They were certainly comfortable working in Miami,'' said John Prados of the private National Security Archive at George Washington University, which has been trying for 15 years to pry open the secrets.

``All of the Miami Cubans were their friends -- even the ones who weren't working for the agency anymore. Probably half of them had friends who had worked for the agency before.''

A few examples:

• E. Howard Hunt, the retired CIA spy master turned White House security consultant, recruited the Watergate burglars from former Cuban operatives, many from Miami.

He would later settle here, after serving 33 months in prison for conspiracy.

• Months before the Watergate break-in, according to the documents, Hunt turned to the CIA's ''External Employment Assistance Branch'' in search of a lock picker. The documents name a then recently retired 20-year CIA technician, Thomas Amato.

The Miami Herald tried to determine whether Hunt offered Amato the mission. But Hunt died in January of pneumonia -- after years of writing spy thrillers, off Biscayne Boulevard.

Also dead is the fellow named in the documents. Amato had retired to Satellite Beach, Fla., and had a heart attack in 1978.

• In 1973, the U.S. Agency for International Development, or AID, teamed up with the CIA to train foreign police forces about bomb-making. The course was conducted in Washington, D.C., and Dade County, as it was then called.

James Angleton, the legendary CIA chief of counterintelligence, wrote that, in cooperation with the Dade County Bomb Squad, ''trainees'' got hands-on experience in ``handling, preparing and applying the various explosive charges, incendiary agents, terrorist devices and sabotage techniques.''

• The documents also detail long-ago-revealed, 1960s-era consultations between the CIA and the Mafia on whether and how to assassinate Castro.

CASTRO PLOT

One such brainstorming session took place at the famed Fontainebleau Hotel on Collins Avenue, where Chicago mob leader Momo Salvatore Giancana suggested having a Cuban with U.S. sympathies slip six lethal pills into Castro's food.

That account came as no surprise last week to Fontainebleau marketing director Paul Pebley, who said mob ties and CIA intrigue are part of the lively history of a hotel that was also frequented by Frank Sinatra and his ''Rat Pack'' and served as the setting for more than a few Hollywood films.

''By its sheer size and history,'' said Pebley, ``this property has drawn a host of celebrities -- and all kinds of colorful characters.''

• In May 1973, the head of CIA logistics, John F. Blake, included a South Florida real estate transaction in a list of ``Sensitive Activities.''

``This office is aware, although it had no cognizance nor responsibility, that an apartment was rented in Miami Beach, Florida, during the period of the Democratic National Convention, 10-14 July 1972, and the Republican National Convention, 21-24 August 1972.''

The CIA's Latin American division was aware, Blake wrote, as was the Secret Service. Its precise purpose beyond ''a meeting place'' was censored. No location was provided.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2007, 09:58:48 AM »

I will be glad to give Glenda a nice tour.  The person who talked about drugs and alcohol is not completely wrong.It is a problem and many parents do enable their children.IMHO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.