April 25, 2024, 10:09:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #649 6/30 - 7/3/2007am  (Read 135902 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #740 on: July 02, 2007, 09:44:31 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Beverly Sills died today.  Anyone remember her?

I do, a magnificent coloratura voice and spirit for the Metropolitan Opera. A great loss of an important icon.

Did she sing the National Anthem at the Yankee Games?

http://www.beverlysillsonline.com/gallery/performance-gallery.htm

was she missing?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: July 02, 2007, 09:45:21 PM »

GEL
I hope you saw my post. I found the class standing on Scrux under a student quote by FEB. Here it is. I can't do a tiny url so if you need it you will have to ask Klaas or San.

Frances Ellen Byrd:  Well, I first met Natalee in eighth grade when we had a welcoming party for her.  She moved here from Mississippi.  And, ever since then, I have just been closest friends with her, as well as a few other of all of our good friends.  Everybody in the school loves Natalee.  Nobody can say anything bad about her.  She is a straight-A student, 25 in a class out of 300 students in a very—school where we studied very hard.  She is very—has very many honors.  She is in dance team, Bible study.   Basically, she is a very responsible, well-loved child to everyone here.

Just a swinging with the tribe
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: July 02, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

Quote from: "truthseeker2"
http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/generalinfo.asp?listing=1022707&LTID=1

Princeton Review on St Leo's

Honestly the tie that binds here is 'no body, no crime' as Paulus said. Perhaps the greatest lesson he's taught his son? what a legacy

Athletics at St. Leo play under NCAA Divsion II guidelines.  I doubt any one receives a full ride for soccer or tennis there.  Interesting that their mascot is the Lions.

it's DII? I agree except tennis is a bigger sport in FL but I may go look them up at the NCAA

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: July 02, 2007, 09:46:47 PM »

Hello Monkeys.

I see we have been comparing Natalee's credentials with that of the Big Loser.
Natalee has plenty of results and community works to her credit and all the big lug can muster is raping, pimping, drinking, drugging,lying, stealing, bashing and generally being a blot on society.

What is the Chuckus Rattus doing out of his sewer again?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: July 02, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »

http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/generalinfo.asp?listing=1022707&LTID=1

Honestly the tie that binds here is 'no body, no crime' as Paulus said. Perhaps the greatest lesson he's taught his son? what a legacy

Athletics at St. Leo play under NCAA Divsion II guidelines.  I doubt any one receives a full ride for soccer or tennis there.  Interesting that their mascot is the Lions.

Div II can receive partially tuition. In the form of grants and stuff like that, but it's not a full ride situation truthseeker2. And certainly not for a loser tennis player. Tennis is not high on the list of Div II Schools.

If he was going there, they were paying for it or someone else was.

+++

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Does Aruba give the SAT?

Hearsay, but Joran was apparently into some type of trouble all the time.  The only catch was that every time he was called to the office Anita got word of it and would beat him to the head master's office.

Looks like they do at the private schools:

http://www.arubaihe.com/SAT%20Test.htm

they are also likely required to take the ACT as well, if his scores are so wonderful one would think Meds would have personal copy of those?

Anyone here know anything of the Birmingham School of Law? I am unfamiliar with it, not being from AL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_School_of_Law

The Birmingham School of Law is a law school in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. The law school offers night classes with a faculty of judges and practicing attorneys. Graduates receive the Juris Doctor degree.

It was founded in 1915 by Judge Hugh A. Locke, who was a prominent attorney, Judge of the Chancery Court, and President of the Birmingham Bar Association. Classes were initially held at Birmingham-Southern College, where Judge Locke was a Trustee for 55 years.

Graduates are eligible to take the Alabama State Bar Examination pursuant to the authority granted by the Alabama Legislature and the Alabama Supreme Court. The school is not seeking accredidation by the American Bar Association. Graduates of this school may be required to first become licensed in Alabama before becoming eligible to sit for the bar exam in other states.

Sounds like a fine institution  --- right up there with Devry. I suppose you have the choice of 3 curriculum's -- Law, Brain Surgery, or refrigerator repair. Rolling Eyes

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"

I do, a magnificent coloratura voice and spirit for the Metropolitan Opera. A great loss of an important icon.

http://www.beverlysillsonline.com/gallery/performance-gallery.htm

was she missing?

What does that mean?  Are we now prohibited to talk about celebrity icons when they pass away?  She was 78, beat cancer several years ago and then it came back with a vengeance.  She lost the battle today.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #747 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hello Monkeys.

I see we have been comparing Natalee's credentials with that of the Big Loser.

Tib-
This is like the 12 th time and it still has sunk in for some.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:52 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
GEL
I hope you saw my post. I found the class standing on Scrux under a student quote by FEB. Here it is. I can't do a tiny url so if you need it you will have to ask Klaas or San.

Frances Ellen Byrd:  Well, I first met Natalee in eighth grade when we had a welcoming party for her.  She moved here from Mississippi.  And, ever since then, I have just been closest friends with her, as well as a few other of all of our good friends.  Everybody in the school loves Natalee.  Nobody can say anything bad about her.  She is a straight-A student, 25 in a class out of 300 students in a very—school where we studied very hard.  She is very—has very many honors.  She is in dance team, Bible study.   Basically, she is a very responsible, well-loved child to everyone here.

SAM - thanks!  We found some other references as well but not this one.  I think Gel left but I'll make sure she sees it.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #749 on: July 02, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

Ok, no response.  But anyways,  Marlee is coming to Columbus and we are meeting up for the "Red, White and Boom"  4th of July celebration.  Biggest fireworks display in the Midwest!  

First time to meet a Monkey.  I'm excited!  

Ok, well by now.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: July 02, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating Laughing
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »

I remember Beveley Sills. A lady.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Ok, no response.  But anyways,  Marlee is coming to Columbus and we are meeting up for the "Red, White and Boom"  4th of July celebration.  Biggest fireworks display in the Midwest!  

Ok, well by now.

Sorry Dihannah - I was busy playing in photoshop!  I was wondering who it was you were meeting up with!  Cool that you and Marlee are getting together!  You guys will have a blast!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

You know I don't know but being from NYC I would not be surprised if she did BB. She truly was a real new yorker and a bit of an ambassador for the Met for many years even when she still performed.

Hi Dihannah !

I am embarrased to say
I think that is what I remember most of what I am sure was an illustrious
career.  Crying or Very sad

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"

Div II can receive partially tuition. In the form of grants and stuff like that, but it's not a full ride situation truthseeker2. And certainly not for a loser tennis player. Tennis is not high on the list of Div II Schools.

If he was going there, they were paying for it or someone else was.

I am very familiar with all divisions of the NCAA and the only full athletic schollys are for football and basketball.  Those are the money sports.  Yes, he may have applied for a few of the small individual schollys, but I would be his applications were exaggerated.  But, an athletic scholly...I doubt he got much money there.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #755 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:36 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"

Ok, well by now.

Sorry Dihannah - I was busy playing in photoshop!  I was wondering who it was you were meeting up with!  Cool that you and Marlee are getting together!  You guys will have a blast!

Thanks Klaas.  We are excited.  Very Happy  I have photoshop and just got the "dummies" book for it.  No to figure out how to use it!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #756 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »

To even imply that Joran is some kind of scholar is utterly ridiculous.

Shows you what some will believe and others will spread.

Madness.

+++

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: July 02, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »

Birmingham School of Law is a pretty good school.Only one subject.Yes,I like Ms Sills,great voice,she will be missed.  Chuck,ARE YOUR HANDS CLEAN.You should know what I said.  Sun Freak,I am glad about the pups.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: July 02, 2007, 09:54:46 PM »

Take it easy, Easy....I remember Ms. Sills, well.  

There is a big difference between full scholarships to large schools and scholarships to smaller schools...St. Leo's is a smaller, private school....probably looking for soccer talent for their team.  My son played baseball against their team a few years back....son's school was up here....traveled there for the competition.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: July 02, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »

No that was Robert Merrill.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.