April 23, 2024, 03:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #649 6/30 - 7/3/2007am  (Read 135816 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: July 02, 2007, 10:23:30 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "klaasend"
This hand granade in Paradera is getting Aruban's really worked up.  21 comments so far:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/1185/8/#jc_allComments

if only Rosetta Stone made papimento software I'd have invested in it and shared it  Laughing

I searched at Amazon and was gonna buy a book so I could translate some of those headlines. Unfortunately, the only book I could find when I looked was Jossy's, and it's out of print and the cheapest copy was $70. Shocked  I meant well, though.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

This hand granade in Paradera is getting Aruban's really worked up.  21 comments so far:

hard to believe one lil ole hand grenade got up everyone in an up roar.

Knivings, shootings, chollers, bribery, corruption, suicides with the left hand in the pocket, drug busts, headless people, ... etc. etc. and now they're all hoppin'? what gives? LOL

I would think they would be happy!!!! it's just a new occurrence for them. Very Happy

it's not really that bad... it happens everywhere... one grenade and everyone wants to call in the FBI. Why? it's just one grenade.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

if only Rosetta Stone made papimento software I'd have invested in it and shared it  Laughing

I searched at Amazon and was gonna buy a book so I could translate some of those headlines. Unfortunately, the only book I could find when I looked was Jossy's, and it's out of print and the cheapest copy was $70. Shocked  I meant well, though.  Laughing

But then you would have been posting things like "In answer to your question of how I am today, I have to tell you that I am well"   Shocked  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »

The SOJ at Georgetown have a book on it.it is less than 78.00.Pap is an Indo European language,and has books out.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "BTgirl"

But then you would have been posting things like "In answer to your question of how I am today, I have to tell you that I am well"   Shocked  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

In answer to your question of what time I am going to bed, I have to tell you that it is now.

Night monkeys.

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Ok, no response.  But anyways,  Marlee is coming to Columbus and we are meeting up for the "Red, White and Boom"  4th of July celebration.  Biggest fireworks display in the Midwest!  

First time to meet a Monkey.  I'm excited!  

Ok, well by now.

Sorry Dihannah - I was busy playing in photoshop!  I was wondering who it was you were meeting up with!  Cool that you and Marlee are getting together!  You guys will have a blast!

Thanks Klaas.  We are excited.  Very Happy  I have photoshop and just got the "dummies" book for it.  No to figure out how to use it!

Yippie   Dihannah &  Marlee  on the Monkey Meet UP
Just be cautious  with any PIC's you decided to post.. here ... or any where for that matter   JMO.. of course
And NO   loud shouting at the fireworks ... Only soft ooooh's & aaaahs for you Wink

We will be careful..  Not much yelling for ME!  I can still barely talk from surgery!

OF,  I recieved an email from a friend with the title of "Old Farts" and thought of you!  I am sure you would get a kick out of it!  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: July 02, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »

Quote from: "truthseeker2"

<<SNIP>>
And just think...if ALE had done the right thing in the very beginning this would have been over for them by now.  The outcome for Natalee would not have been any better I don't think, but tourism would have rebounded by now if they had just done their jobs and investigated the original suspects from the start.

Truthseker
I posted a couple links Sunday or maybe Saturday that had some stuff on tourism  and concerns expressed by the P.M.  and I think these were made even before j2k were detained.
Why the BIG concern and in the Media at that time ?  
It's kinda like the {P.M. knew that CHIT was about to hit the FAN  and the reasons behind the Chit hitting the fan. but Torurism was still #1
JMO of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

Admission Requirements for St Leo's

Admissions Criteria
To be considered for full-time undergraduate study, the Office of Admission recommends, at a minimum, college preparatory academic units that include four years of English, three years of mathematics*, three years of history and social sciences, and two years each of natural science, foreign language, and electives.

*We strongly recommend that students complete Algebra I and II and Geometry. In addition to the science requirements listed above, we recommend that students choosing to major in science complete a course in biology and chemistry.

First-time college students must have at least a 2.3 GPA in college preparatory academic units upon application to Saint Leo University. An applicant must have a minimum SAT score of 900 or ACT score of 19. If either of these criteria is not met, we may still consider admission to the university, and you may be asked to schedule an interview with an admissions counselor.

Learning Enhancement for Academic Progress (LEAP) Program
Students not meeting admission requirements may apply to our Learning Enhancement for Academic Progress (LEAP) Program, designed to assist first-time freshmen who do not meet the regular admission requirements but exhibit potential for academic success. We admit a limited number of students into this structured program each year. In addition to the regular Saint Leo application materials, students need to submit a personal statement explaining why they want to participate in LEAP and why they will be successful at Saint Leo based on past academic performance. Contact the Office of Admission for more information about LEAP.

So is this the type school they send kids to that can't get into a big University?  Just wondering.   Rolling Eyes
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: July 02, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »

I learned a little pap. here way back.
Sunchi mi sanka.....kiss my ass
That is all I need to know.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: July 02, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

Tib  Laughing  Laughing you are too funny as usual

Well now that I've proven in writing the differences between academic requirements at St Leo as opposed to UA to the extreme I'll depart, my work is done  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #810 on: July 02, 2007, 10:32:03 PM »

look at this one...!!

BUCHIWAN  said: _
     nooooooooooooooo, boso ta papia koi kens,Minister di justicia kiermen tur criminalidad a caba!! NO TIN CRIMINALIDAD MAS

This one is want the Minister of Justice involved. LOL... that's funny. Like Rudy is gonna do anything!!!

'NO MORE TO CRIMINALS'!!!! NOW THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!![/b]

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:07 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"

That would look good in your siggy line  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #812 on: July 02, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »

I can't see any rhyme or reason to Pap (although I'd really like to--I'm intrigued by lesser-known languages and think it's important to keep them going).

Can someone please explain to me what exactly a "choller" is? I know it has something to do with those crack house shacks. Where does the word come from and what's the definition? Just curious...
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »

We will be careful..  Not much yelling for ME!  I can still barely talk from surgery!

OF,  I recieved an email from a friend with the title of "Old Farts" and thought of you!  I am sure you would get a kick out of it!  Laughing

Diahannh1
Stop by one of those Office Supply type places and pick up  some markers & medium size Flip chart.  these are Not for conversations between you & Marlee   BUT any one else you MAY want to talk to in a LOUD voice...    Laughing

JMO of course
 & I think you may have my e-mail addy... ???

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Elaine"

That would look good in your siggy line  Wink
I agree Smile
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »

Quote from: "truthseeker2"

<<SNIP>>
And just think...if ALE had done the right thing in the very beginning this would have been over for them by now.  The outcome for Natalee would not have been any better I don't think, but tourism would have rebounded by now if they had just done their jobs and investigated the original suspects from the start.

Truthseker
I posted a couple links Sunday or maybe Saturday that had some stuff on tourism  and concerns expressed by the P.M.  and I think these were made even before j2k were detained.
Why the BIG concern and in the Media at that time ?  
It's kinda like the {P.M. knew that CHIT was about to hit the FAN  and the reasons behind the Chit hitting the fan. but Torurism was still #1
JMO of course

Yes, I saw those.  Beth was making some noise because she knew the arrests of the security guards was bogus.  I guess ALE and Janessen thought those arrests would please Beth and the rest of the U.S.  Wrong!  Aruba's tourism was in trouble from the very first lie that was told.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »

Pap is a Indo-European language that combines several languages into a new one.Only way to explain.Look at the Lords Prayer in pap and English,Dutch,and you will see the commen roots.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #817 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »

Diahannh1
Stop by one of those Office Supply type places and pick up  some markers & medium size Flip chart.  these are Not for conversations between you & Marlee   BUT any one else you MAY want to talk to in a LOUD voice...    Laughing

JMO of course
 & I think you may have my e-mail addy... ???

I might just do that!

I DO!  I was thinkin' I didn't..... I'm sending it to you!  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: July 02, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »

That's right truthseeker. And no matter how they try to sugar coat it, Aruba will always be...that place that Natalee Holloway disappeared.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: July 02, 2007, 10:42:28 PM »

Quote from: "BlueKYGirl"
I can't see any rhyme or reason to Pap (although I'd really like to--I'm intrigued by lesser-known languages and think it's important to keep them going).

Can someone please explain to me what exactly a "choller" is? I know it has something to do with those crack house shacks. Where does the word come from and what's the definition? Just curious...

Roughly it just means "drug addict".

(if you google "choller" -- 5 out of the first 10 references point to Aruba)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.