March 29, 2024, 04:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Flight is Crazy  (Read 2158 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: June 30, 2007, 05:01:23 AM »

I have been looking into flying to Chicago to view a performance, in October, while Mrs. Owl is off to India.  It is about a 37 minute flight.  The lowest cost I can come up with is $ 537.  It just seems way out of line since we are also requesting a flight to Orlando next winter and the stop over is in Chicago.  Our cost for that flight is just about $ 200.

Why does this not seem to make sense to me?

help!!!

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »

It has to do with the distance... something about it's more expensive to fuel a plane for a short distance...soI have been told....

maybe a monkey with more insight will tell us....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:54:39 PM »

All I would be doing is taking the same darn flight at the same darn time.  I just would not be transferring planes.  Maybe I should just find a discounted flight that changes in Chicago and not make the connection.  I suppose if I don't check a bag and don't show up for the boarding of the other flight homeland security will be out to track me down.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:06:21 AM »

GO  Laughing

Some of the pricing depends upon if your departing airport is a hub or an out of the way place which can get tricky, since I live in a pretty cosmo area but because it's not a major hub, I am penalized for flights being more expensive departing here and returning here.

The airlines also now remind me of the cell phone providers, any good excuse to tack on a charge and they will find it  Laughing

I had a text message last week from a colleague who had been sitting on the runway in NJ for 3 hours, with all the delays recently in air travel, I have to wonder at what point corporations will begin to slap back at the airlines. Time is money for business travelers......

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:30 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
GO  Laughing

Some of the pricing depends upon if your departing airport is a hub or an out of the way place which can get tricky, since I live in a pretty cosmo area but because it's not a major hub, I am penalized for flights being more expensive departing here and returning here.

The airlines also now remind me of the cell phone providers, any good excuse to tack on a charge and they will find it  Laughing

I had a text message last week from a colleague who had been sitting on the runway in NJ for 3 hours, with all the delays recently in air travel, I have to wonder at what point corporations will begin to slap back at the airlines. Time is money for business travelers......

I do know what you mean.  We have to fly out of here to various hubs for connections.   It takes a great deal of creativity every thing we want to fly.  The worst connection we always have to try to avoid is using Atlanta to go west.  It just doesn't make sense to me to fly out of northern Wisconsin to Atlanta and then to Hawaii.    As it is, when we go to Orlando this winter we may again have to fly in a very small plane from here to the Atlanta hub and then they will put us on a jumbo jet to fly to Orlando.  

Air travel is extremely uncomfortable with me since I have severe arthritis in both knees.  The cramped seating is very difficult especially if I can not get an aisle seat.  Those seating distance were certainly not made for anyone over 6 ft. tall.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.