April 20, 2024, 03:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Perdomo, 31, firefighter, msg Bangor, ME (body found)  (Read 18588 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »

Agree TBM

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

I just edited the first post to reflect Maine ME  not MA Mass....no biggy Kitty/easy mistake

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/14/news/bangor/bangor-woman-who-reported-florida-firefighter-missing-no-longer-wanted-police-say/\\
Bangor woman who reported Florida firefighter missing no longer wanted, police say
By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
March 14, 2012

BANGOR, Maine — The friend of a Florida firefighter killed last month in a drug-related homicide is no longer wanted for not showing up in court on an unrelated theft charge, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Wednesday.

Superior Court Justice John Nivison issued an arrest warrant for Bangor resident Lisa Gould on Tuesday morning after she didn’t appear in court to answer a charge of misdemeanor theft by unauthorized taking or transfer from last fall. He was told that she also had failed to show up for her arraignment in September.

“The DA’s office told me that Lisa Gould called the court yesterday stating she forgot she had to show up,”
Edwards said, referring to the Penobscot County District Attorney’s Office. “The warrant, in turn, will likely be rescinded or removed until further arrangements have been made. The long and short is, Lisa Gould does not have a warrant out for her arrest at this time.”
 ::snipping2::

I would never believe her - this is, from my understanding, the second time she has failed to appear - I would have made her appear that afternoon to have the warrant released.

Don't worry...they are just probably saying that to coax her in to the LE offices to interview her more about the killing cause I still believe she's more involved than was stated.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/14/news/bangor/bangor-woman-who-reported-florida-firefighter-missing-no-longer-wanted-police-say/\\
Bangor woman who reported Florida firefighter missing no longer wanted, police say
By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
March 14, 2012

BANGOR, Maine — The friend of a Florida firefighter killed last month in a drug-related homicide is no longer wanted for not showing up in court on an unrelated theft charge, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Wednesday.

Superior Court Justice John Nivison issued an arrest warrant for Bangor resident Lisa Gould on Tuesday morning after she didn’t appear in court to answer a charge of misdemeanor theft by unauthorized taking or transfer from last fall. He was told that she also had failed to show up for her arraignment in September.

“The DA’s office told me that Lisa Gould called the court yesterday stating she forgot she had to show up,”
Edwards said, referring to the Penobscot County District Attorney’s Office. “The warrant, in turn, will likely be rescinded or removed until further arrangements have been made. The long and short is, Lisa Gould does not have a warrant out for her arrest at this time.”

I would never believe her - this is, from my understanding, the second time she has failed to appear - I would have made her appear that afternoon to have the warrant released.

Don't worry...they are just probably saying that to coax her in to the LE offices to interview her more about the killing cause I still believe she's more involved than was stated.

I agree with you melisb.  I think she is a lot more involved.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »

I think girlfriend knows more than she is saying too..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »

and I still believe his wife knows all about it, but she seems to be keeping quiet.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

and I still believe his wife knows all about it, but she seems to be keeping quiet.
yeppers

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »

Jackson man pleads not guilty in murder of Florida firefighter

Last modified June 06, 2012, at 3:57 p.m.
BELFAST, Maine — A man accused of killing a Florida firefighter in February in a drug-related shooting pleaded not guilty to murder Wednesday afternoon in Waldo County Superior Court.

Daniel Porter, 24, was indicted last month by a Waldo County grand jury and charged with one count of intentional or knowing murder in the slaying of Jerry Perdomo.

much more

Police had arrested Porter and charged him with homicide the day before finding Perdomo’s body after discovering skull fragments and blood drops in the rented Jackson home.

Porter was denied bail during a March hearing at Waldo County Superior Court.

At that hearing, the courthouse was crowded with 75 or so of Porter’s family members and friends who donned yellow T-shirts after the hearing was over that read, “We Support The Right To Protect Our Families.”

After Porter was charged, his defense attorney Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor said that the shooting was not an unprovoked incident.

“I think more facts will come out,” he said in March.

Some of Perdomo’s family members came to Maine to search for the missing firefighter and his widow, Tonya Perdomo of Orange City, Fla., attended Porter’s March bail hearing.

Family members shared a statement Wednesday morning before the arraignment.

“We as a family are still heartbroken and mourning the loss of Jerry,” the statement emailed from his brother-in-law Chris Lerch of Florida read. “Words truly can’t explain the feeling of shock and disbelief that still sets in when we think about Jerry being gone. We are very proud of the man he was. He served his country, his community and dearly loved his children. He is desperately missed by all, but especially by his mother. Even though we aren’t able to be there for the arraignment, we love him, and will continue to support him in spirit. We have complete faith in our Heavenly Father and in the State Attorney that the whole truth will be revealed, and justice will be served for Jerry.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/06/news/midcoast/man-accused-of-murdering-fla-firefighter-to-be-arraigned-wednesday/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/08/news/midcoast/tanya-perdomo-visits-maine-to-attend-court-hearing-of-man-accused-of-murdering-her-husband/?ref=search
Man accused of murdering Fla. firefighter won’t get bail; widow visits Maine to attend court hearing
March 8, 2012

UPDATE 3 p.m.: Daniel Porter was not granted bail at Thursday afternoon’s court hearing. Check back for a full story.

BEFLAST, Maine — The accused killer of  Florida firefighter Jerry Perdomo will appear in court in Belfast this afternoon for a bail hearing.

Daniel Porter, 24, is accused of killing Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla., whose body was later found in the woods with a gunshot wound to the head.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/29/news/timeline-of-events-in-the-disappearance-of-fla-firefighter-jerry-perdomo/?ref=search
Timeline of events in the disappearance of Fla. firefighter Jerry Perdomo
February 29, 2012

Below is a timeline of events in the disappearance and alleged murder of Florida firefighter Jerry Perdomo, who was reported missing in Bangor, Maine. The information was gathered through news reports and a Maine State Police affidavit released Wednesday.

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/14/news/bangor/bangor-woman-who-reported-florida-firefighter-missing-no-longer-wanted-police-say/?ref=search
March 14, 2012

“The DA’s office told me that Lisa Gould called the court yesterday stating she forgot she had to show up,” Edwards said, referring to the Penobscot County District Attorney’s Office. “The warrant, in turn, will likely be rescinded or removed until further arrangements have been made. The long and short is, Lisa Gould does not have a warrant out for her arrest at this time.”
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/12/news/midcoast/defense-attorney-challenges-evidence-in-florida-firefighter-murder-case/?ref=search
Defense attorney challenges evidence in Florida firefighter murder case
February 12, 2013

BELFAST, Maine — Police held Daniel Porter against his will — and without reading him his Miranda rights — one year ago when the Jackson man was questioned in the disappearance of a Florida firefighter, Porter’s defense attorney said Tuesday in Waldo County Superior Court.

Porter, 25, is accused of killing firefighter Jerry Perdomo, 31, last February in a drug-related shooting. Justice Robert Murray presided over a hearing this week on the defense attorney’s motion to suppress evidence obtained during questioning of his client by police in both Connecticut and Maine. The hearing will continue Wednesday.

Defense attorney Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor said he doesn’t expect a ruling from the judge until sometime in March. Porter’s trial on a charge of intentional or knowing murder is scheduled to begin on April 22, according to court officials. He is being held without bail at Two Bridges Regional Jail in Wiscasset.

“Just because you tell someone they’re free to leave doesn’t mean they’re not in custody,” the attorney said after the hearing was adjourned for the day. “We’re challenging whether there’s been compliance with the Miranda process,” which guarantees an individual the right to remain silent or request an attorney.

The court heard testimony from several Connecticut and Maine police detectives as Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea and Silverstein grappled to show that Porter either was or wasn’t properly questioned in the days before his arrest.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/13/news/midcoast/statements-by-suspect-in-fla-firefighters-death-may-have-been-affected-by-liquor-attorney-says/?ref=search
Statements by suspect in Fla. firefighter’s death may have been affected by heavy drinking, attorney says
Posted February 13, 2013, Updated February 14, 2013

ELFAST, Maine — How much alcohol had Daniel Porter consumed when he spoke with police in connection with the death of a Florida firefighter last February and should the statements he made while drinking be admissible in court?

Those were among the questions that defense attorney Jeffrey Silverstein focused on Wednesday during the last day of a hearing at Waldo County Superior Court on a motion to suppress evidence obtained during questioning of his client by police. Porter, 25, of Jackson is accused of murdering 31-year-old Jerry Perdomo a year ago in a dispute over money and hiding the body on a woods road in Newburgh. Police have said that the two men worked together to illicitly sell prescription drugs in Maine.

“We were both drinking. I had a shot of Crown Royal and he was drinking shots of Jim Beam,” Gary Porter said during Wednesday’s hearing about his activities with his son on Feb. 28, hours before police arrested Daniel Porter. Over the course of the questioning, Gary Porter told the court that his son had been drinking since 9 a.m. that day, consuming at least a six-pack of beer in addition to the shots of whiskey. Police arrested him late that afternoon.

“Did you make any objections to Daniel drinking?” Silverstein asked.

“No. I think he needed it,” the father replied. “He was broke up. He had a lot of pain.”

Silverstein and Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea, who is prosecuting the case, will now submit written statements to Justice Robert Murray, who is expected to make a ruling on the motion sometime next month. Porter’s trial on a charge of intentional or knowing murder is scheduled to begin on April 22, according to court officials. He is being held without bail at Two Bridges Regional Jail in Wiscasset.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/15/news/midcoast/father-of-murder-suspect-indicted-on-marijuana-trafficking-charge/?ref=search
Father of murder suspect indicted on marijuana trafficking charge
February 15, 2013

BELFAST, Maine — The father of accused murderer Daniel Porter was indicted this week by the Waldo County Grand Jury for possession and trafficking of 13 pounds of marijuana.

Gary Porter, 56, of Jackson, was growing the marijuana around his home, according to James Pease of the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency.

“It was just a joint investigation we were doing with the [Maine] Warden Service,” Pease said Friday. “In the fall we get a lot of information and tips on marijuana grows. We were working this one.”

He said that Porter initially was issued a criminal summons in October. The two counts he was indicted on this week are Class C felony charges because of the amount of the drug, Pease said. If convicted, Porter could face up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Police believe that Porter intended to sell the marijuana, which Pease described as a substantial amount, but one which is not “unheard of” during the harvest season.

Earlier this week, Porter testified at a hearing to determine how much information obtained by police prior to his son’s arrest last February will be heard during Daniel Porter’s murder trial, which is scheduled to take place in April in Waldo County Superior Court.
Pease said Friday that Gary Porter’s indictment for possession and trafficking has nothing to do with his son’s case.

“Just family business, I guess,” he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.