March 29, 2024, 12:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Perdomo, 31, firefighter, msg Bangor, ME (body found)  (Read 18540 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: February 23, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/240397/19/Search-continues-for-missing-Seminole-County-firefighter-Jerry-Perdomo

Search continues for missing Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo

Authorities said Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Orange City, Fla., drove a rental car from Florida to Bangor, where it was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot.  Authorities said his wife reported him missing on Sunday and then they found the car with no obvious signs of fowl play.

Police said they reviewed surveillance video and it showed someone getting out of the car on Friday around 8:15 a.m., and walking away from the store, but it's not known who the person is.

He was last seen wearing a back zip-up hooded sweat shirt, shorts and black sneakers. He is described as 5 feet 11 inches tall, about 200 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
Edit to add "body found" to subject line.  MB

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:19:02 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/2-sought-in-missing-Central-Florida-firefighter-case/-/1637132/8885062/-/a1e871/-/index.html
2 sought in missing Central Florida firefighter case

Bangor police said they want to question Daniel Porter, 24, and Cheyanne Nowak, 23 (pictured below).  Police would not say how the duo is connected to Jerry Perdomo, a missing Seminole County firefighter who recently traveled to Maine to visit a friend and vanished.

Perdomo, who was last seen Feb. 15, drove a rental car from Florida to Bangor, where it was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot, according to police.

Bangor police said on Wednesday that they reviewed surveillance video and it showed someone getting out of the car around 8:15 a.m. Friday and walking away from the store.  It's not known, however, who the person is.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/person-interest-missing-firefighter-case-posts-fac/nKPTK/
Police: Couple believed to have had contact with missing firefighter found

The woman posted to her facebook page...

"To all of you whom I do not know: Please stop friending me. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. I don't know what else to do. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry your friend is missing. It is a terrible thing. I am so sorry about this. But I can do nothing further. Night."

hmm...interesting use of words.

Edit to change green color to black.  MB
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:00:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-missing-firefighter-jerry-perdomo-20120224,0,5479806.story

'I'm sorry for your loss,' woman's Facebook says in search for missing firefighter

Police in Maine couldn't be immediately reached, but they released a brief statement mid-morning, saying they'd found Nowak, 23, and her boyfriend, Daniel Porter, 24, and questioned them. Police did not disclose what they learned.

On Thursday, police said in a statement that "one or both of these individuals may have had contact with Mr. Perdomo shortly before his disappearance on the evening of Feb. 16."

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Pair-questioned-about-missing-Central-Florida-firefighter/-/1637132/8990004/-/10ecckn/-/index.html
Rod Pelkey, a manager at Lee Credit Now, told the Morning Sentinel Daniel Porter, 24, and Cheyanne Nowak, 23, bought a car and picked it up in Oakland on Tuesday.

The Morning Sentinel reported Friday that Pelkey said Porter appeared "disheveled" and told him he was going through a family emergency. Pelkey said Porter originally asked for directions to nearest Walmart so he could leave the old car in that lot, but then decided to leave their old car at the dealership until they came back from a trip to his grandfather's in Connecticut.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Information-surfaces-about-couple-Central-Florida-firefighter-missing/-/1637132/8990004/-/3kddudz/-/index.html
Information surfaces about couple, Central Florida firefighter missing

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-02-24/news/os-missing-firefighter-jerry-perdomo-20120224_1_bangor-police-firefighter-friend

WESH-Channel 2 on Friday interviewed a woman it identified only as Lisa. She told the station that she was the friend and that Perdomo had visited her once a month for 10 months.

She said the evening Perdomo disappeared, he had left, saying he was going to meet a friend and would return and take her to dinner. He never did.

That was Feb. 16. The gold Toyota Camry that he rented and drove from Florida to Maine was found the next day in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

So, according to this mystery girlfriend, once a month for 10 months this guy (working as a ff), rents a car and drives from middle FLA to Maine for a quick weekend.  And she never suspected he was married?  I call BS on this one.  There is more going on here than romance.  Also, why didn't she call LE when he didn't come back?  Why did his wife down in FL have to be the one to call LE?  Something smells fishy with this Lisa chic.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/02/florida-firefighters-go-to-maine-to-find-missing-colleague/
Florida Firefighters Go to Maine to Find Missing Colleague
February 26, 2012

Two Florida firefighters arrived in Maine to try to find their missing friend and colleague, Jerry Perdomo, who vanished 10 days ago after driving the 1,600 miles from Florida to visit a friend.

Jerry Perdomo, 31, husband and father of two, rented a car and made the trek from central Florida to visit a friend in Bangor, Maine. He hasn’t been seen since Feb. 16.

“We’re going to go out there and walk and pound the pavement. The fire department has offered to do anything that we need to, to make sure this a productive effort,” said Lt. Dave Williams, vice president of the Seminole County Professional Firefighters in Florida.
 ::snipping2::
“We’re hopeful that we’re just going to run into him. The brothers are here to give him a ride home,
said Kip O’Brien, a firefighter at the Bangor Fire Department.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/190891/2/Police-suspect-foul-play-in-Perdomo-disappearance
Police suspect foul play in Perdomo disappearance
February 26, 2012

JACKSON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- State Police say they suspect foul play in the disappearance of Florida firefighter Jerry Perdomo.

State Police believe Perdomo was last seen at a home on Hadley Mills Road in Jackson, and searched the home Sunday morning and afternoon.

The home belongs to the father of 24-year-old Daniel Porter.

Police believe Porter, and his 25-year-old girlfriend, Cheyanne Nowak, are the last people to have seen Perdomo before he went missing on February 16.

Police are searching three impounded vehicles in relation to the case: Perdomo's rental car found in the Bangor Wal-Mart parking lot last Friday, the car Porter and Nowak rented last week, and the car the couple left behind in Oakland before leaving the state.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »

How awful for the Perdomo children.   

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-missing-firefighter-jerry-perdomo-wife-20120227,0,656328.story
Missing firefighter: Wife of Jerry Perdomo Jr. to speak with media about husband's disappearance
By Amy Pavuk and Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel
February 27, 2012

The wife of missing Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo Jr. will hold a news conference this afternoon to talk about her husband's disappearance.

Perdomo, a 31-year-old former Marine who lives in Orange City, went to Maine to visit a friend and was last seen Feb. 16.

Police in Maine said foul play is suspected in his disappearance. His rental car was found abandoned Feb. 17 near a Bangor Walmart.

The last two people thought to have seen Perdomo are Daniel Porter, 24, and his girlfriend, Cheyanne Nowak, 23, both of Maine, police said.

Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland described Porter as a "person of interest" in Perdomo's disappearance but would not disclose how the men knew each other.

Investigators have impounded three cars, including Perdomo's rental car.
Perdomo's wife, Tonya Perdomo, a teacher at Deltona High School, plans to make a public plea at 2 p.m. for people to continue searching for her husband.

She also plans to talk about how difficult the disappearance has been for their children, a 10-year-old girl and 3-year-old boy.

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »

There is a good video at this link and news conference coming up at 2pm
also on GMA this am I saw them do a small seg. on this and them bringing out tons of stuff from the house of the FATHER of the man of the couple of interest. I hope that made sense. I tried to find the video clip from GMA this morning but couldnt. maybe it will be up later. I could only find this on one of our local channels.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/wife-missing-seminole-co-firefighter-hold-press-co/nK6RQ/

Never Give Up!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »

Thank you for the info and updates GrnLizrd. It's not sounding too good for Jerry Perdomo though.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Maine-police-to-brief-on-search-for-Fla-firefighter.html
Police to give update on search for Fla. firefighter
February 27, 2012

AUGUSTA — State Police detectives and Bangor police will update the public today about their search for a Florida firefighter whose Feb. 16 disappearance is now considered to be a crime.
Police are planning a 2 p.m. news conference on the search for Jerry Perdomo of Orange City, Fla.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/search-continues-florida-firefighter-jerry-perdomo-missing-maine-article-1.1029187
Search continues for Florida firefighter, Jerry Perdomo, missing in Maine 
Cops raid house where Perdomo was last seen; anonymous woman comes forward claiming tryst

By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
February 27, 2012

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 02:36:18 PM »

So far just a small blurb on OS about wifes statement.  I couldnt find anything live and no video yet. Ill keep watching. She is under the impression he went there to help a friend move. I guess its not hard to think he might have been seeing the other woman on the side. Maybe somehow mixed up with the other two and thats where the trouble happened. Just a guess. Lord knows we have seen and heard worse things. I do think you are right about this it isnt sounding good at all.
 OT:
Muffy I found a very large library of pictures of missing children of Florida I found while looking for the press conference. Im not sure of a good place for it but I thought you might know. It has so many of our missing in it and bring back many memories of so many lost angels. If I post it here is that ok and you can put it where it would be seen? Or tell me where I should post? If you would like to see it its on the OS web site. TY in advance

Never Give Up!

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »

So far just a small blurb on OS about wifes statement.  I couldnt find anything live and no video yet. Ill keep watching. She is under the impression he went there to help a friend move. I guess its not hard to think he might have been seeing the other woman on the side. Maybe somehow mixed up with the other two and thats where the trouble happened. Just a guess. Lord knows we have seen and heard worse things. I do think you are right about this it isnt sounding good at all.
 OT:
Muffy I found a very large library of pictures of missing children of Florida I found while looking for the press conference. Im not sure of a good place for it but I thought you might know. It has so many of our missing in it and bring back many memories of so
many lost angels. If I post it here is that ok and you can put it where it would be seen? Or tell me where I should post? If you would like to see it its on the OS web site. TY in advance
Dang sorry no edit its of Missing slain children in Florida. So sorry for the repost on off topic.

Never Give Up!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »

OT:
Muffy I found a very large library of pictures of missing children of Florida I found while looking for the press conference. Im not sure of a good place for it but I thought you might know. It has so many of our missing in it and bring back many memories of so
many lost angels. If I post it here is that ok and you can put it where it would be seen? Or tell me where I should post? If you would like to see it its on the OS web site. TY in advance
Dang sorry no edit its of Missing slain children in Florida. So sorry for the repost on off topic.

Go ahead and post the link here Lizrd.  I've got to run out and when I get back I'll take a look and see where we can post.  Thank you!

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »

Maybe After 6pm news they will have some videos of conference. He either took off or got off by some very bad people. What a shame for his family.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-missing-firefighter-jerry-perdomo-wife-20120227,0,656328.story
Rumors have swirled since Perdomo's disappearance including allegations that he was having a long-distance affair with another woman and that he was trafficking prescription drugs. His wife denied both rumors Monday.
"We spoke for a minute because the reception was really bad," Tonya Perdomo said. "He told me that he loved me and to hug and kiss the kids and he told me he would call me later. And I never heard from him again."

OT Here is that Other Link Muffy Tyvm an angelic monkey
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-florida-missing-slain-florida-children,0,231518.photogallery
PS...preview looks ok Im getting better at this posting thing i think I even snipped!::MonkeyWink::
Link to thread opened for the slide show in sub forum at SM: Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled. MB
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12804.msg1511662#msg1511662
Pictures: Missing and slain Florida children
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:56:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Never Give Up!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/27/maine-police-name-person-interest-in-florida-firefighters-disappearance/
Maine police name person of interest in Florida firefighter's disappearance
February 27, 2012

AUGUSTA, Maine –  Maine State Police suspect some kind of crime connected to the disappearance of a Florida firefighter, and they want to talk more with a Bangor man as the investigation intensifies.

Meanwhile, family and friends of Jerry Perdomo held out hope the 31-year-old Seminole County, Fla., firefighter will turn up. He's been missing since Feb. 16.
n Maine, state Public Safety Department spokesman Stephen McCausland said investigators have spent two days gathering evidence at a house in the Waldo County town of Jackson that's owned by the father of Daniel Porter, 24, of Bangor. Police believe the house is the last place Perdomo was seen. Evidence has been sent to the state police crime lab in Augusta.

Porter is "a person of interest" in the case, said the spokesman.

McCausland also said police interviewed Porter and Porter's 25-year-old girlfriend, Cheyanne Nowak, after detectives located them in Connecticut during the past week. The two have since returned to Maine.
"The connection between Perdomo, Porter and Nowak, we're still trying to piece together," said McCausland. Perdomo made frequent trips to Maine, he said. A woman claiming to be Perdomo's girlfriend has come forward to police, but McCausland did not have her name.

Police also confirmed they searched a trash container at the Hannaford supermarket in Bangor, near Wal-Mart.

Perdomo's wife described the father of 3- and 10-year-old children as "a dedicated dad. He helps people out a lot."
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:41 PM »

Missing firefighter: 'I hope he's coming home' wife of Jerry Perdomo Jr. says about husband's disappearance
By Amy Pavuk and Gary Taylor, Orlando Sentinel
February 27, 2012

ORANGE CITY — The wife of missing Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo Jr. told reporters Monday that she believed her husband was going to Maine to "help a friend move," when he left home last week.

"I still foresee him coming home, so I'm hopeful," Tonya Perdomo said this afternoon. "I'm speaking to you to let you know we're still looking for him and ... we're desperate to get him home."
Police in Maine suspect foul play in his disappearance. His rental car was found abandoned Feb. 17 near a Bangor Walmart.

Rumors have swirled since Perdomo's disappearance, including allegations that he was having a long-distance affair and that he was trafficking prescription drugs. His wife denied both rumors Monday.

Tonya Perdomo, an English teacher at Deltona High School, said the last time she spoke to her husband was the evening of Feb. 16, when he called "to tell me that he was fine."

"We spoke for a minute because the reception was really bad," Tonya Perdomo said. "He told me that he loved me and to hug and kiss the kids and he told me he would call me later. And I never heard from him again."

Tonya Perdomo said that conversation didn't send up any "red flags."
More...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.