April 23, 2024, 02:07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wyoming House advances doomsday bill"  (Read 1604 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 26, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »

I saw this on Drudge -

CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States.

House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

The task force would look at the feasibility of Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. David Miller, R-Riverton, has said he doesn’t anticipate any major crises hitting America anytime soon. But with the national debt exceeding $15 trillion and protest movements growing around the country, Miller said Wyoming — which has a comparatively good economy and sound state finances — needs to make sure it’s protected should any unexpected emergency hit the U.S.

“I don’t think there’s anyone in this room today what would come up here and say that this country is in good shape, that the world is stable and in good shape — because that is clearly not the case,” state Rep. Lorraine Quarberg, R-Thermopolis, said. “To put your head in the sand and think that nothing bad’s going to happen, and that we have no obligation to the citizens of the state of Wyoming to at least have the discussion, is not healthy.”

Read more: http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-house-advances-doomsday-bill/article_af6e1b2b-0ca4-553f-85e9-92c0f58c00bd.html#ixzz1nV2kt7Wj

I think every state should do this.  Some may be to far gone and cannot be saved.  I'm not sure what the answers are, I do think we are about a year away from Greece like collapse.  Only difference?  Nobody will come to our rescue. 

Foreign countries want their money?  How long before they start stripping major mountains and lands of their coal, oil, and other valuable resources.  Who's going to stop them?  Obama?  Any chance they'll do it in a responsible environmentally friendly fashion?  (I don't think so)

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »

Wyoming's Department of Homeland Security already has a statewide crisis management plan, but it doesn't cover what the state should do in the event of an extreme nationwide political or economic collapse. In recent years, lawmakers in at least six states have introduced legislation to create a state currency, all unsuccessfully.

I wonder which 6 states are preparing?

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/house-advances-miller-s-doomsday-bill/article_ccbdaf13-3efb-5090-9b29-2cfdc2d3881a.html#ixzz1nV4FNH8w

~~~

CHEYENNE — State Rep. David Miller, R-Riverton, has seen the national debt rise above $15 trillion and protest movements grow around the country. Wealthy Americans are fleeing the country, he says, and confidence in the dollar has taken a hit around the world.

If Americas economic and social problems continue to escalate and spiral out of control, Miller said, Wyoming needs to be ready. So, he’s introduced legislation to create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

from the comments -

Ferengi Rule of Aquisition No 25 Fear makes a Good Business Partner

read more here - http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/wyoming-lawmaker-introduces-doomsday-bill/

How many times do the Obama's invoke the word 'cancer' in their speeches?  Fund raising?  How many will vote for Obama because he gave everyone 'free healthcare'?

The nation is broke.  Who's going to pay for all that 'free' stuff?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:32:51 AM »

Harry Dent, author of “The Great Crash Ahead,” believes that the global debt bubble is going to burst and when it does, there will be a massive market crash. It should be noted that this is a revision of his earlier prediction that a crash would hit in 2012. He says he modified his forecast because the global central banks have been pumping the markets with so much money, stocks have been given a temporary boost. But he warns that as soon as the short-lived boost comes to an end, the crash will be hard.

“This will be a repeat of 2008-09, only bigger, when it finally hits,” Dent told USA Today.

Celente advises investors to buy gold – it won’t lose its purchasing power when the dollar tanks. Also, he says, buy a gun to protect yourself from marauders in search of food and money. He also advises people to plan a getaway to places with “more stable finances and governments.”

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/buy-a-gun-keep-your-powder-dry-economists-warn-of-looming-economic-911/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.