March 28, 2024, 01:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead at 66 From Heart Attack R.I.P.  (Read 2393 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 29, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/02/monkees-singer-davy-jones-dies-report/
Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dies
February 29, 2012

Davy Jones, the lead singer of the 1960s  rock band The Monkees has died. He was 66.

An official from the Martin County, Fla. medical examiner’s office confirmed to ABC News that the office has been notified of Jones’ death and is “currently evaluating whether or not the medical examiners office will take jurisdiction.”

Representatives for Jones did not immediately respond to ABCNews.com’s requests for comment. Jones is survived by his wife, Jessica, and four daughters from previous marriages.
 ::snipping2::

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:54:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:54:29 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/davy-jones-dead-monkees/#.T05nJXnh-So
Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead at 66 From Heart Attack
February 29, 2012

Davy Jones -- lead singer of The Monkees -- died after suffering a heart attack this morning ... TMZ has learned.

An official from the medical examiner's office for Martin County, Florida confirmed with TMZ they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.

A rep for the singer tells us Jones suffered a heart attack at his home this morning ... and was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and 4 daughters from previous marriages. He was 66-years-old.  Jones was married to Jessica Pacheco -- his 3rd wife.

Jones joined The Monkees in 1965 ... along with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork ... and together they churned out a bunch of hugely popular songs including 3 number 1 hits --  "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."
More...
Photos at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xKhmLX4EyDE
Davy Jones 2012 His FINAL concert

Uploaded by TheHeartofTardis on Feb 18, 2012

Davy Jones doing Daydream Believer @ BB Kings Lucilles Grill NYC 2-18-2012 , he passed away only days later. This is the last concert he performed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2012/03/private_funeral_planned_for_monkees_star_davy_jones.php
Private Funeral Planned for Monkees Star Davy Jones
March 3, 2012

Monkees singer Davy Jones will be laid to rest in Florida at a private funeral. The date and location has yet to be announced for the former teen idol, who died on Wednesday at the age of 66 from a heart attack.
Public services are being planned for New York and England, according to Davy's publicist. The family of Jones is asking that contributions be sent to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society or the local chapter in honor of Jones' niece, Deborah Jane Wilkinson, who died from the illness in 1995.

Top 7 Monkees Moments

Seven Video Clips at Link

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:16:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »

http://www.eonline.com/news/davy_jones_private_funeral_held_in/299548
Davy Jones' Private Funeral Held in Florida
By Bruna Nessif
March 7, 2012

According to Reuters, Davy Jones' immediate family, including his wife and daughters, attended a small, private funeral for the Monkees singer today near his hometown in Florida.
Public memorials in honor of the pop singer are also set to take place next week in New York and the U.K.

Jones' body was to be cremated and his ashes returned to his birthplace in Manchester, England.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/2012/03/07/few-realized-davy-jones-boxed-and-was-a-jockey/aqqa0r1/
Few realized Davy Jones boxed and was a jockey
By: T.G. Smith
March 7, 2012

(3 pgs.)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:30:12 AM »

Monkees contemplate how to memorialize Davy Jones

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The three surviving Monkees aren't planning to attend Davy Jones' funeral because it would likely bring too much unwanted attention to his family during their time of grief, the group's Micky Dolenz said Tuesday.

He and fellow Monkees Peter Tork, and Michael Nesmith have talked of attending one of the memorials that Jones' family is planning to hold in New York and in the late singer's native England, Dolenz said. And he added he's considering organizing a memorial himself for Jones' friends in Los Angeles.

Whether the surviving Monkees would perform at any of the gatherings, or at any other time in the future, is an open question.

"The three of us, Mike and Peter and I, we have never worked together just as a threesome. Mostly it was Peter, David and I and then Mike would join us," Dolenz said of the band's periodic reunions over the years.

"We've been talking, we've been communicating, but it's way too early, I think, to project or predict anything like that."

A private family funeral will take place in Florida this week, Jones spokeswoman Helen Kensick said Tuesday, declining to give any further details. Planning for a family service in England and a public memorial in the U.S. were still under way.

"What you saw is what you got," Dolenz said. "He was very much a song-and-dance man, life of the party, always telling jokes, always on, an entertainer and just a great guy to be around."

http://music.yahoo.com/news/monkees-contemplate-memorialize-davy-jones-003339573.html

Monkees - Daydream Believer - Music Video From TV - Clear HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU615FaODCg&feature=share     (COULD a smart Mod please embed this so it is clickable/video visible?? TY

Davy-------- RIP my friend, RIP  

Just wanted to add on a personal note that Peter is/was always my favorite Monkee   He made me   and was just too cute. As we, of that generation get older will now see more and more losses. I can remember my Grandmother saying (when she was just a tad older than myself)......all of the people I knew/all of my friends/so many great people are dying off all around me... Sad, but true.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:32:19 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.