April 26, 2024, 10:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michelle Benjamin missing 6/22/07 from Saint Marys PA  (Read 15281 times)
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« on: August 10, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

ST. MARYS - The St. Marys City police are trying to locate Michelle L. Benjamin, also known as Michelle Lynn Dilley.
She was last seen during the afternoon of Friday, June 22, at her residence at 162 Madison St., St. Marys, with three African American men, possibly from Buffalo, N.Y.
The police say Benjamin may have left for Buffalo with the men in a red sedan and may be in the Buffalo area.
Benjamin is 35 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a thin build and weighs 130 pounds.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the St. Marys police at 781-1315. All information will be confidential.

http://tinyurl.com/393pr3
I just can't believe that the first I have heard of this girl was the first of this week. My God!  She's been missing for almost two months!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:20:21 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Special delivery!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:24:46 PM »

Do we know why she was with these 3 men? Was she a drug user, prostitute, or living a life of risk? Or was she a married woman with children? Was she single, and dating one of those guys?
This gives us no details does it? How can anyone keep an eye out for her with very little information to go on?

Poor woman. I hope she's ok, and that she's just out of touch with her family.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

It is a very vague missing person report. Thanks for bringing it oldencrabby. Strange so little out there about this woman now missing for almost 2 months. So little reported does this speak to the type of life she led? Will keep watch........

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »

It says she has blonde hair and blue eyes which means her picture would look significantly different than the one posted.  She could easily go un-noticed based on that, of course other than the fact that she is in the company of 3 men.  I would notice a lone female with 3 men.
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »

The first report I heard on her was a blip on local news about her, very short, on Aug. 3rd.  It stated that she also goes by the name Michelle Dilley and Michelle Klawuhn. That is it.  Shocked

Special delivery!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 02:09:18 AM »

She looks very unhappy in that photo...... Sad

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:59:23 PM »

Police Search For Missing Cambria County Woman

POSTED: 11:00 pm EDT August 12, 2007
UPDATED: 10:23 am EDT August 13, 2007

NANTY GLO, Pa. -- State police in Ebensburg are asking for the public's help in finding a missing 39-year-old woman.

On Saturday, Christina Lynn Peters, of Nanty Glo, was last seen headed to the Altoona Mall and never returned home. Peters is now the third woman in the Allegheny area to have disappeared in the past two months.

Peters was last seen Saturday afternoon at about 1:30 p.m. driving to the mall in her 1996 Grand Jeep Cherokee. State police said it was not until the company she worked for notified her family that she did not show up for work later that day, stating that was not like her to be late or not to even show up at all, that the family immediately called state police.

State police said she was last seen wearing a denim skirt; a white halter top with Pittsburgh Steelers decals on it; and white sandals. The Jeep's license plate number is EGT 7289.

Since June 22, 35-year- old Michelle Benjamin of St. Mary's has been missing, and 33-year-old Joey Lynn Offutt of Jefferson County has been missing since July 12. Peters is the most recent to be reported as missing in the Allegheny area. Police have not confirmed if any of the disappearances are related but none of the three women have yet been found.

Anyone with information is asked to call Ebensburg police 814-471-6500.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/13876246/detail.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »

Uh-oh.
This doesn't sound very good.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »

WOW BB - what if they are all connected.  Hopefully LE will not drop the ball.  Rolling Eyes

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »

there doesn't seem to be anything new in the news on this woman.

Maine, born and raised!
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 06:40:53 PM »

Some good news - Christina Peters has been located.

Missing Woman Found

POSTED: 10:08 pm EDT August 19, 2007
UPDATED: 10:16 pm EDT August 19, 2007

It's been over a week since Christina Peters of Nanty Glo went missing. Ebensburg State Police reported that she never returned from the Logan Valley Mall and then did not show up for work. Family and coworkers said that was not like her to not show up or even call. Police reported that Peters had been found. Her boyfriend reported to police that she supposedly went to the Pittsburgh area. Once police got in touch with her, they learned she went there voluntarily.
http://www.wjactv.com/news/13927165/detail.html

There was a mention last evening on one of the local news that Michelle Benjamin may have been spotted in NY. No further info on her.

Still nothing new, that I am aware of, on Joey Offutt. This one just doesn't look good.  Sad

Special delivery!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »

I posted this today in Joey Offcut's thread too>>>>>>>>

Pittsburgh Tribune Review
December 5, 2007 Wednesday 

Police seeking clues in bones discovery in Sharpsburg

Allegheny County police are reviewing missing persons reports as they work to solve the mystery of human bones that were found washed up on the shore of the Allegheny River in Sharpsburg.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office has not made determinations regarding the race, gender or height of the person. Fishermen found bones from a leg, including a foot with a tennis shoe attached, near the 62nd Street Bridge on Sunday.

Police searched the river bank but did not find anything else, county police Assistant Superintendent James Morton said.

Anyone with information should contact the medical examiner's office at 412-350-4800 or county homicide detectives at 412-473-1300. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:711479054&start=14

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
dawnbymornin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

Michelle Benjamin is my cousin, for which I havent seen in years. Prior to her living in St. Marys PA she lived in Virginia. I have no idea why she would have been with three african american men and headed to the Buffalo NY area. It really doesnt make any sence to me or any other family members. Though in the past she was linked to drugs and hungout with the wrong crowd, so ive heard from a family member that had visited her when she lived in Virginia. I have been searching on the web off and on trying to figure out her whereabouts. Her Biological father lives in Bradford PA. And i'm not really sure where her mother lives these days. They really havent posted much on her case. When Michelle was growing up she was in and out of foster homes. Her Biological fathers name is Ronald Klawuhn. Thats where that last name comes from and Benjamin is her mothers maiden name. The last name Dilley that she could also be going by is who she is or was married to. Her natural hair color is brownish red at least thats what it was when she was growing up. Her Brother Chris lives in Farmers valley near Smethport PA. I'm not sure who has her five children, but i'm sure they miss her dearly.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »

Welcome dawn, nice to have you here and thanks for the insight to family.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »

Thank you for sharing what you know, dawnbymorning.  I'm very sorry to hear your cousin is missing.  And she has five children that would be missing her too.  I hope the internet can help with the search.  Welcome to Scared Monkeys.    ((hugs))

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
dawnbymornin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 11:29:44 AM »

Our local paper put a small add with Michelle Benjamin's black and white picture. I'm not sure why nobody has a better pic of her, with the right discription. It's been almost two years know and noone has seen her or knows of her whereabouts, just that they are thinking she went to Buffalo NY with african american men. Doesnt make sence to me. I dont think the police are doing all they can. I hope shes alright
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »

Just adding a map
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=St.%20Mary's%20PA

So close to the Allegheny National Forest .... 
I have searched 4 States of UID's and come up empty.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »

I have been thinking about the recent remains found near Onoville, NY
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

If Michelle did indeed get into a car that was heading to Buffalo, as suggested...then this could very well be her.....

check out the map

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=Saint%20Marys%2C%20PA%20to%20Onoville%2C%20NY&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I hope she will be looked at in the identity determination!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

http://www.wgrz.com/genthumb/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/imagepool/images/091020025814_boot2.JPG

Remains had a winter boot....probably not Michelle as she went missing in June. Unless the boot was placed as a prop....
photo of a similar boot at link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »

Finally ID'd

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Jac-resevoir-140683783.html
 Remains found back in 2009 have been identified as that of Traci Douglass, 45, of Salamanca.

snipped missing since 2009
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.