March 18, 2024, 07:55:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife of New Albany MS Coach Shot Dead, Coach Shot But OK - conviction!!  (Read 3061 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« on: December 06, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »

Hoping this is not posted in another thread.

Amanda Price, the wife of a high school coach in New Albany Mississippi was shot to death on her backyard last night (Dec 5th) at around 10:00pm. Her husband, Ron Price, was grazed on the shoulder. He was treated and released from the hospital the same night.

The couple has a five year old with the name Molly Addison. Not sure if Addison is a middle name or last name in this case. But, she could be from the mother's previous relationship.

According to the story the couple returned home, and the wife decided to let the dog out on the backyard (no mention if the dog was barking at the intruder.)

Dogs can be very sensitive and bark when someone is around the home.

She surprised someone, and started screaming. She then got shot dead. Her husband heard the screams and came out to investigate. He got grazed on the shoulder.

No descriptions of the intruder has been mentioned. There is a $20,000 reward for information.

I don't want to doubt this respectable coach, but I guess I've become too paranoid with stuff that's happening in the news lately.

I question how dark or lighted was the backyard at 10:00pm, that the intruder shot dead the wife and shot the husband close to the heart, but the husband did not see him.

I mean, how close was the intruder? Unless he is a marksman, to kill her and shoot him on the shoulder from far away, in the darkness... or he had to be very close.

I also wonder if the dog was on the intruder attacking him or barking his heart out, and why didn't the intruder shoot the dog.

There is nothing written about things being robbed or vandalized, or any window or door being broken in.

The couple had just come in, turned lights, etc... why did the intruder wait on the backyard instead of running away when the couple came in.

Also, the couple may have used the front door that night to come in, is that normal for them... to use the front door when getting in, not the back.

Anyway, I didn't post this on missing, because she is not missing.

Until I know more, I will think of it as what has been reported. But, something is amiss in this story too, and it seems it will end as another Stebic/Petersen/Powell story. 

Hopefully the investigators in this keep a close look at the details and question the facts, instead of taking all statements made by the husband at face value.

According to police there were three car burglaries in the neighborhood that night. Still, from car burglary to murder... possibly two murders...

“It appears that she may have gone outside with their dog and startled someone in their backyard,” Grisham said. “She began to scream and someone shot her.”

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/16662458/article-UPDATE--New-Albany-football-coach-shot--wife-killed?instance=lead_story_left_column

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:30:32 PM »

Suspect pleads guilty to murdering Amanda Price

7/3/13 https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/22755470/suspect-pleads-guilty-to-murdering-amanda-price/

The suspect in the murder of Amanda Price pleaded guilty to the crime Wednesday. Her family says it is the closure they have been seeking for almost two years.
Amanda, a beloved wife of a New Albany football coach, was shot to death when she stepped out of the back door of her home December 5, 2011. Her husband, New Albany High School's football coach Ron Price, was shot in the shoulder.
"I'm thankful that she was a part of my life," said Ron. "She will always be a part of my life ... And I love her very much."
She was the mother of the young couple's only child, Molly Addison.
" You live it every single day. My little girl is five now, and every time I look at her you see her mother," said Price.
Craig Baker plead guilty to the slaying that rocked the town and the police department working the case.
" I did not expect to be going to the Price's house. I know the Price [family] personally I knew Amanda," said New Albany Police Chief Chris Robertson.

Amanda Price had just walked outside when Baker shot and killed her. Baker was in the area after burglarizing some nearby cars. He came to steal, but this family wishes Baker would have taken anything else.
"I wish he would have just come to our front door and asked for what he needed instead of coming to our back door," said Price.
At Molly Addison's request, the Price family will stay in the home that changed their lives forever. The home is surrounded by a community that stood by every step of the way with at least some closure after Baker's plea.
" Losing your little sister is like losing one of your best friends that you've known your entire life," said Amanda's brother, Jay Crossey. "He's come out and said, 'I did these things, and I know that I need to pay for that.' And to me that's just as important as him being in jail."
Baker will spend life in jail for murder with the possibility of parole at 65 years old. He will then have to serve an additional 20 years for shooting Ron. District Attorney Ben Creekmore is confident Baker will not see the other side of prison alive.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.