March 28, 2024, 04:01:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Six yr old Beauty Queen performs in bar  (Read 2233 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: March 13, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

http://www.wtoc.com/category/153752/wtoc-video-center?clipId=6828114&autostart=true

Alana Thompston, also known as "Honey Boo Boo Child" is a regular on The Learning Channel's show, Toddlers & Tiaras.

But it was a promotional event at Rum Runners Thursday night that's causing a lot of concern. Alana's mom, June Shannon, says the six year old wasn't on a bar, but on a stage in the back of the establishment.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/toddlers-tiaras-a-dollar-make-me-holler.html

http://www.collegebarscene.com/bar/Rum-Runners/2786

I had a difficult time deciding where to put this.  It isn't technically a crime, but imo, it should be.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »

I was looking at the video, and this doesn't look like a healthy environment for a  six year old girl imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »

I was looking at the video, and this doesn't look like a healthy environment for a  six year old girl imo.

It is not.  It's a college bar.  Why any of the college kids would want to see a 6 yr old beauty queen is beyond me, I can't believe that her mother would pimp her out like that for a few dollars.  This was a big deal in CSRA.  Lots of calls to the local news station and DFACS.  But, apparently, no law was broken, just 'poor decison' by her parents.  

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »

It is not.  It's a college bar.  Why any of the college kids would want to see a 6 yr old beauty queen is beyond me, I can't believe that her mother would pimp her out like that for a few dollars.  This was a big deal in CSRA.  Lots of calls to the local news station and DFACS.  But, apparently, no law was broken, just 'poor decison' by her parents.  

Actually, my comment  about it not looking like a healthy environment for a six year old girl was in regard to the video you posted that I watched and what I heard and saw in it.  Just terrible.     The video was bad enough, and then we find out she performed in a bar?!  I think we're seeing more than a "poor decision" by her parents.  JMHO  I mean, how is she supposed to function in the real world?  At school?  Play dates?  How horrible her parents have set their young daughter up for a life like this.  Again, jmho

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »

One more thing...

Why did the management of the bar see fit to book this kind of entertainment?  I guess people showed up.    

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 11:38:37 PM »

One more thing...

Why did the management of the bar see fit to book this kind of entertainment?  I guess people showed up.    
Its a college town.  There are always kids in there drinking.  The mom said she was friends with the owners who wanted to promote the kid.  Funny thing, they didn't return the call of the reporter before the segment aired.  Probably because they know how they look.  I doubt the college crowd knew who this kid was or even cared that she had been on tv. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »

One more thing...

Why did the management of the bar see fit to book this kind of entertainment?  I guess people showed up.    
Its a college town.  There are always kids in there drinking.  The mom said she was friends with the owners who wanted to promote the kid.  Funny thing, they didn't return the call of the reporter before the segment aired.  Probably because they know how they look.  I doubt the college crowd knew who this kid was or even cared that she had been on tv.  

Thank you for explaining.  I guess my idea of promoting a young person with talent might be through programs at school or singing in the church choir and not so much a bar  

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.