April 26, 2024, 09:21:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing - 15 yr old Libni Gomez, Mesquite, Tx. 2-8-13(FOUND SAFE)  (Read 5063 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: February 09, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »

http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/1379-missing-teen

Published on Friday, 08 February 2013 20:31

Mesquite police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 15-year-old Libni Gomez.

At about 12:45 p.m. on Friday, the teen went outside to start the family’s van, which was parked on the street in front of their residence in the 2800 block of Shelduck Drive.

When her mother and sister came out of the house a few minutes later, Gomez was gone and the keys to the van were lying on the ground.

::snipping2::
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:34:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487233641313150&set=a.225056140864236.49739.222558184447365

Her Facebook page with picture
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »

Seeking TheLost
2/9/2013: Vanished! Possible Abduction: Desaparecido! Secuestro posible: Please share to locate Libni Gomez (15) missing from MESQUITE, TEXAS since 2/8/2013. Article: Mesquite police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 15-year-old Libni Gomez. At about 12:45 p.m. on Friday, the teen went outside to start the family’s parked on the street in front of their residence in the 2800 block of Shelduck Drive. When her mother and sister came out of the house a few minutes later, Libni was gone and the ▬►keys to the van were ▬►lying on the ground.

According to Lt. Bill Hedgpeth, department spokesman, officers searched the area but could not locate the girl. Detectives interviewed family members to try and determine a possible reason for her disappearance or a possible destination. Police say the potential for foul play cannot be eliminated.

Gomez is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-1 and about 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue-and-white horizontal-striped hoodie, blue jeans and unknown colored high-heel shoes.

Anyone with information about the teenager’s whereabouts is asked to call the Mesquite Police Department at (972) 285-6336.

SOURCE: http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/1379-missing-teen

This poster in Spanish: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487257271310787&set=a.225056140864236.49739.222558184447365&type=1&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »

She's safe!   

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/mesquite-police-ask-for-publics-help-finding-missing-15-year-old-girl.html/

Mesquite Police: Missing 15-year-old girl safe with boyfriend
By From Staff Reports
backfield@dallasnews.com
4:11 pm on February 9, 2013 | Permalink

Mesquite police are searching for 15-year-old Libni Gomez of Mesquite. (Mesquite Police Department)

UPDATED POST, 4:09 p.m., Feb. 9, 2013:

Mesquite authorities say that police have been notified that 15 year-old Lidni Gomez is with her boyfriend and is safe. “Officers verified the information through her father and no longer consider Lidni as a missing person,” a police press release said.

ORIGINAL POST, 9:55 P.M. Feb. 8, 2013:

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

Safe!! Great news!  Moving this to "Missing Found Safe".   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »

Wonderful news, thankyou Texasmom 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »

I noticed that Seeking the Lost is saying that Libni is still missing!

The article that said she had been located was changed and doesn't say that now!   

But another one has popped up since that says the same thing!   

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mesquite-Police-Search-for-Missing-Teen-190519641.html

This is all very disturbing to me, and I sincerely apologize for any confusion I may have caused.  I just pray that Libni is indeed safe!

Seeking TheLost shared a photo.
▬►▬►UPDATE: As of 3:30pm Central Time on Sunday, February 10, 2013, Libni Gomez is ▬►STILL MISSING from Mesquite, Texas and the case is still ▬►OPEN according to a sergeant with the Mesquite Police Department whom I spoke with on the telephone.

2/9/2013: Vanished! Possible Abduction: Desaparecido! Secuestro posible: Please share to locate Libni Gomez (15) missing from MESQUITE, TEXAS since 2/8/2013. Article: Mesquite police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 15-year-old Libni Gomez. At about 12:45 p.m. on Friday, the teen went outside to start the family’s parked on the street in front of their residence in the 2800 block of Shelduck Drive. When her mother and sister came out of the house a few minutes later, Libni was gone and the ▬►keys to the van were ▬►lying on the ground.

According to Lt. Bill Hedgpeth, department spokesman, officers searched the area but could not locate the girl. Detectives interviewed family members to try and determine a possible reason for her disappearance or a possible destination. Police say the potential for foul play cannot be eliminated.

Gomez is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-1 and about 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue-and-white horizontal-striped hoodie, blue jeans and unknown colored high-heel shoes.

Anyone with information about the teenager’s whereabouts is asked to call the Mesquite Police Department at (972) 285-6336.

SOURCE: http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/1379-missing-teen

▬►NEW POSTER WITH MORE DETAILS: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487233641313150&set=a.225056140864236.49739.222558184447365

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »

Link for the post from Seeking the Lost with the UPDATE

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487219891314525&set=a.334294289940420.68660.222558184447365&type=1

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 12:04:57 AM »

I've been following this all day also, Texasmom.............I hadn't posted anything because of the confusion.  Sure wish there was more information.   Watched our local news just now and not a word from any of them........very unsettling!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »

http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/1384-missing-teen-update

Missing teen update

MPD confirms 15-year-old has contacted family members

STAFF REPORT

Published on Sunday, 10 February 2013 13:55

Mesquite police on Sunday confirmed that 15-year-old Libni Gomez has contacted family members to say she was safe. The teenager had been reported missing by her family on Friday.

Lt. Bill Hedgpeth, department spokesman, said Sunday that Gomez had been in contact with her father and other family members but that attempts by the Mesquite PD to speak with the teenager had been unsuccessful. Because detectives have not been able to speak with her, Hedgpeth said Gomez will remain listed as missing.

"We'd rather err on the side of caution in a situation like this so we'll keep her on the computer as missing," Hedgpeth said.

The teenager apparently contacted her family on Saturday, possibly from an out-of-state location, and told them she was with her boyfriend. The boyfriend has not been identified.

The Mesquite PD first issued a press release Saturday afternoon announcing that Gomez was safe. A second release followed just before 5 p.m. indicating the department had not yet confirmed the information.

Several news outlets reported that Gomez had been found but most pulled the information after the second release from the Mesquite PD.

Gomez was initially reported missing after her mother said the teen went outside the family home at about 12:45 p.m. on Friday to start the family’s van, which was parked in front of the home in the 2800 block of Shelduck Drive in the Falcons Lair subdivision in southeast Mesquite off Lawson Road and East Cartwright Road.

The teen’s mother and sister came out a few moments later to find Gomez gone and the keys to the van on the ground. Police officers searched the area and, unable to rule out foul play, issued a release seeking the public’s help in locating the teenager. No Amber Alert was ever issued.

Gomez will likely face no legal repercussions connected to her disappearance and the subsequent investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:14:19 AM »

I've been following this all day also, Texasmom.............I hadn't posted anything because of the confusion.  Sure wish there was more information.   Watched our local news just now and not a word from any of them........very unsettling!

Yes, it is very unsettling BabsKats!   

She's 15.

If leaving the state was something her boyfriend thought would be o.k. with her parents she wouldn't have left the way she did.

Something just doesn't seem right with this.  jmo

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »

Missing teen update

STAFF REPORT

I'm really tempted to move this back to "Missing".  Just because she spoke with her family doesn't necessarily make her "safe" in my opinion. That could indicate she's alive, which is a relief, but what about her welfare?   She's not home and Mesquite PD haven't been able to speak with her.  What's the story on the boyfriend?  The article says he hasn't been identified.  Lots of questions unanswered. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »

Missing teen update

STAFF REPORT

I'm really tempted to move this back to "Missing".  Just because she spoke with her family doesn't necessarily make her "safe" in my opinion. That could indicate she's alive, which is a relief, but what about her welfare?   She's not home and Mesquite PD haven't been able to speak with her.  What's the story on the boyfriend?  The article says he hasn't been identified.  Lots of questions unanswered. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.