March 28, 2024, 10:31:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas Prices...Obama's fault? Obama helpless? I don't think so...  (Read 2446 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 14, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »

Pakistan is keen to import Iranian gas to alleviate shortages of gas that are crippling industry and daily life. Its gas shortfall is forecast by the government to reach 2.22 billion cubic feet a day this year.

The US has offered Islamabad help in developing a Tukmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) pipeline as an alternative to the Iran project, and has offered to provide gas at cheaper rates from US energy firms. The US has also threatened Islamabad with economic sanctions if work on IP project is not stopped.

read more here - http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/NC02Df03.html

How does Washington plan to offer 'cheaper' gas rates from US energy firms?

Why isn't Obama offering cheaper rates to Americans?

How is it possible super Obama can't control prices for Main Street and Joe 6-Pack, but he can offer cheap energy to foreigners from US energy firms?

Are high gas / energy prices a MASSIVE tax/redistribution scheme?

'If we just give them cheap gas, they won't have to kill each other...'  'If Americans pay more, they won't kill us either...'

just my humble wondering

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »

The head of Ukraine called interesting and important for the Ukrainian party participation in the construction of the pipeline on the territory of Turkmenistan "East-West", TAPI (Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India) gas pipeline, as well as in the construction of the second branch of Malay-Bagtyyarlyk pipeline (part of the Turkmenistan-China gas pipeline).

State Concerns Turkmengaz and Turkmenneftegazstroy have been charged to construct the internal pipeline "East-West" with capacity of 30 billion cubic meters of gas per year. At the same time, contract work is assigned to foreign companies. The implementation of the project will close in a single ring all the major gas fields in the country and bring their resources to the Caspian Sea. The next step would be laying Trans-Caspian pipeline to Azerbaijan for the supply to Europe, another option could be a project of the Caspian gas pipeline to Russia.

read more here - http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/132440/ukraine-interested-in-turkmenistan%C3%ADs-gas-projects.html

Who is going to maintain order in Afghanistan to allow the building of the pipline?  Ukraine?  Russia?  China?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:31:19 AM »

In an article published by Oil Price website, Professor Juan Cole said Iran's threat to cut oil exports to European countries has already increased global oil prices, making up for any export loss that Tehran may have suffered as a result of sanctions.

“While Iran is producing about 500,000 barrels a day less today than what was typical for it in recent years, the [oil] price has risen over 20 percent in recent months,” he added.

The professor said, “If Iran made USD 250 million a day on petroleum exports of 2.5 million barrels a day at USD 100 a barrel, and if the exports have fallen to 2 million barrels a day, the crude price has risen to USD 124 per barrel and the [country’s overall oil] income is not that much reduced.”

What would happen to the price of oil if the US increased production by 750,000 barrels a day?  Maybe the price would go down?  Americans would make some money?  Instead of paying foreigners, they could pay Americans?

read more here - http://www.presstv.ir/detail/231310.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »

Hope has now been built up that the President during his address to the joint session of the Parliament on 17th of this month, may outline the broad features about the kind of ties we should have with United States. The President, and so has the Prime Minister, made it clear that pressures for giving up the Pak-Iran gas pipeline will be against the nation’s aspirations. United States should understand that its desire for Iran’s economic strangulation cannot be shared by sovereign States. India and China, have followed independent foreign policies, and have forged ahead in bringing prosperity for their people. If Pakistan, for some reasons and because of some autocratic or authoritarian regimes, preferred to accept dictation from outside, those leaders and their policies, vanished with their departure from the scene. A new administration, answerable to the people, is now in power. President Zardari at his Larkana speech some months back, had already made it abundantly plain that he and his government would do what it thought best for their country. Dictation to Islamabad was a thing of the past.Recently, a responsible US official advised Pakistan to look for alternate sources like windmills, solar power etc to meet its power shortages. Such lolly pops are least required. Pakistan has enough talent in science and technology, and it can make a nuclear shield for its safety, it can surely solve its energy problems. It would have been better, if the same US official had offered on behalf of the US government to install mega power plants, and help us build our nuclear energy resources, as the Americans have done for India. Perhaps such suggestions, may have carried more weight. Pakistan government, failing to provide the much needed economic relief to the people, and accused of corruption and misgovernance, has taken some bold decisions in the realm of foreign affairs. The change was visible after Hina Khar took over as Foreign Minister.

Why hasn't America's president embraced a pipeline?  Foreign presidents embrace pipelines to further their nation's aspirations...where is Obama's desire to further American's aspirations?  The American dream for Americans?  America's children?

Why is Obama strangling America's future?

Where is America's hope for the future?  Windmills?  Solar?  They don't seem to be working.  Why is it that other EMERGING nations don't see a future for windmills and solar?  They see an energy future filled with mega power plants and nuclear energy resources?  Maybe they don't have TRILLIONS to waste on debt, windmills, solar, waste, fraud, and abuse?  They need to see immediate results? 

Why doesn't Washington see giving up the Canada/US pipeline is against out national interest?  Pipelines are only good for other people?  No gas/oil for Americans!  No job!  No prosperity!  GROW POVERTY and WELFARE!!!

They have respect for America. Also the Americans have been too generous in giving visas to Pakistan, compared to many other countries of the world. Our efforts therefore, should be to strive for a lasting relationship, but as equal partners.

Too many visas?  Who would have thought!!!  Give those jobs to unemployed and newly graduated Americans!!!

read more thought provoking ideas here - http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=144702

Where is the economic relief for the American people?  The promised jobs?  Rooting out corruption?  Draining the swamp? 

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »

How much are Obama's sanctions going to cost Americans?

$300 a barrel oil?  $500 a barrel oil?  Hyperinflation?  How long before Americans will go bankrupt to buy gas/oil?

Are rising oil prices a result of Obama's call for more sanctions?

I'm think 'sanctions' only further the Obama administration's goal of Euro priced gas/diesel. 

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.