April 26, 2024, 12:12:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May I ask you all to please pray for me ?  (Read 9964 times)
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« on: July 02, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »

May I impose on you all to please  pray for me .
   I cannot go into all the details but to make it short the Govt is trying to get a hold of whats left of my family farm .
  My father did not  believe in estate planning and  didn't set this all up when he was alive and I am trying to straighten this all out.
   Our county is trying to get ALL the old  farm land rezoned residential   so it can collect a LOT more taxes . A small piece of mine went from $16,000 valuation to $75,000  with a stroke of a pen .
   Please pray that a small miracle will happen to help me out here as the ATTYs  haven't been able to help because they don't want to make the county powers that be  angry at them .
    As a lot of you know I am disabled and on a fixed income  but am only 56 and can't as yet get on homestead exemption to get the tax at a reasonable rate

Thanks in advance and I do believe that there is power in prayer  and with this group we do have power  I know that a higher power listens to us .
               your friend Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

Jerry ~ I am so sorry to hear about this mess .... with all the good you have done for people, this is just ridiculous.  Is there anyone who can help you with advice, or an attorney who's not afraid of the powers that be?  
You are absolutely in my positive thoughts and prayers, and I know the other monkeys feel the same.  Please, please keep us posted.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »

Absolutely, Jerry. What tcumom said!

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »

Jerry,

Of course you will be in my prayers.  My Dad had a will but as executrix, I am finding out how hard it is to get everything in order.  I, too, am disabled, and do not understand why at 56 you are not eligible for the exemption....but that could be because I am newly deemed disabled and still gathering info for us, here.  We don't have any more than what we bought 30 some years ago, yet the taxes are thousands more.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:28:27 PM »

Jerry, not sure you pass all criteria but see bolded below.  I had been filing for my Dad as a senior on low income, but have to file for us, if we meet the requirements.  

http://aging.ohio.gov/families/homestead.html

Homestead Exemption is a statewide program that offers a reduction in real property and manufactured home taxes to qualifying Ohio homeowners. The amount of the reduction depends on the combined income of the applicant (and spouse, if appropriate) and the tax rate of the community in which the applicant resides. The Homestead Exemption is an additional reduction in real estate and manufactured home taxes beyond any other property tax deductions and rollbacks an individual may already be getting.

Eligible homeowners are at least 65 years old; any adult who is permanently and totally disabled; or a surviving spouse meeting certain conditions. The individual must own and occupy his or her home (having his or her name on the deed or a life estate) as of January 1 in the year of application. Finally, the household income of the applicant must be $26,200 or less for 2006.

To apply or for more information about eligibility, contact the office of your county auditor. The application period runs from the first Monday in January until the first Monday in June, each year. The auditor's office will review your application and determine if you qualify. If you are eligible, the exemption will appear on the tax bill you receive the following January. If your application is denied, you will be notified before the end of the year.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

Jerry,
you are added to my prayers....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

and mine Jerry

I continue to stand with the girl.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:55:20 PM »

Jerry,
 You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything works out for you!!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 11:15:30 PM »

Jerry,  as a fellow Buckeye,  I completely understand and most definately will pray about this!  You hang tight and stay strong!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 12:10:21 AM »

Jerry you are added to mine too.

I hate to ask but when you said "ATTYs haven't been able to help because they don't want to make the county powers that be angry at them"
Have you thought of getting an Atty from outside the county for the re-zoning issue ???
It could get complicated/messy ... One for the estate & one for the re-zoning issue  But...
Just a Thought.

Take care.

OldF

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 12:44:20 AM »

OldFart, I was wondering the same thing...Jerry,  you are in my prayers as we speak! Take care, friend!!

Bring Natalee home...
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 02:17:32 AM »

Jerry - I am adding my prayers also.  Even when all precautions have been taken with estates it seems the governments can just try to over-ride anything that is put in place to safeguard our ownership and inheritance we plan to pass to coming generations.
I understand your kinship with your family land and also your respect of custodianship of our planet and it's creatures.  As one of our earth's caretakers you will be listened to and guided by our Creator.
Your monkey family will join you in prayer.  Blessings of the Great Spirit to you.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

Jerry - you are in my prayers!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »

Jerry I have added you to my prayers and pray that this all works out to your benefit.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »

Jerry~ Praying that the Lord sends you the assistance needed to resolve this.

Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 06:38:06 PM »

Jerry~
You are in my thoughts & am praying for a good outcome for your situation.

Roos~

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

Same from me Jerry

Hope it all works out for you

Maine, born and raised!
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 07:27:55 AM »

Good Morning to all my SM friends .
  your prayers seem to be doing something  got a little encouraging news yesterday so please keep the prayers coming as they do work and maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel .
                your friend  Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »

Jerry ~ So glad to hear you have some encouraging news ~ Sometimes it's just little bits at a time.....keep forging forward, though.  We're still behind you with many positive thoughts and prayers.   Many hugs.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Jerry ~ So glad to hear you have some encouraging news ~ Sometimes it's just little bits at a time.....keep forging forward, though.  We're still behind you with many positive thoughts and prayers.   Many hugs.

YOU folks are all the best on the internet  !! and I thank God every day for each one of my friends .
  No man is poor as long as he has friends like you all .
                                          Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.