March 28, 2024, 08:31:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May I ask you all to please pray for me ?  (Read 9936 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Thought of you again yesterday and said another quick prayer for you, Jerry.  I hope you'll remember to update us if there's news.

Well all Thank you EVERYONE  that prayed and or even thought about me during during the
largest crisis in my life that ai have ever faced .
   But now it is over ,  the court ruled that the predator buyer could and did stay within all the guide lines for our county and state laws and that since he has the cash and I did not and couldn't raise most of it that the sale did go thru .
    I am in sort of shock and very numb but I never thought that for a lousy $ 22,000 dollars that they could and did sell my family farm away from me after my being here 56 years  and the family owning it for 150 years .
   I am not sure what I am going to do now I  will have 30 days after Monday  to figure that out,  
  How to move a farms worth of equipment and the like in 30 days  will be a real miracle.
  About all I can say now is that for some reason that I can't understand, God  didn't want me here any longer is all I can figure .
    I still have faith ,and still believe, but this was a terrible blow and am not sure why but it was left up to him ( I had placed it in Gods hands early this week when I could not do any more on my own . ) and he said no and I just have to accept that as his decision and I will try to move on and start again i guess .
Thanks again everyone  for all your support  you all mean a lot to me with you all I am really not alone .   your friend  Jerry from Ohio  

I think you should contact Hannity and COlmes.. it's one thing that Fox gets right and they hate, hate emminent domain.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »

Good Idea Mrs Red.  Maybe some public attention to the matter will help spare another family farm.  Who knows, maybe these people really didn't have a legal leg to stand on with Jerry and took advantage of him.  Maybe with some public awareness, they'll take a second look at what they did.

Maine, born and raised!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »

Jerry - I am so sorry to hear this.  My heart breaks for you.  God does have you in the palm of His hands.  Keep the faith.  He will not leave you.  You are not alone in this. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.  (((((HUGS))))).

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »

I am so sorry to hear this, Jerry. Sad
Sending lots of hugs your way. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I'm in agreement with the other monkeys that when God closes doors, he opens another one in our lives. The new doors that gets opened up turns out to be alot better for our lives and walk with God.
I am hoping for something beautiful to come out of this and for you to be Blessed so abundantly, Jerry.

Roos~

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"
[

Well all Thank you EVERYONE  that prayed and or even thought about me during during the
largest crisis in my life that ai have ever faced .
   But now it is over ,  the court ruled that the predator buyer could and did stay within all the guide lines for our county and state laws and that since he has the cash and I did not and couldn't raise most of it that the sale did go thru .
    I am in sort of shock and very numb but I never thought that for a lousy $ 22,000 dollars that they could and did sell my family farm away from me after my being here 56 years  and the family owning it for 150 years .
   I am not sure what I am going to do now I  will have 30 days after Monday  to figure that out,  
  How to move a farms worth of equipment and the like in 30 days  will be a real miracle.
  About all I can say now is that for some reason that I can't understand, God  didn't want me here any longer is all I can figure .
    I still have faith ,and still believe, but this was a terrible blow and am not sure why but it was left up to him ( I had placed it in Gods hands early this week when I could not do any more on my own . ) and he said no and I just have to accept that as his decision and I will try to move on and start again i guess .
Thanks again everyone  for all your support  you all mean a lot to me with you all I am really not alone .   your friend  Jerry from Ohio  

I think you should contact Hannity and COlmes.. it's one thing that Fox gets right and they hate, hate emminent domain.

good idea - and I don't know what part of Ohio you are in, but Bill Cunningham of WLW in Cinncinnati also hates emminent domain. You might contact him as well.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »

Jerry,  was the land taken through eminent domain or through tax sale?

If you had the option to pay the $22,000 then it sounds as though it was taken through tax sale which may give you the opportunity to take title back with the payment of $22,000 + next 12 month taxes & interest (local ordinance sets) back from this predator.  There is a legal term for this but I can't remember right now but will try to find out tomorrow.

Did mention this earlier in the NH discussion thread but if this option is available to you then you may want to find a private investor that would pay this plus maybe a bit extra for you & take it back from the swine predator.

This information should be available to you through the Tax Collector's Office & the State Law's that are in place over the Tax Sale procedure authority granted the municipalities.

The Swine predator may have requested the rezoning prior to his willingness to purchase through tax sale, which of course the locality was happy to oblige & he may have lined one or two pockets to get them to rezone for his purposes, but if it was through Tax Sale then please find out what the State Law does to protect you.  Do you have any younger, financially able persons in your family that may be interested in reclaiming the land?

There are often times open space exemptions allowed to keep the space open at a lower tax rate which is then recalculated to full tax rate when the land is sold, that may be involved also.  It just takes a delinquency to make one vulnerable to the greedy, but had the local board not rezoned then he would not have wanted the land.

You should be able to find out what options are yours without use of a local attorney through your own resources.  Get your hands on the local ordinances regarding Tax Sale & those State Laws & any words that you are unsure of look up in a legal dictionary.  If you have any questions after that I would suggest calling a Tax Collector from another county that you may find is helpful as they wouldn't have a vested interest in your case.

Your own Tax Collector may even be compassionate with you.  Tax Collector's have hearts sometimes but you just would want to keep  that a secret from anybody to protect the person from retalliation of local politicians.  The Tax Assessor may even be helpful as it normally is the Tax Asssessor who calculates the increased tax due to rezoning from open space to buildable real estate.  You just have to be your charming self & ask for some help from knowlegable people.  Be resourceful.

Please let us know.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 12:52:53 AM »

Jerry.. I am sorry to  hear the news.  Sad  dang.
big hugs to you sweety.  we love yah.
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.