March 19, 2024, 02:43:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517833 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117384/Police-turn-high-school-missing-California-teen-day-finding-cell-phone-field.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Police turn to the high school of missing California teen a day after finding her cell phone in a field
March 19, 2012

::snipping2::
Miss Lamar's mother, Marlene Lamar, who is divorced from her father but said to be equally cooperating with police, confirmed the same view about her daughter.

On Sunday police discovered her cell phone a few miles from her home by its electronic ping. Its charger was found in her bedroom.

Her mother had initially called it when her school reported her as not having attended classes but she found that it was turned off, prompting her to notify police that evening.
According to reports from the sheriff's department her mother is the last one known to have seen her at their home she moved into last October.

She took a photo of her daughter on her cell phone before she left Friday morning, capturing her smiling with her tongue out at the camera. That photo has been submitted to police in help of finding her.

At 6am, Miss Lamar had a half-mile walk to the school bus stop ahead of her, but the bus driver claims to have never seen her, nor fellow students. Police dogs also lost her scent at the driveway of her home.
Photos and Video at Link

Evidence: With that field close to this road, pictured, police suspect it may have been tossed there from a passing car

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/santa-clara-sheriffs-dept-searching-missing-teen/nLWgf/

In this article it states she usually catches the bus before dawn!  I have often thought before dawn pick ups were so unsafe.  Wonder if she is the only rider at this stop.  I don't know her parents working status but I have never ever let my child wait for a bus alone nor get off without his Dad, me or the sitter when younger! There are cases where it has to be done but today their is no safe place for a child.  I only hope they are able to ping her phone some.

In your above link, it says that she left her house at 6:00am that day when she went missing. When I looked at her tweet on the 16th, it says she tweeted at 6:29am. Where was she?

https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh

Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh

YES RT @AlexiaIsom: When I see Her my inner black girl comes out😡😠👊
6:29 AM - 16 Mar 12 via web · Details

When I clicked on @AlexiaIsom, it gave me a message that the user doesn't exist. Deleted account maybe?

13 Mar
Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh  Reply  Retweet  Favorite • Open
So um like... Where the f**k is my bus cuz its cold

This post made me think she was posting to her twitter from where the bus picks her up, so maybe she posted that as she was leaving to go to the bus pickup point?

In reading more about the phone on different twitters last night, it was mentioned that the phone that was found was in a field and they suggested maybe someone had thrown it out while driving down the road?  I'm wondering if the location was in the general direction of Freemont and that is why they extended the search to there?

It is confusing why some were posting that Sierra's mother didn't recognize the phone.  I was thinking today maybe her chip was taken out of her phone and put in another phone before getting rid of it...if someone knew the ping would be tracked?  I don't know why they would do that unless maybe her phone was a better phone and they wanted it, but wanted to get rid of the  chip that could be tracked?  Just a thought...

There were several comments about police talking to some friends of Sierra's, and a private investigator asking for a list of the top five people Sierra talks to the most.

And a few more comments about whether or not the phone was hers...looks to me like some think it is...and some maybe not.

https://twitter.com/#!/breannahailey

texasmom: Good find! BBM

Did you look at the time on that tweet? It say 7:31am.

Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh

So um like... Where the f*** is my bus cuz its cold
7:31 AM - 13 Mar 12 via txt · Details

But look at this....... On the day she went missing, the last tweet was at 6:29am via the web. That means she was on a computer. NOT on her cell phone.

The March 13th call at 7:31am at the bus stop says via txt which means she was using her cell phone.

So, why were the parents saying she left at 6:00am? That message the day she left was from a computer. Not a cell phone. Her bus appears to pick her up at approximately 7:30am?

JMO

Thanks Sassifras!

Twitter and posting there are things I'm not very familiar with at all, as you can probably tell.

I realize this may be a silly question, hoping I won't need to dodge nanners.   Laughing

Could someone access the internet with their cell phone and post a tweet causing the "via the web" distinction?  I'm asking because I know you can text to twitter, but if you are looking at your twitter page on your cell phone can you also post to your page from your cell within that same window?

Not that it even matters, just wondering. 

texasmom:  BBM

Actually no. Every app, whether it be FB, twitter, etc., recognizes where it came from. Those apps were built and structured to define it's source. So, bottom line, the source of the twitter and/or FB post is what it is. It's either mobile txt or the web (computer).

Btw, you're a great sleuther. You really dig in the details! I always read your post'. I don't use twitter but I've learned if you click on certain things, I find answers. LOL.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/police-find-missing-california-teen-sierra-lamars-cellphone/
Police Find Missing California Teen Sierra LaMar’s Cellphone
March 19, 2012

Video at Link

Thanks MuffyBee, I'm posting a few things from your link.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/police-find-missing-california-teen-sierra-lamars-cellphone/

Mar 19, 2012 5:46pm
Police Find Missing California Teen Sierra LaMar’s Cellphone

Authorities say they found the cellphone of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, a missing California teenager, late Saturday night on the side of a road about a mile away from her home in Morgan Hills, California. Public information officer Sgt. Jose Cordoza of the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office said search and rescue personal found the phone turned off, and they are doing a forensic search for more clues.  The charger for the cell phone was found in her room at home.

LaMar was last reported seen by her mother at 6 a.m. before she left for school last Friday morning. Her mother then left for work and did not actually see Sierra leave the house.

Sierra’s father, Steve LaMar, told ABC News he has no reason to believe she was planning on running away. He said there was “nothing out of the ordinary” about her behavior before her disappearance. He spoke to her Thursday evening and she asked him to make an upcoming hair appointment for her.

“I talked to Sierra on the phone Thursday night. She was happy, talking to me about homework. She was asking me to make an appointment so she could dye her hair. She was happy,” LaMar told ABC News.

Sgt. Cordoza told ABC News they are strictly regarding this as a missing person case.

Steve LaMar still lives in Fremont, California, where Sierra lived until October when she moved with her mother and transferred to Sobrata High School in Morgan Hills. The parents are divorced but both have been cooperative throughout the investigation, said police.

Sierra’s father told ABC News she loves listening to music and used to dance competitively. He said was a cheerleader at her old school and loves being around her friends.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117384/Police-turn-high-school-missing-California-teen-day-finding-cell-phone-field.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Police turn to the high school of missing California teen a day after finding her cell phone in a field
March 19, 2012

Miss Lamar's mother, Marlene Lamar, who is divorced from her father but said to be equally cooperating with police, confirmed the same view about her daughter.

On Sunday police discovered her cell phone a few miles from her home by its electronic ping. Its charger was found in her bedroom.

Her mother had initially called it when her school reported her as not having attended classes but she found that it was turned off, prompting her to notify police that evening.
According to reports from the sheriff's department her mother is the last one known to have seen her at their home she moved into last October.

She took a photo of her daughter on her cell phone before she left Friday morning, capturing her smiling with her tongue out at the camera. That photo has been submitted to police in help of finding her.

At 6am, Miss Lamar had a half-mile walk to the school bus stop ahead of her, but the bus driver claims to have never seen her, nor fellow students. Police dogs also lost her scent at the driveway of her home.
Photos and Video at Link

Evidence: With that field close to this road, pictured, police suspect it may have been tossed there from a passing car

Hmmm... that's a bit odd Muffy. If she left at 6am and walked a half mile, tweeted at 6:29am, what happened previously? I use to walk a half mile to school and it only took me 15 minutes.

Maybe she was picked up by a friend, went to their home and tweeted from their computer? Perhaps jokenly, the friend through the phone out and she went to their home, which is when she tweeted?

I don't know, just trying to think like a teenager. Boy, that was a longggg time ago. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »

Eek! meant threw on the previous post.

So the mom didn't actually "see her leave"? Thanks for the link info!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »

I just don't know either Sassi.  We only have bits and pieces of information, and it doesn't seem some of that is confirmed. Like you guys, I've been trying to go through articles to see if there's any tidbits of information that others may not have.  But then sometimes the articles aren't always correct either. Timelines are really important, but there seems to be some slack in the one in this case, at this point, imo.   IKWYM about thinking like a teenager.  It's been a while, to say the least.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/santa-clara-sheriffs-dept-searching-missing-teen/nLWgf/

In this article it states she usually catches the bus before dawn!  I have often thought before dawn pick ups were so unsafe.  Wonder if she is the only rider at this stop.  I don't know her parents working status but I have never ever let my child wait for a bus alone nor get off without his Dad, me or the sitter when younger! There are cases where it has to be done but today their is no safe place for a child.  I only hope they are able to ping her phone some.

In your above link, it says that she left her house at 6:00am that day when she went missing. When I looked at her tweet on the 16th, it says she tweeted at 6:29am. Where was she?

Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh

YES RT @AlexiaIsom: When I see Her my inner black girl comes out😡😠👊
6:29 AM - 16 Mar 12 via web · Details

When I clicked on @AlexiaIsom, it gave me a message that the user doesn't exist. Deleted account maybe?

13 Mar
Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh  Reply  Retweet  Favorite • Open
So um like... Where the f**k is my bus cuz its cold

This post made me think she was posting to her twitter from where the bus picks her up, so maybe she posted that as she was leaving to go to the bus pickup point?

In reading more about the phone on different twitters last night, it was mentioned that the phone that was found was in a field and they suggested maybe someone had thrown it out while driving down the road?  I'm wondering if the location was in the general direction of Freemont and that is why they extended the search to there?

It is confusing why some were posting that Sierra's mother didn't recognize the phone.  I was thinking today maybe her chip was taken out of her phone and put in another phone before getting rid of it...if someone knew the ping would be tracked?  I don't know why they would do that unless maybe her phone was a better phone and they wanted it, but wanted to get rid of the  chip that could be tracked?  Just a thought...

There were several comments about police talking to some friends of Sierra's, and a private investigator asking for a list of the top five people Sierra talks to the most.

And a few more comments about whether or not the phone was hers...looks to me like some think it is...and some maybe not.

https://twitter.com/#!/breannahailey

texasmom: Good find! BBM

Did you look at the time on that tweet? It say 7:31am.

Sierra LaMar ‏ @cccairuh

So um like... Where the f*** is my bus cuz its cold
7:31 AM - 13 Mar 12 via txt · Details

But look at this....... On the day she went missing, the last tweet was at 6:29am via the web. That means she was on a computer. NOT on her cell phone.

The March 13th call at 7:31am at the bus stop says via txt which means she was using her cell phone.

So, why were the parents saying she left at 6:00am? That message the day she left was from a computer. Not a cell phone. Her bus appears to pick her up at approximately 7:30am?

JMO

Thanks Sassifras!

Twitter and posting there are things I'm not very familiar with at all, as you can probably tell.

I realize this may be a silly question, hoping I won't need to dodge nanners.   Laughing

Could someone access the internet with their cell phone and post a tweet causing the "via the web" distinction?  I'm asking because I know you can text to twitter, but if you are looking at your twitter page on your cell phone can you also post to your page from your cell within that same window?

Not that it even matters, just wondering. 

texasmom:  BBM

Actually no. Every app, whether it be FB, twitter, etc., recognizes where it came from. Those apps were built and structured to define it's source. So, bottom line, the source of the twitter and/or FB post is what it is. It's either mobile txt or the web (computer).

Btw, you're a great sleuther. You really dig in the details! I always read your post'. I don't use twitter but I've learned if you click on certain things, I find answers. LOL.

Thanks for the info, and the compliment Sassifras!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »

I think I found Alexia Isom from Google and her Jan Tweets.

Alexia Isom ‏ @yaboilexxer    · Details
@f4ggg0t I'm by you! I'm at my aunts house haha

Sierra LaMar
‏ @cccairuh
 Follow
@AlexiaIsom duuuude ahaha the one day im not in morgan hill!
6:11 PM - 21 Jan 12 via web · Embed this Tweet
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/f4ggg0t/statuses/160877304036343809

Edit to add hyperlink. MB

When I was looking at maps yesterday, I thought it could be scary to walk half a mile to the bus pickup, especially if it was before daylight out there.  It's mostly fields, one area is marked a grass farm...lots of wide open space.  If I had it mapped correctly, at the intersection of Dougherty and Palm where the first reports said she went missing...there is nothing!

I found this from 19h ago

http://twitter.com/#!/yaboilexxer/status/181607907010412546

19h Julissa Soto ‏ @ayeitsjulissa    · Details
One thing I gotta say is Morgan Hill is some scary ass place. #FindSierra

Alexia Isom
‏ @yaboilexxer
 Follow
@ayeitsjulissa that's what I'm saying the whole news is about that area
12:07 AM - 19 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
@yaboilexxer yeah! I know how scary it is out there i use to live there! just hope shes fine and safe
19h Alexia Isom ‏ @yaboilexxer    · Details
@ayeitsjulissa she will be!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »

http://**-area-news/ci_20207804/morgan-hill-missing-girls-cell-phone-found-half

Morgan Hill: Missing girl's cell phone found three-quarters of a mile from her home

By Mark Gomez mgomez@mercurynews.com
Posted:   03/19/2012 01:34:35 PM PDT
Updated:   03/19/2012 05:32:03 PM PDT

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which led the weekend search efforts for 15-year-old Sierra Lamar, on Monday morning confirmed the girl's cell found was discovered Saturday shortly before 7 p.m. about three-quarters of a mile from her house at Dougherty and Palm avenues, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

Sierra's phone was located at the northeast corner of Scheller Avenue and Santa Teresa Boulevard. Investigators are examining the cell phone and Sierra's computer. They are also interviewing students at Sobrato High School and Fremont's Washington High School, where Sierra attended before transferring to Sobrato last fall.

The sheriff's Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Task Force is also contacting registered sex offenders living in the south county area to determine where they were at the time Sierra disappeared.

::snipping2:: MB
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:13:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Klaas or MuffyBee, I didn't notice that link until after I'd posted.  If I didn't snip enough, please fix it for me.

TIA   Embarassed

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 09:20:49 PM »

Sierra LaMar
‏ @cccairuh
 Follow
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

When I was looking at maps yesterday, I thought it could be scary to walk half a mile to the bus pickup, especially if it was before daylight out there.  It's mostly fields, one area is marked a grass farm...lots of wide open space.  If I had it mapped correctly, at the intersection of Dougherty and Palm where the first reports said she went missing...there is nothing!

Alexia Isom
‏ @yaboilexxer
 Follow
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
@yaboilexxer yeah! I know how scary it is out there i use to live there! just hope shes fine and safe

texasmom: I thought this was a suburban area. Does this mean that she had to walk through scary fields to get to the bus stop?

Something is odd about all of this.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Sierra LaMar
‏ @cccairuh
 Follow
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Alexia Isom
‏ @yaboilexxer
 Follow
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Wait a minute. Alexia changed her twitter account ID. Why?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »

Unless someone stalked her online activity and knew that she would be out there alone, or had seen her waiting for the bus...it didn't look like an area where there would be a lot of traffic.  Workers for the few places I saw on the map possibly, or those that live in the area.  I hope they're checking all of the workers, and knocking on neighbors doors!

If she had been stalked, it seems odd to me that they would pick her up at her driveway...unless they watched from somewhere for her mom to leave...acted lost or something...asking directions?  It just seems grabbing her there, may have left the opportunity for her to run back to the house?  How would they know no one was home to hear her scream?  I'm not sure of this, but one shot I saw of what I think was the house looks like it was at the end of a road.  There was a sign that said "End" in the footage.

IMO, IF it was a stranger abduction; they had to be watching for a while.

Just some thoughts...

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »

Alexia was the last person to have contact with her on the day she went missing, via twitter. Then she deletes that account and starts a new one? Why is that? Just saying...

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »

Unless someone stalked her online activity and knew that she would be out there alone, or had seen her waiting for the bus...it didn't look like an area where there would be a lot of traffic.  Workers for the few places I saw on the map possibly, or those that live in the area.  I hope they're checking all of the workers, and knocking on neighbors doors!

If she had been stalked, it seems odd to me that they would pick her up at her driveway...unless they watched from somewhere for her mom to leave...acted lost or something...asking directions?  It just seems grabbing her there, may have left the opportunity for her to run back to the house?  How would they know no one was home to hear her scream?  I'm not sure of this, but one shot I saw of what I think was the house looks like it was at the end of a road.  There was a sign that said "End" in the footage.

IMO, IF it was a stranger abduction; they had to be watching for a while.

Just some thoughts...

BBM 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »

I'm really not good with maps, so maybe I don't have this right?

But this is what I come up with, using the street names that were given.

Palm Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA
Dougherty Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA

If this is a true map of the location, it would help to know where the house is.  If the bus picked her up at that intersection, there's nothing there.

I guess if she could cut through a field, that may have served as a shortcut; but it's hard to know what route until I can figure out where the house is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=morgan+hills+ca+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x809ae096321537f5:0xbfb72086feb9bae2,Morgan+Hills,+CA&gl=us&ei=XNxnT43wNafDsQL6z9GrCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQ8gEwAA

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »

March 19, 2012

Photos and Video at Link

Hmmm... that's a bit odd Muffy. If she left at 6am and walked a half mile, tweeted at 6:29am, what happened previously? I use to walk a half mile to school and it only took me 15 minutes.

Maybe she was picked up by a friend, went to their home and tweeted from their computer? Perhaps jokenly, the friend through the phone out and she went to their home, which is when she tweeted?

I don't know, just trying to think like a teenager. Boy, that was a longggg time ago. 

The above statement stands out to me (bold)...how many students SHOULD have been at the bus stop?  The bus drivers states that Sierra was not there nor the other students...I wonder if that occurs often or it was seen as odd?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »

This is Alexia Isom's Twitter page, and you can go back to Friday morning and before.  I don't think it's been changed.

It looks to me like Sierra retweeted Alexia's tweet from that morning?  jmo

Maybe it just wasn't working this morning?  I don't know.  I hadn't tried to see her page until now, too many other irons in the fire so to speak.  I just went with what others reported about it, but it seems to be up now.

https://twitter.com/#!/yaboilexxer

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »

Something about Alexia is throwing me off. She deleted her original twitter page and started a new one. She doesn't realize that just because you delete it, it stays on the server and on her hard drive.

I think this is her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000050558168

Personally, I think that Sierra is in trouble. It doesn't look good.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

This is Alexia Isom's Twitter page, and you can go back to Friday morning and before.  I don't think it's been changed.

It looks to me like Sierra retweeted Alexia's tweet from that morning?  jmo

Maybe it just wasn't working this morning?  I don't know.  I hadn't tried to see her page until now, too many other irons in the fire so to speak.  I just went with what others reported about it, but it seems to be up now.

https://twitter.com/#!/yaboilexxer

So did she have 2 twitter account? I'm confused.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.