March 19, 2024, 02:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517828 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »

You know the one thing that has been bothering me in this case? The fact that she didn't have her inhaler with her. I have asthma and would never leave the house without it and per her mothers statement, she always had it with her. It just doesn't make sense. 

I agree sassifrass.   

I only need an inhaler occasionally, once or twice a year (if that) but I always have one with me, and keep an extra in my bedroom in case I should wake up and need it during the night.  If you've ever been to the point of NEEDING an inhaler, you don't want to take a chance of being without it.  Especially this time of the year.

But, if Sierra left the house to go to the bus stop as usual and was abducted outside of the house...and her inhaler was found in the house...that means she left it there, right?

It seems to me like that would/could have been one of the "usual" items found in her purse?  If she didn't keep it in her purse, but always had it with her; how common was it for her to forget to get it before she left?  Considering the distance Marlene traveled to work, it doesn't seem like it would have been convenient to have to go home and take it to her. 

I do know that some schools won't allow the students to carry an inhaler, so did she have one at the nurse's office of her school to use if she needed it during school hours?  If that's the case, what would she do if she needed it during the walk to or from the bus stop?

Still makes me wonder IF something happened BEFORE she ever left the house...

Sorry if this post seems rambling, but this is something that I've thought about a lot too since I heard the comment from Rick and Marlene about her having asthma and being without her inhaler(s).

tm: You were not rambling at all. Typically if a student needs to carry a script, in this case an inhaler, it just takes a doctors note. I don't know how bad her asthma is but I'm sure that if she has experienced an "episode", she knows to take it with her ALL of the time.

ITA with you that it is a big possibility that something happened to her prior to going to the bus stop. The SAR dogs lost their scent at the end of the driveway.

I know Janet has been questioning the parents, specifically the mothers BF, whether he or she had anything to do with this. She may have a point.

I don't feel the mom had anything to do with Sierra's disappearance, but the BF, I'm not sure. The fact that he was "liking" that dating site is questionable. Someone stated that maybe he met Siera's mom there. I don't think so. They were in the same High School class and graduated together. So they already knew each other. Something just doesn't add up IMO.

Sassifras,
I've had questions about Rick since I found out about him (big red flag for me), even though the police say he is not as suspect; I still have questions.  I may not repeatedly post about them, but they are still there as they were when I posted them.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514148#msg1514148

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514160#msg1514160
(At the time I posted this, I thought the other "Rick" that is a FB friend of Marlene's might be the boyfriend, found out later that HE IS NOT.  The comment about the same High School's was in reference to Marlene and the other FB friend, Rick)

I sincerely apologize if I caused confusion over the High School's that Marlene and her BF Rick attended.   

According to their facebook accounts Marlene and her BF Rick Gardiner DID NOT attend the same High Schools.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1130073699

Rick Gardiner

High School   

Crestmoor High School

Crestmoor High, San Bruno, CA

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1370561642

Marlene Lamar

High School   

Milpitas High School
Class of 1978

I think Milpitas may be a suburb of San Jose, I don't know how close that is to San Bruno or if they may have known each other by some other means during their HS years?

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:09 PM »

I meant to say "not a suspect"

See, I even has trouble typing that!    Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

See, I even had trouble typing that!    Monkey Devil!

Time for a break!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

Time for a break!   

Here, have one of these 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

http://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7Htm7?psid=0899fbbdb7e84aa78c015cbda6ef7c0d

The Sierra LaMar Fund

byDanielle LaMar

On March 16, 2012 Sierra LaMar went missing from Morgan Hill, CA. Since this day, her family and friends have been desperately searching for her. This fund was established to help with this search and recovery effort and to fund a reward for information leading to her recovery and conviction of anyone responsible for her disappearance. Her family is thankful for anything you can give. Thank You.

Show less

$1,320 raised (in 7 hours)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »

Time for a break!   

Here, have one of these 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »

Ok, I don't know who said they both graduated the same year at the same school, but I guess I got confused. 

There is still something about this guy that I don't feel right about, just as you tm. Why isn't Marlena saying anything about him. I know LE has supposedly "cleared" him, but if it's not him, who?

I can't get over that she left without her inhaler. Also, reading through her tweets, she is a BIG make-up and clothes fan. No make-up in the bag? Although it's possible that LE just didn't mention it also.

What happened to this girl? She seems pretty spunky, enough to fight someone off but if she had an asthma attack, well that would leave her helpless.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

One other thing..... she mentioned in her tweets quite a few times that she hated walking, although she would go for runs. She would call people to get her rides to places. Quite ironic; she loves to run but dislikes having to walk to her destinations.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2012%2F03%2F27%2FBATI1NR2VL.DTL

Deputies treat case of missing teen as kidnapping

Vivian Ho

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

(03-27) 17:16 PDT Morgan Hill -- Detectives searching for a 15-year-old girl who went missing 12 days ago near her South Bay home have ruled out the possibility that she left home voluntarily and are treating the case as a likely kidnapping, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office.

Hundreds of volunteers embarked on the first of many searches on Tuesday for clues into the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, and detectives urged residents to report any suspicious activity that took place around or after March 16, the day she was last seen.

"We feel the keys to the resolution in this case are in our community," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Investigators said they ruled out the possibility that Sierra left on her own after interviews with her friends and family revealed that she had no history of running away and no family issues.

::snipping2::

Although such developments are ominous in a case that has turned up little to no leads as to her whereabouts, the community should stay positive and keep looking, said Marc Klaas, who heads the KlaasKids Foundation and organized the volunteer search effort.

He said police had less evidence at this point in the investigation for his missing 12-year-old daughter Polly, who was kidnapped and killed by career criminal Richard Allen Davis in 1993, and that there's still a chance of bringing Sierra home.

"It's moving forward," he said. "It's just a matter of law enforcement continuing their investigation, and we're trying to relieve some of that responsibility."

Almost 600 people volunteered to help in the search efforts Tuesday, including Michael Le, whose sister Michelle went missing in May. Her body was found by volunteer search teams in September.

The search will continue from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. for the rest of the week, beginning at Burnett Elementary School in Morgan Hill with experts training volunteers in what to look for and how to avoid tainting evidence if they do find something.

Klaas said he fully supports the sheriff's statement about the keys to the case being within the community. He said Sierra's home was in a secluded area of Santa Clara County, where suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary activity would be highly noticeable.

"People just need to continue to keep hope alive," Klaas said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: March 27, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »

Ok, I don't know who said they both graduated the same year at the same school, but I guess I got confused. 

There is still something about this guy that I don't feel right about, just as you tm. Why isn't Marlena saying anything about him. I know LE has supposedly "cleared" him, but if it's not him, who?

I can't get over that she left without her inhaler. Also, reading through her tweets, she is a BIG make-up and clothes fan. No make-up in the bag? Although it's possible that LE just didn't mention it also.

What happened to this girl? She seems pretty spunky, enough to fight someone off but if she had an asthma attack, well that would leave her helpless.

Wish I knew the answers to those questions too Sassifras...

I hope I'm wrong, but my gut feeling if shared probably wouldn't help "keep hope alive".

Crying or Very sad

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/03/26/websleuths-radio

I hadn't heard this before...

According to Mark Klaas on Websleuths radio last night, Sierra's mom had her going to a counselor to help with the transition after moving to Morgan Hill.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/millertrips?sk=wall

Tonya Dahlberg Miller
Please re-post this!!! Sierra's mom is my friend and her daughter is missing! Call my cell phone xxx-xxx-xxxx (edited phone number) if anyone knows anything! Last night at 11:20pm, we received a phone call (recorded message) from the Sheriffs Dept. Missing local juvenile female. Name, Sierra Lamar (not certain on the spelling). Described as a white female, 15 years old. 5ft 2. 110lbs. Last seen at 6am yesterday morning wearing gray shoes, clothing description not included. If you have information regarding her whereabouts, please call 911. Hoping she is safe and back home soon.
Share · March 17 at 12:13pm near Morgan Hill, CA ·

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »

LaMar Family Announces Sierra LaMar Fund
Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012  |  Updated 7:01 PM PDT

The family of Sierra LaMar, the teenager who went missing on March 16, announced today they have opened a fund to help pay for search and rescue efforts.

The fund will also go towards a reward associated with information leading to the girl's recovery.

The family respectfully requests the public's help in contributing to the fund and may donate to the Sierra LaMar Fund at any Chase Bank or online via the the Fundrazr link on this Facebook Page.

<sniped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/LaMar-Family-Announces-Sierra-LaMar-Fund-144481855.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: March 27, 2012, 11:21:27 PM »

The Search Effort

In the process of elimination ... in the pursuit of truth ... were the adults in Sierra's life requested to take a polygraph?  Were vehicles seized and forensically tested?  Were cell phone and computer records analyzed?  Were related residences/properties forensically searched?  Were construction sites with a connection to BF searched?  Were alibis confirmed?  If not; why not?

Not only does Justice for Sierra demands that all avenues of investigation are pursued ... the safety of searchers must be considered.  If there is a possibility that a deceased Sierra was placed in a vehicle and taken from her home sometime during the day of March 16th .... the search effort is for naught.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »

A Collaborated Script?

Mom

NANCY GRACE
Aired March 23, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: That morning, what, if anything, was she talking about? What was she saying? Or did you even get to talk to her in the rush to get to work?

LAMAR: It was just a routine day. She was going to -- you know, she was, you know, getting ready for school. But the previous evening, on Thursday evening, she was excited about doing an English paper for her classroom and doing the research on it. And so, you know, she was -- the last long conversation as far as academically, she was talking about that last night. I mean, not last night...

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Sister

The stuff of nightmares sets in for family of missing Morgan Hill girl
 03/21/2012 10:23:55 PM PDT

<snipped>

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."

<snipped>

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20223645/father-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

Dad

Sierra Lamar: Friends, Family Hold Vigil For Missing California Teen
March 24, 2012

<snipped>

Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, said he had no reason to believe Sierra was planning to run away.

He talked to her the day before she was reported missing, and she was "happy, talking to me about homework.

"She was asking me to make an appointment so she could dye her hair," Steve LaMar said. "She wouldn't miss that appointment — if you knew my daughter."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-search-missing-california-teen-ramps/story?id=15992967

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: March 28, 2012, 12:08:20 AM »

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/detectives-believe-missing-teen-was-abducted-by-suspect-with-morgan-hill-connections

Sheriff: Missing Teen Likely Abducted by Suspect with Morgan Hill Connections

Detectives say Sierra LaMar was likely abducted by someone familiar with the Morgan Hill area or community, new evidence could be uncovered from Sierra's clothing.

By Corinne Speckert Email the author 5:40 pm

Sheriff’s Investigators now believe it’s highly unlikely that Sierra LaMar ran away from home and will begin concentrating their investigative efforts on the possibility that the missing Morgan Hill teen was involuntary taken from her residence, Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday afternoon.

“That covers [ideas that] she was possibly abducted, possibly kidnapped, or she could of went to meet someone voluntarily and during the course was taken at that time,” he said.

The changing treatment of the LaMar case is based on several factors, like interviews with Sierra’s relatives and friends, evidence located, the LaMar family’s background, as well as Sierra’s background—she doesn’t have any negative family issues or runaway history.

“Investigators have enough background info about her and are like, "'It’s not adding up, she wouldn’t run away,’” Cardoza said. “She actually made plans for that weekend and then she disappeared, so there’s no indication that she was going to run away.”

Police are urging South County residents to focus their efforts on Morgan Hill, reasoning that a possible suspect would likely have been familiar with the area and community, even if they currently don’t reside there. 

“The investigators’ logic is that whether or not she’s still in the Morgan Hill or Fremont area, it’s obvious she disappeared from home, so at this point the involuntary aspect that they’re now starting to explore originates in Morgan Hill,” Cardoza said.

Community members are being asked to report suspicious activity observed from neighbors, co-workers and others. People to keep an eye out for include those who have recently changed their appearance, taken interest in the case or who have purposely avoided the case. People calling in sick or who have recently cleaned their vehicle in an excessive manner are also of interest.

Although there’s no new evidence or new significant information, Cardoza said additional evidence could be uncovered from the clothing in Sierra’s Juicy bag that was located on Sunday. Authorities announced Wednesday that a pair of pants and a shirt were found neatly folded in the teen’s bag.

“We had to confirm through Sierra’s family that it was in fact her clothes. We had to do some additional forensic testing. Some investigative steps have to take place before we could make that information public, he said.

The Juicy bag and clothing were sent to the county’s crime lab for further forensic testing, which will include examinations for DNA, visible prints and any additional traces of evidence that may have come across Sierra’s clothing, like hair fibers. Crime lab results aren’t expected to be released for a while because of the number of items sent to the lab and the time it takes to properly examine them.

Detectives haven’t been able to confirm whether the clothes found in Sierra’s bag on March 18 are the same items worn the day she went missing. However, Cardoza said a Twitter photo tweeted the day of Sierra’s disappearance depicts the teen wearing a black shirt that appears similar to the one located in her bag.

“The shirt resembles the shirt she tweeted the Friday she went missing at 6:29 a.m., but we can’t confirm that’s the same shirt,” he said. “Even if she sent that picture we don’t know if it was from that time. It could have been a prior picture that she had on her phone for whatever reason.”

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: March 28, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »

Who put that San Jose Sharks shirt in the Juicy bag ... the San jose Sharks shirt that Sierra had put on after her mother left for work on the morning of March 16th?  Will the San Jose Sharks shirt be the smoking gun?

Janet

+++++

Sierra's Clothes

NANCY GRACE
Purse of Missing California Cheerleader Found
Aired March 23, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE:  Here`s my big question right there. Ms. LaMar, do you know what she was wearing that morning? Can you recall what she had on?

LAMAR: No, because she was still wearing her pajamas, you know, before I left for work.

GRACE: OK. Have police told you what the clothes were in her pocketbook?

LAMAR: No. No.

GRACE: OK. I`m just wondering if they were the clothes that she had on when she left that morning? Were they clothes she was going to change into after school?

LAMAR: I did not see what she was wearing before she left for school that morning.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Roadblock Set in Sierra LaMar Search
Friday, Mar 23, 2012

<snipped>

NBC Bay Area has learned new information about Sierra's personal belongings found in a field not far from her home.

One of those items is a San Jose Sharks shirt, very similar to what she was wearing last Friday morning in a photo she took on her home computer.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Roadblock-Set-in-Sierra-Lamar-Search-143968486.html

Father of missing California teen is ‘desperate for any clue’
updated 1 hour 27 minutes ago 2012-03-26T13:14:24

The airing Monday, her father, Steve LaMar, told NBC’s Kristen Dahlgren: “I’m desperate right now. I’m desperate for any, any clue.”

<snipped>

So far, the only pieces of evidence found have been Sierra’s cell phone and her Juicy purse, found alongside the road just miles from her home with her clothes folded neatly inside. Authorities believe they are the same clothes Sierra was wearing in a picture she took the morning she disappeared.

<snipped>

VIDEO
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46854793/ns/today-today_people/t/father-missing-california-teen-desperate-any-clue/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:41 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/karinanews
Karina Rusk
@karinanews
Anchor/reporter at ABC7 News covering Silicon Valley and the South Bay
San Jose, CA · http://www.abc7news.com 

http://twitter.com/#!/karinanews/status/184788165268221953

Karina Rusk
‏ @karinanews
 Follow
Steve LaMar told us the family did take lie detector tests to help with the investigation into Sierra's disappearance.
6:45 PM - 27 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/karinanews/status/184679881978814465

Karina Rusk ‏ @karinanews Close
Volunteer line still out the door at the Find Sierra Search Center in Morgan Hill." http://yfrog.com/nwj7ormj

from Morgan Hill

California, US

11:34 AM - 27 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.