March 18, 2024, 11:19:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517795 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3606

Update: Family Undergoes FBI Polygraph Test in Sierra Lamar Case

By: Tony Cassara - Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:58:48 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- There are new developments in the search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra Lamar. KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.

Late Wednesday afternoon Sierra Lamar’s mother made a desperate plea asking for her daughters return. Marlene Lamar standing at a podium at the search headquarters said “I would like to put out a personal plea to whoever is holding my daughter against her will, we understand there may have been events that led you to the situation.” Lamar went on to say “we just want her safe return, we are not focusing on getting you in trouble, we just want to end this nightmare.”
 ::snipping2::

interesting choice of words.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
furmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »

Hopefully I get this right this time.     Still hoping for Sierra's safe return.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/sierra-lamar-cops-say-teen-likely-being-held-against-her-will/

Sierra LaMar: Cops Say Teen Likely Being Held Against Her Will
Mar 28, 2012 6:58pm

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza told ABC News today that authorities now believe LaMar, 15, may have been abducted or kidnapped, or that she voluntarily left home but is now being held against her will.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

Hopefully I get this right this time.     Still hoping for Sierra's safe return.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/sierra-lamar-cops-say-teen-likely-being-held-against-her-will/

Sierra LaMar: Cops Say Teen Likely Being Held Against Her Will
Mar 28, 2012 6:58pm

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza told ABC News today that authorities now believe LaMar, 15, may have been abducted or kidnapped, or that she voluntarily left home but is now being held against her will.

Although it isn't a good situation it sounds like there may still be hope for Sierra.  I pray so.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- There are new developments in the search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra Lamar. KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.

Late Wednesday afternoon Sierra Lamar’s mother made a desperate plea asking for her daughters return. Marlene Lamar standing at a podium at the search headquarters said “I would like to put out a personal plea to whoever is holding my daughter against her will, we understand there may have been events that led you to the situation.” Lamar went on to say “we just want her safe return, we are not focusing on getting you in trouble, we just want to end this nightmare.”

Umm.... I thought they already had a poly exam tm? Is the FBI poly different?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #444 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »

http://**/education/ci_20276255/sierra-lamars-disappearance-raises-questions-about-how-schools?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sierra LaMar's disappearance raises questions about how schools notify parents when students don't show up for class

Julia Prodis Sulek
jsulek@mercurynews.com
Posted:   03/28/2012 04:38:12 PM PDT
Updated:   03/28/2012 06:13:48 PM PDT

The day Sierra LaMar failed to get on the school bus at 7:15 a.m., teachers logged her into their computers as absent, hour by hour, throughout the day.

But not until 6 p.m. -- nearly 11 hours later -- did Sobrato High School in Morgan Hill send an automated email and phone call to the mother of the teen who vanished almost two weeks ago. The time lag cost critical search hours and frustrated Marlene LaMar, who drove to the high school that March 16 afternoon hoping her 15-year-old daughter missed the bus home. After more frantic calls to friends and family, she called police 27 minutes after receiving the 6 p.m. email that her daughter never showed up for school.

"They had no idea of the situation before they got that email," Sierra's older sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said of her parents. "Especially in this case, time definitely matters."

In an informal survey of a nine school districts around the Bay Area, from Oakland and Concord to San Jose and Morgan Hill, most wait to notify parents of a child's absence until the end of the day, especially at high schools.

"There's nothing illustrating the flaw in that system more than Sierra's disappearance," said Marc Klaas, whose daughter, Polly, was kidnapped in 1994 from their home in Petaluma and killed. His KlaasKids Foundation is organizing volunteer searchers for Sierra through Sunday.

"Maybe they need to re-evaluate that."

No one knows at this point whether an earlier alert would have made a difference in finding Sierra. But kidnap experts point to one sobering fact: most kidnappers with murderous intentions kill their victims within three hours. On Wednesday, nearly two weeks after Sierra disappeared, investigators began searching waterways in the Morgan Hill area, and about 100 volunteers -- 500 fewer than Tuesday -- fanned out across the Coyote Valley searching for clues.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »

Could someone tell me what their address in Morgan Hills is please. Sorry, I didn't want to scroll through all of the pages. Thanks!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »

Umm.... I thought they already had a poly exam tm? Is the FBI poly different?

Just me thinking here...but I would think the FBI would be performing all of the polygraphs.

No way of knowing until more information comes out, but that's my thinking.

This report said results were not being released.  "Sources" have said they passed in other reports, so who knows?

I think polygraphs are often used as just one more investigative tool, and I am glad that they're being used in this case.

jmo

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

Could someone tell me what their address in Morgan Hills is please. Sorry, I didn't want to scroll through all of the pages. Thanks!

18 is the number, but I'd have to look for that street name again...it's unique for sure.

furmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #448 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:22 PM »

18 Paquita Espana Ct
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »

Thanks furmonkey!   

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #450 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »

18 Paquita Espana Ct

Thank you so much!  I have an idea. I'll let you know.

furmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »

Very welcome! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »

This is a good link someone posted at JQ.  I don't think you can do a overhead view of the property or go onto the area where Sierra's house is, but you can look all around the area by going down the streets.

http://www.vpike.com/?place=18+Paquita+Espana+Ct&submit=Street+View

If you drag the little guy into the street outlined in blue, and drag him along you can stop and look at everything on the way to the bus stop.

I think it's a current view, can't make them out completely...but I think you can see the missing posters at the intersection where Sierra usually waited for the bus.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »

Video at link

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=1535426428001

Sac State sister of missing teen holds fundraiser

Missing 15-year-old Sierra Lamar's sister and her sorority holding fundraiser to continue search efforts and build reward money.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »

This is a good link someone posted at JQ.  I don't think you can do a overhead view of the property or go onto the area where Sierra's house is, but you can look all around the area by going down the streets.

If you drag the little guy into the street outlined in blue, and drag him along you can stop and look at everything on the way to the bus stop.

I think it's a current view, can't make them out completely...but I think you can see the missing posters at the intersection where Sierra usually waited for the bus.

Actually you can click on satellite and see the overhead view, I couldn't figure out how to get it in the big square but it's there.

Just a reminder...I'm not a map person    Confused

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #455 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »

18 Paquita Espana Ct

Thank you so much!  I have an idea. I'll let you know.

I just emailed someone and hopefully will get an answer within the next few days. It may help. Keeping fingers crossed.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #456 on: March 28, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »

Actually you can click on satellite and see the overhead view, I couldn't figure out how to get it in the big square but it's there.

Just a reminder...I'm not a map person    Confused

tm: you're going to get yourself dizzy if you keep crossing your eyes like that! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: March 29, 2012, 02:34:38 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121938/Sierra-LaMar-Missing-girl-15-held-police-say.html

Was Sierra LaMar abducted? Police fear missing girl, 15, 'being held against her will' as fresh clues unravel theory she ran away from home
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 22:19 EST, 28 March 2012 | UPDATED: 22:19 EST, 28 March 2012

After initially allowing for the possibility that Sierra ran away from the home she shared with her mother and her mother's boyfriend, the 40 detectives assigned to the case are saying they now believe it is highly unlikely that she vanished voluntarily.

Their conclusion was based on Sierra not having a history as a runaway or any unusually negative family problems. Interviews with friends and a search of her computer also yielded no information indicating she fled.
Just before 6:30am, when Sierra ordinarily got ready for school, the teenager tweeted. A friend received a routine text message from her about 40 minutes later, the time she usually left home to catch the bus, authorities said.

But investigators have not found anything to signal where to look now.

The MacBook she got for her birthday has not provided any hints about where she might be. The night before she disappeared, she tweeted that she planned to write a school essay about teen depression and suicide. That same week, she tweeted: 'suiiiiicide im tooo aliiiiive kill ya sellf.'

Sierra and her mother have been living in Morgan Hill since October. Tonya Miller, a family friend, said Sierra appeared to have adjusted to the move, briefly joining a private cheerleading club and befriending the daughter of her mother's boyfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121938/Sierra-LaMar-Missing-girl-15-held-police-say.html#ixzz1qU4NSU00
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #459 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

Sadly, you never know who your neighbors are when moving to a new home.  She may've attracted the attention of someone undesirable.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.