March 18, 2024, 10:04:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517784 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #520 on: April 01, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KlaasKIDS-Search-Center-for-Missing-Trafficked-Children/252896698060669

::snipping2::

KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children
6 hours ago
Today is the last scheduled day of the KlaasKiDS' organized search efforts at this time. Searches will continue after today if needed, this does not at all mean the end of all searches for Sierra. We continue to support the efforts to find Sierra and are available for future help. Most importantly, we will continue to support her family through this time. You as a community have responded tremendously well. You're equipped to take this on to bring home one of you're own. Let's make this day count! #FindSierraLaMar

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: April 01, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/klaaskids-harnesses-power-of-the-youth-in-search-for-sierra-lamar

KlaasKids Harnesses Power of the Youth in Search for Sierra LaMar
KlaasKids Foundation volunteers are figuring out ways to incorporate young people in the effort to find the missing Morgan Hill teen.
By Michelle Fitzsimmons
Email the author
 5:00 am

While their parents helped make yesterday’s volunteer searches for Sierra LaMar the largest yet, around 25 youths under age 18 stayed behind in the cafeteria of Burnett Elementary School, scrawling messages like "Find Sierra LaMar" and drawing big pink hearts on posterboard.
Marc Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, said that a recent Gilroy Patch article asking for suggestions on how youths can help in the search has been a boon of ideas for the effort, though more suggestions are always welcome.

“We need more ideas from young people,” Klaas said. “Because [Sierra] hasn’t been found yet, we need to start planning for the long-term and the more ideas we get, the better suited we’ll be to handle what comes our way.”

He said it’s vital to the momentum of the search to keep new ideas coming so those looking for Sierra don’t have to “reinvent the wheel” every day.

Organizers have been particularly struck by suggestions from the public to hold safety assemblies at schools and to release photos of Sierra in which she isn’t smiling.

“Wherever she is, she isn’t smiling now,” Sanchez said. “We’re working on making new posters with her not smiling right now.”

As the community support in the search grows, Joy said that involving young people in the process is critical to preventing something like this from happening again.

"Prevention is the key,” she said. “This is where it starts as far as education. We can teach young people how to protect themselves better.”

Youths under age 18 who wish to participate in the Teen Brigade can arrive anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. today at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Ave. If weather permits, youths may team up to deliver fliers door-to-door or post them throughout Morgan Hill.

Thanks Grace.

Janet

+++++

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: April 01, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sierra-lamar,0,6729674.story
Sierra Lamar: Missing Cheerleader Was Likely Kidnapped, Police Say

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza says authorities now believe LaMar may have been the victim of an acquaintance abduction.

Why has the volunteer search been cancelled ... the volunteer search that continues to have a great response?  Has LE, Steve Lamar, Marlene Lamas, Danielle Lamar and/or the elusive Rick Gardiner spoken to media following the above words of Sgt. Jose Cardoza?  Is the the investigation focusing in another direction ... another direction that implies Sierra is not a runaway ... Sierra was not kidnapped as she dashed out of her home to catch the school bus.? 

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza says authorities now believe LaMar may have been the victim of an acquaintance abduction.

Why has the volunteer search been cancelled ... the volunteer search that continues to have a great response?  Has LE, Steve Lamar, Marlene Lamas, Danielle Lamar and/or the elusive Rick Gardiner spoken to media following the above words of Sgt. Jose Cardoza?  Is the the investigation focusing in another direction ... another direction that implies Sierra is not a runaway ... Sierra was not kidnapped as she dashed out of her home to catch the school bus.? 

Janet

Maybe called of for the week since I assume many volunteers have jobs during the week?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Alex-Smith-Joins-Search-for-Sierra-LaMar-145488215.html

Search for Sierra LaMar Turns to Social Media
Search organizers are asking people to change their profile picture to Sierra for a full day, starting Sunday night.
By Lori Preuitt
Sunday, Apr 1, 2012  |  Updated 4:33 PM PDT

Search organizers said it is now hosting a 24 hour social media vigil beginning Sunday night at 6 p.m. It is encouraging people to change their profile picture on all social media channels to one of Sierra for a full day.
Anyone with information about Sierra or her whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff's office at (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.

Tips can also be emailed to tips@sheriff.sccgov.org.

So far over 720 tips have come in via phone calls and emails. All tips continue to be evaluated and followed-up on by investigators, according to the sheriff's office.

The family has also set up a Facebook page.

The KlaasKids Foundation is a non-profit public benefit corporation determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. You can visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.
--------------------
Family's Facebook page -- https://www.facebook.com/Find.Sierra.LaMar
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »

Janet

Maybe called of for the week since I assume many volunteers have jobs during the week?

Klaas ... you could be right.  However ... the number of volunteer searchers in the past week were high.  Marc stated in his facebook that searches would be resumed if required.

Hey ... what will be will be.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Alex-Smith-Joins-Search-for-Sierra-LaMar-145488215.html

Search for Sierra LaMar Turns to Social Media

Searches will continue on Saturday, April 7 2012 and the following Wednesday, April 11 2012 from 8am - 1pm. The Find Sierra Search Center is located at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill, CA. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the Find Sierra Search Center. We are also looking for donations of food and office supplies.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KlaasKIDS-Search-Center-for-Missing-Trafficked-Children/252896698060669

KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children
6 hours ago
Today is the last scheduled day of the KlaasKiDS' organized search efforts at this time. Searches will continue after today if needed, this does not at all mean the end of all searches for Sierra. We continue to support the efforts to find Sierra and are available for future help. Most importantly, we will continue to support her family through this time. You as a community have responded tremendously well. You're equipped to take this on to bring home one of you're own. Let's make this day count! #FindSierraLaMar

Search for Sierra LaMar
updated 4/1/2012 7:46:18 PM ET

<snipped>

Klaas Kids scheduled the next search efforts late Sunday:

Searches will continue on Saturday, April 7 2012 and the following Wednesday, April 11 2012 from 8am - 1pm. The Find Sierra Search Center is located at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill, CA. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the Find Sierra Search Center. We are also looking for donations of food and office supplies.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46919425/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/t/search-sierra-lamar-turns-social-media/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: April 02, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »

FAMILY DYNAMICS

Logic dictates that Steve Lamar's perverted sexual attraction to children did not begin and end with the incident at Danielle's slumber party when she was 13 years old.  Most mothers would move heaven and earth to prevent their children/teenage girls from having unsupervised contact with a RCSO ... father or otherwise.  However ... Sierre LIVED with this man prior to moving to Morgan Hill.  What is wrong with this picture?  It would not happen in my world.

Bottom Line.  Are members of this "tight knit" family holding onto secrets regarding the  happenings that ultimately led to the disappearing of Sierra Lemar?

Where does the elusive Rick Gardiner fit into this "tight knit" family?  Out of a warped/misguided sense of loyality ... does Marlene Lamar's "elusive" boyfriend have knowledge and/or cover up involvement?  Considering only Marlene is required to commute to her workplace in Fremont ... why would her boyfriend have the need to leave the residences at 6:00 AM on the morning of March 16th?  Could it that an attorney's instructions are behind Rick Gardiner's ongoing silence ... instructions not to speak to the media ... instructions not to take a polygraph?

I have learned (second hand) that there are volunteer searchers who are asking the same questions.

Janet

++++

A Tight Knit Family

The stuff of nightmares sets in for family of missing Morgan Hill girl
03/21/2012 10:23:55 PM PDT

Making the case even more complicated is that her father, a computer engineer, is a registered sex offender. He pleaded no contest in 2009 to "lewd acts" with a minor younger than 14 after he fondled a friend of his older daughter's at a slumber party in 1999.

LaMar said when his daughter disappeared Friday, he immediately told police about his criminal background "in the interests of openness, truthfulness and cooperation."

Sierra's sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said despite her father's conviction and her parents' divorce, the family of four remains tight-knit. "I've always been really close with my dad," she said.

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20223645/father-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith

Sierra LaMar Search Moves to Waterways
updated 3/28/2012 11:16:31 PM ET

Simth also said that polygraph tests have been done on both Sierra's mother and father as well as other family members. She would not comment on the results, but investigators have said all along that Sierra has a good relationship with her parents.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46883032/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/

Investigators scour north Morgan Hill for Sierra LaMar leads
Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:59 am

<snipped>

LaMar was at home at 6 a.m., when her mother and mother’s boyfriend left the home, and her Twitter account shows her last “tweet” was posted at 6:29 a.m. from the home. Police have also noted that LaMar sent a text message from her cell phone, while she was at home, at 7:11 a.m. the day she was reported missing.

<snipped>

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/investigators-scour-north-morgan-hill-for-sierra-lamar-leads/article_c7e54d4c-2fe9-5ea9-a628-14bcf0c52a4c.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: April 02, 2012, 07:01:05 PM »

Regardless of how a parent feels about visitation and/or custody issues, without violating the law...it's not up to them alone what happens in those situations.  These issues are usually handled in court along with a divorce, and any changes to those arrangements that aren't mutually agreed upon would have to be changed with the court as well.

The fact that someone is an RSO, doesn't necessarily exclude them from custody or unsupervised visits with their children...no matter how WE may feel about that.

http://www.kinseylaw.com/clientserv2/famlawservices/childcustody/childcustody.html

IMO logic dictates that since WE DON'T KNOW the family dynamics and/or possible court decisions that allowed Sierra to live with her father, then move to Morgan Hill with her mother but continue to spend weekends with her father; we shouldn't rush to judgment or disparage Marlene Lamar on those issues.

If the brief guidelines from the link above are accurate as to California law on these issues, it would seem that Sierra possibly (and more than likely imo) also would have had a say on how much time she spent with her father.

There is more about that here:

http://www.cadivorce.com/california-divorce-guide/child-custody-and-visitation/what-age-does-a-child-decide-which-parent/

It has been stated many times by LE that Sierra's parents are not suspects in her disappearance.

The important thing IMO is to FIND SIERRA.

JMHO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »

http://youtu.be/9OL92lGOgwc

FIND SIERRA LAMAR!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9OL92lGOgwc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9OL92lGOgwc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Uploaded by eddiez mOmma on Apr 2, 2012

THIS IS A SLIDESHOW I PUT TOGETHER DEDICATED TO THE SEARCH IN FINDING MISSING MORGAN HILL, CALIFORNIA TEEN, SIERRA LAMAR.

THE SONG PLAYING IS "LIGHTS (BASSNECTAR REMIX" BY ELLIE GOULDING. SIERRA TWEETED ABOUT HER LOVE FOR THE SONG AND THAT SHE LISTENED TO IT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. COINCIDENTALLY, THERE ARE LYRICS IN THE SONG WHERE ELLIE IS SINGING "...THEY'RE CALLING, CALLING, CALLING ME HOME"...AND SHE IS BEING CALLED HOME. PLEASE SHARE THIS VIDEO AND PUT SIERRA'S FACE AND NAME OUT THERE!

YES, I REALIZE THAT HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN GO MISSING ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERY DAY, BUT ME BEING A NORTHERN CALIFORNIA NATIVE MAKES ME AWARE THAT THIS IS A LOCAL GIRL, AND THE FACT THAT THERE ARE VERY LITTLE CLUES AS TO IF SHE RAN AWAY, IF SHE WAS ABDUCTED, WHO HER ABDUCTOR IS, AND THE MOTIVE BEHIND HER DISAPPEARANCE.

PLEASE HELP BRING THIS BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY HOME SAFE TO HER FAMILY. THE COMMUNITY NEEDS ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET IN MAKING THAT HAPPEN.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »

Sassifras,

I've had questions about Rick since I found out about him (big red flag for me), even though the police say he is not as suspect; I still have questions.  I may not repeatedly post about them, but they are still there as they were when I posted them.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514148#msg1514148

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514160#msg1514160
(At the time I posted this, I thought the other "Rick" that is a FB friend of Marlene's might be the boyfriend, found out later that HE IS NOT.  The comment about the same High School's was in reference to Marlene and the other FB friend, Rick)

I sincerely apologize if I caused confusion over the High School's that Marlene and her BF Rick attended.   

According to their facebook accounts Marlene and her BF Rick Gardiner DID NOT attend the same High Schools.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1130073699

Rick Gardiner

High School   

Crestmoor High School

Crestmoor High, San Bruno, CA

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1370561642

Marlene Lamar

High School   

Milpitas High School
Class of 1978

I think Milpitas may be a suburb of San Jose, I don't know how close that is to San Bruno or if they may have known each other by some other means during their HS years?

LE has repeatedly stated that along with Marlene Lemar and Steve Lemar ... Rick Gardiner is not a suspect.  However ... I also believe there are red flags in regards to this guy.  I cannot get any of the adults in Sierra's life a pass without affirmation that each has been investigated and ruled out as persons of interest.

1.  Were computers seized?

2.  Were cell phone records analyzed

3.  Were vehicles forensically searched

4.  Were respective residences/properties searched

5.  Were polygraphs administered by investigators ... administered and passed?

IF NOT; WHY NOT?

Janet

++++++

With no leads yet, investigators continue searching for missing teen
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:08 pm | Updated: 12:34 pm, Thu Mar 22, 2012.

Forensics investigators will continue to examine the phone and its contents when it is dry, sheriff’s Lt. Troy Smith said.

LaMar’s mother Marlene and her boyfriend Rick Gardiner, as well as the teen’s father Steve LaMar have all been ruled out as suspects, according to Smith.

“The entire family has fully cooperated with our agency,” Smith said. “All of the family (mother, father, Gardiner) have alibis and can be accounted for at the time Sierra went missing.”

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/with-no-leads-yet-investigators-continue-searching-for-missing-teen/article_a88e992e-95f0-5b52-909d-153004a098b9.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »

http://gilroy.kionrightnow.com/news/news/507741-youth-stepping-help-find-sierra-lamar

Youth Stepping In to Help Find Sierra LaMar
Submitted by Central Coast News
Monday, April 2nd, 2012, 3:04pm

By Chloe Beardsley - email   
MORGAN HILL, Calif.-- Dozens of youth volunteers arrived at Burnett Elementary School to help with fundraising and spreading posters throughout the community.

While the search teams were out hiking through steep hills and trails some of sierra's friends were upset because they were told everyone under 18 needed to stay behind. Klaas Kids Volunteers said they couldn't allow teen and children to go out and search because it's dangerous. "You know its not safe, they could get hurt. The searches are going in ditches, they're climbing up and down hills and they're out in the middle of nowhere so we don't want them to get hurt or lost," said Midsi Sanchez.

So they decided to start helping out in their own way by fundraising. Some of the younger volunteers have been making hundreds of posters and posting them all over parts of Morgan Hill, some places in Gilroy and even parts of Watsonville.

They're also posting pictures and putting together pink and yellow bows, tying them almost everywhere. Some teens have even started bringing the search effort to their own towns. One of Sierra's friends, Mason Rogers told Central Coast News she's doing everything she can to bring awareness of Sierra's disappearance. "Just any help I can possibly to. I've held stuff at my school in Woodland for any help at all," said Rogers.

Counselors were also on hand to mentor some of the teens.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »

Search For Sierra LaMar Expands into Gilroy
3:25 PM

Search efforts for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar will begin to take place in Gilroy starting this week, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.

Searches will continue in Morgan Hill, but will expand into San Martin as well. Canvass searches extending further from the LaMar home will take place, and investigators will follow all leads and tips that continue to come in for Sierra, Cardoza wrote in a prepared statement.

<snipped>

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/search-for-sierra-lamar-expands-into-gilroy

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: April 02, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »

Sassifras,

I've had questions about Rick since I found out about him (big red flag for me), even though the police say he is not as suspect; I still have questions.  I may not repeatedly post about them, but they are still there as they were when I posted them.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514148#msg1514148

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12862.msg1514160#msg1514160
(At the time I posted this, I thought the other "Rick" that is a FB friend of Marlene's might be the boyfriend, found out later that HE IS NOT.  The comment about the same High School's was in reference to Marlene and the other FB friend, Rick)

I sincerely apologize if I caused confusion over the High School's that Marlene and her BF Rick attended.   

According to their facebook accounts Marlene and her BF Rick Gardiner DID NOT attend the same High Schools.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1130073699

Rick Gardiner

High School   

Crestmoor High School

Crestmoor High, San Bruno, CA

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1370561642

Marlene Lamar

High School   

Milpitas High School
Class of 1978

I think Milpitas may be a suburb of San Jose, I don't know how close that is to San Bruno or if they may have known each other by some other means during their HS years?

LE has repeatedly stated that along with Marlene Lemar and Steve Lemar ... Rick Gardiner is not a suspect.  However ... I also believe there are red flags in regards to this guy.  I cannot get any of the adults in Sierra's life a pass without affirmation that each has been investigated and ruled out as persons of interest.

1.  Were computers seized?

2.  Were cell phone records analyzed

3.  Were vehicles forensically searched

4.  Were respective residences/properties searched

5.  Were polygraphs administered by investigators ... administered and passed?

IF NOT; WHY NOT?

Janet

++++++

With no leads yet, investigators continue searching for missing teen
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:08 pm | Updated: 12:34 pm, Thu Mar 22, 2012.

Forensics investigators will continue to examine the phone and its contents when it is dry, sheriff’s Lt. Troy Smith said.

LaMar’s mother Marlene and her boyfriend Rick Gardiner, as well as the teen’s father Steve LaMar have all been ruled out as suspects, according to Smith.

“The entire family has fully cooperated with our agency,” Smith said. “All of the family (mother, father, Gardiner) have alibis and can be accounted for at the time Sierra went missing.”

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/with-no-leads-yet-investigators-continue-searching-for-missing-teen/article_a88e992e-95f0-5b52-909d-153004a098b9.html

I didn't say anything about giving anyone a pass in my prior post.  But constant repeated disparaging speculation is inconducive to discussion and borders on disrespectful IMO.

You didn't have anything to add to this post you quoted, but I DO GET YOUR POINT.  However, I do see a difference in having questions about a live in boyfriend of however long...and repeated disparaging speculation that Sierra's entire family has conspired together in her disappearance!

Actually reading what is posted here from the media, or perhaps some research of your own might actually answer some of your questions.  We all know that the media isn't always accurate and since you obviously don't trust the media reports that could answer at least some of your questions; maybe you should request a personal interview with those WHO COULD give you the affirmation you desire?  I just don't think those of us here following this case can.  I haven't seen anyone posting here on this case yet with insider information from LE.

But that's just me...to each his own...CARRY ON JANET! 

I'll just go back to scrolling on by your posts. I've been good at that for a long time now since they usually aren't forum oriented anyway imo.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/articles_from_morgan_hill/online-vigil-encouraged-for-sierra-lamar/article_6cf27dcb-2aa9-5dc0-8e40-054b2b4bf8bd.html
Online vigil encouraged for Sierra LaMar
Social media users asked to change their profile pictures to photo of missing teen

April 2, 2012

The KlaasKids Foundation is asking users of social media Internet sites to participate in a 24-hour online vigil for Sierra LaMar, the Sobrato High School sophomore who has been missing from her north Morgan Hill home for 17 days.

The online tribute to LaMar is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. Monday. Users of all social media sites – such as Facebook, Twitter and Google-Plus – are asked to change their profile pictures to a photo of the missing teen until 6 p.m. Tuesday, according to a press release from KlaasKids.

The purpose of the vigil is to encourage online awareness, involvement and family support for the search for Sierra across the Internet, according to KlaasKids.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »

Video at link

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/02/fair-hopes-to-raise-child-safety-awareness/

Fair Hopes To Raise Child Safety Awareness
April 2, 2012

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Sierra LaMar vanished on her way to school in Morgan Hill more than two weeks ago. Investigators believe she was kidnapped.

“There’s a lot of that going on right now,” said Deputy Tamara Mickelson, Sacramento County Sheriffs Department.

The missing girl is on the mind of Mickelson today at the Sacramento Child Safety Fair.

“We’re talking about child abuse, child neglect, stranger danger. There’s a ton of that going on right now in the United States. It’s huge.

Sunday’s goal is to spread child safety awareness. The event is drawing in parents and their children with music, booths for kids, and even a K-9 demonstration.

It’s just one of the four events out of Sacramento that are part of the national effort to educate families.

At the fair today was Marc Klass, whose own daughter Polly disappeared. He recently helped search for LaMar.

“It’s about raising awareness. It’s about distributing information and acquiring knowledge,” said Klass.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: April 02, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »

Cheering for the SAFE return of Sierra Lamar

http://youtu.be/40nS3vNw8hQ

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: April 02, 2012, 09:18:49 PM »

http://www.bnonews.com/inbox/?id=515

Update on search for missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar
Posted on 04-02 at 16:22:19 CST
[As released by the Santa Clara County, CA Sheriff's Office]

TYPE OF CRIME: Missing Teenage Girl ***UPDATED MEDIA RELEASE***
LOCATION: Palm Avenue @ Dougherty Avenue / Unincorporated Morgan Hill
CASE NUMBER: 12-076-0368G
DATE: April 02, 2012
TIME: 2:30pm

Sheriff’s Detectives are continuing their investigative efforts in the Morgan Hill, San Martin, and Gilroy area this week. Canvass searches (to extend further than prior canvassing) will be conducted. Investigators are also continuing to follow-up on any and all leads and tips that continue to come in on the Sierra Lamar case.

We are also asking large parcel property and ranch owners in the South Santa Clara County area to report any suspicious activities or information related to their private land.

Some updated stats on the Sierra Lamar case:

- Over 5,000 personnel hours have been dedicated to the Sierra Lamar case

-Over 900 tips have come in via phone calls and emails. All tips continue to be evaluated and
followed-up on by Investigators

Anyone with information on this case is being asked to contact Sheriff's Investigators at (408)
808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
DESIGNATED EMAIL FOR TIPS ON SIERRA’S CASE: tips@sheriff.sccgov.org

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.