March 18, 2024, 10:25:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517787 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »

Searches for Sierra LaMar winding down
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 7:12 pm | Updated: 7:32 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012.

As the search for Morgan Hill resident Sierra LaMar, 15, moves into its 18th day, the KlaasKids Foundation announced two more upcoming volunteer search opportunities and urges the community to continue to help in the efforts to find her.

Those are scheduled for Saturday, April 7, and Wednesday, April 11, according to KlaasKids Foundation founder Marc Klaas. Those who want to help can show up at Burnett Elementary, 85 Tilton Ave., on those days from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. People can also help by donating supplies and money to assist in the search efforts.

Daily volunteer searches such as those that drew more than 2,000 volunteers last week are “not sustainable” for the foundation for now, Klaas said. On Sunday, more than 500 people showed up to volunteer for the search efforts. The search radius was expanded to 20 miles from Sierra’s north Morgan Hill home.

“We’ve turned the administration of the searches primarily over to the community and family, but we’re going to continue to provide mapping for the search efforts, and our team will be available to come out again as necessary,” Klaas said.

<snipped>

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/searches-for-sierra-lamar-winding-down/article_7142e5ce-7d32-11e1-b7f5-001a4bcf6878.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: April 02, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »

Cheering for the SAFE return of Sierra Lamar

http://youtu.be/40nS3vNw8hQ

What a beautiful, yet tear jerking video. Thanks for posting it.  She is so missed!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-sierra-lamar,0,6729674.story
Sierra Lamar: Missing Cheerleader Was Likely Kidnapped, Police Say

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza says authorities now believe LaMar may have been the victim of an acquaintance abduction.

Why has the volunteer search been cancelled ... the volunteer search that continues to have a great response?  Has LE, Steve Lamar, Marlene Lamas, Danielle Lamar and/or the elusive Rick Gardiner spoken to media following the above words of Sgt. Jose Cardoza?  Is the the investigation focusing in another direction ... another direction that implies Sierra is not a runaway ... Sierra was not kidnapped as she dashed out of her home to catch the school bus.? 

Janet

Maybe called of for the week since I assume many volunteers have jobs during the week?

Klaas ... you could be right.  However ... the number of volunteer searchers in the past week were high.  Marc stated in his facebook that searches would be resumed if required.

Hey ... what will be will be.

Janet

I volunteered 5 out of the 6 days last week and announcements made at the search center said that they didn't want to burn the public out, and that they had lots of "possible evidence" to be collected and leads to follow up on! Being on several search teams and a team leader on a couple searches...we flagged lots of suspicious items!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

Thanks for the update Kristy!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »

Thanks for the update Kristy!

You're welcome! Smile
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

Thanks Kristy for sharing your experience! 

"Suspicious evidence" could be related to any potential crime. As far as Sierra, personally, I don't think it looks good. This beautiful exuberant young lady most likely trusted someone(s) that she shouldn't have trusted. Think back when you were 15 (a longggg time for me). Teenagers are quite naive.

OT: tm: I hope you're ok. I heard about the tornadoes in Texas.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: April 03, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »

"Suspicious evidence" could be related to any potential crime. As far as Sierra, personally, I don't think it looks good. This beautiful exuberant young lady most likely trusted someone(s) that she shouldn't have trusted. Think back when you were 15 (a longggg time for me). Teenagers are quite naive.

You are very welcome!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/retired-fbi-agent-weighs-in-on-sierra-kidnapping-scenarios/article_b825bf1a-360c-58f9-81b7-009f99bc4961.html

Retired FBI agent weighs-in on Sierra kidnapping scenarios
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:46 pm | Updated: 4:22 pm, Tue Apr 3, 2012.

Two renowned experts who have spent their entire careers profiling violent, shady criminals and analyzing human behavior say that Sierra LaMar’s likely kidnapper – or kidnappers – probably stalked the missing teen before grabbing her from the street outside her home, and that the victim’s personality is likely the polar opposite of her captor’s - an attribute that could end up saving her life.

Clint Van Zandt is a retired FBI agent, hostage negotiator and a profiler in behavioral science. He agreed with sheriff’s investigators’ premise that Sierra was likely kidnapped or abducted, based on what he has read in the media about the case so far.
 ::snipping2::

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:28 AM »

I don't think it looks good either! We received a recorded phone call from the Santa Clara County Sheriff sometime after 11:00 the night the Sierra didn't come home...I was scared out of my mind that something bad had happened because no one ever calls us after 9. The recording gave us the intersection of where she would have caught the bus...and as I looked at the map I remember seeing Calero Reservoir and thinking how close she was to the mountains. I couldn't sleep that night and she has been on my ever since! I've watched the news, read articles, listened to her family and friends speak and I believe she was abducted! Whoever took her saw her waiting for the bus on a daily basis...and whoever took her either lived near her or worked near her. I believe it was planned! I believe that the clothes found in the bag were the ones she had on and that they were a message from her abductor that something terrible had happened to her! Having been out there searching and thinking about where she might be and all the different scenarios that could have occurred...I can't help but think she's probably not alive anymore! But then there's Jaycee Dugard...what if someone still has her and we just need to search every property and we'll find her! These homes are so spread out...my neighbor's house is 20 feet away and I don't hear or see all that goes on next door. Questions we were asking people..."How well do you know you're neighbor?" "Does any of your neighbors live alone?" "Can you think of anyone that could have done this?" Lots of people weren't home(or pretended not to be) many had gates at the end of their driveways that were locked, some with big dogs barking at you as you approached. It's overwhelming and almost hopeless. I will continue to volunteer when I can...and pray for her and her family! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #549 on: April 04, 2012, 03:27:42 AM »

I'm o.k. sassifras, thank you so much for your concern, scary afternoon and night for sure but we were fortunate.  I'm thankful.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: April 04, 2012, 03:48:04 AM »

I don't think it looks good either! We received a recorded phone call from the Santa Clara County Sheriff sometime after 11:00 the night the Sierra didn't come home...I was scared out of my mind that something bad had happened because no one ever calls us after 9. The recording gave us the intersection of where she would have caught the bus...and as I looked at the map I remember seeing Calero Reservoir and thinking how close she was to the mountains. I couldn't sleep that night and she has been on my ever since! I've watched the news, read articles, listened to her family and friends speak and I believe she was abducted! Whoever took her saw her waiting for the bus on a daily basis...and whoever took her either lived near her or worked near her. I believe it was planned! I believe that the clothes found in the bag were the ones she had on and that they were a message from her abductor that something terrible had happened to her! Having been out there searching and thinking about where she might be and all the different scenarios that could have occurred...I can't help but think she's probably not alive anymore! But then there's Jaycee Dugard...what if someone still has her and we just need to search every property and we'll find her! These homes are so spread out...my neighbor's house is 20 feet away and I don't hear or see all that goes on next door. Questions we were asking people..."How well do you know you're neighbor?" "Does any of your neighbors live alone?" "Can you think of anyone that could have done this?" Lots of people weren't home(or pretended not to be) many had gates at the end of their driveways that were locked, some with big dogs barking at you as you approached. It's overwhelming and almost hopeless. I will continue to volunteer when I can...and pray for her and her family! 

Thank you for the insight kristipartyof5!   

I understand all that you and the others in your area are thinking and feeling.  When you don't know what happened, you have to think about all of the possibilities.  And I agree with you that every property should be searched!  If the owners don't have anything to hide they should be willing to unlock those locks, pen up the dogs, open those gates and allow LE to search!  Unfortunately, I don't think it's looking good for Sierra either.  The neatly folded clothes and especially the undergarments worries me...the undergarments rule out that she might have been taking the clothes to loan to someone like her mother said she sometimes did imo.  I understand your theory about the clothes in the purse, that has crossed my mind too...just hoping we're wrong.  I know how overwhelming and hopeless it must seem, especially with each day that passes and she's not found; but please know how much your efforts are appreciated...by all of us following Sierra's case, and I know certainly by her family and all who love her especially.  My thoughts and prayers are with them too, I hope they will have answers soon.

Thanks again for sharing!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: April 04, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »

Thank you for the above information.
Prayers for Sierra and her family.
Bless you for your care and dedication.
 an angelic monkey

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: April 04, 2012, 08:02:50 AM »

I'm o.k. sassifras, thank you so much for your concern, scary afternoon and night for sure but we were fortunate.  I'm thankful.

Was thinking about you this morning texasmom and hoping you and your family were nall o.k. 
Glad to hear you are.   an angelic monkey
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #553 on: April 04, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »

I have one glint of hope, because, no one found Sierra's makeup bag, assuming that she had one.  When I was Fifteen, not sure if I had a makeup bag or not, but I would have
had some kind of bag for my Tinklebell toiletries, and Tissues, etc. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: April 04, 2012, 03:34:49 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/03/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Ominous Find in Missing Cheerleader Case

Aired April 3, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell, coming to you live from New York City. Breaking news on several fronts tonight. We`re keeping an eye on the tornadoes that have hit Texas, and we`re also covering the story of a stunning 15-year-old cheerleader who vanished from her driveway. I will talk to her frantic mother next about the race to find her beautiful daughter.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Tonight, the search for a missing California teen intensifies. Cops believe this beautiful cheerleader was abducted outside her house two and a half weeks ago. One day later, police found her cell phone less than a mile away. And now, more disturbing clues. I`ll talk to the missing teen`s mother, and we`ll investigate her mysterious disappearance.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We love you, Sierra, come home. We miss you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Fifteen-year-old Sierra LaMar disappeared near San Francisco about two weeks ago.

Steve Lamar: Come home, baby, please come home. You`re not in trouble.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her cell phone and purse were found on the road near her home.

Marlene Lamar: As each day goes, it is longer and longer, it has become more real. It`s like more real. I just want her back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, a community desperately searches for a beautiful missing high school cheerleader as new, frightening clues emerge.

Massive search teams are scouring the area, frantically searching for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar. She disappeared almost two and a half weeks ago from the driveway of her home in Morgan Hill, just 70 miles outside San Francisco. Her mom says Sierra would never run off without telling her.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

Marlene Lamar: I talked to her, said good-bye, and gave her a hug, and things were good, and I told her I loved her. She would never want us to go through all this pain.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Sierra was reported missing after her school`s automated system alerted her mom that she had missed class 12 hours after she had last seen her precious daughter that morning.

Sierra`s cell phone and her purse, containing only a neatly folded pair of clothing, including undergarments, found in the hours after she was reported missing.

But just a few days ago, search teams, well, they made a disturbing discovery. They found an empty handcuff box and condoms at the dead end of a road less than two miles from Sierra`s home. Could these items be connected to this beautiful girl`s disappearance?

What do you think? Call me: 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

Straight out to my very special guest, Sierra`s mother, Marlene LaMar. Thank you so much for joining me. Our hearts go out to you. We want to help find your daughter. We know that it`s a race against time. We know having her face up on television often provokes memories and gets people thinking. And maybe they know something, and they`ll understand it. This is very significant.

First of all, I have to ask you, Marlene, what have these past two weeks been like for you?

MARLENE LAMAR, SIERRA`S MOTHER: Well, it`s truly unbelievable. You know, no parent should go through this. I have spoken with parents that are victims, and they truly feel what I`m going through. And it`s -- it`s a nightmare, and it`s -- it`s not going to end until I have her in my arms so I can give her a hug again. Until she comes home to me safely, the nightmare really isn`t over.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, I understand that cops said something in your daughter`s computer led them to believe that your daughter was being held against her will. Obviously, this is a very disturbing case, but do you know what that was? What did cops tell you? What have they told you?

LAMAR: Well, they didn`t say something specifically they found on the computer. They just said just from reviewing her Facebook and Twitter and, you know, all the data coming from her laptop didn`t indicate that, you know, there was the possibility, other possibilities leading to a runaway situation. You know, as far as her, she seemed like a normal teenager, doing the normal routine and normal conversing on Facebook. There wasn`t anything to indicate that she was unhappy and wanted to leave, for the most part of it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let`s talk about this case, because we want to find your daughter. Let`s dive into it, because we want to help find your daughter and leave no stone unturned as we really give you the results of what we`ve been doing in terms of investigating.

Cops believe this suspect is either from Morgan Hill, your hometown, or very familiar with that area. Now, I want to show you a map where all the key pieces of evidence have been found.

OK. Sierra`s home just down the street from her bus stop, where she failed to board the bus Friday, March 16. The next day, her cell phone was found about a mile from her house in a field by the road. Not even 12 hours after that, a search team found her purse with neatly folded clothing, including undergarments, less than two miles from her house.

And then just a few days ago in the opposite direction from her clothes, searchers made that disturbing discovery, finding an empty handcuff box and two used condoms less than two miles from the girl`s home.

So I want to go to you, Jon Lieberman. You`re an investigative reporter. You`ve been looking into this. What do you make of these pieces of evidence?

JON LIEBERMAN, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Well, at this point, police don`t believe that this was a stranger abduction. They do believe that if, indeed, she was abducted, she had had previous contact with the person that abducted her, meaning they may have been communicating through the computer, through text messages.

One of their theories is that perhaps she left the house that morning and she went to go meet somebody to spend the day with that person. That`s one theory.

Now, to the condoms and the empty handcuff box, police right now are doing DNA testing to see what they can find forensically on these items. And there are two theories there, as well. Because you`ll recall, they did an extensive search of this area prior, and they didn`t find the handcuffs box and they didn`t find the condoms.

So then, when they went back, they did find them. The question is, were they there the whole time, or something more sinister? Did somebody actually go back, if these are connected to the case and place them there, thereby taunting cops and taunting this poor family?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, cops have been examining both Sierra`s cell phone and her laptop for clues, as the missing girl`s mother just mentioned. Let`s listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So we`re doing some forensics on that cell phone, try to get any information that we can off that cell phone as well as her laptop.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, let`s look again at the specific area search teams have found evidence.

The police dogs lost Sierra`s scent at the end of her driveway, which is seen right here. Then the next day, search teams found Sierra`s cell phone in the field by this intersection less than a mile from her home. You can see this is a rural area.

Then the very next day, a team found Sierra`s Juicy brand purse, containing a neatly folded pair of pants and a T-shirt and undergarments right here, just two blocks from where Sierra`s phone was found. You`re looking at the actual location.

So I`ve got to go to Marc Klaas. You are one of my heroes, founder of the Klaas Kids Foundation, and you have experienced your own daughter`s tragic abduction. And that`s why you devoted your life to try to solve cases like this.

What do you make of this box that is supposed to hold handcuffs -- and I hate to be graphic, but these are facts, and we want to get them out there -- these used condoms and all the other pieces of evidence that have been found in this case?

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, Jane, I firmly believe that the phone and the -- finding the bag are totally related to the case.

But the one thing I do agree with the reporter on is that the possibility exists that the condoms and the handcuff box were a plant.

Now, the theory that I think makes the most sense regarding Sierra`s disappearance is not that she ran away with somebody, because there`s no evidence on her telephone or in any of her computer -- in her computer or in any of her social networking profiles that she would have done something like that, and it would have been out of character.

However, that she went outside and got into a car with somebody she felt comfortable with and was familiar with, is a very real and distinct possibility.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Absolutely. And we`re going to analyze her tweets in just a second, because we have created actually a time line of events that morning.

But first, I want to go to the phones. Joseph, Tennessee, your question or thought, Joseph?

CALLER: Yes. Hello?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hi. Yes, your question or thought, Joseph.

CALLER: I want to say this thing breaks my heart. We keep hearing more and more and more about incidents like this happening. We need laws to take these sexual predators and we`re going to nail them to the wall. And we can`t be getting them and releasing them.

They have maps that show where these sexual predators live . They shouldn`t be in the street. They shouldn`t be in the jail, they should be under the jail. This is a heart breaker. Why did it take 12 hours for that school to notify this poor family about their daughter not being in classes where she was supposed to be?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Excellent question. Mark Eiglarsh, criminal defense attorney. Had the mother known sooner, she could have gotten a jump on looking for her daughter.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I don`t disagree. I`d like to know what the other side would argue, but if somehow there`s a gap that long, that definitely effected the investigation. I think the key in this case is looking at that laptop and seeing who she had contact with. I`m sure law enforcement are working on that now.

Yes. And on the other side of the break, we`re going to give you a time line of what Sierra did that morning, including tweets. We`re also going to talk to the famous judge Larry Seidlin on this case.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LAMAR: I feel guilty because I`m always worried about where she is. If you can hear me, know I love you, want you back. I love you and I just want you back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This is a nightmare for the mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar. And you are looking at video we just got in moments ago of the teenager who is missing. And we are freezing it to show you that is the young lady, a beautiful young lady. She`s there with some of her friends, and she is wearing the white sweatshirt right there.

And this is from YouTube. We were given this because we want to help find her. Obviously, she appears to be at an amusement park. It looks like Disneyland, because she`s wearing the Mickey Mouse ears. But again, here she is, a beautiful young, happy, happy-go-lucky girl who is not despondent or depressed.

The question is, and I`ll bring this out to Marlene LaMar, the mother of this missing teen. We don`t want to, in any way, make this more difficult than it already is for you, and I know that it`s so difficult. We`ve been doing some investigating, which is what we do on the show. And we`ve come up with some social media where somebody who has the same exact name as your daughter seems a little more sophisticated than we`ve led to believe, at this point, that there was even some references to experimentation with weed.

Now listen, I say this as a person who`s in recovery for 17 years. And when I was a teenager, of course, I`m the first to admit that I tried pot, you know. It`s just something that teenagers often do. I`m not condoning it or suggesting it, but I`m saying it to put it in context.

Marlene, what I`m trying to say is do you think she might have been doing things that you weren`t aware of, might have had friends that you weren`t aware of, may have even had a boyfriend that you weren`t aware of?

LAMAR: Well, I wasn`t aware of any boy that she was in a relationship or had a crush with. She was pretty open with me. She would actually ask for my advice. And I was -- I was pleased with the relationship we did have, because, you know, a lot of teenagers don`t confide in their parents as far as who their crush is, and they get all embarrassed. Or they don`t think it`s any business of their parents, and there was nothing to...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did she ever seem secretive when she was on her laptop? In other words, that she might be talking to somebody that you wouldn`t have approved of, an older man, a strange man? I mean, these -- there are men. They`re on the Internet. They prey on girls just like this.

LAMAR: I spoke with her about, you know -- when she started the Facebook thing, I just told her, you know, be really careful about your privacy. You know, there`s a lot of predators out there. Don`t put your address on your Facebook or information that may encourage a stalker.

So she was -- so she pretty street smart that way. Even when she walked down the street on Doherty (ph), she was aware of her surroundings. She would look behind her, you know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let me jump in, because we want to get to some very key facts in the case. This is the time line.

6 a.m., you, Sierra`s mother, you leave for work. You say you saw her in her P.J.s.

6:29 a.m. Sierra posts the last tweet to her Twitter account.

7:10 a.m., Sierra usually leaves home to start walking to her bus top.

7:11 a.m., she sent an undisclosed text from her cell phone to a friend.

And then at 7:25 a.m., Sierra usually boarded the school bus just down the street from her house. The bus driver never saw her.

Finally, 6:30 p.m., Sierra is reported missing after she didn`t attend school.

Judge Larry Seidlin, you covered so many of these cases. What do you make of it? What should cops be doing?

LARRY SEIDLIN, JUDGE: Well, the police are going to examine that time line, and that`s the most important thing: where she was and what she did.

The textbooks say that 70 percent of these cases, there`s a relationship with the victim, Sierra, and the suspect. And they`re going to look through her relationships and who she knows. And it`s very difficult. We lost a lot of hours here. We lost a lot of time. And -- and by the school contacting her so late...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can`t believe this is happening to like one of my best friends.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now we`re praying for her to come back home, and it just makes us so sad.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Those are her friends and school mates. Sierra`s dad has also been heavily involved in the search for his daughter since she went missing. Here is Sierra`s father.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

Steve Lamar: Come home, baby, please come home. You`re not in trouble. Everyone, everyone wants to see you.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This is so heart breaking, Sierra`s dad, we have to mention is a convicted sex offender, reportedly in a lewd and lascivious case involving a 14-year-old girl, but cops -- it`s important to say cops have cleared him of any wrongdoing in his daughter, Sierra`s, disappearance. And he, like any other frantic father, has been searching night and day for her.

Now, she had lived with the dad in his hometown of Fremont about 40 miles away until last October, which leads me to wonder, Mark Eiglarsh, could she have maintained ties with somebody from that town? And also, what about these clothes that were found in her purse. That is odd, too. I mean, if it were sports, you`d think maybe a backpack or something.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I think your speculation is dead on. Right now, we have to consider everything. Could there have been some contact made that then somehow she maintained contact while she moved? Anything is a possibility.

The clothing I also found to be very unusual. Thank God we have trained investigators looking into it. I don`t know what to make of it. I do want to say, though, the condoms and the box with the handcuffs, that I find suspicious. I can`t believe they didn`t find it to begin with.

And secondly, this area, I read, was an area that teenagers seemed to hang out in and drink. So that might account for why these items might have been placed there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We`re going to the phone lines again. Annie in Arizona, your question or thought, Annie?

CALLER: I have the question, he actually said it about those clothes and her bag. And I was wondering if anybody has thought -- you know, I was a teenager once myself. I`m 28 now, but if maybe somebody had talked her into doing something for the day.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Marlene -- I want to go to the mother. Why would she have a change of clothes in her purse?

LAMAR: Well, I`ve seen her borrow clothes frequently from her friends, and they would borrow clothes from her, as well. So I would see her bring a pair of pants that she`s returning that she borrowed to a friend and a blouse. So as far as clothes being in her purse, you know, that happened frequently, you know. She loved clothes, and she would borrow frequently from them and vice versa. They would borrow clothes from her, as well.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Marc Klaas, cops apparently refused to issue an Amber Alert, saying it didn`t fit the criteria. There`s a controversy about that. Because a lot of parents who have suffered tragedies, said if cops had only issued that Amber Alert.

KLAAS: They got (AUDIO GAP). You have to remember, Jane, this was about 11 hours after she apparently disappeared, and they have absolutely no information except the fact that she walked out of her house and seemed to -- the dog seemed to have lost the scent right near the freeway.

So in this instance, it really doesn`t fit the Amber Alert criteria, but I think that the response has been effective.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, please, put security cameras on every street. It would help out so much.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

END

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »

Video of Marlene Lamar with Jane Velez-Mitchell on last night's show

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/04/03/jvm-sierra-lamar-missing

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »

Thanks for the articles texasmom

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »

Thursday search in Sierra LaMar disappearance to focus on San Martin, Gilroy
Posted:   04/04/2012 04:10:25 PM PDT
Updated:   04/04/2012 04:14:47 PM PDT

Another day-long search for evidence in the disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar is scheduled for Thursday, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's search and rescue unit, including three specially trained dogs and 20 people, will focus on searching in Gilroy and San Martin from 9 a.m. until about 5:30 p.m.

<snipped>

http://**/breaking-news/ci_20327023/thursday-search-sierra-lamar-disappearance-focus-san-martin

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »

Searches for Sierra LaMar winding down
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 7:12 pm | Updated: 7:32 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012.

As the search for Morgan Hill resident Sierra LaMar, 15, moves into its 18th day, the KlaasKids Foundation announced two more upcoming volunteer search opportunities and urges the community to continue to help in the efforts to find her.

Those are scheduled for Saturday, April 7, and Wednesday, April 11, according to KlaasKids Foundation founder Marc Klaas. Those who want to help can show up at Burnett Elementary, 85 Tilton Ave., on those days from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. People can also help by donating supplies and money to assist in the search efforts.

Daily volunteer searches such as those that drew more than 2,000 volunteers last week are “not sustainable” for the foundation for now, Klaas said. On Sunday, more than 500 people showed up to volunteer for the search efforts. The search radius was expanded to 20 miles from Sierra’s north Morgan Hill home.

“We’ve turned the administration of the searches primarily over to the community and family, but we’re going to continue to provide mapping for the search efforts, and our team will be available to come out again as necessary,” Klaas said.

<snipped>

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/searches-for-sierra-lamar-winding-down/article_7142e5ce-7d32-11e1-b7f5-001a4bcf6878.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: April 04, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/karinanews/status/187675498787246080

Karina Rusk
‏ @karinanews
 Follow

Thursday search in #Sierra case will include approx 20 sheriff search and rescue members and three dogs used for human remain detection

5:58 PM - 4 Apr 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.