March 19, 2024, 04:00:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517856 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #640 on: April 07, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »

IMO, Marlene may have been instructed by LE and/or the FBI not to discuss certain things just as the Sheriff was not willing to discuss certain things.

That is a total possibility, but why? If Rick is not a suspect by LE, why the mumming? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he had anything to do with Sierra going *poof* but I don't understand her silence in regards to Rick. It's possible she is just trying to keep the focus on Sierra and that would be totally understandable IMO.

Nancy asked Sheriff Laurie Smith straight up...

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live in boyfriend?

Sheriff Laurie Smith responded:  We've talked with him, we're continuing the investigation.  Until Sierra is home safely, we're not eliminating anybody and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get we will absolutely totally follow up.

When Nancy asked her if he reported to work on time that morning, she said "we just can't release information or evidence about the case and we really can't comment on that."

So...that tells me that even though he has not been named as a suspect; he has not necessarily been cleared either.  JMHO

It could be that his whereabouts that morning are not as easy to pin down as others because of his line of work.  And even IF he has absolutely nothing to do with this crime, unless his whereabouts can be absolutely confirmed there's the possibility that he was available to commit the crime.  So, I'm sure that leaves questions with LE...as it does with me.

Oh boy. That is something I didn't want to hear.

Why are they being so evasive? I know that people that have construction companies can be all over the place.

This is my thought.....even though Sierras mom is being mum about Rick, do you think that as her mom, that if she thought he had anything to do with this, she would be protecting him? I just can't see that.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: April 07, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »

Janet-thank you for keeping such an awesome log of articles and things that have happened so far with this case. it makes it easier for me and i'm sure other when I log in and can easily see some of what i've missed in an articulate manner.  although I do not believe sierra's mother or step father had anything to do with her disappearance, i do appreciate the way you always present your thoughts/opinion/ideas

I think she was picked up by someone she knows, maybe not well, but someone she recognized, and offered a ride to school or the bus stop..I think the person kept driving and things went terribly wrong from there.  I believe her remains will be found within a 10 mile radius of her home but this is just based on statistics

I find it interesting that quite a few people believe someone she possibly knows may have took her...Are they basing it on the dogs losing her scent in front of her house? It was rainy and windy the days following...has anyone thought that she could have walked further and that the weather has prevented the dogs from picking up a scent?

Hey Kristi:

I'm pretty good friends with a SAR person. The rain absolutely will not prevent the dogs from following the scent. SAR dogs can actually get a scent in water, ie: lakes, ponds, etc. Weather does not play in the objective.
OOOPS...sorry! I messed that up! Razz

I wondered about that...but I did hear Marc Klaas say that the dogs lost her scent at the door not the end of the driveway and he too pointed out the weather! She lived there...walked that way to school everyday...then why would her scent stop at the house?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #642 on: April 07, 2012, 12:07:23 AM »

Janet-thank you for keeping such an awesome log of articles and things that have happened so far with this case. it makes it easier for me and i'm sure other when I log in and can easily see some of what i've missed in an articulate manner.  although I do not believe sierra's mother or step father had anything to do with her disappearance, i do appreciate the way you always present your thoughts/opinion/ideas

I think she was picked up by someone she knows, maybe not well, but someone she recognized, and offered a ride to school or the bus stop..I think the person kept driving and things went terribly wrong from there.  I believe her remains will be found within a 10 mile radius of her home but this is just based on statistics

I find it interesting that quite a few people believe someone she possibly knows may have took her...Are they basing it on the dogs losing her scent in front of her house? It was rainy and windy the days following...has anyone thought that she could have walked further and that the weather has prevented the dogs from picking up a scent?

Hey Kristi:

I'm pretty good friends with a SAR person. The rain absolutely will not prevent the dogs from following the scent. SAR dogs can actually get a scent in water, ie: lakes, ponds, etc. Weather does not play in the objective.

I wondered about that...but I did hear Marc Klaas say that the dogs lost her scent at the door not the end of the driveway and he too pointed out the weather! She lived there...walked that way to school everyday...then why would her scent stop at the house?

No worries, we all do that one time or another! 

So the media says at the end of the driveway and Marc says at the door. Then you look at the fact she left her inhaler at home. So what this tell us?

I'm curious if the gate at the end of the driveway was a "locked" gate. Does anyone know?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

IMO, Marlene may have been instructed by LE and/or the FBI not to discuss certain things just as the Sheriff was not willing to discuss certain things.

That is a total possibility, but why? If Rick is not a suspect by LE, why the mumming? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he had anything to do with Sierra going *poof* but I don't understand her silence in regards to Rick. It's possible she is just trying to keep the focus on Sierra and that would be totally understandable IMO.

Nancy asked Sheriff Laurie Smith straight up...

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live in boyfriend?

Sheriff Laurie Smith responded:  We've talked with him, we're continuing the investigation.  Until Sierra is home safely, we're not eliminating anybody and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get we will absolutely totally follow up.

When Nancy asked her if he reported to work on time that morning, she said "we just can't release information or evidence about the case and we really can't comment on that."

So...that tells me that even though he has not been named as a suspect; he has not necessarily been cleared either.  JMHO

It could be that his whereabouts that morning are not as easy to pin down as others because of his line of work.  And even IF he has absolutely nothing to do with this crime, unless his whereabouts can be absolutely confirmed there's the possibility that he was available to commit the crime.  So, I'm sure that leaves questions with LE...as it does with me.

Oh boy. That is something I didn't want to hear.

Why are they being so evasive? I know that people that have construction companies can be all over the place.

This is my thought.....even though Sierras mom is being mum about Rick, do you think that as her mom, that if she thought he had anything to do with this, she would be protecting him? I just can't see that.

I don't see that either sassifras.  I really think she repeatedly states that she wants to keep the focus on Sierra because that's what she's been told to do.  The Sheriff's responses regarding Rick confirm that for me.  I don't believe she had anything to do with whatever happened to Sierra, and I think the mere possibility that her live in boyfriend may have had something to do with it is more than she can handle.  She won't let herself go there, or hasn't yet anyway.  I don't think she's protecting him, if there was anything going on that led to this; I don't think she had any idea...and will be totally devastated if that is what has happened.

No one that was on Nancy Grace could say where Rick works, Mark Klaas said he knows what kind of work he does but he didn't know where he works either.  So as we've said earlier, I don't think he has an office, I think he works out of the home.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

Hey Kristi:

So the media says at the end of the driveway and Marc says at the door. Then you look at the fact she left her inhaler at home. So what this tell us?

I'm curious if the gate at the end of the driveway was a "locked" gate. Does anyone know?

I'm not going to go back and listen again but it iirc the Sheriff also said she knew the scent had her coming out of the door but she wasn't sure how much further it went...

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2012, 12:19:37 AM »

"it" s/b "if"   Embarassed

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »

I agree tm.

Do you think perhaps someone showed up at her home to give her a drive to school? I noted that in her tweets that she stated she hated to walk but ironically, she loved to run.

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2012, 12:23:47 AM »

I would love to ask that question on NG...If she walked that route daily and all over the driveway...why would the dog have lost her scent?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »

I would love to ask that question on NG...If she walked that route daily and all over the driveway...why would the dog have lost her scent?

Excellent question Kristi! Let me ask my SAR friend. I'll get back with you on that. 

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »

I you look on google maps it shows the gate open...not sure if they ever lock it?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #650 on: April 07, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »

Excellent question Kristi! Let me ask my SAR friend. I'll get back with you on that. 

Just sent him a message. We'll see what he says.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2012, 12:34:47 AM »

I agree tm.

Do you think perhaps someone showed up at her home to give her a drive to school? I noted that in her tweets that she stated she hated to walk but ironically, she loved to run.

I think if they did, and it was someone other than those that lived there some communication would have been made about it beforehand either a text, a call...something.

But if Rick came back and offered to take her either to the bus stop or on to school...?

Don't know if it was raining at that time or if the rain came later in the day...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »

Aren't they trained for "new scent" and "older scent"?  Those may not be the terms they use, but it seems like I've read something about that before in another case.

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »

So...looking at google maps...it seems as though the only structure or building that look as though it has cactus near it...and we came across lot of cactus on our searches in Morgan hill...is actually on the north side of Laguna Ave./Fisher Rd. east of Santa Teresa. That was where the sheriff stated her bag was found. Not on Santa Teresa like originally stated!

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #654 on: April 07, 2012, 12:38:42 AM »

Just sent him a message. We'll see what he says.

Cool! Thanks!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »

Aren't they trained for "new scent" and "older scent"?  Those may not be the terms they use, but it seems like I've read something about that before in another case.

Wow, how would they do that? Dogs are so freaking smart!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #656 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:32 AM »

GRACE: Joining me right now is a special guest, Kristi in California who actually has helped in the search for Sierra. Thank you for calling in. Describe what you did in the search for Sierra.

KRISTI, HELPED IN THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA, CALIFORNIA (via telephone): Well, we searched lots of areas up in the mountains. We searched along sides of bodies of water through really large brush and just, you know, looking for any possible clue that we could. We even went door-to-door on some of the searches asking neighbors what, you know if they suspected anybody or knew anybody who could do this. Have they noticed their neighbors, you know, acting differently, changing their appearance and what not.

But, I did have a question regarding, I guess, a legal question about the possibility of a legal ability to search every, you know, property out there. Do -- can they do that? Can they take dogs on the property with, you know, some kind of court order?

Hey, that's me!
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #657 on: April 07, 2012, 12:56:04 AM »

Actually partially right. I did a lot of researching with the Kyron case and talked to quite a few people that knows their chit with this subject.

A SAR dog can pick up "fresh" scents, and that's what they hone on with a "scent article", ie: socks, bedding, etc. It has to be something current. Either way, the bottom line is the dogs will go towards the freshest scent.

There are 2 types of SAR dogs and I'll say this in laymen's terms; one for a live body and one that searches for a bodies remains. They are 2 different search dogs. With Sierra, they were looking for a "live" body.

Also, if the trainer is good, and I mean really good, they can track a person even if they went in a vehicle.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:28 AM »

GRACE: Joining me right now is a special guest, Kristi in California who actually has helped in the search for Sierra. Thank you for calling in. Describe what you did in the search for Sierra.

KRISTI, HELPED IN THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA, CALIFORNIA (via telephone): Well, we searched lots of areas up in the mountains. We searched along sides of bodies of water through really large brush and just, you know, looking for any possible clue that we could. We even went door-to-door on some of the searches asking neighbors what, you know if they suspected anybody or knew anybody who could do this. Have they noticed their neighbors, you know, acting differently, changing their appearance and what not.

But, I did have a question regarding, I guess, a legal question about the possibility of a legal ability to search every, you know, property out there. Do -- can they do that? Can they take dogs on the property with, you know, some kind of court order?

Hey, that's me!

Cool!  

Wow, so they actually have people other than LE questioning the neighbors?  I didn't realize they would ask volunteer searchers to go door to door, seems like that could be dangerous?

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #659 on: April 07, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »

Actually partially right. I did a lot of researching with the Kyron case and talked to quite a few people that knows their chit with this subject.

A SAR dog can pick up "fresh" scents, and that's what they hone on with a "scent article", ie: socks, bedding, etc. It has to be something current. Either way, the bottom line is the dogs will go towards the freshest scent.

There are 2 types of SAR dogs and I'll say this in laymen's terms; one for a live body and one that searches for a bodies remains. They are 2 different search dogs. With Sierra, they were looking for a "live" body.

Also, if the trainer is good, and I mean really good, they can track a person even if they went in a vehicle.

Good to know...thanks! Dogs are amazing!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.