March 19, 2024, 04:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517864 times)
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #660 on: April 07, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »

GRACE: Joining me right now is a special guest, Kristi in California who actually has helped in the search for Sierra. Thank you for calling in. Describe what you did in the search for Sierra.

KRISTI, HELPED IN THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA, CALIFORNIA (via telephone): Well, we searched lots of areas up in the mountains. We searched along sides of bodies of water through really large brush and just, you know, looking for any possible clue that we could. We even went door-to-door on some of the searches asking neighbors what, you know if they suspected anybody or knew anybody who could do this. Have they noticed their neighbors, you know, acting differently, changing their appearance and what not.

But, I did have a question regarding, I guess, a legal question about the possibility of a legal ability to search every, you know, property out there. Do -- can they do that? Can they take dogs on the property with, you know, some kind of court order?

Hey, that's me!

Cool!  

Wow, so they actually have people other than LE questioning the neighbors?  I didn't realize they would ask volunteer searchers to go door to door, seems like that could be dangerous?

We went in groups of 3-4...we came across a few rude people and a few weirdos! Do I think the weirdos have anything to do with Sierra, probably not, but I do think LE needs to take a second look at some of them! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #661 on: April 07, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »

Another thing that stood out to me that Nancy Grace sort of said in passing...was that apparently Rick may have had other things to do when searches were going on. 

That reminded me of reading about one of the vigils for Sierra, it was stated that Marlene was there but Rick couldn't make it.  This was after the one that I'd posted pictures of him attending with Marlene and his daughter Ashley.

kristipartyof5, if you're still here...when you went to search were Sierra's parents at the search center?  Was Rick Gardiner there?  TIA

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: April 07, 2012, 01:21:16 AM »

GRACE: Joining me right now is a special guest, Kristi in California who actually has helped in the search for Sierra. Thank you for calling in. Describe what you did in the search for Sierra.

KRISTI, HELPED IN THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA, CALIFORNIA (via telephone): Well, we searched lots of areas up in the mountains. We searched along sides of bodies of water through really large brush and just, you know, looking for any possible clue that we could. We even went door-to-door on some of the searches asking neighbors what, you know if they suspected anybody or knew anybody who could do this. Have they noticed their neighbors, you know, acting differently, changing their appearance and what not.

But, I did have a question regarding, I guess, a legal question about the possibility of a legal ability to search every, you know, property out there. Do -- can they do that? Can they take dogs on the property with, you know, some kind of court order?

Hey, that's me!

Cool!  

Wow, so they actually have people other than LE questioning the neighbors?  I didn't realize they would ask volunteer searchers to go door to door, seems like that could be dangerous?

We went in groups of 3-4...we came across a few rude people and a few weirdos! Do I think the weirdos have anything to do with Sierra, probably not, but I do think LE needs to take a second look at some of them! 

Hopefully they will.  Glad you were in groups.  You just never know if you could knock on the door of someone with something to hide even if it's not Sierra.  If you know what I mean.  I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #663 on: April 07, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »

Hey, that's me!
Wow, I say "you know" a lot!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #664 on: April 07, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »

Hey, that's me!

Cool!  

Hopefully they will.  Glad you were in groups.  You just never know if you could knock on the door of someone with something to hide even if it's not Sierra.  If you know what I mean.  I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that.
One of the neighborhoods we did was here in Gilroy, a fairly upscale neighborhood...I felt comfortable going door to door! I didn't feel that we would get any useful info from it...but you never know!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #665 on: April 07, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »

Another thing that stood out to me that Nancy Grace sort of said in passing...was that apparently Rick may have had other things to do when searches were going on. 

That reminded me of reading about one of the vigils for Sierra, it was stated that Marlene was there but Rick couldn't make it.  This was after the one that I'd posted pictures of him attending with Marlene and his daughter Ashley.

kristipartyof5, if you're still here...when you went to search were Sierra's parents at the search center?  Was Rick Gardiner there?  TIA

I saw her dad and her mom...I haven't ever seen the boyfriend other than once on the news...not a close enough shot to recognize him if I saw him in person!
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #666 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:28 AM »

So...looking at google maps...it seems as though the only structure or building that look as though it has cactus near it...and we came across lot of cactus on our searches in Morgan hill...is actually on the north side of Laguna Ave./Fisher Rd. east of Santa Teresa. That was where the sheriff stated her bag was found. Not on Santa Teresa like originally stated!

Bump
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: April 07, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »

kristipartyof5, Rick is in the red jacket in the photos below

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/03/the-stuff-of-nightmares-sets-in-for-family-of-missing-morgan-hill-girl/7098/#2

Marlene LaMar, left center, mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar, 15, of Morgan Hill, attends a candlelight vigil for her daughter at Washington High School in Fremont, Calif. on Friday, March 23, 2012. To her right is her boyfriend Rick Gardiner and his daughter Ashley Gardiner, 13, of Morgan Hill. Sierra, who has been missing since March 16, formerly attended Washington High School. (Jane Tyska/Staff)

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/03/the-stuff-of-nightmares-sets-in-for-family-of-missing-morgan-hill-girl/7098/#9

Marlene LaMar, right center, mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar, 15, of Morgan Hill, attends a candlelight vigil for her daughter at Washington High School in Fremont, Calif. on Friday, March 23, 2012. To her right is her boyfriend Rick Gardiner of Morgan Hill. (Jane Tyska/Staff)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: April 07, 2012, 02:16:38 AM »

Marlene's FB profile picture enlarged

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1370561642

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: April 07, 2012, 02:22:14 AM »

I lightened this to see if I could tell what Rick was looking at.

Look how that lady is looking at him!  Wonder if she knows them?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: April 07, 2012, 03:06:59 AM »

So...looking at google maps...it seems as though the only structure or building that look as though it has cactus near it...and we came across lot of cactus on our searches in Morgan hill...is actually on the north side of Laguna Ave./Fisher Rd. east of Santa Teresa. That was where the sheriff stated her bag was found. Not on Santa Teresa like originally stated!

Bump

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1598&start=350

Posted by mtnDweller: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 am
The building and cactus where the Juicy purse, clothing and books were found is at 1.37 minutes into the video. Cactus at left of screen. Sheriff Laurie Smith in black pant suit.
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=186144

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=186144

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:42 AM »

http://g.co/maps/qyas9

From Google maps, not sure but I think this may be the same building...if it is the same building it has grown up a lot around it, but look at the paint on the building...

The green marker (B) is at the corner of Santa Teresa/Hale and Laguna/Fisher, the red arrow points to the building I'm trying to get a closeup shot of

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »

Thanks TM

How recent is the google?  Was that a mattress or truck seat?  The building looks like it could hide a vehicle.  So many questions.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #673 on: April 07, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »

Thanks TM

How recent is the google?  Was that a mattress or truck seat?  The building looks like it could hide a vehicle.  So many questions.

Forget the google question.  I was looking at the news screen shot.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: April 07, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »

Thanks TM

Forget the google question.  I was looking at the news screen shot.

Still on my first cup.  I don't see what you're talking about (bbm)...still looking. 

I think the google maps are pretty old too, judging by other maps that I've looked at in this case.  Someone said in another forum they thought maybe up to four years old.  There is a better one that I can't remember the name of now.  It was one I hadn't used before but you could follow the road and look around.  I could have done that on the google map too if I'd had a specific address on that road to put in I guess... 

I'm just not real good with the map thing, but I do TRY.    Confused

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: April 07, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »

A simple "Rick left the home prior to my 6:00 AM departure" would have sufficed.

Janet

++++

Rick Gardiner

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: OK. Got it. Back to Marlene LaMar. That morning, was there anyone else in the home other than you and Sierra?

LAMAR: No, no.

<snipped>

GRACE: To Marlene Lamar, this is Sierra`s mom. Now, you have a boyfriend. Does he live in the home?

MARLENE LAMAR, SIERRA LAMAR`S MOTHER (via telephone): Yes, and he`s been cleared as a suspect. And so I just want to focus on her search and, you know, continue the questioning. You know, I just want to say that. He`s been cleared as a suspected.

GRACE: I`m glad to know that. As a matter of fact, I already knew that and had not planned to ask you any questions regarding him as a suspect. But since you have now brought it up, Miss Lamar, you told me no one else was in the home that morning. Where was he?

LAMAR: He -- he left before me. That morning.

GRACE: So he was in the home that morning?

LAMAR: Yes. But he had left before me.

GRACE: OK. Because you earlier told me no one else was in the home but you and sierra.

LAMAR: Well, he left. I`m sorry. I`m still in shock by everything I heard on your show. But he left after me. So the sheriffs know all the information.

<snipped>

GRACE: Back to Marlene Lamar. Did the boyfriend leave the home before or after you?

LAMAR: He left before me. He left before me.

GRACE: And he was gone, what, to work?

LAMAR: Yes, so me and Sierra were alone in the house, because he did leave before me. And he`s not --

GRACE: OK, and he logged into work on time, correct?

LAMAR: He`s cleared. And I just think it`s wrong to talk about this when we need to talk about, you know, the real situation of where --

<snipped>

GRACE: OK, Miss Lamar, I`m sure that you just heard Marc Klaas state, as did I, that police look first at family, friends, acquaintances, neighbors, delivery people. And what viewers are trying to help find Sierra. So when they have questions of this nature. I`m sure that there are innocent answers.

LAMAR: Yes. I know that`s part of this.

GRACE: I`m concerned at you being so defensive about it. If he left that morning and went to work. Great. But by you continually throwing up roadblocks, that`s what is causing the problem.

LAMAR: No, I`m not. I want to find -- we both want to find my daughter.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: April 07, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »

The School Books ... The Juicy Bag

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

GRACE: You stated, Sheriff Smith, that you found her school books. Were they in her Juicy couture bag?

SMITH: Everything was together in the one location that we found wedged between a building and a big cactus.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. Wedged between a building and a what?

SMITH: And a cactus, kind of a bush is where we found it. And I don`t know if the books were actually in the bag or -- but they were all found together.

GRACE: Well, that`s interesting because it seemed to me, from my understanding, the bag had just been thrown. But now I`m hearing they`re wedged between a cactus and a building, as if they were intentionally hidden there. Is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: You know, it`s hard to tell. It could have been thrown. It could have been placed there. We can`t really tell. It looks like either could have been done.

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: April 07, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »

So many unanswered questions regarding Rick Gardiner.  Why?  Marlene has shared regarding her alleged contact with Sierra on the morning of March 16th but ... not a word from or about her elusive boyfriend.

Sheriff Smith has shared that Marlene and Steve submitted to polygraphs but only states that Rick Gardiner has been talked to.

Janet

+++++

Sheriff Smith

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

<snipped>

GRACE: ... Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.

<snipped>

Sierra LaMar Search Moves to Waterways
updated 3/28/2012 11:16:31 PM ET

<snipped>

Simth also said that polygraph tests have been done on both Sierra's mother and father as well as other family members. She would not comment on the results, but investigators have said all along that Sierra has a good relationship with her parents

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46883032/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/

Marc Klaas

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

To Marc Klaas, do you know where the boyfriend worked and did he report to work on time? It`s really very simple.

KLAAS: I don`t know where he works. I know what kind of work he does. But I also know that both Rick and Steve have taken and apparently passed polygraph exams. And I`ve met the man --

GRACE: That is good to know, Marc Klaas. That`s very good to know.

KLAAS: Nancy, I`ve metric several times, and he seems like a regular guy to me. I don`t -- my intuition may be wrong, but I don`t believe he`s involved in this girl`s disappearance.

<snipped>

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: April 07, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Cadaver Dogs Brought to Search for Teen Cheerleader

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, upscale San Jose area. A 15-year-old cheerleader, loves music, loves to dance, literally an all- American girl, set to leave for the school bus that morning. Sierra never makes it to the bus stop or to school, the little cheerleader never seen again, cell phone found thrown in a nearby field, belongings, her favorite little Juicy couture bag abandoned, her favorite top we think she was wearing that morning neatly folded inside the bag.

Police say Sierra grabbed in the sliver of time between mom leaving for work that morning and her getting to the bus stop less than an hour later. A search team finds an empty box for steel handcuffs and used condoms near the school bus stop.

Bombshell tonight. At this hour, investigators bringing in cadaver dogs in three key spots. Tonight, what do the cops now know? And where is missing cheerleader Sierra LaMar?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a terrifying new development.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Cadaver dogs assisting us in this investigation.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She`s only 15 years old.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a missing person case.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sierra, you know, if you`re out there...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And we`re just relying on information as it comes in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (INAUDIBLE) dogs out to the property.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Two used condoms.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the field where the cell phone of the missing teen was found.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The evidence is very telling because it tells us the story of what happened.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators went door to door.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Search teams have been probing the creeks and fields near the LaMar home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We want you home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police have uncovered an ominous looking empty box with the words "steel handcuffs" written on it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Searchers found that box. It has a sticker right on the side of it that says "stainless steel handcuffs."

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I hope she`s OK! Get her home safe (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sierra, we love you. And we can`t wait for you to come home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. Live, upscale San Jose area. A 15-year-old cheerleader, literally an all-American girl, set to leave for the school bus that morning, never seen again.

At this hour, investigators now bringing in cadaver dogs to three key spots. Tonight, what do the cops now know? And where is Sierra LaMar?

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Henry K. Lee joining us out of California, reporter with "The San Francisco Chronicle." Henry, why are cops honing in on those specific three areas, including Morgan Hill? Go ahead.

HENRY K. LEE, "SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE": Well, Nancy, the locations being searched are about 15 miles south of Morgan Hill, the cities of Gilroy and San Martin, which is in between those two cities. Police are not saying why they`re focusing on that area other than to say they have brought in cadaver dogs, an ominous development indeed.

GRACE: You know, David Lohr, senior crime reporter, HuffingtonPost, it is ominous when cadaver dogs are brought in -- not scent dogs, not tracker dogs, cadaver dogs. And it`s my understanding -- have any bodies of water been searched with water cadaver dogs?

DAVID LOHR, HUFFINGTONPOST (via telephone): Nancy, we know that they`ve divers come in. They`ve cleared several of the waterways around there. As far as the cadaver dogs they have out there today, we know they have three of them out there. And the authorities say they`re looking for a crime scene or any sign of Sierra, possibly clothing she was wearing or items like that that might indicate what happened to her.

GRACE: With me right now, special guest Brad Dennis, K9 handler and director of search operations for Klaas Kids Foundation. Brad Dennis, I first learned about water dogs in the middle of an arson investigation, and I learned that dogs could smell accelerants underwater, such as gasoline. After that time, I found out about water cadaver dogs, cadaver dogs that can scent the smell of decaying human tissue underwater.

Explain how that works, Brad Dennis.

BRAD DENNIS, K9 HANDLER, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, they are trained to, you know, obviously, alert to the odor of human decomposition. That odor releases itself from the different oils from our body. Once the body is submerged in water, it`ll float to the top. The dog at that point can then be working on a boat and provide as trained indication back to its handler.

GRACE: Well, it`s amazing to me, Brad Dennis. Let`s see that video again of the cadaver dog in the boat, going out on a body of water. There you see the dog down on the right, the black dog down on the right. Let`s see -- there`s another dog jumping into a boat.

How do they smell it through the water, Brad?

DENNIS: Again, you know, there`s -- there`s oils will end up floating back up to the top. We`ll work a boat in kind of a zig-zag type of a grid pattern to make sure that the dog is either working directly into the wind or into the current, and allow that odor to kind of come right across the bow of the boat so the dog can actually at that point be able to pick up on that odor.

GRACE: You know, that makes perfect sense, Brad Dennis, K9 handler, director of search operation for Klaas Kids Foundation. Brad, so you`re saying, in layman`s terms, that the human oil that is emitted from the decaying or decomposure process goes -- floats to the top of the water, and that`s what the dog picks up. They`re not necessarily smelling something down, you know, many feet below water. They`re smelling something that is now floating on top of the water.

Is that what you`re saying?

DENNIS: Yes, immunity, the body may very well be all the way down at the bottom. But as it sits down on the bottom, those oils, as well as the rest of the decomp fluids, will begin to drift up to the top. And then that`s where the dog is actually alerting, is when those oils pop up to the top.

GRACE: At this hour, police intensifying the search and bringing in cadaver dogs to three key areas in the search for missing teen cheerleader Sierra LaMar.

And what is so hard to take in is that her mom was with her that morning, getting ready as usual, getting ready to go to work. She, Sierra, was getting ready the go to the school bus stop. Between the time this child`s mom leaves for work and she should get to the bus stop, she is abducted.

We are taking your calls. Back to you, Brad Dennis, K9 handler and director of search operations -- Brad, we typically start with search dogs or scent dogs, sometimes called bloodhounds. But now cadaver dogs are being brought in. What does that say to you, Brad Dennis?

DENNIS: Well, just have -- recently being out there, I know how invested the Santa Clara sheriff`s office is in this case. They are bringing out every tool that they have available to them.

This is a process of elimination. They have to go into some of these areas and eliminate them. One of the best tools to be able to do so is the cadaver dogs. Like you said, they have deployed trailing dogs in the past. But you know, every single day that goes by, it`s more and more urgent.

GRACE: Joining me right now, speaking of the Santa Clara County sheriff`s office, special guest Sheriff Laurie Smith. Sheriff, thank you for being with us.

You have honed in on three key areas. Can you divulge why these three spots?

SHERIFF LAURIE SMITH, SANTA CLARA COUNTRY (via telephone): We`re looking at high-probability areas. And we know the odds. We know that there`s a chance that she`s not alive. But our mission is to return this young girl home safely and put the bad guy in jail.

GRACE: Joining me right now, Matt Zarrell. Matt, at this hour, police cadaver dogs brought out to three key areas, police intensifying their search. After a lull in the search for Sierra LaMar, suddenly, the search has intensified, including with cadaver dogs, Matt.

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Yes, Nancy, and it`s not just one cadaver dog, it`s three cadaver dogs in separate locations. They`ve also looked at waterways, reservoirs in the area. They`ve had the dogs on the water that you`ve seen on the video looking for a dead body. They were prepared to send divers in if there was a hit. They`re still searching.

And Nancy, we`re also still waiting for information on the evidence we talked about earlier, the evidence of the handcuff box and the condoms. We`re still trying to find out -- it could be connected to Sierra`s disappearance.

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith, the relatively unweathered box containing -- once containing steel handcuffs and used condoms -- how far away from the school bus stop were they found?

SMITH: I would guess probably about a half a mile. And those items are at the lab now. We`re doing DNA testing on the condoms, and we`re anxiously awaiting any kind of forensic analysis on everything that we have submitted to the lab.

GRACE: What else have you submitted, Sheriff?

SMITH: We`ve submitted the telephone. We`ve submitted the clothing and bag that was found. We have submitted samples from Sierra. So there`s a great amount of items being processed right now for DNA, for fingerprints, for trace evidence.

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith joining us from Santa Clara County sheriff`s office there in San Jose. Sheriff, could you expand on the theory that she may have been kidnapped by someone that knew her -- knew her maybe even in a loose context, such as knew of her movements, had seen her at that bus stop?

SMITH: We believe she was taken. We believe she was abducted. It could either be an acquaintance or a stranger. Sierra was a strong-willed girl. Most of her friends and her family don`t believe she would have gotten in a car voluntarily. That may lead us to stranger, but it also could be acquaintance. We`re exploring everything. We`re looking at both.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No one saw her at the bus stop. The bus driver says he didn`t see her that morning.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All indications are that she left home, that something may have happened during the short distance from the home to the bus stop.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`ve lost a child. The whole community feels like we`ve lost a child.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the field where the cell phone of the missing teen was found.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And we`re just relying on information as it comes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Search teams have been probing the creeks and fields near the LaMar home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We want you home. I just hope she`s OK! Get her home safe and (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sierra, we love you. And we can`t wait for you to come home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls in the search for Sierra LaMar.

And joining me right now is her mother. Marlene LaMar is joining out of Morgan Hill, California. Ms. LaMar, thank you for being with us.

MARLENE LAMAR, SIERRA`S MOTHER (via telephone): Yes. I`m glad to be here.

GRACE: Ms. LaMar, the timeline -- let`s go through that morning again. I`m sure you`ve been through it a million times with the police. What happened that morning?

LAMAR: Well, that Friday morning, I was getting ready to leave for work about 6:00. And I gave her a hug good-bye, like I always do, and wished her a good day. And she did the same to me, you know, said, I love you and have a good day. And I left at 6:00 o`clock.

And then I was told, you know, as far as -- the text that was sent was after 7:00, pretty much right before she leaves to take the bus, which is about 7:15 (INAUDIBLE) catch the bus. The bus usually comes about 7:25.

And she also took -- it was on her laptop, a picture of herself around the same time, close to the time that she texted her friend from school before leaving for the bus stop. And...

GRACE: So you have her alive and well at what time, about 7:10, snapping that photo of herself?

LAMAR: At 7:15 because she was always in a rush to go to school. So I`m pretty sure it was probably 7:15, as far as, you know, doing that stuff. It was after -- like, close to 7:15, when that -- as far as the timeline.

GRACE: Did she attach a message with the photo that she texted to her friends?

LAMAR: That I don`t know. But I know that the photo was taken right before she left for the bus stop.

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith with Santa Clara County sheriff`s office. Sheriff Smith, with that text -- let`s see the text again, please, that she sent out the morning she goes missing. She sent this around 7:15 AM. There it is. Was there a message with the photo, Sheriff?

SMITH: The photo is actually separate from the text. There was a text message to one of her friends, and her friend answered the text. It was nothing that was critical to the investigation. I think she was just asking her to bring something to school.

GRACE: Well, to me, that is critical in itself because you`ve got the missing girl asking a friend, Can you bring something to me at school, which indicates this girl is not a runaway. She was intending on meeting up with her friend at school.

And Sheriff Smith, what time was that text to her friend?

SMITH: I think it was around 7:11 to -- yes, 7:11. And we believe that she was planning to go to school based on the items that we found that we`ve discussed in the past, her school -- her school books. That`s why -- and after talking with all of her friends, she would have told somebody. We believe that it was an abduction.

GRACE: You stated, Sheriff Smith, that you found her school books. Were they in her Juicy couture bag?

SMITH: Everything was together in the one location that we found wedged between a building and a big cactus.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. Wedged between a building and a what?

SMITH: And a cactus, kind of a bush is where we found it. And I don`t know if the books were actually in the bag or -- but they were all found together.

GRACE: Well, that`s interesting because it seemed to me, from my understanding, the bag had just been thrown. But now I`m hearing they`re wedged between a cactus and a building, as if they were intentionally hidden there. Is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: You know, it`s hard to tell. It could have been thrown. It could have been placed there. We can`t really tell. It looks like either could have been done.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And we`re relying on information as it comes in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Search teams have been probing the creeks and field near the LaMar home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I just hope she`s OK! Get her home safe and (INAUDIBLE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Welcome back, everybody. With me, Sheriff Laurie Smith, the sheriff for now 14 years. Also with me, the mother of missing cheerleader Sierra LaMar.

We are taking your calls. Out to you, Georgina, California. Hi. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I love your show. My question for you is if she has a boyfriend? And who was the last person that sees her when she left? I mean, I really want to know, does she has a boyfriend?

GRACE: That`s an excellent question. To Marlene LaMar. This is Sierra`s mom joining us, asking for your help. Did she have a boyfriend, Ms. LaMar?

LAMAR: No, she did not have a boyfriend. And she didn`t have any interests, like a crush or if anything like that, for the last month.

GRACE: Was anyone texting her or e-mailing her that had a crush on her?

LAMAR: Well, that I don`t know. But Sierra was attractive and she was approachable and she was friendly to everybody. So that wouldn`t surprise me.

GRACE: To Sheriff Smith. Have you uncovered anyone who has a crush on her? I assume -- you have the phone, so you can read texts and e-mails if they come through the phone. You have her laptop. What, if anything, have you learned, Sheriff?

SMITH: Sierra was very social. She`s outgoing. And she had many, many friends. I don`t know about crushes. But we`ve talked with all of her friends, sometimes multiple times, and we don`t get any leads going that direction. We`re not done. We`re still looking and we`re still interviewing.

GRACE: OK. Got it. Back to Marlene LaMar. That morning, was there anyone else in the home other than you and Sierra?

LAMAR: No, no.

GRACE: And what time exactly did you leave for work?

LAMAR: Pretty close to 6:00 o`clock.

GRACE: Do you have a home alarm?

LAMAR: No. No.

GRACE: OK. So I`m just trying to figure out that timeline. We know her last text and e-mails were around 7:11, 7:15. So in the space of being (ph) to the school bus stop at 7:25, this all goes wrong.

It`s my understanding that dogs picked up her scent to the bottom of the driveway, is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: They did pick up her scent going out of her house. I`m not sure how far the scent had gone. And there`d been a lot of rain and wind that day.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a terrifying new development.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Cadaver dogs assisting us in this investigation.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She is the missing person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sierra, if you`re out there.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re just relying on information as it comes in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Take the dogs at the property.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Two used condoms.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The evidence is very telling because it tells us a story of what happened.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators went door-to-door.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Search teams have been probing the creeks and fields near the Lamar home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police have uncovered an ominous looking empty box with the words steel handcuffs written on it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Searchers found that box. It has a sticker on the side of it that says stainless steel handcuffs.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I just hope she`s OK.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Get her home safe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sierra, we love you. And we can`t wait for you to come home.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: We are back in taking your calls in the desperate search for this little girl, 15-year-old cheerleader, Sierra Lamar. Goes missing in the time between her mom leaving to work and her leaving the home to catch the school bus.

Unleash the lawyers, Georgia Goslee, Renee Rockwell, Peter Odom.

To you, Peter Odom, as always, people close to the family come under suspicion first.

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Right.

GRACE: That would be ex-husband. That would be boyfriend. That would be next door neighbor. Pizza delivery guy, Preacher, teacher. That`s who you look at first. Why Odom?

ODOM: Because almost all homicides are committed by people close to the victim. And that`s why they start with the people very closest, family member, spouses. Then they go to the next level. Acquaintances, then the next level teachers, coworkers. That`s what they`ve done in this case. This just appears to be a stranger situation, Nancy. They`re very rare.

GRACE: To Marlene Lamar, this is Sierra`s mom. Now, you have a boyfriend. Does he live in the home?

MARLENE LAMAR, SIERRA LAMAR`S MOTHER (via telephone): Yes, and he`s been cleared as a suspect. And so I just want to focus on her search and, you know, continue the questioning. You know, I just want to say that. He`s been cleared as a suspected.

GRACE: I`m glad to know that. As a matter of fact, I already knew that and had not planned to ask you any questions regarding him as a suspect. But since you have now brought it up, Miss Lamar, you told me no one else was in the home that morning. Where was he?

LAMAR: He -- he left before me. That morning.

GRACE: So he was in the home that morning?

LAMAR: Yes. But he had left before me.

GRACE: OK. Because you earlier told me no one else was in the home but you and sierra.

LAMAR: Well, he left. I`m sorry. I`m still in shock by everything I heard on your show. But he left after me. So the sheriffs know all the information.

GRACE: To Marc Klaas, president of Klaaskids foundation. He`s also heading up a search for Sierra.

Mark, I recall the story of when your daughter Polly, you`re wearing her photo right now as usual, went missing from her home. Police immediately came to you. And wanted and did question you as to your whereabouts. Wants to search your place, your car, everything. Explain why it is so important for family members, relatives, neighbors and people close to the family to cooperate. And not be defensive. To just cooperate.

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Sure. Justice Peters said that the majority of homicides are committed by somebody close to the victim. So are abductions. They`re generally family centric or close friend centric. Therefore it`s incumbent upon all of us that are in family or that are close friends to do absolutely everything we can to clear ourselves from suspicion so that law enforcement can then move their resources to the other possibilities. Friends, peripheral contacts, registered sex offenders within the community, and then the most elusive of all, the stranger scenarios.

GRACE: Back to the lawyers. Georgia Goslee, former federal prosecutor out of D.C. Renee Rockwell, Atlanta, Peter Odom, Atlanta.

Renee, weigh in.

RENEE ROCKWELL, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Besides the local sex offender registry Nancy, have they interested in knowing if there`s any construction sites around that area.

GRACE: That`s a good point.

To Marlene Lamar, this is Sierra`s mom. Are there construction sites close to the home? Is there anything unusual going within, say for instance, a mile radius of the home?

LAMAR: Well there`s a grass farm area. There`s nurseries.

GRACE: And to you, sheriff, that would be probably a very high turnover of workers, correct?

SHERIFF LAURIE SMITH, SANTA CLARA COMPANY, SHERIFF`S OFFICE (via telephone): Yes. Those types would be high turnovers. We`ve got total cooperation from the employers in giving us information on the employees. We have talked with many of the farm workers and people working in the area, including gardeners, including people doing work on people`s homes.

GRACE: You know, an interesting thing about those books that you mentioned.

To Marlene Lamar, this is Sierra`s mom, would her books all fit into her juicy couture bag?

LAMAR: I -- I`m trying to think about the size of the bag. It would be kind of squished in there. Usually she --

GRACE: Did she normally carry her books separate from the bag?

LAMAR: Usually, yes.

GRACE: OK. That leads me back to the other question, sheriff, which I find very interesting and very possibly probative, Sheriff Smith. It doesn`t sound like her books were in her bag. Whoever placed them there had to leave prints on them, sheriff. Were they printed?

SMITH: All of the evidence is being processed, and I know that they`re looking for fingerprint also. And we haven`t gotten any results for the crime lab yet. And we`re anxiously awaiting that.

GRACE: How long has it been?

SMITH: I`m not certain when they were sent to the lab. So I`m not sure how long.

GRACE: Well, you know to you, Woody Tripp. Typically, they would be sent immediately. And you can tell on a fingerprint analysis whether you`ve been able to pick up latent prints immediately. Explain how you do it.

WOODROW TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Absolutely, Nancy. With fingerprints, unlike DNA, it can be almost immediate. It`s just a matter of retrieving the prints and then processing them by a fingerprint examiner. That examiner will immediately look at them.

The only clause is if you have something to compare with those prints. You can certainly rule her out though, if her prints were on file or if there`s something that may have her fingerprint.

GRACE: Right.

TRIPP: That way, you can determine what other plans --

GRACE: What about acres?

TRIPP: That`s one of the things that the examiner does is submit the prints into acres and hopefully get a match. But again, they have to be entered in there by a suspect.

GRACE: We are taking your calls as we go to break.

::snipping2::

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And I gave her a big hug.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sierra Lamar is missing. High school cheerleader.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Texted at 7:11. And tries to catch the bus. Usually leaves the house at 7:15 and catches the bus at 7:25.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But Sierra never makes it on the school bus.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s just weird that none of us have any idea.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When is the last time you saw her?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: At 6:00 that morning.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But Sierra never makes it on the school bus.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I hope she knows that we are looking for her.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: We are taking your calls in the search for Sierra. In the last hours, police call out Cadaver dogs in three key areas. Why? What, if anything, more did they know about the search for Sierra?

I want to go straight to Dr. Bill Manion, medical examiner, joining us tonight out of New York. Dr. Manion, question. A very un-weathered cardboard box that contained steel handcuffs and used condoms were found very close to the school bus stop where this child was headed. What, if anything, will we learn from that?

DOCTOR BILL MANION M.D., MEDICAL EXAMINER, NEW JERSEY: Well, the condom has two sides. The inside and the outside. So the outside will be checked for DNA, because if that was in contact with the female, the female DNA will be there, and they`ll be able to compare it to Sierra`s DNA.

Also, they`ll check the inside and get that DNA, the sperm DNA and compare it with felony data bases that the state may have, that the FBI may have. So, hopefully they`ll get a hit on one of these things and at least it will have some idea that she was at this place, that she was assaulted. I guess, the reason they picked those towns is seems to have left things a certain direction. Maybe that`s the direction he wanted to go, to either dispose of a body, or to get away, to head in that direction. So, perhaps that`s why they`re going in that direction. Or they may have a great number of convicted sex offenders in there. Or there may be offenders in the area.

GRACE: Very quickly, Dr. Bethany Marshall, psychoanalyst and author of "deal breakers". We have the shirt we believe she was wearing that morning, although it was a hoodie. She could have had something under it, folded up neatly in her juicy couture pocketbook. Her books, together with the juicy bag, wedged between a building and a cactus. We find her cell phone apparently thrown into a field. But it`s interesting to me to find the purse wedged between a structure. As if it was put there. Bethany?

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR, DEALBREAKERS: It was put there, Nancy. And you know what, no 15-year-old girl is going to put their juicy couture bag on the ground. So, we know the perp did it.

The fact that the books are with the purse, it`s almost as if everything is lovingly preserved together, which makes me wonder, did the perpetrator know this girl? The phone is thrown out the window, seemingly, but the books and the purse are not. Because if the books and purse were thrown, they would have been scattered as well. So now you have an offending pattern.

The person who picked her up may have known her. She goes to try to call out. The perpetrator grabs the phone, throws out the window. He has to act very quickly. He has a limited time horizon or time window. So did he know her? Had he left a job? Was he another student? Was he a man with a family and he got out, offended and had to return home really quickly, and then somehow the purse and the books were preserved all in one area, as if that could not be scattered as well.

I think it`s very strange that this evidence is leaking out so slowly. What did Miss Lamar`s boyfriend observe when this little girl was leaving the house? That is such a treasure-trove of information. And I do urge her to --

GRACE: The thing is though, Bethany, she tells me that the boyfriend had left before she did. So the last person to actually see Sierra is the mom. The boyfriend was already gone.

MARSHALL: But now she`s saying that he left after she did. So the story hole is what did this boyfriend observe? And in particular is as a psychoanalyst --

GRACE: Hold on. Hold on. Let me clear it up, Bethany. I think you`re right.

Back to Marlene Lamar. I think you did state that. Did the boyfriend leave the home before or after you?

LAMAR: He left before me. He left before me.

GRACE: And he was gone, what, to work?

LAMAR: Yes, so me and Sierra were alone in the house, because he did leave before me. And he`s not --

GRACE: OK, and he logged into work on time, correct?

LAMAR: He`s cleared. And I just think it`s wrong to talk about this when we need to talk about, you know, the real situation of where --

GRACE: OK, Miss Lamar, I`m sure that you just heard Marc Klaas state, as did I, that police look first at family, friends, acquaintances, neighbors, delivery people. And what viewers are trying to help find Sierra. So when they have questions of this nature. I`m sure that there are innocent answers.

LAMAR: Yes. I know that`s part of this.

GRACE: I`m concerned at you being so defensive about it. If he left that morning and went to work. Great. But by you continually throwing up roadblocks, that`s what is causing the problem.

LAMAR: No, I`m not. I want to find -- we both want to find my daughter.

GRACE: OK, great. Bethany, weigh in.

MARSHALL: Well, I think a word from Miss Lamar, truthfulness about when your boyfriend left the house is not the same as betraying him. Your duty is to your daughter and not to your boyfriend. And there`s only one story.

GRACE: I agree. I think she misspoke. I think he left before her. What about it, Georgia?

GEORGIA GOSLEE, FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTOR: Just a little curious. I would like to know a little more about the boyfriend. I would like to know about the past record, if in fact he does one. And unfortunately, we don`t want to put a glaring light on him. But maybe he has friends and associates. And I know that she feels a little defensive about it, but it needs to be looked into. I think.

GRACE: I agree. I agree. At this point police are telling me the boyfriend has been cleared. But I agree with you, Georgia, until those questions are answered, the viewers are trying to help. And you know, when you`re in the middle of a search for your daughter, to state that you have something else you have to do, it`s a little disturbing. But I get it. I get it. Feeling under the gun. Under the spotlight. Let me give you the tip line for sierra again. 408-808-4431.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

GRACE: To you, Henry K. Lee, did the boyfriend report to work that morning? And how far away did he work?

HENRY K. LEE, REPORTER, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE: Well, for all intents and purposes, I`m glad you asked that question. Because the sheriff`s office is saying to the public, if you know of anyone who has not reported to work, is acting suspiciously, has a strange injury, or has some unexplained absence, we need to know about it. As far as the boyfriend goes, I don`t have any information that suggests there was anything --

GRACE: OK. Let`s ask the sheriff. Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.

GRACE: David Lorh, did the boyfriend report to work on time?

DAVID LOHR, SENIOR CRIME REPORTER HUFFINGTON POST: We don`t know that yet, Nancy.

GRACE: Henry K. Lee, do you know where he worked?

LEE: I do not, and I just want to clarify, just because we don`t know this thing, doesn`t mean he might be someone that they are honing more attention.

GRACE: No, it does not.

To Marc Klaas, do you know where the boyfriend worked and did he report to work on time? It`s really very simple.

KLAAS: I don`t know where he works. I know what kind of work he does. But I also know that both Rick and Steve have taken and apparently passed polygraph exams. And I`ve met the man --

GRACE: That is good to know, Marc Klaas. That`s very good to know.

KLAAS: Nancy, I`ve metric several times, and he seems like a regular guy to me. I don`t -- my intuition may be wrong, but I don`t believe he`s involved in this girl`s disappearance.

GRACE: Good to know.

KLAAS: At all.

GRACE: Good to know. I`d like to just get simple answers to simple questions so we can then move on with the investigation.

END

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »

I know that some people are going to jump all over Marlene Lamar for her seeming indecisiveness on Nancy Grace last night.

This morning, I kept thinking about a comment she made...

So out of curiosity, I copied the portion of the transcript BEFORE Marlene Lamar is brought into the show and looked at something.

A search for the word "cadaver" alone brought 19 hits.

They're talking about her baby!  I can understand her being out of sorts after listening to the first part of the show.

And then...

Can you imagine being Sierra's mother and hearing the in depth discussion about how dogs get the scent of a body under water?

And KNOWING they've been looking for your baby that way?

I can't.  I probably wouldn't have been able to answer anything to anyone's satisfaction either!

jmo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.