March 18, 2024, 10:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 517786 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »

Unless it has been learned by authorities that Rick Gardiner returned after he allegedly left the home prior to 6:00 AM ... unless there is an unreported witness ... my take is  that Sierre Lamar was last seen by her mother on the morning of March 16th to commute 40 miles to Fremont.  At that time Marlene claims there was an exchange of warm and fuzzies between her and her daughter.

The morning dynamics in our household were much different.  Rushing out the door ... I would be yelling back at my teenage kids ... "Get out of bed this minute!" "Consider yourselves warned ... if you miss that bus again ...!"  "Don't forget to lock-up!"  "No ... you may not wear those jeans you just bought with holes in the knees."  Maybe ... just maybe ... as an afterthought ... if I had not already shut the door behind me ... my last words would have been "Have a good day"

Janet

There are days in our home where I'm yelling at my 12 yo son to hurry up...but most of the time he is ready before me...I always tell him I love him and wish him a good day! Sometimes he gives me a hug too! Smile

The scene in your home ... for the most part ... reflected the scene in our home when the kids were 12 years old but ... 14 years and up ... the dynamics changed.  Sleeping in until the last moment was where it was at.  I would have loved to be a fly on our wall after I left the home.  The scene must have resembled a Charlie Chaplin movie.  The kids missed the bus ONCE.  It never happened again.  A much anticipated weekend youth outing for son didn't happen and ... an important horse show for daughter didn't happen.  Anyway ... it is payback time for daughter.  Her son is 14 years old and ... in another 9 years it will be payback for eldest son.  His son will be the same age.  I can't wait.

Kristi ... you have a good heart.  Thank you for your time afforded to the search effort.  My husband's nephew who resides in the San Jose area along with several members of his church has participated in two searches.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: April 13, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/13/divers-search-underwater-for-california-girl-after-sonar-images-detect/
Divers search underwater for California girl after sonar images detect suspicious objects
April 13, 2012

::snipping2::
Divers from the Santa Clara Sheriff's Office began searching the Chesbro Reservoir Thursday after sonar pictures detected areas of concern, Fox affiliate KTVU-TV reported.

"Based on the size and shape and shadowing that we're seeing from the side scan sonar, we'd just like to go back and take a second look at them," Santa Clara County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rodriguez said. "They are larger than normal objects."

The search of local reservoirs, including Chesbro Reservoir and Uvas Reservoir, will continue on Friday, authorities said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search-for-sierra-marches-on-costs-unknown/article_9f9db4f2-a100-5455-9f91-63c4575b51c9.html
Search for Sierra marches on; costs unknown
Four weeks, 7,500-plus hours of searching difficult to put a dollar sign on, authorities say
April 13, 2012

With more than 7,500 personnel hours devoted to the nearly month-long search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, authorities are saying they haven’t started thinking about how much the investigation might cost in terms of tax dollars.

Even making an estimate of the cost so far would require complicated number-crunching that Santa Clara County hasn’t devoted resources to yet, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

The scores of detectives and deputies working on the case since March 16, the day Sierra, 15, was reported missing, are not only local personnel, but they are assisting the county from other agencies including San Mateo County and the FBI, Cardoza explained.

When those other agencies help out with the search for Sierra and any other case through “mutual aid agreements,” those other agencies pick up those personnel costs without billing the county, Cardoza said.

But whatever the costs are so far, “It’s not going to prevent anything they’re doing” to investigate the case, said Santa Clara County Supervisor Mike Wasserman, who represents the South County district.

“I’ve seen all the organizations and agencies (working on the search) and they’re all working together, and nobody’s talking about dollars,” Wasserman said. “I don’t think in this kind of instance, that things will be curtailed because of cost. People will find a way to do all that’s necessary to find a resolution.”

The founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, a nationwide nonprofit that provides search services to the families of missing children, said the cost to conduct such searches is the last thing he thinks about.

“That’s never been a factor,” said Marc Klaas. The foundation has been in Morgan Hill searching for Sierra LaMar since March 20. Their daily costs are minimal compared to the sheriff’s since they have solicited thousands of volunteers to conduct the searches.

Plus, Klaas noted, efforts rely significantly on donations such as the school district’s donation of the closed Burnett Elementary School for use as a temporary volunteer search headquarters, a $12,000 donation from Intero Realty, plus countless smaller donations of supplies such as food and bottled water from individuals, clubs and businesses.

Klaas said the most immediate financial impact is often felt by the families of the missing persons, who often take time off work to search for their loved ones.

“They suffer in many ways resulting from this kind of thing,” Klaas said. “Sometimes people even lose their jobs because of these things.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #883 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »

Unless it has been learned by authorities that Rick Gardiner returned after he allegedly left the home prior to 6:00 AM ... unless there is an unreported witness ... my take is  that Sierre Lamar was last seen by her mother on the morning of March 16th to commute 40 miles to Fremont.  At that time Marlene claims there was an exchange of warm and fuzzies between her and her daughter.

The morning dynamics in our household were much different.  Rushing out the door ... I would be yelling back at my teenage kids ... "Get out of bed this minute!" "Consider yourselves warned ... if you miss that bus again ...!"  "Don't forget to lock-up!"  "No ... you may not wear those jeans you just bought with holes in the knees."  Maybe ... just maybe ... as an afterthought ... if I had not already shut the door behind me ... my last words would have been "Have a good day"

Janet

There are days in our home where I'm yelling at my 12 yo son to hurry up...but most of the time he is ready before me...I always tell him I love him and wish him a good day! Sometimes he gives me a hug too! Smile

The scene in your home ... for the most part ... reflected the scene in our home when the kids were 12 years old but ... 14 years and up ... the dynamics changed.  Sleeping in until the last moment was where it was at.  I would have loved to be a fly on our wall after I left the home.  The scene must have resembled a Charlie Chaplin movie.  The kids missed the bus ONCE.  It never happened again.  A much anticipated weekend youth outing for son didn't happen and ... an important horse show for daughter didn't happen.  Anyway ... it is payback time for daughter.  Her son is 14 years old and ... in another 9 years it will be payback for eldest son.  His son will be the same age.  I can't wait.

Kristi ... you have a good heart.  Thank you for your time afforded to the search effort.  My husband's nephew who resides in the San Jose area along with several members of his church has participated in two searches.

Janet

Thanks! I sort of look forward to the day when my kids sleep in...they are all up at the crack of dawn...and even earlier on weekends! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: April 13, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »

Unless backup is afforded ... I consider the claim of when Sierra went missing only speculation.  What has been revealed?  There was an alleged sighting by her mother that Sierra was alive and well at 6:00 AM.  Have investigators considered possibilities that imply that Sierra may never have left her home alive?

Janet

++++++

Volunteers To Conduct Searches for Sierra Lamar This Weekend 
Fri, 13 Apr 2012

MORGAN HILL (KRON)--Volunteers, led by the KlaasKids Foundation, will be out this weekend conducting searches for evidence into the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra Lamar who has now been missing for four weeks.

The weekend searches come after sheriff's divers searched the Chesbro Reservoir Thursday and Uvas Reservoir Friday for evidence into the teen's disappearance.

Meanwhile, Sierra's family announced Wednesday the creation of an official website dedicated to the search and safe  return of the teen who disappeared on March 16. The webpage, www.FindSierraLaMar.com, will post new information,  search details and resources as they become available, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which provides search-and-rescue services for families of missing people.Friends, family and members of the community can leave messages on  the site, which also hosts blog updates from Sierra's family members.

Police say Sierra went missing nearly a month ago, as she walked to a bus stop to go to school. Since her disappearance, volunteers and authorities have conducted extensive searches of the area surrounding Sierra's home.

<snipped>

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3800

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: Ms. LaMar, the timeline -- let`s go through that morning again. I`m sure you`ve been through it a million times with the police. What happened that morning?

LAMAR: Well, that Friday morning, I was getting ready to leave for work about 6:00. And I gave her a hug good-bye, like I always do, and wished her a good day. And she did the same to me, you know, said, I love you and have a good day. And I left at 6:00 o`clock

<snipped>

GRACE: ... It`s my understanding that dogs picked up her scent to the bottom of the driveway, is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: They did pick up her scent going out of her house. I`m not sure how far the scent had gone. And there`d been a lot of rain and wind that day.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/SF-Giants-Pitch-In-to-Help-Find-Sierra-LaMar-on-FB-147313805.html

Search Comes Up Empty for Sierra LaMar on Month Anniversary
Sheriff search, but don't find, Sierra LaMar in Uvas reservoir

By Marianne Favro/Lisa Fernandez
|  Friday, Apr 13, 2012  |  Updated 2:55 PM PDT

Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators and search crews came up empty on Friday on the one-month anniversary of the disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra Lamar.

Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the underwater search and rescue team did not find the 15-year-old Thursday while they scoured the Chesbro reservoir. And the team also didn't find her on Friday, when they dove to eight spots within the Uvas reservoir.

Sgt. Don Ray, who is in charge of the underwater search, said investigators chose the spots based on a review of sonar images showing objects that seemed out of place.

One of the divers, Peter Robinson, told NBC Bay Area that searching in the reservoir is like diving in darkness, it's almost impossible to see anything. All searches, he said, are based on touch.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #886 on: April 13, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/SF-Giants-Pitch-In-to-Help-Find-Sierra-LaMar-on-FB-147313805.html

Search Comes Up Empty for Sierra LaMar on Month Anniversary
Sheriff search, but don't find, Sierra LaMar in Uvas reservoir

By Marianne Favro/Lisa Fernandez
|  Friday, Apr 13, 2012  |  Updated 2:55 PM PDT

Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators and search crews came up empty on Friday on the one-month anniversary of the disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra Lamar.

Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the underwater search and rescue team did not find the 15-year-old Thursday while they scoured the Chesbro reservoir. And the team also didn't find her on Friday, when they dove to eight spots within the Uvas reservoir.

Sgt. Don Ray, who is in charge of the underwater search, said investigators chose the spots based on a review of sonar images showing objects that seemed out of place.

One of the divers, Peter Robinson, told NBC Bay Area that searching in the reservoir is like diving in darkness, it's almost impossible to see anything. All searches, he said, are based on touch.

Thanks Klaas. I was praying something would turn up.  an angelic monkey

Where is she?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #887 on: April 13, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

Hoping and praying they will find her soon!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: April 14, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-missing-california-teen-search-underwater/story?id=16139366
Sierra LaMar: Search For Missing California Teen Goes Underwater
April 14, 2012

Nearly a month after her disappearance, the search for missing teen Sierra LaMar has moved underwater.

Divers searched two reservoirs near the teen's Morgan Hill, Calif., home but did not find any signs of the missing cheerleader.

Investigators plan to analyze underwater sonar images taken earlier this week.

Despite the severe weather much of the state experienced on Friday, volunteers plan to spend the weekend searching for LaMar, 15, who disappeared on March 16 while on the way to catch her school bus.

Video at Link

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #889 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »

Hope and pray you're safe this weekend with the tornadoes.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #890 on: April 14, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-missing-california-teen-search-underwater/story?id=16139366
Sierra LaMar: Search For Missing California Teen Goes Underwater
April 14, 2012

Nearly a month after her disappearance, the search for missing teen Sierra LaMar has moved underwater.

Divers searched two reservoirs near the teen's Morgan Hill, Calif., home but did not find any signs of the missing cheerleader.

Investigators plan to analyze underwater sonar images taken earlier this week.

Despite the severe weather much of the state experienced on Friday, volunteers plan to spend the weekend searching for LaMar, 15, who disappeared on March 16 while on the way to catch her school bus.

Video at Link

So I guess LE is "assuming" that they are looking for a deceased Sierra. Oh how I pray that's not so.  an angelic monkey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: April 14, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »

Kristi ... where are you?  An update on today's KlaasKids search would be appreciated.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

More searches planned for Sierra LaMar
Posted:   04/11/2012 06:15:49 AM PDT
04/11/2012 06:15:54 AM PDT

Three more community searches for missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar are set for the coming week as police continue to look for clues.

The missing persons group KlaasKids Foundation is organizing the searches, which will last from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and should bring a photo identification to check in at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Ave. in Morgan Hill.

<snipped>

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20367464/more-searches-planned-sierra-lamar

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: April 14, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »

Hope and pray you're safe this weekend with the tornadoes.

Thanks sassifrass, some wind here today but that's all so far.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: April 15, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3688054766828&id=1438974192

8 hours ago via mobile ·

Our family day started with a big breakfast made by my husband, Costco run, walking around the flea market and a hike in Morgan Hill. But our true appreciation for our family came on our hike when we came around a curve and ran into one of the search teams for the missing Sierra Lamar... Take time and appreciate your kids and say a prayer for Sierra! Really hit home for us today...

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: April 15, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

Kristi ... where are you?  An update on today's KlaasKids search would be appreciated.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Three more community searches for missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar are set for the coming week as police continue to look for clues.

The missing persons group KlaasKids Foundation is organizing the searches, which will last from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and should bring a photo identification to check in at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Ave. in Morgan Hill.

<snipped>

I couldn't help search yesterday...had plans with the kids...not able to make it out today either. Sad I will be there during the week while the boys are in school if they're doing search.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »

Thanks

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

I couldn't help search yesterday...had plans with the kids...not able to make it out today either. Sad I will be there during the week while the boys are in school if they're doing search.

Thank you Kristi.

Enjoy your children.  Making memories is where it is at.

I hope your day is good.

Janet
9:20 AM PT

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: April 16, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/LaMar-Family-Remembers-Missing-Teen-One-Month-Later-147530315.html

LaMar Family Remembers Missing Teen One Month Later
Sierra LaMar's family will mark the passage of a month with a balloon prayer release Monday at 6:30 p.m. at Burnett Elementary School.
Sunday, Apr 15, 2012  |  Updated 7:46 PM PDT

The family of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar will mark the one-month anniversary of her disappearance tomorrow as searches of the area around her home continue.

LaMar has been missing since Friday, March 16, when she did not show up for school after leaving home to walk to a nearby bus stop, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

Her family will mark the passage of a month with a balloon prayer release Monday at 6:30 p.m. at Burnett Elementary School.

"This month has truly been a nightmare," Sierra's father Steve LaMar said. "But our volunteers have given us faith, hope and the perseverance to continue in our search efforts. This balloon release will give us a chance for all of us to get together in prayer for Sierra."
The search will continue on Wednesday and next Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers can check in between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Burnettt Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill.

Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, with identification
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: April 16, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »

Family Marks One Month Without Sierra LaMar
Teen disappeared March 16.
5:57 am

The family of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar will mark the one-month anniversary of her disappearance today as searches of the area around her home continue.

LaMar has been missing since Friday, March 16, when she did not show up for school after leaving home to walk to a nearby bus stop, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office

<snipped>

The search for LaMar continued this weekend, with more than 600 volunteers helping search, pass out fliers and promote fundraising efforts, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which is organizing the volunteers.

More than 56 volunteer search teams went out, extending the search
radius to 20 miles from Sierra's home, foundation officials said.

The search will continue on Wednesday and next Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers can check in between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Burnettt Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill.

<snipped>

http://milpitas.patch.com/articles/family-marks-one-month-without-sierra-lamar

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: April 16, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »

The Mounting Costs

Considering Sierra Lamar's angry Tweets of March 13th/15th
... what if Sierra Lamar met her demise prior to the dawning of March 16th following an out-of-control confrontation with her mother regarding plans for the weekend?  What if Marlene Lamar  is not being truthful regarding a 6:00 AM contact with her daughter ... a 6:00 AM contact that implied that Sierra was alive and well?

Considering Marlene Lamar's upholding of her elusive boyfriend ... what if ... out of a misguided sense of love ... the elusive Rick Gardiner participated in a cover up ... a cover up that involved an electronic staging that deceptively gave the impression that Sierra Lamar was alive and well at 6:29 AM and 7:11 AM ... a coverup that involved the planting of a cell phone and a Juicy bag to indicate a kidnapping ... a Juicy bag which was neatly packed by Marlene Lamar prior to her 6:00 AM departure from the home to embark on a 40 mile commute to Fremont where an ex-husband resides ... an ex-husband with whom Marlene Lamar has a good relationship.

Considering the mounting costs of the investigation on so many levels to the California  taxpayer IF the preceding scenario ultimately reflects the truth regarding the happenings encompassing the demise and disappearing of Sierra Lamar ... the Santa Clara County sheriff will have a lot of explaining to do IF those closest to Sierra were not fully investigated prior to being ruled out as persons of interest.

In the process of elimination ... in the pursuit of truth ... in the pursuit of justice ...

1.  Did Marlene Lamar, Steve Lamar and the elusive Rick Lamar submit to and pass polygraphs regarding  knowledge/actions/whereabouts in the 24 hour period prior to the March 16th 6:30 PM electronic communication that Sierra Lamar's mother received from the school?

2.  Were vehicles belonging to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar siezed and forensically tested?  Where cadaver dogs utilized?

3.  Were residences and properties connected to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar considered crime scenes and search accordingly?

4.  Were cell phone records connected to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar requested and obtained?

5.  Were computer hard drives associated with Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar analyzed?

Why have officials yet to provide simple answers to simple questions ... simplie answers that have the ability to lift the veil of suspicion regarding to those closest to Sierra Lamar.

Justice for Sierra Lamar demands that ALL avenues of investigation are travelled.  Embracing only the words of those closest to Sierra Lamar as the gospel truth is a betrayal to those who prayerfully and monetarily support the search effort ... it is a betrayal to the volunteer searchers ... it is a betrayal to the California taxpayer ... it is a betrayal to those whose hard earned bucks are the foundation of the "safe return" reward fund and ... ABOVE ALL ... it is a betrayal of justice for Sierra Lamar.

Could it be that one month later ... the time has come for FBI involvement?

Janet

+++++

Investigative Costs

Search for Sierra marches on; costs unknown
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:20 pm
Updated: 11:29 am, Fri Apr 13, 2012

<snipped>

With more than 7,500 personnel hours devoted to the nearly month-long search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, authorities are saying they haven’t started thinking about how much the investigation might cost in terms of tax dollars.

Even making an estimate of the cost so far would require complicated number-crunching that Santa Clara County hasn’t devoted resources to yet, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

The scores of detectives and deputies working on the case since March 16, the day Sierra, 15, was reported missing, are not only local personnel, but they are assisting the county from other agencies including San Mateo County and the FBI, Cardoza explained.

When those other agencies help out with the search for Sierra and any other case through “mutual aid agreements,” those other agencies pick up those personnel costs without billing the county, Cardoza said

<snipped>.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search-for-sierra-marches-on-costs-unknown/article_9f9db4f2-a100-5455-9f91-63c4575b51c9.html

The "Safe Return" Reward Fund

Sierra LaMar’s Family Announces Reward For Her Safe Return
April 7, 2012 12:44 PM

MORGAN HILL (KCBS)— The family of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar announced on Saturday a $10,000 reward for the first person with information leading to her safe return.

The money comes as the search for the 15-year-old enters its fourth week. Search teams from KlaasKids Foundation once again headed out from the Sierra LaMar search headquarters at Burnett Elementary.

Sierra’s father Steve LaMar read from a carefully worded flyer to make the morning announcement.

Marc Klaas, whose foundation is leading the search effort and whose daughter Polly was kidnapped and killed in 1993 said Sierra’s family struggled with the wording of the announcement.

Part of their dilemma was whether or not information leading to a person who caused Sierra harm should be included.

“They felt that at this point in time with their hopes still very high, that the only way they wanted to put this reward out was with her safe return,” Klaas said

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/04/07/sierra-lamars-family-announces-reward-for-her-safe-return/

KlaasKids Foundation

Searches for Sierra LaMar winding down
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 7:12 pm | Updated: 7:32 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012

<snipped

People can also help by donating supplies and money to assist in the search efforts.

Daily volunteer searches such as those that drew more than 2,000 volunteers last week are “not sustainable” for the foundation for now, Klaas said. On Sunday, more than 500 people showed up to volunteer for the search efforts. The search radius was expanded to 20 miles from Sierra’s north Morgan Hill home.

“We’ve turned the administration of the searches primarily over to the community and family, but we’re going to continue to provide mapping for the search efforts, and our team will be available to come out again as necessary,” Klaas said.

<snipped>

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/searches-for-sierra-lamar-winding-down/article_7142e5ce-7d32-11e1-b7f5-001a4bcf6878.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: April 16, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

Vigil tonight for missing Sierra LaMar
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:39 am
Updated: 1:04 pm, Mon Apr 16, 2012

It’s been one month since Sierra LaMar’s parents discovered their 15-year-old Morgan Hill daughter was missing. Tonight, Sierra’s family will hold a special vigil and balloon release at Burnett Elementary, 85 Tilton Ave., at 6:30 p.m. to mark the one-month anniversary.

<snipped>

Burnett has been the headquarters of the volunteer search, led by the KlaasKids Foundation that has received thousands of volunteers to aid in the search from across California.

Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office has dedicated more than 7,500 personnel hours, checking out more than 1,200 leads.

Sierra went missing March 16 on her way to her school bus stop, never making it to the bus or school that Friday morning. Her parents reported her missing around 6 p.m. that day.

Volunteer searches will continue for the missing teen Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at Burnett Elementary.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/vigil-tonight-for-missing-sierra-lamar/article_e48900c0-02fd-5b16-b579-2949912b5fc3.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.