March 28, 2024, 07:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 518946 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2012, 02:24:15 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/KTVU/status/185544196327870464
KTVU
‏ @KTVU
 Follow

Breaking News: Box with handcuffs and condoms found in Morgan Hill field while searching for Sierra Lamar. Live report at 7 on TV36.

8:49 PM - 29 Mar 12 via TweetDeck  · Embed this Tweet

Have we heard any more about this? Is it related to the Sierra case? 2 condoms probably means 2 people.

I haven't seen anything else about it so far Sassifras.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Moves-Off-Road-Saturday-145289505.html

Sierra LaMar Search Moves Off-Road Saturday
The sheriff's off-road unit will use ATV's to search the South Coyote Creek Trail area Saturday for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.

By Sara Gaiser
|  Saturday, Mar 31, 2012  |  Updated 7:13 AM PDT

Investigators will take the search for missing teen Sierra LaMar off road Saturday, Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office officials said.

The sheriff's off-road unit, mounted on ATVs, will search the South Coyote Creek Trail and the Cochrane Road to Bernal Road area Saturday, officials said.

The continuing search for LaMar, 15, follows the discovery Thursday of suspicious items near her home, including an empty box labeled "stainless steel handcuffs" and a couple of used condoms.

It is not clear whether the items, discovered by volunteer searchers with the KlaasKids Foundation at the end of Palm Avenue west of Santa Teresa Boulevard in Morgan Hill, are connected to the case, Santa Clara County sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
 ::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: March 31, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/3/31/2916419/alex-smith-san-francisco-49ers-missing-girl-sierra-lamar

Alex Smith Assisting Search Team Looking For Missing Teenager Sierra LaMar
by Scott Coleman • Mar 31, 2012 10:45 AM PDT

Alex Smith, a multi-millionaire and celebrity in the Bay Area, has never met Sierra LaMar. Before this week, it's almost guaranteed that the 49ers quarterback had never even heard of her name. A person's true colors show in a time of adversity, and Smith is showing everyone just how good of a guy he is this weekend.

On Saturday, Smith took some time out of his busy schedule and helped join the search team.
Edit to add clickable twitter link for those that would like to see his tweets.  MB
https://twitter.com/#!/CamInman
 Cam Inman@CamInman
RT @HaleyNikolee: S/O to Alex Smith for helping the search team find Sierra LaMar. #Respect > 49ers QB class act in volunteering
31 Mar 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Pretty awesome. It's stuff like this that reminds you that these NFL players are people just like you and I are, and some of them truly are considerate individuals. Good for you, Alex Smith. Good for you.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:19:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: March 31, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/jennyyyismail/statuses/186141138728648704

Jessica Lal
‏ @dilasha88
 Follow

Alex Smith 49ers QB, woke up this morning and brought food and water to the volunteers looking for missing Bay Area teen Sierra LaMar.
Retweeted by Jennifer Ismail 
RETWEET
12:18 PM - 31 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: March 31, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

Would a kidnapper/rapist bother to wear condoms?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: March 31, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8602035

Search for Sierra goes on; Police examine evidence
Friday, March 30, 2012

by Terry McSweeney, Karina Rusk, and Tomas Roman

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Sierra LaMar, 15, disappeared two weeks ago Friday, on her way to school in Morgan Hill and search teams are not giving up. Professionals and hundreds of volunteers continue to look for her. One operation wrapped up Friday and another will gear up for the weekend.

Police are examining what they hope will be a valuable find in the search. On Thursday, one of the volunteers found a box that said "Stainless Steel Handcuffs" on the side and contained used condoms. The items were found less than two miles from where the Sierra disappeared two weeks ago. The sheriff's office called the items "suspicious" and will test them. Whether they have anything to do with her disappearance or not remains to be seen and won't be known for at least a few weeks.

Either way, both volunteer search teams and Sierra's family were very aware of the potential evidence Friday. "If it turns out to help us find her, that would be great, but I'm cautious," Sierra's father Steve LaMar said. So too are the professionals. "That tems could've easily been placed out there after Sierra disappeared, has no bearing on Sierra, really, time will tell," search operations director Brad Dennis said.

Santa Clara County investigators know the importance of the find, if any, would not be coming in immediately, the way it might in a movie or TV show. "It's not something where you have a 24-hr turnaround period on that," explained Sgt. Jose Cardoza. "It's, sometimes, a couple weeks process to get any results back."

Sierras aunt and uncle from Maine were there Friday. "At times like this, the family has to come together for support," said her uncle Terry LaMar. Sierra's adopted family is now in the thousands, with hundreds of volunteers showing up every day to help in the search for evidence. "That's the mission and that's what we are out here for, to find whatever clues we can to bring her home," volunteer Andrea Bottazzo said.

The search center has become a well-oiled machine with donations coming in by the truckload gearing up for a massive weekend turnout. "I have not come across anybody who isn't willing to do something. The community has been wonderful," donation coordinator Karah Silacci said.

The biggest gift has been people's time and the generosity is, at times, overwhelming.

Founder of KlaasKids Foundation Marc Klaas, which is coordinating the volunteer search and the man whose daughter Polly was kidnapped and killed in Petaluma in 1993, is amazed for the turnout for Sierra. "Since Polly disappeared 19 years ago, I've not seen people turn out in these large numbers. I think it's absolutely amazing. They're setting a new standard and I hope communities all over the United States are watching this," he said.

For Sierra's family, the community's support could literally be felt across the country. "I'm telling them who I am because I want them to know that the family just appreciates them so much," said Sierra's aunt Barbara Moran.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: March 31, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

Would a kidnapper/rapist bother to wear condoms?

Maybe to not leave DNA that could connect them to the crime?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: March 31, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

Thank you MuffyBee!   

Sorry, I missed that one!   Embarassed

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: March 31, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »

here is a street view of the area    http://g.co/maps/6dgz7

The box did not have handcuffs inside, but they did find at least two used condoms a few feet away.

The items were found about a mile from the LaMar home, in an area that is known to deputies as a place where young people often congregate, Santa Clara Sheriff spokesman Jose Cardoza told Bay City News.

"It does bother us. It's very close to home," Gary Bettcher, who lives right down the road where the items were found.

"At times you see cars parked down there at night, especially now that open space has it, they frequent the road quite a bit," Bettcher added.
 Marc Klaas said after reviewing the evidence, he believes Sierra was likely abducted on the street where she lives.

"Whatever happened to Sierra happened on that block," he told Bay City News
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46900379/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: March 31, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »

Along with 12 members of his church ... my hubby's nephew took part in yesterday's volunteer search effort.  He shared with his Mom (my sister-in-law) that along with other  searchers ... he believed that vehicles belonging to Marlene and Rick should have been siezed and forensically tested prior to focusing the search effort locally.  Nevertheless ... the same group from the church along with others ... will be a part of the search team today.  The youth group with assistance from leaders are serving hot dogs.

Janet

++++++

Investigators Search Hillside For Clues In Sierra LaMar Case
March 30, 2012 11:41 PM

<snipped>

Around 700 volunteers took part in Friday’s search, while more than 2,000 have taken part so far this week. The search for LaMar will continue this weekend on the Coyote Creek Trail, with deputies on ATVs.

<snipped>

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/investigators-search-hillside-for-clues-in-sierra-lamar-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #510 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »

Along with 12 members of his church ... my hubby's nephew took part in yesterday's volunteer search effort.  He shared with his Mom (my sister-in-law) that along with other  searchers ... he believed that vehicles belonging to Marlene and Rick should have been siezed and forensically tested prior to focusing the search effort locally.  Nevertheless ... the same group from the church along with others ... will be a part of the search team today.  The youth group with assistance from leaders are serving hot dogs.

Janet

++++++

Investigators Search Hillside For Clues In Sierra LaMar Case
March 30, 2012 11:41 PM

<snipped>

Around 700 volunteers took part in Friday’s search, while more than 2,000 have taken part so far this week. The search for LaMar will continue this weekend on the Coyote Creek Trail, with deputies on ATVs.

<snipped>

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/investigators-search-hillside-for-clues-in-sierra-lamar-case/

Janet: To your family for being pro-active.  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: March 31, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »

According to sister-in-law who lives in Vancouver, BC ... there are a few churches in the San Jose area busing in searchers to Morgan Hill.  SIL's almost 6' 14 year old grandson wanted to join his father in the search but ... although he may be big enough ... he is not old enough.  Making hot dogs with his peers at the church ... wrapping them in napkins  ... stacking them styrofoam bins and ... loading them on the bus is his part in the effort.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: March 31, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »

According to sister-in-law who lives in Vancouver, BC ... there are a few churches in the San Jose area busing in searchers to Morgan Hill.  SIL's almost 6' 14 year old grandson wanted to join his father in the search but ... although he may be big enough ... he is not old enough.  Making hot dogs with his peers at the church ... wrapping them in napkins  ... stacking them styrofoam bins and ... loading them on the bus is his part in the effort.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #513 on: March 31, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

'Way to go' for those young people doing their part to help out!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: April 01, 2012, 03:06:04 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8603026#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-8603026

Huge volunteer turnout for search for Sierra

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Despite the rain, hundreds of volunteers turned out Saturday to search for Sierra LaMar.

Nothing new was discovered during Saturday's search, which centered in a remote area of San Jose northwest of Morgan Hill.

Search organizer Brian Miller said volunteer turnout was strong despite the weather.

"Today was a rainy day but we were still very happy with today. We had almost 500 new first-time searchers today and we had almost 600 total searchers today."

To have so many people show up on a rainy mornings is a good sign, Miller said.

"I think that puts us in a good position moving forward," he said.

Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies used off-road vehicles Saturday to comb areas in the West Hills, including the South Coyote Creek Trail.

Search efforts have been expanding around the area where Sierra disappeared on her way to school on March 16.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »

Kudos to your family Tamikosmom

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #516 on: April 01, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »

Awesome!! 

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: April 01, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

Another mother's blog about Sierra's case...

http://clduncan75.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/my-worst-fear/

My Worst Fear…

APR

Is actually happening to someone else, just over the hill. She’s the mother of a beautiful teenage girl, just like me- I don’t know her or her daughter, but I know she is beautiful because I see her face every time I turn on the news. Her daughter, Sierra LaMar, is missing. She’s been missing for fourteen days now…FOURTEEN DAYS. Do you know how long that is for a mother, when your child is missing? Every time I start to imagine it, my mind pulls away in fear, and I can’t. I just can’t imagine it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: April 01, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/community-marches-for-sierra

Marchers Gather to Increase Awareness of Sierra LaMar, Send Message to Abductors

About 100 marchers took to the pavement to make sure the missing teen's face remains in the public eye, and to tell would-be abductors that they will not live in fear.

By Michelle Fitzsimmons Email the author March 31, 2012

About 100 marchers braved the rain in Morgan Hill today, spurned on by one objective—to get the face of Sierra LaMar out to the public.

Marchers gathered at the Community and Cultural Center before heading down Monterey Street and marching down Main Avenue. The march, dubbed the Sierra LaMar Community March, sought specifically to involve young people under the age of 18 who aren’t permitted to participate in searches for the missing teen.

“I have a passion for youth and it’s important for them to feel like they are contributing,” said Dori Prado, who organized Saturday’s march. “This is a way for the youth to get involved in the search effort and bring attention to the case.”

Marchers were carrying signs with messages that read, “Sierra LaMar, We Love You!” and “Find Sierra” fliers depicting the Sobrato High cheerleader’s photo and description were passed out to attendees. Blown up poster-board-sized fliers were also given to local businesses to place in their windows.

Pink bows, Sierra’s favorite color, adorned trees along the road and marchers wore pink ribbons in tribute to the teen, who was last seen over two weeks ago.

Saturday also saw the largest volunteer search turnout yet, according to a KTVU.com article. San Francisco 49ers quaterback Alex Smith also reportedly joined the search efforts.

As marchers chanted, “bring Sierra home!” passing cars honked in solidarity. Several community members stood on the corner of Monterey Street and W. Dunne Avenue with a collection box to gather donations from drivers to add to the Sierra LaMar Fund, which was created to help the LaMar family cover search-and-rescue costs and create a reward for information leading to Sierra's recovery.

Marchers, Kyla Redmond, 15, and Mariah Ross, 16, who used to cheer on the same all-star team as Sierra, said they came from San Jose to help in the efforts to keep their teammate in the public’s eye.

“We’re still in shock,” Ross said of her friend’s disappearance.

“It’s hard to believe that she’s not at her house,” Redmond added. “We want to bring more attention to her face and hopefully someone will recognize her.”

Michelle Hernandez, a Gilroy resident whose parents apparently live down the street from the LaMar home, brought her 17-year-old daughter, Sarah, to deliver a message to those who might want to abduct young people.

“We are here to bring awareness to these perpetrators who think they can get away with taking our children,” she said. “The community has had enough.”

Hernandez said she believes the strong turnout of marchers sends a message to would-be child abductors that parents and children are watching, and will not live in fear of them.

“This is our area,” she said. “These are our kids and we’re not going to let them take them from us.”

About 100 marchers took to the streets of Morgan Hill Saturday to bring increase awareness of Sierra LaMar's disappearance. Credit Michelle Fitzsimmons

Marchers of all ages chanted, "Bring Sierra home!" during the Sierra LaMar Community March on Saturday. Credit Michelle Fitzsimmons

Credit Michelle Fitzsimmons

(more pictures at the link)

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: April 01, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/klaaskids-harnesses-power-of-the-youth-in-search-for-sierra-lamar

KlaasKids Harnesses Power of the Youth in Search for Sierra LaMar
KlaasKids Foundation volunteers are figuring out ways to incorporate young people in the effort to find the missing Morgan Hill teen.
By Michelle Fitzsimmons
Email the author
 5:00 am

While their parents helped make yesterday’s volunteer searches for Sierra LaMar the largest yet, around 25 youths under age 18 stayed behind in the cafeteria of Burnett Elementary School, scrawling messages like "Find Sierra LaMar" and drawing big pink hearts on posterboard.
Marc Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, said that a recent Gilroy Patch article asking for suggestions on how youths can help in the search has been a boon of ideas for the effort, though more suggestions are always welcome.

“We need more ideas from young people,” Klaas said. “Because [Sierra] hasn’t been found yet, we need to start planning for the long-term and the more ideas we get, the better suited we’ll be to handle what comes our way.”

He said it’s vital to the momentum of the search to keep new ideas coming so those looking for Sierra don’t have to “reinvent the wheel” every day.

Organizers have been particularly struck by suggestions from the public to hold safety assemblies at schools and to release photos of Sierra in which she isn’t smiling.

“Wherever she is, she isn’t smiling now,” Sanchez said. “We’re working on making new posters with her not smiling right now.”

As the community support in the search grows, Joy said that involving young people in the process is critical to preventing something like this from happening again.

"Prevention is the key,” she said. “This is where it starts as far as education. We can teach young people how to protect themselves better.”

Youths under age 18 who wish to participate in the Teen Brigade can arrive anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. today at Burnett Elementary School at 85 Tilton Ave. If weather permits, youths may team up to deliver fliers door-to-door or post them throughout Morgan Hill.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.