March 28, 2024, 03:01:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 519009 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2012, 12:17:37 AM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/Sierra-LaMars-Father-Gives-Search-Update/146215545

Sierra LaMar's Father Gives Search Update

View more videos at: http://nbcbayarea.com.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »

I'm watching Nancy Grace from earlier tonight.  I don't see a transcript yet, so this is not verbatim.

Nancy asks Marlene Lamar if she knows what shirt was in Sierra's purse.  Marlene Lamar says that she does know what shirt it was, but will not say because she doesn't want to interfere with the police investigation.

Brad Barker, Kidnapping expert and President of the Halo Corporation in San Diego asked if it was typical behavior for Sierra to be packing a bag with extra clothing and that sort of thing for cheerleading practice or changing clothes?  He said this might indicate a behavioral recognition pattern or deviation from the norm which could be a clue as well. Marlene Lamar said Sierra would borrow things frequently from her friends and her friends would borrow her clothes as well.  As far as packing a suitcase, nothing is usually packed in a neat fashion. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:26 AM »

I'm watching Nancy Grace from earlier tonight.  I don't see a transcript yet, so this is not verbatim.

Nancy asks Marlene Lamar if she knows what shirt was in Sierra's purse.  Marlene Lamar says that she does know what shirt it was, but will not say because she doesn't want to interfere with the police investigation.

Brad Barker, Kidnapping expert and President of the Halo Corporation in San Diego asked if it was typical behavior for Sierra to be packing a bag with extra clothing and that sort of thing for cheerleading practice or changing clothes?  He said this might indicate a behavioral recognition pattern or deviation from the norm which could be a clue as well. Marlene Lamar said Sierra would borrow things frequently from her friends and her friends would borrow her clothes as well.  As far as packing a suitcase, nothing is usually packed in a neat fashion. 

The "not neat" part bothered me.  Perhaps she grabbed clothes that were already folded in her drawer.    Still not sure why she would have undergarments included, if she was sharing clothes or returning clothes.  I just don't want to think that she was trying to "kill time" when told to undress.  If the clothes are what she had on, where are her shoes?? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:12 AM »

The "not neat" part bothered me.  Perhaps she grabbed clothes that were already folded in her drawer.    Still not sure why she would have undergarments included, if she was sharing clothes or returning clothes.  I just don't want to think that she was trying to "kill time" when told to undress.  If the clothes are what she had on, where are her shoes?? 

I agree, good points Buckeye.  All things that have been bothering me about the clothes in the purse too.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2012, 01:22:17 AM »

On Nancy Grace tonight:

There was also discussion about the handcuff box and used condoms found.  Sierra’s mom said she has not been told at this time whether or not the items have been directly connected to Sierra.  Marlene Lamar confirmed that DNA samples had been taken from Sierra’s family members, as well as hair taken from her hairbrush; and her toothbrush taken by the FBI.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2012, 01:25:29 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981242437

Sierra LaMar's DNA Obtained by Detectives

April 04, 2012 07:30 PM EDT

The mother of Sierra LaMar spoke with Nancy Grace this evening regarding the disappearance of her daughter along with other details surrounding this case. The short interview segment made mention of DNA samples belonging to the missing 15-year-old cheerleader that were collected by detectives. This DNA will be compared to the used condoms found with the handcuff box last week to determine whether or not the items are tied to the girl's presumed abduction.

::snipping2::

The mother of the missing girl said she was aware of which shirt was found in particular, but couldn't clarify for not wanting to compromise the investigation. Could this mean that the clothing found was the same clothing worn by the girl the morning she was allegedly abducted?

Hopefully with the DNA obtained from the girl's toothbrush and hairbrush forensic experts will be able to determine whether or not the most recent evidence is even connected to Sierra's disappearance. Meanwhile, the search for the young woman is continuing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2012, 01:31:53 AM »

Video from Nancy Grace tonight with Marlene Lamar by phone

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/04/04/mom-missing-cheerleader-speaks-out

Missing cheerleader's mom speaks out

By Stephen Loiaconi

updated 6:34 PM EDT, Wed April 04, 2012

NEED TO KNOW

Police: Missing teen Sierra LaMar may have been abducted
Mother says FBI has collected DNA samples from Sierra’s hair brush, toothbrush
Investigators trying to determine if condoms, handcuff box found during search are connected to case

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »

I just have a feeling  the clothes had blood or something on them.  After initial reports, they added the term "injured".  I was thinking they must have found blood on the purse or clothes because I don't think they used the term injured before then (and if the blood was on the drive I think they would have found it in their initial search). 

More questions than answers.  So sad.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »

I just have a feeling  the clothes had blood or something on them.  After initial reports, they added the term "injured".  I was thinking they must have found blood on the purse or clothes because I don't think they used the term injured before then (and if the blood was on the drive I think they would have found it in their initial search). 

I agree.  One of the reporters at the press conference right after the purse was found asked about urine too.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it. "The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »

I agree.  One of the reporters at the press conference right after the purse was found asked about urine too.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it. "The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said.

Thursday's search is different from the searches that were held over the weekend in purpose. The weekend searches were focused on finding a missing or injured person. Now, the search team is looking for clues that might point to a crime. They will be looking for clothing, tire tracks, a weapon or blood evidence.

snipped too quickly, added another statement from that press conference, that imo goes along with what Buckeye said. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/salinas/Search-for-Sierra-Lamar-shifts-to-Gilroy/-/5738906/10222166/-/kir3svz/-/index.html

Search for Sierra Lamar shifts to Gilroy
UPDATED 5:40 PM PDT Apr 04, 2012

GILROY, Calif. - In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.

From 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Thursday, the sheriff's department will search specific areas in Gilroy and San Martin with human remain detection K-9 dogs.

Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza did not say what evidence prompted investigators to shift their search away from Morgan Hill to Gilroy and San Martin to the south.

Detectives said Sierra did not runaway from home and she was abducted by someone who knew the Morgan Hill area well.

So far, law enforcement and volunteer searches have only taken place in Morgan Hill. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »

I noticed and corrected a couple of errors in this transcript, there could be more.  I didn't check it all closely.  If anyone has a question about a particular part of the show, I don't mind going back and listening to check for accuracy.  However, I'm not sure how long the show will survive on my DVR...DH keeps erasing my stuff for more westerns!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Baby Ava Found Alive in Mexico

Aired April 4, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, upscale San Jose area. A 15-year-old cheerleader, loves music, loves to dance, an all- American girl set to leave for the school bus that morning. Mommy sees her 6:00 AM before Mommy goes to work.

Tonight, confirmed, Sierra never makes it to the bus stop or to school, the little cheerleader never seen again, cell phone found thrown in a nearby field less than a mile from her own home. Her belongings, Sierra`s favorite little Juicy couture bag, found abandoned, her favorite top we think she was wearing that morning neatly folded inside the bag. Police sources say the teen snatched sometime between mom leaving for work and Sierra getting on that school bus less than an hour later.

Bombshell tonight, new evidence surfacing that could crack the case. A search team finds an empty box for steel handcuffs, and disturbingly, used condoms, both found near the school bus stop. Tonight, where is missing cheerleader Sierra LaMar?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Fifteen-year-old Sierra LaMar...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Someone is holding her against her will.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Does someone have her?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The only trace of the 15-year-old...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... her cell phone and purse...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: First LaMar`s cell phone was found on the side of the road. Then her purse discovered not far away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Inside the bag was some of Sierra`s clothing, a pair of pants and a T-shirt neatly folded.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: New clues are emerging in the case.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Two used condoms, as well as a small empty box labeled "handcuffs" were taken by investigators to the crime lab.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s the biggest thing I`ve heard so far.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Every day, we just wonder if she`s OK!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. Live, upscale San Jose area. A 15-year-old cheerleader, loves music, loves to dance, literally the all-American girl, set to leave for the school bus that morning, never seen again.

Bombshell tonight, new evidence surfacing that could crack the case wide open. A search team finds an empty box for steel handcuffs, and disturbingly, used condoms, both found together near Sierra`s school bus stop.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her 15-year-old daughter, Sierra, didn`t make it to school Friday.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She would never want us to go through all this pain.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Search teams have been probing the creeks and fields near the Lamar home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators are also checking up on 276 registered sex offenders in the area.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A lot of information has come in. Lot of unconfirmed sightings of Sierra.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators are mining her laptop for recent contacts but Sierra is described as happy, at home in school.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sierra disappeared while on her way to catch a bus to go to Sobrato high school in Morgan Hill.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Reports that nothing has helped out in the case so far.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Come home, baby. Please come home.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: The scary scenario with which we are dealing is that mommy sees Sierra, her little girl, there she is, Sierra Lamar, a 15-year-old cheerleader, loves school, all focused on her English paper she was working on. Mom leaves to go to work that morning. She never sees her daughter again. Sometime between the time mommy leaves to go to work and Sierra getting to that bus stop, she is kidnapped. That bus stop within walking distance of the home.

Tonight, is there a crack in the case in the search for the missing cheerleader? A box for steel handcuffs and used condoms found near the bus stop. The school bus stop. This is not a public bus stop. This is a school bus stop.

Straight out to Joe Gomez, senior investigative reporter, KTRH.

Joe, a lot of us caught the public school bus. A lot of us stood at that school bus stop waiting on the yellow bus to arrive. That`s what Sierra intended to do that morning. But, she never showed up. Mommy doesn`t find out until she gets home and finds out Sierra never made it to school.

She races to the school, finds out she never made it to the bus stop. She did not get on that yellow school bus that morning and tonight the crack in the case is used condoms and a box, an empty box that once contained steel handcuffs found near the bus stop.

Weigh in, Joe, what do you know?

JOE GOMEZ, SENIOR INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, KTRH: That`s right, Nancy. This is a terrifying new development. Not far from away from the bus top where Sierra possibly would have been kidnapped from, police have uncovered an ominous looking empty box with the words steel handcuffs written on it and near that box, Nancy, near that box two used condoms. Shocking new details here. It`s still unclear if this is related to missing Sierra but if it is, Nancy, my God, what would this mean?

GRACE: Joining me right now is a special guest, Kristi in California who actually has helped in the search for Sierra. Thank you for calling in. Describe what you did in the search for Sierra.

KRISTI, HELPED IN THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA, CALIFORNIA (via telephone): Well, we searched lots of areas up in the mountains. We searched along sides of bodies of water through really large brush and just, you know, looking for any possible clue that we could. We even went door-to-door on some of the searches asking neighbors what, you know if they suspected anybody or knew anybody who could do this. Have they noticed their neighbors, you know, acting differently, changing their appearance and what not.

But, I did have a question regarding, I guess, a legal question about the possibility of a legal ability to search every, you know, property out there. Do -- can they do that? Can they take dogs on the property with, you know, some kind of court order?

GRACE: As a matter of fact, Kristi in California, everyone, with me is one of the searchers who have literally gone door-to-door helping to find information about the missing cheerleader. As a matter of fact, the terrain, very rugged terrain between Morgan Hill and San Jose has been searched by cops. Hundreds of volunteers showing up like Kristi to search for the 15-year-old cheerleader and owners and caretakers of large parcels of land and ranches asked to inspect their land and call police if anything unusual has been found.

Unleash the lawyers on Kristi and her question. Number one, out to you, Mickey Sherman. Large parcel landowners and ranch owners have been asked to search their land and report to police.

Would police need a search warrant to go on land surrounding land parcels, ranches in the area, Mickey Sherman?

MICKEY SHERMAN, AUTHOR, HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THOSE PEOPLE: I think they would. I think they would need probable cause to get a search warrant to do that. By the same token, it seems most of these people are giving their consent to the searches which waives the need or the necessity of a search warrant. But other than that, they would need a warrant.

GRACE: On the other hand, Eleanor Odom, I think Mickey Sherman is correct on the law, but, anything that is in plain view to an individual, to a lay person, is fair game for cops.

Let me give an analogy. If a cop walks by an unattended car and sees crack cocaine, they can immediately go into the car because you see evidence of a crime without a warrant. So anything that a lay person, a civilian, could see, a cop -- that`s open, fair game to a cop.

So regarding large tracts of land and to ranch owners anything that can be seen from the street or from an aerial view is fair game.

But Eleanor, is Mickey Sherman right, and I think he is, that to go beyond what you can see from the naked eye from the street or aerial, you have to have a search warrant for all these farms and ranches.

ELEANOR ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yes, Nancy, you do. He is right. You have to have the search warrant unless it`s something that can be easily scene. However, if cops suspect something or the landowner says, hey, no, you`re going to have to have a search warrant, cops can station themselves there to make sure no one comes in and off the property while they are obtaining the search warrant so you can preserve the integrity of that potential scene. So, you have to be real careful about that.

GRACE: And Karla Bell, of course, the ranch owner, parcel owner could always give permission. You don`t have to have a search warrant if they give permission. And I can`t think of any reason these landowners would not give permission in the search, correct?

KARLA BELL, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: That`s correct, Nancy. If you give consent, then the search is completely valid and evidence found during the search would be obtained correctly.

GRACE: To David Lohr, senior crime reporter with the "Huffington Post," let`s go back to the bombshell tonight what we think may be a break in the case.

A box and police sources are telling me it`s a new box, that it`s not been weathered. It hasn`t been sitting out in the rain, in the wind, and the elements. It`s a new cardboard box that contained steel handcuffs and used condoms found very close to the scene. What with about it, David Lohr?

DAVID LOHR, SENIOR CRIME REPORTER HUFFINGTON POST (via telephone): Yes, that`s correct, Nancy. Searchers found that box. It has a sticker right on the side of it that says stainless steel handcuffs. So, when I talked to local law enforcement out there they said this is the type of box that law enforcement handcuffs come in.

I said, well, do you think it`s related to the case? If we didn`t consider this to be possible evidence, we wouldn`t have taken it. So it`s something they`re looking into very seriously and it could be a major break in this case.

GRACE: And Matt Zarrell, we`ve learned a little bit more about the school bus stop, what do you know, Matt Zarrell?

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Yes, Nancy. There are some former FBI profiles who are suggesting that even though Sierra was alone at this bus stop typically, recently up until the likely abduction, months before that if she had other people going with her at the bus stop, there could have been the perp - could have been watching. And as soon as it`s window down, there were three people at the about bus stop too and then Sierra was alone at the bus stop, that could have made her a very vulnerable target.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sierra`s disappearance is totally out of character.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I was concerned and I called one of her school friends. She said that she didn`t see Sierra that day. I also looked in her room. Saw her phone charger in her room. She always brings her phone charger in.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s better.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And I gave her a big hug.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sierra Lamar is missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: High school cheerleader --

MARLENE LAMAR, MOTHER OF SIERRA LAMAR: The 7:11 and tried to catch the bus, usually leave the house at 7:15 and catches the bus at 7:25. And we don`t know what happened after that. I do know that I received an e- mail at 6:00 from Sobrada high school stating that she was not in attendance, but I got suspicious because I usually text her before I leave for work to see if she`s OK because she`ll be home by usually 4:00, 4:15, and I just check in with her and tried multiple times, four times.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: Right now we are joined by Marlene Lamar. This is Sierra`s mother. Miss Lamar, thank you for being with us.

LAMAR (via telephone): You`re welcome. I`m glad to be present to give this interview.

GRACE: Everyone, the tip line 408-808-4331. With me is Sierra`s mother.

Miss Lamar, what are police telling you tonight?

LAMAR: Just that, you know, I`m aware of the box and the contents that was presented earlier on your show. I`m also aware they`re in the lab as far as trying to reach, you know, any conclusive evidence. I haven`t been notified as far as there being any, you know, link to the case directly.

GRACE: With me is Sierra`s mother, Marlene Lamar.

Miss Lamar, police sources are saying the condoms discovered near the school bus stop were, in fact, used. Have police asked you for any item from the home from which they could get Sierra`s DNA, such as her toothbrush or hair brush?

Yes. The investigators came with people who retrieve DNA from, you know, the immediate family members.

GRACE: I`m sure that they took -- got your DNA, did they, Miss Lamar?

LAMAR: Yes, they did.

GRACE: And from that they could get mitochondrial DNA match which only comes through your mother`s genetic makeup. Did they take a toothbrush or hair brush or anything belonging to Sierra?

LAMAR: Yes, yes, they took the hair from her hair brush and her toothbrush.

GRACE: To Dr. Gwenn O`Keeffe, physician and founder and CEO of pediatricsnow.com, joining us out of the Boston jurisdiction. Dr. O`Keeffe, thanks for being with us.

Dr. O`Keeffe, if these condoms were connected to the case you would expect to find not only the perpetrator`s DNA through semen on one side of the condom but possibly Sierra`s DNA on the other side of the condom, yes/no?

DOCTOR GWENN O`KEEFFE, PHYSICIAN, FOUNDER, CEO, PEDIATRICSNOW.COM: YES, that`s correct, Nancy. They`d find both two different - two distinct DNAs. They would find Sierra`s as well as the perpetrators.

GRACE: Dr. O`Keeffe, when you are looking at a used condom such as the one we believe to have been found near Sierra`s bus stop, how much of the victim`s DNA would be on the outside of the condom? How much do you need to make a positive DNA match?

O`KEEFFE: You know, it turns out you don`t need that much, Nancy, just -- they call it touch DNA, you know. If you just touch something, just a little bit of skin cells is really enough. So if she was -- had any contact with that condom that would be enough to extract some DNA and make a match.

GRACE: Back to Sierra`s mother, Marlene Lamar, is with us and taking your calls tonight.

Miss Lamar, I know that she either tweeted or texted a picture of herself that morning right around the time that you left the home. I also know that one of her shirts was found neatly folded up inside of her juicy couture bag. You told me before it was like a pocketbook, but she kind of used it as a book bag, she would put everything in it.

LAMAR: That`s correct.

GRACE: Do you know what shirt it was that was found in the bag?

LAMAR: Yes, I do, but I don`t want to say what it was exactly. Because I don`t want to interfere with the investigation.

GRACE: To Matt Zarrell, our sources tell us it`s the same shirt she tweeted or texted that morning, is that correct, Matt Zarrell?

ZARRELL: What police are saying the shirt in the photo is very similar and resembles the shirt that was found in the purse, but, Nancy, police do not know when that photo was taken. The photo could have been taken a week or two weeks earlier. They don`t know if she took the photo that morning and then left to go to the school bus and was then abducted.

GRACE: OK. Let`s see the shot that she texted or tweeted, Matt Zarrell.

ZARRELL: Posted on her twitter account the morning of her disappearance.

GRACE: OK. Let`s see that photo and could you please take down all of our writing over it so I can look at the picture, please, Dana, quickly. There you go. What am I seeing? I`m seeing a dark black shirt, it appears to me, it also looks like she may have on a jacket or maybe a hoodie over that.

Matt, what`s the description on that? Do you know, Matt Zarrell, the description on that shirt?

ZARRELL: Yes. We believe the logo you are seeing on that photo is a San Jose Sharks logo that you are seeing on your screen now similar of a sweatshirt.

GRACE: Yes. Now that you`re telling me that, I see it. Yes, now that you`re telling me that, you`re absolutely right. I see it. I see it now.

To Brad Barker, kidnapping expert and president of Halo Corporation, joining us out of San Diego.

Brad, I want to thank you for being with us. What is your analysis of this, Brad Barker?

BRAD BARKER, KIDNAPPING EXPERT, PRESIDENT, HALO CORPORATION: Sure. My question for Miss Lamar would be, is it typical behavior for Sierra to be packing a bag with extra clothing and that sort of thing for cheerleading practice for changing clothes, that sort of thing? That might indicate behavioral recognition pattern that might be a deviation from the norm which could be a clue as well.

LAMAR: Well, she would --

GRACE: Miss Lamar?

LAMAR: Yes. She would borrow things frequently from her friends, and her friends would borrow her clothes as well. And my daughter, as far as packing a suitcase, * was usually packed in a neat fashion.

(*NOTE:  I went back and listened to this part of the show again, and Marlene Lamar says "as far as packing a suitcase, nothing is usually packed in a neat fashion)

BARKER: Thank you very much.

GRACE: Yes. You know, Mr. Barker, all that was found was her juicy couture bag, which was a pocketbook for her. She would sometimes put other things in it. But it was not a bag such as an overnight bag. It was not a suitcase. It was not a backpack. And clothing was not really pack. There was one shirt in there neatly folded up. But nothing to suggest she had packed to leave.

To Dr. Leslie Seppinni, clinical psychologist and author, weigh in, Leslie.

DOCTOR LESLIE SEPPINNI, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, you know, I think the evidence is very telling because it tells us the story of what happened. You know, the evidence has been strewn around. That`s very important when you see that. So, it tells us, a, she was taken, b, she might have been raped on the way, and, c, this person may have had her actually change shirts while in the car with him.

GRACE: Everyone, we are taking your calls.

Is there a break in the case of miss in missing teen cheer leader, Sierra Lamar?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: 15-year-old Sierra Lamar has not been seen since she left her house in incorporated Morgan Hills for this school bus stop at this intersection.

LAMAR: Leaves the house at 7:15 and catches the bus at 7:25.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She never boarded the bus.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: To Marc Klaas, president, founder of KlaasKids Foundation. Police sources telling us tonight, they believe it may be an acquaintance kidnap. Why?

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT, FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, because the trail for Sierra ends at the end of the driveway. And it`s thought, and I agree with this, that she quite possibly could have gotten into a car with somebody that she felt comfortable getting into a car with. And if one is aware of the circumstances or growing where she lives, it`s a very remote place. If you don`t have business being in that neighborhood, you`re absolutely not going to be in that neighborhood.

GRACE: Eleanor Odom, Mickey Sherman, Karla Bell. What about it, Mickey?

SHERMAN: One thing that I heard mentioned though, it bothers me just a bit is the police are looking at all the registered sex offenders. I`m not saying they shouldn`t do that. But sometimes the police become myopic and think that`s where the answer is going to lies. I just hope they are keeping all the possible doors of interrogation and investigation open and not just looking at people who have been lucky, have a yellow card for life and they`re targets.

GRACE: Eleanor.

ODOM: Well, I agree with Mickey. But you have to start somewhere. And looking at registered sex offender is good place to start and that might lead you somewhere else.

GRACE: Karla Bell.

BELL: I would agree that search starting with sex offenders is a good place to start, particularly since her father apparently was a registered sex offender as well. However, I would say about the condoms in this case seem to -- I have issue with them.

GRACE: Wait. Let me point out, he lived 45 minutes away and has been cooperating with the investigation. I don`t want to just slow out the bio dad is a registered sex offender.

CW Jensen?

CW JENSEN, RETIRED PORTLAND POLICE CAPTAIN: This is a pyramid. You have this huge base and you have to keep going up and getting rid of things you can corroborate. You still have to have a multifaceted investigation.

GRACE: Everyone, tip line 408-808-4431.

A box of steel heavies for steel handcuffs and used condoms was found near the school bus stop where this little girl was headed this morning the last time she was seen alive in the space of her mom leaving for work and she goes to the bus stop, she disappears.

END

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2012, 07:56:33 AM »

when i think about the, neatly folded clothes,and in the small bag/purse
i think about what my father taught me,he was a navy man,i still pack
my bag this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQA9Rcm6C0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3iZDNHFPY

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2012, 08:18:39 AM »

when i think about the, neatly folded clothes,and in the small bag/purse
i think about what my father taught me,he was a navy man,i still pack
my bag this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQA9Rcm6C0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3iZDNHFPY

That is a cool way to fold a t shirt! Gonna use that! In musings thread, any tips on folding pants/jeans? Thanks

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #574 on: April 05, 2012, 08:19:48 AM »

The more that I read about the neatly folded clothes, the more I am creeped out.  Especially after texasmom bolded below where Sierra's mom states that Sierra didn't neatly pack typically.  It screams out serial killer type of story to me...one that leaves a message behind.  I mean who would take the time out after a killing to neatly fold clothes and likely gently toss them out of the car.  Plus, how did he have time to do all of this and without anyone seeing anything?  I would check out people in her own neighborhood.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: April 05, 2012, 11:13:35 AM »

Sierra LaMar Expands, Adds QR Code
Thursday, Apr 5, 2012

The search for Sierra Lamar is heading outside of Morgan Hill -- and is now incorporating QR codes.

At 9 a.m. today, the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office will start canvassing areas in San Martin and Gilroy. About 20 members of the department's search and rescue unit will join three canine units, trained in detecting human remains. People have telephoned and emailed more than 1,000 tips since the 15-year-old girl disappeared on March 14.

Another way to collect and disseminate information in the search for the Morgan Hill teen is the use of a QR code -- a scannable graphic that links to an existing website.

Investigators haven't said why they're looking south of Morgan Hill -- whether it's because of one of those tips, a piece of evidence or just a natural extension of the search area.

LaMar's mother and father won't be participating in any more searches for their daughter. The Sheriff's Office has advised against this, to protect them from the trauma of being the ones who'd possibly find their child.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Expands-146266095.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: April 05, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »

Sierra LaMar: Police Hope App Will Help Find Missing Teen
Apr. 5 2012 at 8:17 AM

Police are desperate to find 15-year-old Sierra LaMar so much so that they have issued a "QR" code, which allows anyone with a smartphone to download information about the missing teen.

The code has been released on missing posters of LaMar, making all information about LaMar and the circumstances of her disappearance portable.

Here's how it works:

Make sure your smartphone is equipped with a free QR code app, then point the phone's camera at the image on the poster you see and it will link you directly to a website with more photos of LaMar, information, and hotline phone numbers to call.

Once a QR Code (short for quick response) is created, it can be directed to a Leafs, vCards, Youtube video's, URL's, Facebook, or can downloads files.   

So if you come across a Sierra LaMar poster with w QR Code here's what information you can quickly get on your phone: http://uqr.me/missing-sierra-lamar.

QR codes on posters have become the new milk cartons for missing children. It means people can access the information online easier and share it amongst their friends and family faster, with the hope that LaMar can be found as quickly as possible.

<snipped>

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/04/sierra_lamar_qr_code.php

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: April 05, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Search for Sierra LaMar Using QR Codes
Codes Allow People to Scan and Report Tips
Thursday, Apr 5, 2012

Detectives are using a different approach to get the public involved in the search for missing children, like Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.

San Jose-based Child Quest International has created "QR codes" that put missing child posters in your smartphone. The small, black-and-white squares are printed on posters that are hung, so when people pass it, they can scan the code with standard QR-code app on their smartphone. The code leads them to a website with more photos of the missing child, and the number for a hotline to report any tips.

Stephen Watkins, a Toronto man who works with Child Quest came up with the idea to put QR codes on missing child posters. He tells the Mercury News he got the idea when he was a a Walmart and noticed customers passing missing child posters, glancing briefly and moving on. The QR code makes it possible for you to essentially carry that poster with you, so if you see a missing child, you can report it immediately.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Search-for-Sierra-LaMar-Using-QR-Codes-146269015.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: April 05, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/TerryMcSweeney/statuses/187970428613033986

TerryMcSweeney
‏ @TerryMcSweeney
 Follow

Search of San Martin/Gilroy today for missing teen Sierra LaMar based partly on tips from public.

http://yfrog.com/mny9ncrj

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: April 05, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/TerryMcSweeney/status/187865227155619840

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.