April 19, 2024, 10:11:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 523605 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: April 08, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »

No idea if it's the right one or not, but if you Google Sierra's great uncle's name (Kunio Nakamura) there is one in Japan within the right age range that is President of the parent company of Panasonic.

IF it is him, this is an interesting read imo...

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4040016/Matsushita-appoints-Kunio-Nakamura-as-new-president

Thanks, that is an interesting read!  And thank you for the info on Marlene's mom, I knew that but completely spaced it.   
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #741 on: April 08, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

BMW?  It looks like an old Dodge Dynasty to me.

Excellent kippy! Good catch! 

Here's the pic:

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #742 on: April 08, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »

So comparing the two:

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #743 on: April 08, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »

So comparing the two:

Wow! I just realized that they are the same images. Same pic. One blurred and the other from the web. Look at the rear details. 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #744 on: April 08, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »

Looks like it a 1980's.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KJke3L_YFP1n8A9wSJzbkF?p=dodge+dynasty&fr=yfp-t-521&ei=utf-8&n=30&x=wrt&y=Search

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #745 on: April 08, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=397924126893178&set=a.375750429110548.92122.100000267820480&type=1

As sunlight kissed green fields and fruit trees early Saturday, Sierra LaMar's family awoke to another morning in their three-week-long nightmare.

The bucolic quiet surrounding a part of Silicon Valley that seems barely removed from its agricultural roots belied a desperate search for the 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl who has been missing since March 16.

At a shuttered school that's been turned into a search-and-rescue command center since her disappearance, Sierra's family announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

Authorities believe Sierra was probably kidnapped while walking to catch a bus to her high school. In the weeks since, officials have logged more than 6,000 hours on the case, but they've been unable to locate any significant clues beyond the girl's cell phone and bag, found tossed in a field near her home.

Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, said the family scraped together the reward money through fundraisers and donations to an account set up with Chase bank. "We're hoping it might give someone the motivation to come forward," he said. "We're desperate for anything that can bring her home to us."

This was posted three hours ago

Like ·  · Share · 18 hours ago

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »

The car thing seems odd to me.  They know where the car is parked because they got a photo of it, so then they also know the license plates and have access to the VIN... there's no mystery there.  Unless that is not the actual car.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: April 08, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

BMW?  It looks like an old Dodge Dynasty to me.

Excellent kippy! Good catch! 

Here's the pic:

the front plate is blocked out,did the person who, took pic do that

its also blocked in the twitt img too
http://twitpic.com/972cea

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: April 08, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »

I'm thinking it's not the actual car, maybe just the same make and model of one they think could be suspect?

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: April 08, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/comments/view?f=/c/a/2012/04/07/BATM1O0AUP.DTL&plckItemsPerPage=20&plckSort=TimeStampDescending

::snipping2::

danifrank

9:39 AM on April 8, 2012

I'd like to make a comment regarding the comments of some on this poor girl's character, based on her Twitter tweets, etc. I too thought "Wow, what a messed-up little chick" when I read her tweets last week (someone had posted a link to them here). I did not post any comments to that effect, though.

However, just yesterday I found out from a very close friend of mine that her daughter knew Sierra quite well--they danced together at the same dance studio in Fremont for about five years. My friend also interacted with Sierra several times and said that her online persona was just that--as she put it, "Most teenagers think it's cool to act that way online, but no way was Sierra really like that. Most of them aren't." She added that Sierra was very popular in school and loved going to school--her new hs as well at her former one--so she she and her daughter do not believe there is any chance that she has just run away, sadly. Apparently, Sierra lived in a rural area outside of the regular Morgan Hill city limits and so had to walk to, and wait at, her bus stop alone, sometimes for 20 minutes or more. In other words, a perfect scenario for some scumbag to say, "Hey, instead of having to wait out here, let me give you a ride."

I wanted to share this because I think it adds to the tragedy that this poor teenage girl who cannot defend herself (and is probably dead) is having her character questioned online by some. She does not deserve to have aspersions cast on her character by adults based on her admittedly poor choice of online words.

REPLY  (2)  (0) Popularity: 2

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/07/BATM1O0AUP.DTL#ixzz1rU54SNIO

i was just going to post about that,a friends kid says everyone does that online,twit,ect.
and everyone knows its prob BS,it gets a lot of LOL,among other BS

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »

My guess is that the car is on like they one they are asking about...not THE one. Obviously, if it is THE one, they have found it...JMO

As far as Sierra's online presence...it DOES matter because she was very outspoken online and could have attracted another whole catagory of people than another 15-yr old girl would have done. She talked about drugs, drink, sex, whether she did those things or not, (perverted)readers who don't know her might have been attracted to her. She recently moved and she may, at some point, have posted her new address online to one of her friends, for all we know.

I do agree that she should not be judged by any of this, just as I feel terrible for things that were speculated about Samantha Koenig, when it was obvious to me from the start that she was kidnapped and that the crime seem unrelated to anything to do with her personally. In Sierra's case, though, her kidnapping COULD be related to her online activity...in my opinion.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: April 08, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

Has to be, that's the only way it makes sense.  Be interesting to know who brought in the private investigator.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #752 on: April 08, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »

I'm thinking it's not the actual car, maybe just the same make and model of one they think could be suspect?

LOL! Well I figured that out.  I was just stating that the detectives gave her a pic from the web that MAY be the same as the possible car that took Sierra. Sorry if I came across differently. 

I'll go back to the rafters.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: April 08, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »

LOL! Well I figured that out.  I was just stating that the detectives gave her a pic from the web that MAY be the same as the possible car that took Sierra. Sorry if I came across differently. 

I'll go back to the rafters.   

You're fine!  No need to go to the rafters!  Stay down here with us, you might miss something up there!   

I've been surfing all over the place, so I'm sorry if I said anything that offended, I really haven't paid close attention to all the posts...and didn't mean anything by what I said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: April 08, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »

Has to be, that's the only way it makes sense.  Be interesting to know who brought in the private investigator.

I know the family has been given at least two substantial donations, so I'm thinking they've probably hired them, but I don't know that for a fact.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

a timeline from the morgan hill times

A guide to facts behind the teen’s disappearance
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:36 pm | Updated: 7:17 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012.
more
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search_for_sierra/a-guide-to-facts-behind-the-teen-s-disappearance/article_7d6bd4a8-7a00-11e1-8436-001a4bcf6878.html

Timeline Of Sierra’s disappearance
6 a.m. March 16 - Sierra LaMar’s mother Marlene, and her mother’s boyfriend Rick Gardiner, left their home where they live with Sierra.

6:29 a.m. March 16 - The last “tweet” Sierra posted to her Twitter account.

7:10 to 7:15 a.m. March 16 - LaMar usually leaves home to start walking to her bus stop at Palm and Dougherty avenues.

7:11 a.m. March 16 - LaMar sent a text from her cell phone to a friend of hers. The content of the message is undisclosed.

6:30 p.m. March 16 - Sierra LaMar reported missing, after her family learned she did not attend school that day.

March 17 - Tracking dogs deployed at Sierra’s home, losing scent at the end of the driveway. LaMar’s cell phone found near Scheller Avenue and Santa Teresa Boulevard.

March 18 - LaMar’s “Juicy” brand purse, containing pants, T-shirt and underclothes found near Santa Teresa Boulevard and Laguna Avenue.

March 19 - Authorities begin interviewing friends, classmates and former classmates of Sierra’s. Interviews with sex offenders within a 10-mile radius of LaMar’s home begin.

March 20 - Police announce they have interviewed more than 100 people and investigated more than 150 tips related to the investigation.

March 21 - Search intensifies with more tracking dogs, search-and-rescue volunteers and more personnel from multiple agencies including the FBI. The search includes  a wider land area surrounding Sierra’s home.

March 24 and 25 - More than 60 sworn search-and-rescue officers from Santa Clara County and three nearby counties conducted a widespread search of areas within 12 miles of Palm and Dougherty avenues, plus other remote areas in south county that might be capable of concealing a crime.

Tuesday - The sheriff’s office announced they are treating Sierra’s disappearance as an “involuntary missing person,” declaring it is unlikely she is missing because she wants to be. Also, the KlaasKids Foundation invited volunteers to help in the search, attracting more than 1,400 searchers throughout the week.

Wednesday - Investigators started another intensified search-and-rescue effort, covering areas between Palm and Bailey avenues. That effort included the sheriff’s office dive team, who searched reservoirs and ponds in the area.
more local news
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/site/popular/?type=article

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: April 09, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/comments/view?f=/c/a/2012/04/07/BATM1O0AUP.DTL&plckItemsPerPage=20&plckSort=TimeStampDescending

danifrank

9:39 AM on April 8, 2012

I'd like to make a comment regarding the comments of some on this poor girl's character, based on her Twitter tweets, etc. I too thought "Wow, what a messed-up little chick" when I read her tweets last week (someone had posted a link to them here). I did not post any comments to that effect, though.

However, just yesterday I found out from a very close friend of mine that her daughter knew Sierra quite well--they danced together at the same dance studio in Fremont for about five years. My friend also interacted with Sierra several times and said that her online persona was just that--as she put it, "Most teenagers think it's cool to act that way online, but no way was Sierra really like that. Most of them aren't." She added that Sierra was very popular in school and loved going to school--her new hs as well at her former one--so she she and her daughter do not believe there is any chance that she has just run away, sadly. Apparently, Sierra lived in a rural area outside of the regular Morgan Hill city limits and so had to walk to, and wait at, her bus stop alone, sometimes for 20 minutes or more. In other words, a perfect scenario for some scumbag to say, "Hey, instead of having to wait out here, let me give you a ride."

I wanted to share this because I think it adds to the tragedy that this poor teenage girl who cannot defend herself (and is probably dead) is having her character questioned online by some. She does not deserve to have aspersions cast on her character by adults based on her admittedly poor choice of online words.

REPLY  (2)  (0) Popularity: 2

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/07/BATM1O0AUP.DTL#ixzz1rU54SNIO
Having teenage nieces/nephews, and kids of friends on my facebook...I used to be in shock when I would read their posts...then I discovered that 80% of their posts were lyrics to rap songs!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2012, 01:45:03 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150791889552386&set=a.147283627385.139858.758637385&type=1

Michael Le
One of the COOLEST experiences ever!! Getting to lead 49'ers and their wives/girlfriends ( didn't know their relationship to each player, too focused on searching!) on a search was tons of fun! Great bunch of guys and girls who listened , followed instructions, and searched very thoroughly! If any of them somehow read this, please continue supporting Sierra's safe return home!

I'm a fan now! — with ThuyHien Nguyen.
Share · 7 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:52 AM »

Video of the announcement of the $10,000 Reward for Sierra's return alive and safe.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-family-of-missing-teen-announce-10000/vGrRh/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: April 09, 2012, 04:10:50 AM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.