March 28, 2024, 05:25:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 519025 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »

Sierra LaMar's Purse, Clothing Found
Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it. "The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

From the comment section at the above link:

Karen Mountz-TitusNot to mention, I guess they aren't taking it very serious that another girl was approached by somebody attempting to get her into his truck just the day before, only blocks away! They have the drawing of him that she gave them at the station yesterday - why haven't they released that as a possible suspect? I'm so confused!
Reply · 2 · Like

· Follow Post · March 22 at 11:18am
Mark as SpamReport as Abuse
Nicole Webber · Top Commenter
karen, seriously? where did you read this? i was wondering if something like this had happened in the past!!
Reply · 1 · Like

· March 22 at 11:31am.Mark as SpamReport as Abuse
Karen Mountz-TitusI didn't read it, it's my niece. She was approached Thurday afternoon by someone driving a green truck. He stopped and asked her to get inside - she froze, he started to get out and she ran to the nearest house. She was at MHPD late yesterday afternoon for an artists rendering of the man and a description one the vehicle - a green truck. No idea if it's tied to the case, but they should at least get the info out there for people to be aware. I don't know of any way to get the sketch Nadine. It's police property and they will do with it what they want, which is apparently nothing at this point!!!
Reply · Like

· March 23 at 1:33am
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #801 on: April 10, 2012, 10:08:12 AM »

Thank you Janet..that is quite plausible.  If something happened the night before, they would have had all night to put the handbag where it was found and nobody would have even noticed.

Regarding the tweet of the car picture...I don' t know why Clair took her post down but the original poster of the picture and the one who met with investigators was another friend (Breanna) and she still has it posted as well as several replies from her friends.  I'm only posting this to clear up any confusion..Clair was not the original "tweeter".

kippy: Thanks for clearing that up. I was following Claire on twitter which is probably why I stated her name wrt the photo. I appreciate the clarification!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it. "The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Karen Mountz-TitusNot to mention, I guess they aren't taking it very serious that another girl was approached by somebody attempting to get her into his truck just the day before, only blocks away! They have the drawing of him that she gave them at the station yesterday - why haven't they released that as a possible suspect? I'm so confused!
Reply · 2 · Like

karen, seriously? where did you read this? i was wondering if something like this had happened in the past!!
Reply · 1 · Like

Karen Mountz-TitusI didn't read it, it's my niece. She was approached Thurday afternoon by someone driving a green truck. He stopped and asked her to get inside - she froze, he started to get out and she ran to the nearest house. She was at MHPD late yesterday afternoon for an artists rendering of the man and a description one the vehicle - a green truck. No idea if it's tied to the case, but they should at least get the info out there for people to be aware. I don't know of any way to get the sketch Nadine. It's police property and they will do with it what they want, which is apparently nothing at this point!!!
Reply · Like

Wow, this is interesting...I'm not entirely sure I believe this story...why would she wait from the 15th to the 21 before going to the police?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #803 on: April 10, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »

Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Reply · 2 · Like

Reply · 1 · Like

Reply · Like

Thanks Amy's sister! Apparently there was an attempted abduction in Santa Cruz also. I know it's not Santa Clara, but it's only about 43 minutes away.

http://**/ci_20055939

Man grabs girl on her morning walk to Harbor High School

By Stephen Baxter - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Posted:   02/27/2012 05:04:28 PM PST

LIVE OAK - Deputies released a sketch Monday of a man who allegedly grabbed a 15-year-old girl on her way to Harbor High School.

About 8:15 a.m. Monday, the girl was walking on 17th Avenue near Rodriguez Street, said sheriff's deputy April Skalland. An unshaven man in what was described as a "rusty red" 2-door Ford pickup drove slowly by her and stopped.

He jumped out of the truck wearing a red-and-brown plaid hooded sweatshirt, tan work pants and tan boots. He spoke to her in Spanish and grabbed her, Skalland said.

The girl could not understand the man. She broke free of his grip and continued to school.

The girl told authorities the man followed her all the way to Harbor High at 300 La Fonda Ave. in Santa Cruz.

The suspect was described as a light-skinned Latino or white man about 20 to 23 years old. He was about 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall with a medium build. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Ford" was written in white letters on the pickup's tailgate.

::snipping2::

Photo:

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #804 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »

Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

<snipped>

Reply · 2 · Like

Reply · 1 · Like

Reply · Like

Wow, this is interesting...I'm not entirely sure I believe this story...why would she wait from the 15th to the 21 before going to the police?

I think it's more likely she told the police earlier but she had to set up a time to have the police sketch done.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #805 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/crime-lab-is-processing-evidence-in-sierra-lamar-case

Crime Lab is Processing Evidence in Sierra LaMar Case

April 9, 2012

Evidence collected in the Sierra LaMar case is being processed by criminalists with the Santa Clara County Crime Lab, which is conducting forensic testing as investigators follow up on more than 1,200 tips that have come in through phone calls and emails, officials said.

Police and supporters such as KlaasKids Foundation have continued to expand their search areas looking for clues into the disappearance of the Sobrato High School teen.

More than 7,500 man hours have been logged in the case that is being conducted by federal and local law enforcement agencies, according to Santa Clara County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #806 on: April 10, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1410681#post1410681

Several posters have interesting links on this JQ thread.

Thanks to all of them 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: April 10, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »

Sheriff's spokesman Jose Cardoza

Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it."The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said

<snipped>

Were the forensics on the Juicy bag and contents been completed or not?  There appears to be mixed message when you compare the words of Sheriff Smith and her spokesperson.

Janet

+++++

Sheriff Laurie Smith

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith, the relatively unweathered box containing -- once containing steel handcuffs and used condoms -- how far away from the school bus stop were they found?

SMITH: I would guess probably about a half a mile. And those items are at the lab now. We`re doing DNA testing on the condoms, and we`re anxiously awaiting any kind of forensic analysis on everything that we have submitted to the lab.

GRACE: What else have you submitted, Sheriff?

SMITH: We`ve submitted the telephone. We`ve submitted the clothing and bag that was found. We have submitted samples from Sierra. So there`s a great amount of items being processed right now for DNA, for fingerprints, for trace evidence.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

It is very confusing...one person in Le (Cardoza?) said that they did not find anything on the clothing...and then the sheriff said on Friday that they do not have any results at all back yet...

Maybe they do not want a potential suspect to know that they have some results back? And are waiting for DNA still? No way the lab would hold up results, if they had some, while waiting on others...that would be ridiculous...
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

Yes it was a reporter or at least someone at a press conference.

I definitely do remember when the story was first broke about the clothing and the reporter did say there was urine on them.  Now the reporter could be wrong but it was said by that person on the national news.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #810 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »

LE won't confirm that there was urine found on the clothes in the bag. 

hmm...that's telling.

I also noticed his wording when asked about fingerprints or dna found on the bag.  He said that they had not found anything to point to a person of interest.  That's telling me that they've found something and the perp just isn't in the system.

They also won't comment on which side of the road the bag was found on.
Bumping this up.  I watched the news conference and this is what I posted at the time.  It was very telling that when asked directly about urine on the clothing, the spokesperson said that they would not confirm it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #811 on: April 10, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

I definitely do remember when the story was first broke about the clothing and the reporter did say there was urine on them.  Now the reporter could be wrong but it was said by that person on the national news.
A reporter ASKED if there was urine on them...I do not recall anyplace where a reporter stated there was urine?
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #812 on: April 10, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »

LE won't confirm that there was urine found on the clothes in the bag. 

hmm...that's telling.

I also noticed his wording when asked about fingerprints or dna found on the bag.  He said that they had not found anything to point to a person of interest.  That's telling me that they've found something and the perp just isn't in the system.

They also won't comment on which side of the road the bag was found on.
Bumping this up.  I watched the news conference and this is what I posted at the time.  It was very telling that when asked directly about urine on the clothing, the spokesperson said that they would not confirm it.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #813 on: April 10, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

A reporter ASKED if there was urine on them...I do not recall anyplace where a reporter stated there was urine?

So I went in search of the original source of this information and could not find it, however reputable reporters are suggesting it as fact.  I wonder if this was leaked information LE doesn't want released?

The only definitive evidence in the young lady's case is the discovery of her purse and a bag containing urine-stained clothing, which police say do not indicate whether or not she had run away or had been abducted.

as written by Chelsea Hoffman: Crime analyst and profiler Chelsea Hoffman can be found on The Huffington Post, Chelsea Hoffman: Case to Case and many other outlets.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981215661

Still, we all know rumors can abound in the media.  One need only look to the Trayvon case for evidence of that.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #814 on: April 10, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »

Also, if there was no urine on Sierra's clothing LE could and likely would easily say so.
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #815 on: April 10, 2012, 03:07:55 PM »

Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

<snipped>

Reply · 2 · Like

Reply · 1 · Like

Reply · Like

http://www.leadsonline.com/main/leadsonline-sketches/common-questions.php

How soon after a crime should the composite drawing be done?

The sooner the better: Academic studies have shown that if a sketch is completed within 24 hours, it significantly improves the accuracy of the image, and dramatically increases the chance that the suspect will be identified.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »

afternoon monkeys
about the Juicy bag,if sierra had the one below the books would prob fit
and if she had one that was more like a purse,books prob dont fit.
my kid carries a boop purse,and a hello kitty bag for her books,im thinking
sierra prob carried 2 bags,a purse bag and a larger bag/pack,JMO and that
bag/pack hasnt been found yet so the LE are keeping a lid on that

Jbag
http://www.zappos.com/juicy-couture-neoprene-natalie-tote-vermillion
http://www.zappos.com/juicy-couture-minnie-dragonfruit-wavy-stripe

somewhere i read about the hrs for where marlene works,some think it would not
be open early,where i do my back rehab,its open 6am,M-F
-------------------
Ergo-Rehab Locations

To make an appointment, please call 510-791-5521 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, M-F. Our office visit hours vary between therapists and offices, but generally, we can accommodate patients between 6:30AM and 7PM, Monday through Friday. Urgent appointments can usually be accommodated.
http://www.ergo-rehab.com/contact.htm

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #817 on: April 10, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

afternoon monkeys
about the Juicy bag,if sierra had the one below the books would prob fit
and if she had one that was more like a purse,books prob dont fit.
my kid carries a boop purse,and a hello kitty bag for her books,im thinking
sierra prob carried 2 bags,a purse bag and a larger bag/pack,JMO and that
bag/pack hasnt been found yet so the LE are keeping a lid on that

Jbag
http://www.zappos.com/juicy-couture-neoprene-natalie-tote-vermillion
http://www.zappos.com/juicy-couture-minnie-dragonfruit-wavy-stripe

somewhere i read about the hrs for where marlene works,some think it would not
be open early,where i do my back rehab,its open 6am,M-F
-------------------
Ergo-Rehab Locations

To make an appointment, please call 510-791-5521 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, M-F. Our office visit hours vary between therapists and offices, but generally, we can accommodate patients between 6:30AM and 7PM, Monday through Friday. Urgent appointments can usually be accommodated.
http://www.ergo-rehab.com/contact.htm
I'm pretty sure this is the bag they said she had...
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: April 10, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »

kristipartyof5 TY, so im sure sierra prob carried 2 bags,a purse bag,and a larger
shoulder bag for books,JMO

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: April 10, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

Also, if there was no urine on Sierra's clothing LE could and likely would easily say so.

I agree.

However ... the same reasoning would apply in regards to simple questions presented to Marlene Lamar and Sheriff Smith on the NG April 6th show in regards to Rick Gardiner.  Simple answers would have sufficed.

Viewers of the show learned that on the morning of March 16th ... Rick allegedly left for his work prior to Marlene leaving the home for her workplace in Fremont.  However ... we still don't know where Rick works and ... we do not know what time he arrived at that elusive workplace.

Janet

++++

No Simple Answers to Simple Questions

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: Back to Marlene Lamar. Did the boyfriend leave the home before or after you?

LAMAR: He left before me. He left before me.

GRACE: And he was gone, what, to work?

LAMAR: Yes, so me and Sierra were alone in the house, because he did leave before me. And he`s not --

GRACE: OK, and he logged into work on time, correct?

LAMAR: He`s cleared. And I just think it`s wrong to talk about this when we need to talk about, you know, the real situation of where --

<snipped>

GRACE: OK, Miss Lamar, I`m sure that you just heard Marc Klaas state, as did I, that police look first at family, friends, acquaintances, neighbors, delivery people. And what viewers are trying to help find Sierra. So when they have questions of this nature. I`m sure that there are innocent answers.

LAMAR: Yes. I know that`s part of this.

GRACE: I`m concerned at you being so defensive about it. If he left that morning and went to work. Great. But by you continually throwing up roadblocks, that`s what is causing the problem.

LAMAR: No, I`m not. I want to find -- we both want to find my daughter.

<snipped>

GRACE: OK. Let`s ask the sheriff. Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.

<snipped>

GRACE: Henry K. Lee, do you know where he worked?

LEE: I do not

GRACE: To Marc Klaas, do you know where the boyfriend worked and did he report to work on time? It`s really very simple.

KLAAS: I don`t know where he works.

GRACE: I`d like to just get simple answers to simple questions so we can then move on.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.