March 28, 2024, 03:37:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 YO Sierra Lamar Missing in Morgan Hill, CA Since 3/16/12 #1 3/17/12-  (Read 519014 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #900 on: April 16, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »

The Mounting Costs

Considering Sierra Lamar's angry Tweets of March 13th/15th
... what if Sierra Lamar met her demise prior to the dawning of March 16th following an out-of-control confrontation with her mother regarding plans for the weekend?  What if Marlene Lamar  is not being truthful regarding a 6:00 AM contact with her daughter ... a 6:00 AM contact that implied that Sierra was alive and well?

Considering Marlene Lamar's upholding of her elusive boyfriend ... what if ... out of a misguided sense of love ... the elusive Rick Gardiner participated in a cover up ... a cover up that involved an electronic staging that deceptively gave the impression that Sierra Lamar was alive and well at 6:29 AM and 7:11 AM ... a coverup that involved the planting of a cell phone and a Juicy bag to indicate a kidnapping ... a Juicy bag which was neatly packed by Marlene Lamar prior to her 6:00 AM departure from the home to embark on a 40 mile commute to Fremont where an ex-husband resides ... an ex-husband with whom Marlene Lamar has a good relationship.

Considering the mounting costs of the investigation on so many levels to the California  taxpayer IF the preceding scenario ultimately reflects the truth regarding the happenings encompassing the demise and disappearing of Sierra Lamar ... the Santa Clara County sheriff will have a lot of explaining to do IF those closest to Sierra were not fully investigated prior to being ruled out as persons of interest.

In the process of elimination ... in the pursuit of truth ... in the pursuit of justice ...

1.  Did Marlene Lamar, Steve Lamar and the elusive Rick Lamar submit to and pass polygraphs regarding  knowledge/actions/whereabouts in the 24 hour period prior to the March 16th 6:30 PM electronic communication that Sierra Lamar's mother received from the school?

2.  Were vehicles belonging to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar siezed and forensically tested?  Where cadaver dogs utilized?

3.  Were residences and properties connected to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar considered crime scenes and search accordingly?

4.  Were cell phone records connected to Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar requested and obtained?

5.  Were computer hard drives associated with Marlene Lamar, the elusive Rick Gardiner and Steve Lamar analyzed?

Why have officials yet to provide simple answers to simple questions ... simplie answers that have the ability to lift the veil of suspicion regarding to those closest to Sierra Lamar.

Justice for Sierra Lamar demands that ALL avenues of investigation are travelled.  Embracing only the words of those closest to Sierra Lamar as the gospel truth is a betrayal to those who prayerfully and monetarily support the search effort ... it is a betrayal to the volunteer searchers ... it is a betrayal to the California taxpayer ... it is a betrayal to those whose hard earned bucks are the foundation of the "safe return" reward fund and ... ABOVE ALL ... it is a betrayal of justice for Sierra Lamar.

Could it be that one month later ... the time has come for FBI involvement?

Janet

+++++

Investigative Costs

Search for Sierra marches on; costs unknown
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:20 pm
Updated: 11:29 am, Fri Apr 13, 2012

<snipped>

With more than 7,500 personnel hours devoted to the nearly month-long search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, authorities are saying they haven’t started thinking about how much the investigation might cost in terms of tax dollars.

Even making an estimate of the cost so far would require complicated number-crunching that Santa Clara County hasn’t devoted resources to yet, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

The scores of detectives and deputies working on the case since March 16, the day Sierra, 15, was reported missing, are not only local personnel, but they are assisting the county from other agencies including San Mateo County and the FBI, Cardoza explained.

When those other agencies help out with the search for Sierra and any other case through “mutual aid agreements,” those other agencies pick up those personnel costs without billing the county, Cardoza said

<snipped>.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/search-for-sierra-marches-on-costs-unknown/article_9f9db4f2-a100-5455-9f91-63c4575b51c9.html

The "Safe Return" Reward Fund

Sierra LaMar’s Family Announces Reward For Her Safe Return
April 7, 2012 12:44 PM

MORGAN HILL (KCBS)— The family of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar announced on Saturday a $10,000 reward for the first person with information leading to her safe return.

The money comes as the search for the 15-year-old enters its fourth week. Search teams from KlaasKids Foundation once again headed out from the Sierra LaMar search headquarters at Burnett Elementary.

Sierra’s father Steve LaMar read from a carefully worded flyer to make the morning announcement.

Marc Klaas, whose foundation is leading the search effort and whose daughter Polly was kidnapped and killed in 1993 said Sierra’s family struggled with the wording of the announcement.

Part of their dilemma was whether or not information leading to a person who caused Sierra harm should be included.

“They felt that at this point in time with their hopes still very high, that the only way they wanted to put this reward out was with her safe return,” Klaas said

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/04/07/sierra-lamars-family-announces-reward-for-her-safe-return/

KlaasKids Foundation

Searches for Sierra LaMar winding down
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 7:12 pm | Updated: 7:32 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012

<snipped

People can also help by donating supplies and money to assist in the search efforts.

Daily volunteer searches such as those that drew more than 2,000 volunteers last week are “not sustainable” for the foundation for now, Klaas said. On Sunday, more than 500 people showed up to volunteer for the search efforts. The search radius was expanded to 20 miles from Sierra’s north Morgan Hill home.

“We’ve turned the administration of the searches primarily over to the community and family, but we’re going to continue to provide mapping for the search efforts, and our team will be available to come out again as necessary,” Klaas said.

<snipped>

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/crime_fire_courts/searches-for-sierra-lamar-winding-down/article_7142e5ce-7d32-11e1-b7f5-001a4bcf6878.html

Hi Janet! I hope you're doing well! 

I'm a bit confused about your statements. We don't know what LE has done or knows so far; what the poly's uncovered or any physical evidence that has been found.

I totally understand your concerns. The only thing I can see wrt LE's actions, is that they appear to be looking for a "passed on" Sierra. I'm sure what ever has led them to those actions is backed up with some type of evidence. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I appreciate your dedication.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: April 16, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »

A child sex offender persona implies he is a master deceiver/manipulator.  When I consider Steve Lamar's young victim/s ... when I consider the baggage that each child must carry for a lifetime as a result of stolen innocence ... I am void of compassion for Sierra's father.

Janet

+++++   

Vigil tonight for missing Sierra LaMar
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:39 am
Updated: 1:04 pm, Mon Apr 16, 2012

<snipped>

This month has truly been a nightmare,” said Steve LaMar, Sierra’s father, in a release by the KlaasKids Foundation. “But our volunteers have given us faith, hope and the perseverance to continue in our search efforts. This balloon release will give us a chance for all of us to get together in prayer for Sierra.”

<snipped>

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/vigil-tonight-for-missing-sierra-lamar/article_e48900c0-02fd-5b16-b579-2949912b5fc3.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired March 20, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

COSBY: And what happened to little Sierra? This is Rita Cosby, in for Nancy Grace. Let`s go to Ellie Jostad, NANCY GRACE producer. Ellie, what is the deal -- we know that there are no suspects at this hour. No one`s named. But there`s something interesting in the father`s background. He`s got a conviction.

JOSTAD: Right. He does. And the sheriff`s department has confirmed this. We found records on this, as well. Her father is a registered sex offender.

COSBY: Wait, wait, wait! A registered sex offender? What happened?

JOSTAD: That`s correct. This is an incident actually going from 1998 to 2004.

COSBY: Wait, wait, wait! An incident? That sounds like repeated incidents.

JOSTAD: A continued -- right, continuing incident. He was actually charged with 12 counts of lewd or lascivious behavior with a child under 14. He pled no contest...

COSBY: This is Sierra`s father?

JOSTAD: Correct. This is her father. He pled guilty to one of those counts. He served under a year in jail for it. He is now required to register as a sex offender. He does appear on the registry.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: April 16, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »

THE SAFE RETURN REWARD

Could it be that the reward for the "safe return" of Sierra Lamar is nothing but a dog and pony show?

Could it be that Marlene and Steve are fully aware that Sierra is deceased but ... when Sierra's angry Tweets of March 13th/15th are considered ... the revealed truth regarding the happenings encompassing a possible out-of-control confrontation between mother and daughter ... an out-of-control confrontation that took place prior to the dawning of March 16th ... has the ability to bring Marlene down.

Think about it.  Did the elusive Rick Gardiner witnessed the confrontation between mother and daughter and ... out of a misguided sense of love for Marlene ... became a participant in a cover up ... a coverup up that included an electronic deception to give the impression that Sierra was alive and well at 6:29 AM and 7:11 AM on the morning of March 16th ... a cover up that included the planting of a cell phone and a Juicy bag ... a Juicy bag neatly pack by Marlene prior to her 6:00 AM 40 mile commute to Fremont where her ex-husband resides?

Why does the reward stipulate "safe return" of Sierra.  Is the truth ... no matter what that truth may be ... all that matters?

Could it be that Steve and Marlene fear that there would be incentive for Rick Gardiner's attorney to step forward and ... request a plea deal for his client in exchange for the truth ... the truth that would reveal Marlene was involved and ... the truth that would reveal that Steve may have been a participant in the disappearing of his daughter or ... at the very least ... had knowledge.

Logic dictates that the official underwater searches and ... the KlaasKid land searchers imply that investigators must have a suspicion that Sierra Lamar is deceased.

I wish Marc Klaas would challenged the condition of the $10,000 reward fund.

IMO

Janet

+++++

Sierra LaMar’s Family Announces Reward For Her Safe Return
April 7, 2012 12:44 PM

MORGAN HILL (KCBS)— The family of missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar announced on Saturday a $10,000 reward for the first person with information leading to her safe return.

The money comes as the search for the 15-year-old enters its fourth week. Search teams from KlaasKids Foundation once again headed out from the Sierra LaMar search headquarters at Burnett Elementary.

Sierra’s father Steve LaMar read from a carefully worded flyer to make the morning announcement.

Marc Klaas, whose foundation is leading the search effort and whose daughter Polly was kidnapped and killed in 1993 said Sierra’s family struggled with the wording of the announcement.

Part of their dilemma was whether or not information leading to a person who caused Sierra harm should be included.

“They felt that at this point in time with their hopes still very high, that the only way they wanted to put this reward out was with her safe return,” Klaas said

<snipped>

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/04/07/sierra-lamars-family-announces-reward-for-her-safe-return/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »

Missing teen Sierra LaMar: Reservoir search to expand this week
April 16, 2012

Authorities in Santa Clara County say they will continue searching local reservoirs for missing teenager Sierra LaMar after a round of dives in local reservoirs came up empty.

Police believe the 15-year-old teen was abducted outside her Morgan Hill home the morning of March 16 as she was going to school. Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Jose Cardoza told The Times that authorities had received more than 1,400 tips and logged about 8,900 personnel hours on the case, but they remain without a person of interest.

Cardoza said Monday that dives into the Chesbro Reservoir and the Uvas Reservoir last week, both within a few miles of Sierra’s home, turned up “nothing related to the case.” Cardoza said Monday that authorities will begin some “pre-operation type work” to prepare for dives later this week into the Calero and Anderson reservoirs.

Those two reservoir are located from five to 10 miles from the home, and Cardoza said they are the only two remaining in the county.

“It’s just to be as thorough as possible,” Cardoza said. “The investigators just want to be sure.”

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/04/missing-teen-sierra-lamar.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20410943/police-evidence-gives-new-leads-sierra-lamar-abduction

Police: Evidence gives new leads in Sierra LaMar abduction
Posted:   04/16/2012 06:51:34 PM PDT
April 17, 2012 1:55 AM GMT
Updated:   04/16/2012 06:55:55 PM PDT

Crime lab results have given investigators new leads to chase down in the month old disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar, police said Monday.

Investigators from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department, however, declined to say what sort of new information sprang from the lab results, except to say they were drawn from evidence collected so far in the case.

In the days after her abduction police found the 15-year-old's bag and clothing sitting not far from the spot where she vanished. They have also turned up her cell phone and lap top computer
 ::snipping2::
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #905 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:18 PM »

It is a terrible shame that it takes a month for lab results to come in. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #906 on: April 16, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

It is a terrible shame that it takes a month for lab results to come in. 

I know, I was just thinking....IT'S ABOUT TIME!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17466095/deputies

Crime Lab Results for Evidence in Search for Sierra LaMar May Provide Investigators with Information
Posted: Apr 16, 2012 6:53 PM CDT Updated: Apr 16, 2012 6:55 PM CDT

Sgt. Jose Cardoza, spokesperson for the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department, did not specify what items the Sheriff's Department are speaking of but did say that the results they have received are providing investigators with additional leads to follow up.

On March 29th, volunteers for the KlassKids Foundation discovered a box labeled 'handcuffs' and some used condoms in an area near the dead end of Palm Avenue.

That location is less than a mile away from where Sierra LaMar was last seen on March 16th.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department will not say if the box and condoms are what produced the results investigators are now working on or if they are linked to the Sierra LaMar disappearance.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34:45 AM »

Sheriff's spokesman Jose Cardoza

Sierra LaMar's Purse, Clothing Found
Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it."The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Were the forensics on the Juicy bag and contents been completed or not?  There appears to be mixed message when you compare the words of Sheriff Smith and her spokesperson.

Janet

+++++

Sheriff Laurie Smith

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith, the relatively unweathered box containing -- once containing steel handcuffs and used condoms -- how far away from the school bus stop were they found?

SMITH: I would guess probably about a half a mile. And those items are at the lab now. We`re doing DNA testing on the condoms, and we`re anxiously awaiting any kind of forensic analysis on everything that we have submitted to the lab.

GRACE: What else have you submitted, Sheriff?

SMITH: We`ve submitted the telephone. We`ve submitted the clothing and bag that was found. We have submitted samples from Sierra. So there`s a great amount of items being processed right now for DNA, for fingerprints, for trace evidence.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: April 17, 2012, 12:39:41 AM »

Thank you for the articles grace-land!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: April 17, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »

Thank you for the articles grace-land!   

You're welcome, texasmom! 

Still waiting for some concrete evidence or new developments in this case. Hopefully, this case will be solved soon and Sierra brought home!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: April 17, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/17/police-to-expand-search-local-reservoirs-in-hunt-for-15-year-old-sierra-lamar/
Police to expand search of local reservoirs in hunt for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar
April 17, 2012

Underwater searches last week of the Chesbro and Uvas reservoirs came up empty, but police are planning to send dive teams to two other reservoirs later this week, Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Jose Cardoza told the Los Angeles Times.

The Calero and Anderson reservoirs, which have yet to be searched, are located 5 to 10 miles from the girl's home, according to the newspaper.

Authorities also said Monday that test results from a crime lab have yielded new leads in the case, but they declined to reveal the nature of the clues, Fox affiliate KTVU-TV reported.

The girl's cellphone was recovered shortly after her disappearance about three-quarters of a mile from her home after police tracked its electronic ping. Her Juicy brand bag also was discovered a couple of miles from her home, with a pair of her pants and shirt found neatly folded inside it.

Cardoza told the station that the new leads relate to "one of those items," but he did not elaborate.

The girl's family, meanwhile, says it hopes the new clues might bring a break in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »

maybe foreign dna found on one of the items? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »

I hope whatever it is gives a strong lead to answers. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/17/police-to-expand-search-local-reservoirs-in-hunt-for-15-year-old-sierra-lamar/
Police to expand search of local reservoirs in hunt for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar
April 17, 2012

Underwater searches last week of the Chesbro and Uvas reservoirs came up empty, but police are planning to send dive teams to two other reservoirs later this week, Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Jose Cardoza told the Los Angeles Times.

The Calero and Anderson reservoirs, which have yet to be searched, are located 5 to 10 miles from the girl's home, according to the newspaper.

Authorities also said Monday that test results from a crime lab have yielded new leads in the case, but they declined to reveal the nature of the clues, Fox affiliate KTVU-TV reported.

The girl's cellphone was recovered shortly after her disappearance about three-quarters of a mile from her home after police tracked its electronic ping. Her Juicy brand bag also was discovered a couple of miles from her home, with a pair of her pants and shirt found neatly folded inside it.

Cardoza told the station that the new leads relate to "one of those items," but he did not elaborate.

The girl's family, meanwhile, says it hopes the new clues might bring a break in the case.

According to Sgt. Jose Cardoza on April 17th ... the forensic results on the Juicy bag and clothing were completed and .... revealed there was no evidence leading to a person of interest.  Could it be assumed that it was the analysis of cell that has revealed clues?

Janet

++++

Sierra LaMar's Purse, Clothing Found
Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

<snipped>

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis.

Cardoza would not confirm reports that the purse or clothing had urine on it."The specific details on the condition of the clothing - whether they were wet or had urine on them - we are holding that specific detail as confidential," Cardoza said

<snipped>

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: April 17, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »

What about retrieved deleted text messages.  This speculation is coming from a Monkey that has yet to bow and get a cell phone.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »

Police: Evidence gives new leads in Sierra LaMar abduction
Updated:   04/17/2012 07:06:21 AM PDT

Police are searching for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, who was last seen leaving for school Friday...«1»Crime lab results have given investigators new leads to chase down in the month-old disappearance of Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar, police said Monday.

Investigators from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, however, declined to say what sort of new information sprang from the lab results, except to say they were drawn from evidence collected so far in the case.

In the days after her abduction police found the 15-year-old's bag and clothing sitting not far from the spot where she vanished. They have also turned up her cellphone and laptop computer

<snipped>

http://**-town/ci_20410945/police-evidence-gives-new-leads-sierra-lamar-abduction

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: April 17, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »

What about retrieved deleted text messages.  This speculation is coming from a Monkey that has yet to bow and get a cell phone.

Janet

janet, great observation! i also appreciate your previous post where you showed us the quote from when forensic testing was completed and nothing was found on the juicy bag.  by process of elimination, you are right, it prob is the cell phone
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: April 17, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »

Are the reservoirs in the area being official search in the process of elimination or ... have investigators received a been a credible tip?

Janet

+++++

Missing teen Sierra LaMar: Authorities inspect new reservoirs
April 17, 2012 |  8:15 am

<snipped>

The search for missing teen Sierra LaMar in Santa Clara County continues as authorities inspect two more reservoirs and likely take solar images of the waterways in further attempts to rake up clues about her disappearance.

Police believe the 15-year-old was abducted outside her Morgan Hill home the morning of March 16 as she was going to school. Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Jose Cardoza told The Times that authorities had received more than 1,400 tips and logged about 8,900 personnel hours on the case, but they remain without a person of interest.

Cardoza said dives into the Chesbro and Uvas reservoirs last week, both within a few miles of Sierra’s home, turned up “nothing related to the case.”

Authorities are now moving onto the Calero and Anderson reservoirs, located five to 10 miles from the home. They are the only two reservoirs remaining in the county, and authorities will likely send out divers late in the week, Cardoza said.

“It’s just to be as thorough as possible,” he said. “The investigators just want to be sure.”

The search to find Sierra — a competitive cheerleader whom friends and family describe as happy and outgoing — has brought together thousands of community volunteers.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/04/missing-teen-sierra-lamar-authorities-inspect-new-reservoirs.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »

Video from the vigil for Sierra

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/salinas/Vigil-held-for-Sierra-Lamar/-/5738906/10950124/-/nnlofn/-/index.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.