April 19, 2024, 05:10:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amistad & Obama  (Read 2108 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 20, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »

I had occasion to watch Amistad, the movie, on TV recently.   How similar is the story line to what goes on today in America?

From the movie, a testimony of a lead character--How did you get here?  What is your story?  (my paraphrase)

A black man was minding his own business, providing for his family, and he is clubbed by a gang of other black men, tied up, and taken away.  He leaves behind a family (wife and son), a farm, and community.  He offers his captors part of his harvest.  Is this a shakedown?  An African protection racket?  He is ignored.  He is taken away and sold into slavery.  His journey to America begins on a ship.  He and his fellow captives (men, women, children, newborn) are naked.   How did he get from a wonderful life to this?  He watches while some are refused food and later chained to a net of rocks.  The rocks are pushed overboard and the unlucky ones chained to the rocks soon follow.  It is an ugly and brutal recollection.

In America, good people have shared their harvests with similar collectors, watched as the collection rate has risen over decades, and the collectors/politicians demand more.  How much more?  Do you deserve to keep any fruit of your labor?  Your harvest?  Do you deserve to keep any sweat from your brow to take care of your family?  Or, like this black man, are Americans supposed to just give in?  Give it all away to corruption?  Politicians?  His solution was so simple - I'll share my harvest with you.  The response?  We don't want your harvest, we want everything!!!

Fast forward.  He and his fellow slave take over the ship and end up in a US court.  Everyone wants salvage rights to the 'cargo' and ship.  Slaves are like gold.  The international slave trade has been ended by many nations including Britain, the US, Spain...the slavers were from Portugal and headed for Cuba on a Spanish.  The rules were simple - born into slavery remain a slave, born free stay free.  These folks were kidnapped and their identities and origins forced/fraud for profit. 

read details here - http://www.npg.si.edu/col/amistad/index.htm  Watch the movie, it is amazing and sad.

Everyone wanted the slave cargo and ship - the recovering ship's captain, the Spanish Queen, the ship's survivors, and others.  Who have the legal right to these slaves?

The Spanish Queen was quite critical of the process.  Why wasn't it a rubber stamp operation?  A quote "If you cannot rule the courts, you cannot rule."  Apparently, she continued to argue for her property rights for decades.

What do we have today?  An Obama / leftist Democrat stacked courts?  What happened to checks and balances?  Do kings and queens rule by popular support?  Dictators?

John Quincy Adams told this man to tell his story.  The lead character told Adams he was calling on his ancestors to help him make this right.  After all, his ancestors had  invested everything in him. 

Adams told the man's story in court.  In a nutshell, after a trial and appeal, the court ruled that they were kidnapped and set them free.  They were returned to Africa, Sierra Leone of the 1800's.   Sierre Leone was in the middle of a civil war, the man's family was disappeared, likely sold into slavery. 

How does this relate to today? Today's slavers have mastered the message, the scam.  No matter how hard you work, Obama and Washington crowd want to take everything you earn.  According to a female Democrate - 'you don't deserve to keep anything' .  The Democrats want to take everything, give it away to others, and you might be allowed to live on political allowance.  If you saved for your retirement, they seem to be stealing everything you've saved through runaway inflation. 

Want a job?  Good luck.  Gotta give those jobs away to foreigners (inside the country and offshore).  Gotta give it all away to big global corporations and special interests.

What does Obama have to do with Amistad?  He's like the Queen of Spain.  He doesn't want anyone to prosper, except his chosen few.  His court of jesters.  He seems to be on the side of perpetual debt slavery, third class citizenship, foreigners, global traders...

The Queen of Spain wanted everything these Africans had - their lives.  Obama and his Democrats are taking everything - your job, your savings, your prosperity...and giving it away to special interests, greedy globalists, and foreigners. 

What of the slaves?  Our ancestors decided rightly he was kidnapped and should be returned to his life.  A few decades after this case the nation had its own civil war. 

What of us?  Who will protect us from Obama and the Washington crowd of greedy slavers?  Perhaps it's time to call on our ancestors for help?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »

During the Amistad movie, not sure if this happened in real life or for the docudrama, the main character get's up in his shackles and starts saying "Give us free" over and over.  "Give us free...give us free..."

Apparently, at the time the case was being decided, our president at the time, Martin Van Buren argued that historically men have lived in a state of freedom and slavery.  For the masses, the assigned category was slavery.  The American experiment gave everyday people their freedom.  Freedom to live unmolested by government.  Freedom and protection from an overbearing government.

This simple man knew what freedom was.  The president seemed to argue for a return to slavery...gotta keep the union together.  Gotta get reelected.  Gotta get those votes from the southern states.

What of our president today?  He seems to think it's ok for everyone, except his chosen few, to give everything to government.  Can't pay? Hire more IRS agents to take it from you.  Freedom?  That's the program that didn't work.  That's the system that bailed out monster banks, created moster student loans, consumer debt, and income inequality.

A former president who argued before the court for Africans expressed the thought that 'This might be the last battle of the revolution' (from memory).

Perhaps Obamacare is another 'last battle of the revolution'...stealing our freedom one dollar at a time, one day at a time, one communist vision for poverty for future generations of Americans...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.