March 18, 2024, 11:34:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 389982 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »

Trayvon Martin

snip

He had transferred from Miami Carol City High School during his sophomore year to Michael Krop Senior High, where he was a junior.[18] [16] His English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, reported him as being "an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

He hoped to become an aviation mechanic.[20] He was visiting his father and his father's fiance, Brandi Green, at her rented townhome in Sanford, Florida, on the day he was killed, after being suspended from school for 10 days. Kypriss stated that he "was not a violent or dangerous child", "not known for misbehaving", and "was suspended because he was late too many times." According to his father Tracy Martin, he was suspended because he was in an unauthorized area on school property, but he declined to offer more details. Trayvon Martin had no criminal record.

::snipping2::
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Family-Pot-linked-to-Trayvon-Martin-suspension/-/1637132/9704204/-/ke8ryu/-/index.html

Family: Pot linked to Trayvon Martin suspension

You know, there is a big difference between being late for class and having pot.  I now question what else the family haven't been complete clear on.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Report-Trayvon-Martin-decked-Zimmerman/-/1637132/9700328/-/s9um5iz/-/index.html

Report: Trayvon Martin 'decked' Zimmerman

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »

I would deck him too if he was stocking me.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »

http://www.pointecentralfloridarealty.com/The-Retreat-At-Twin-Lakes-6-6067.html

Would this be the place where the incident happened?  Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »

From the way this is reading he wasn't stalking.
Citing authorities, the Orlando Sentinel reported Zimmerman told police that Martin confronted him as Zimmerman was returning to his SUV after following the teen.  The report states that the two exchanged words and Martin knocked Zimmerman to the ground with one punch and began beating him.

Now, that lends a totally different flavor to the whole tale.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/26/rallies-scream-outs-planned-coast-to-coast-in-support-of-trayvon-martin/comment-page-6/

List of Rally's today in: 

Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Washington,DC, Iowa.

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 03:53:16 PM »

From the way this is reading he wasn't stalking.
Citing authorities, the Orlando Sentinel reported Zimmerman told police that Martin confronted him as Zimmerman was returning to his SUV after following the teen.  The report states that the two exchanged words and Martin knocked Zimmerman to the ground with one punch and began beating him.

Now, that lends a totally different flavor to the whole tale.

Hi Kittymom,

I am going by what Zimmerman, told the 911 Operator,he was going to follow him, it is on the tape.  We need to wait and see.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/who-is-george-zimmerman-20120325-1vs1a.html

Dr Laurence Miller, a Palm Beach County clinical psychologist who works with local police agencies, said he believes Zimmerman likely was acting out the "whole TV cop role in his head" when he confronted Trayvon.

ME:  Zimmerman has made this world a worse place to be.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »

Trayvon Martin

snip

He had transferred from Miami Carol City High School during his sophomore year to Michael Krop Senior High, where he was a junior.[18] [16] His English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, reported him as being "an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

He hoped to become an aviation mechanic.[20] He was visiting his father and his father's fiance, Brandi Green, at her rented townhome in Sanford, Florida, on the day he was killed, after being suspended from school for 10 days. Kypriss stated that he "was not a violent or dangerous child", "not known for misbehaving", and "was suspended because he was late too many times." According to his father Tracy Martin, he was suspended because he was in an unauthorized area on school property, but he declined to offer more details. Trayvon Martin had no criminal record.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Family-Pot-linked-to-Trayvon-Martin-suspension/-/1637132/9704204/-/ke8ryu/-/index.html

Family: Pot linked to Trayvon Martin suspension

You know, there is a big difference between being late for class and having pot.  I now question what else the family haven't been complete clear on.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »

Trayvon Martin

snip

According to his father Tracy Martin, he was suspended because he was in an unauthorized area on school property, but he declined to offer more details. Trayvon Martin had no criminal record.

The story changes.

Janet

++++

Pot linked to Trayvon Martin suspension, his family says
Published March 26, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. –  Trayvon Martin had been suspended from school for marijuana when the unarmed teenager was shot to death by a neighborhood watch volunteer, a family spokesman said Monday.

Martin, 17, was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools because traces of marijuana were found in a plastic baggie in his book bag, family spokesman Ryan Julison said. Martin was shot Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman while he was visiting Sanford with his father.

"We maintain that regardless of the specific reason for the suspension, it's got nothing to do with the events that unfolded on Feb. 26," Julison said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/26/pot-linked-to-trayvon-martin-suspension-his-family-says/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.

The new information is the most complete version yet of what Zimmerman claims happened on the night of Feb. 26 when he shot and killed the teenager.

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested

<snipped>

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-shooter-told-cops-teenager-went-gun-030349812--abc-news.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:32 PM »

President Obama's press conference regarding this tragic event that resulted in the death of teenager can only be considered interference in an ongoing investigation.

There are two sets of parents who have been affected ... one son is dead ... the other son is demonized without a conviction of guilt.  However ... Obama appears to be  aligning himself with only one set of parents.  Something is not right.

Janet

+++++

The Face of Obama's Son
Kevin McCullough
March 25, 2012

I was in the green room on the 12th floor of Fox News building in New York on Friday when I heard the soundbite the first time, "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon..."

That simple statement had been preceded by nearly two minutes of stating deep and profound "outrage" and "seriousness" in the need to "insure" that "this matter would be investigated to the fullest."

I asked commentator Cal Thomas who was sitting on one of the sofas in the room, "How many child murders have taken place since he took office?"

Cal shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "I have no idea."

"And how many press ops did the president use to comment on a single one of them before now?" I continued.

"Ah yes, but it is an election year," replied Thomas.

<snipped>

http://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2012/03/25/the_face_of_obamas_son

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 10:45:21 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/27/us-usa-florida-shooting-trademark-idUSBRE82Q00X20120327

Mother of slain Florida teenager seeks trademarks
MIAMI | Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51pm EDT

MIAMI (Reuters) - The mother of the Florida teenager shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, in a case with racial overtones that has resonated across the United States, is seeking trademark rights to slogans based on his name.

Sybrina Fulton, the mother of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, filed the trademark requests on March 21, according to the online database of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

In the filings, which were confirmed by Fulton's attorney Kimra Major-Morris, she seeks legal rights to the slogans "Justice for Trayvon" and "I Am Trayvon."

The request to the Patent and Trademark Office said the slogans, and the corresponding trademarks, could be used in matters involving such things as DVDs and CDs "featuring and promoting Trayvon Martin."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head
7:36 p.m. EST, March 26, 2012|
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

One-minute gap
On Feb. 26, when Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon, he called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police. Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, according to the account he gave police.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there has been a dispute about whether they came from Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/26/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

What Happened to Trayvon Martin?

Aired March 26, 2012 - 20:00   ET

HORTON: And what you have to ask yourself, I don`t think anyone is asking this question. If he was following him and Trayvon -- he`s -- they say he was 240 pounds, Trayvon was 145 pounds, give or take five pounds. If he turned around and Trayvon hit him, do you really think Trayvon could knock him down and then bang his head on the floor and hold him down, that that would give him justice to say, oh, I`ve got to shoot him?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »

'Ed Show' playbook: Mon., Mar. 26
By Steve Frank -  Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 PM EDT

http://ed.msnbc.msn.com/ (video clips)

Trymaine Lee, Senior Reporter with The Huffington Post, and Walter Zalisko, Retired Police Chief from Florida, President of Global Investigative Group, are both in Florida tonight with the latest details.

Trayvon’s parents are forced to defend their dead 17-year-old from smears in the conservative media.  Turner Clayton Jr, Seminole County NAACP President, also joins Ed from Florida with reaction.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush defends the “Stand Your Ground” law he signed in 2005.  Dan Gelber, former Florida state Senator and former federal prosecutor, will weigh in on that from Miami.

ME:

73 percent of us feel we are cheated out of justice.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y Edit to add link MB http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y
By CAMPBELL ROBERTSON and JOHN SCHWARTZ

updated 3/23/2012 1:00:37 AM ET 2012-03-23T05:00:37

She set up a visit for the next month at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community that had been dealing with a string of burglaries. When 25 residents showed up, a decent turnout, she had the residents introduce themselves; after all, people join the groups to look out for each other. She then gave a PowerPoint presentation and distributed a handbook. As she always does, she emphasized what a neighborhood watch is — and what it is not.

In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”

Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview.

"This is not a black and white thing, it is a right and wrong thing"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:30:01 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 07:34:53 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T21dIRH2b2Y

Sorry, I forgot the link.  
(Added link to original post.  MB)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:30:32 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:23 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-justice-department-investigate-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=15955985

According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch Program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group -- another fact the police were not aware of at the time of the incident.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/ap/crime/trayvon-martin-family-criticizes-info-leaks/nLdLz/
New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor
Meanwhile, Martin's parents are blaming police for leaking information about their son being suspended for marijuana and details about the fight he had with Zimmerman that portrayed the teen as the aggressor.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and family attorneys said Monday that it was part of an effort to demonize her son.

1.  Parents lied about why TM was suspended. 
2.  For the sake of justice, both sides of the fight should be told.
3.  From the media reports I've seen, Z is being demonized all over this country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.