March 28, 2024, 12:32:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390647 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/040912-protestors-force-closure-of-sanford-police-department
Protestors force closure of Sanford Police Department

The protesters blocked the entrance Monday morning upon learning that a grand jury would not be convened, prompting the police headquarters to close to the public for the day.
Protesters only left the station after Florida State Attorney Angela Corey talked to them over the phone and gave her assurances that the investigation was continuing.

This is outrageous.  Why does LE allow such antics?  Pepper spray them then haul their disrespectful butts off to jail.  There are people in Sanford with legitimate needs for LE services that have nothing to do with Martin/Zimmerman.  What about those persons?  Are their lives to be put on hold because protesters want to hold a police station hostage?  The State Atty should never have caved to them.   

Agreed! I fear that she will be swayed in her decision in order not to upset those who are protesting ...jmo...let the looting and destruction begin if GZ is not arrested to their satisfaction...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »

Trayvon Martin's family attorney blasts new Zimmerman website

7:53 a.m. EST, April 10, 2012|By Kevin P. Connolly, Orlando Sentinel

An attorney for Trayvon Martin's family blasted George Zimmerman's new website in an appearance with Trayvon's mother on Good Morning America.

Shooter Zimmerman said in the website that "I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage" on Feb. 26, referring to the fatal shooting of Trayvon   ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-10/news/os-george-zimmerman-website-trayvon-20120410_1_incident-and-subsequent-media-website-shooter-zimmerman

I'm of the opinion that no matter what George Zimmerman does, he's screwed.  If there are no charges laid, his life is still screwed.  I've seen plenty of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Black Panther's, shutting down a police station, threats of violence if charges are not brought.  Is that justice?  Is it a form of lynching?  Where is the legal process?  I don't know if George Zimmerman is guilty or not of anything at this point, because I don't have enough information. I'm very concerned by some of what has been incorrectly reported and then found to be untrue.  People tend to believe the negative and what they've been told first, imo.  This includes the editing of the audio.  I'm not taking either side here, because it pains me greatly to know a young man died.  But what were the circumstances?  We need to know that.  There has been some finely crafted PR, including using young, innocent child pictures of Trayvon, while George Zimmerman's along side it and he looks scruffy.  It has impact and effect. 
So one of Trayvon's attorney blasts George Zimmerman's website.  George Zimmerman has the right to free speech, he has the right to get help for his legal expenses imo.  We haven't heard a lot from George Zimmerman, but look what happens when he does make a statement.  I am very concerned that since Al Sharpton and etal got involved, it brings out the skinheads on the other end.  None of this is good for any one.  People are using this for their own personal agendas. 
What about this?  Wasn't this a "hate" crime?  Where is/was the outrage? 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=718.0
Channon Christian 21, Missing TN - BF Chris Newsom found dead (BODY FOUND)

There is hatred and there is ugliness and racism but we don't have to feed it imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/040912-protestors-force-closure-of-sanford-police-department

The protesters blocked the entrance Monday morning upon learning that a grand jury would not be convened, prompting the police headquarters to close to the public for the day.
Protesters only left the station after Florida State Attorney Angela Corey talked to them over the phone and gave her assurances that the investigation was continuing.

This is outrageous.  Why does LE allow such antics?  Pepper spray them then haul their disrespectful butts off to jail.  There are people in Sanford with legitimate needs for LE services that have nothing to do with Martin/Zimmerman.  What about those persons?  Are their lives to be put on hold because protesters want to hold a police station hostage?  The State Atty should never have caved to them.   

Agreed! I fear that she will be swayed in her decision in order not to upset those who are protesting ...jmo...let the looting and destruction begin if GZ is not arrested to their satisfaction...

Why is this not considered a crime?  Because they are black?  Well, that's racism!  What the heck?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »

Great post, Muffy.  So true.  I am very concerned. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »

Why is this not considered a crime?  Because they are black?  Well, that's racism!  What the heck?

I do need to correct myself...I really don't know that the protestors are of all one particular race.  So scratch that.  Still, if I lived in Sanford I would be LIVID.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »

I do need to correct myself...I really don't know that the protestors are of all one particular race.  So scratch that.  Still, if I lived in Sanford I would be LIVID.

I don't like to see the threat of violence to solve problems.  Changes can be made through peaceful means. JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

Great post above Muffers...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-10/news/os-george-zimmerman-website-trayvon-20120410_1_incident-and-subsequent-media-website-shooter-zimmerman

There’s been so much media malfeasance in the Trayvon Martin shooting case that it’s hard to keep track of it all.

Here’s a roundup of some of the top media misses.

EditGate 

NBC selectively edited George Zimmerman’s 911 call to make him appear racist.  NBC heard about the story after everyone, they claim:

Sources at the network told Reuters on Thursday that NBC News executives did not know the emergency call was misleadingly edited until news reports surfaced days later on blogs including newsbusters.org and Breitbart.com.

So, there’s that. And you’re welcome, NBC. They also apparently fired someone but said that the editing was "a mistake"--yet we don’t know who they fired and we don’t know how it was a mistake.

CNN’s Racist Audio Fiasco

The CNN show Anderson Cooper 360 ran a report on March 21st that showed, with a dramatic technological flourish. that George Zimmerman had muttered a racial epithet under his breath as he pursued Trayvon Martin. That was the main piece of actual evidence of racism in the story.

Except, a week later CNN had another expert on who said that Zimmerman didn’t say ‘coon,’ but said ‘cold’ instead. Except, then an expert said the word was ‘punks’ not ‘cold.  And now what does CNN say?

Sometimes we hear what we want to hear.

Yeah. Thanks, CNN.

The Pictures 

This is a shameless, ongoing scandal that is so omnipresent that it doesn’t even feel like scandal — every network and print out there has used photos of Trayvon Marin that don’t accurately reflect how he looked at the time of the incident. Instead, we get photos supplied by the family’s attorney that gave many people the wrong impression that a young boy was shot. Why not show the 17 year Trayvon Martin?   ::snipping2:: 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »

http://global.christianpost.com/news/trayvon-martin-shot-was-his-assailant-drunk-71645/

A Hat Tip to Athena1

Athena 
Registered User   #1474
http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1410679#post1410679

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »

(CBS News) SANFORD, Fla. - Shots were fired at a Sanford police car parked near the scene of the Trayvon Martin shooting. According to authorities, the cruiser was found Tuesday morning with bullet holes in it and at least window blown out.

Police said no one was inside the cruiser, which was parked across the street from the Retreat at Twin Lakes apartment complex, near the front of Bentley Elementary School.

CBS affiliate WKMG reports witnesses said they heard six shots. At least two bullets struck the patrol car.   ::snipping2:: 

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=national&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57411787/shots-fired-at-police-car-near-trayvon-martin-shooting-scene/&feed_id=1&videoid=37&catid=57411787
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »

And this right here...
New reports also show

is a problem.  We've already seen what 'news reports' show in this case and it isn't always the truth.  When the State's Atty says the man was drunk, I'll believe it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »

(CBS News) SANFORD, Fla. - Shots were fired at a Sanford police car parked near the scene of the Trayvon Martin shooting. According to authorities, the cruiser was found Tuesday morning with bullet holes in it and at least window blown out.

Police said no one was inside the cruiser, which was parked across the street from the Retreat at Twin Lakes apartment complex, near the front of Bentley Elementary School.

CBS affiliate WKMG reports witnesses said they heard six shots. At least two bullets struck the patrol car.   ::snipping2:: 

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=national&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57411787/shots-fired-at-police-car-near-trayvon-martin-shooting-scene/&feed_id=1&videoid=37&catid=57411787

Oh my goodness...why don't they stop this crap...and that isn't by backing down!  I agree that an investigation should be ongoing...like ANY other case.  If my child was taken in this manner I would demand an investigation...but, in no way would I be okay with the violence.  I would get on national television and demand that everyone stop the violence and if protest were needed it would be quietly done.  I would use my resources not THIS!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »

Does Target (Sanford) have a alcohol license? 
RZ,Jr. said GZ went to Target to buy Milk, did he buy anything else? 

Does the local 7-11 sell Beer, etc?

Florida Alcohol laws, nothing is crystal clear.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7746930_florida-alcohol-sales-laws.html

Hours of Sale

Florida allows local municipalities to determine the hours of sale for alcoholic beverages in restaurants. If a municipality does not pass an ordinance relating to the sale of alcoholic beverages, the latest hour they may be sold is 2 a.m. Counties and cities with later hours of sale include Tampa (3 a.m.) and Broward County (4 a.m.). Alcohol is sold 24 hours day in the Miami entertainment district. Store hours also vary by municipality.

Read more: Florida Alcohol Sales Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7746930_florida-alcohol-sales-laws.html#ixzz1rezW577A

::justice2NJ::

Good Questions are better than good answers.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

Too bad LE didn't see fit to test George Zimmerman at the time of the incident for drugs or alcohol...

We wouldn't be left guessing or wondering if he was under the influence.

I bet they tested Trayvon's remains for drugs and alcohol.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »

This is loathsome.  The media's efforts of stirring the racist pot is paying off and now they have more stories to cover.

What's even more troubling is that the public has not learned to overcome this and see it for what it is.

I bet the shooter is some idiot who doesn't even care about race; they're just piggybacking on the media hype.

Great post, Muffy.  You nailed it.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »

I wonder what TM's parents will be doing with the money they are making off of gullible people once this is all over with?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/317432/20120321/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman-drug-test.htm
Why Wasn't George Zimmerman Given Drug, Alcohol Tests but Travyon Was?

"Except for DUIs, police cannot test suspects for drugs or alcohol, unless the accused demands or consents to it, or they get a warrant. Trayvon Martin was tested for drugs and alcohol because it is the normal procedure of autopsies to determine the exact cause of death or contributing factors of death," the Washington Times said. "The so-called law enforcement and legal experts who claim Zimmerman should have been tested demonstrate they have no expertise."

And here it is folks...whether he'd shown positive or negative, any defense atty would have it thrown out.  Had the positions been reversed, Martin's atty would do the same and be screaming racial profiling if LE had even questioned the need for a tox test.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »

IMO, this is going to end up like the duke lacrosse scandal.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »

This is what we don't need, whether it's done in the name of Trayvon or George Zimmerman.   

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120409/ARTICLES/120409617/1182?Title=Man-tells-police-group-yelled-8216-Trayvon-then-beat-him
Man tells police group yelled ‘Trayvon,' then beat him
By Chad Smith
April 9, 2012

Police are investigating the “racially motivated” beating of a 27-year-old man who was walking home from midtown bars early Saturday when he said he was jumped by five to eight men who shouted “Trayvon” before the attack.

The exclamation was an apparent reference to Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old from Miami who was shot and killed in February walking back to his father’s girlfriend’s house in Sanford.

His shooter, George Zimmerman, has not been charged.

The case of Martin, an unarmed black teenager who was killed by Zimmerman, a Hispanic crime-watch volunteer, has stirred conversations across the country about race, crime and profiling.

Investigators believe that case was the catalyst for the beating Saturday in Gainesville.

“We do believe that the crime was racially motivated,” Gainesville Police Department spokeswoman Cpl. Angelina Valuri said.

The assailants were black, while the victim is white, Valuri said.
 ::snipping2::

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

(RNN) - CNN is reporting that the embattled neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman will speak to the media within the hour.

More

SLIDESHOW: Outrage over Trayvon Martin case

Trayvon Martin, 17, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman, 28, who claims self-defense.

Zimmerman made news most recently with a website he launched designed to raise funds for his defense. Zimmerman has admitted to shooting and killing Trayvon Martin, 17, on the night of Feb. 26 in Sanford, FL.

The website titled "The Real George Zimmerman" is asking for donations to help with legal defense fund, as the website says, for the "life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage."   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17371121/zimmerman-to-speak-for-the-first-time-since-shooting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.