March 28, 2024, 04:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390670 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »

Has Travon been laid to rest yet?

Sorry...Trayvon.....

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #521 on: April 13, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »

Sorry...Trayvon.....

Cookie,

Here is some information....I will try findagrave.com

http://www.legacy.com/ns/obitfinder/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=Last1Yrs&firstname=trayvon&lastname=martin&countryid=1&stateid=0&affiliateid=all

Trayvon Martin
Martin, Trayvon, 17, of Miami, FL, passed away on February 26, 2012. Roy Mizell & Kurtz Funeral Home, Ft. Lauderdale.

Read Obituary
Published in Sun-Sentinel on March 2, 2012

Trayvon B. Martin Sanford, FL Trayvon Benjamin Martin, 17, born on February 5, 1995, was the son of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin.

He was visiting with his father and his...

Read Obituary  Visit Guest Book

Published in The News & ******* on April 9, 2012

www.legacy.com...Trayvon Martin

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #522 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=86298494

Birth:  Feb. 5, 1995
Death:  Feb. 26, 2012
Sanford
Seminole County
Florida, USA

Trayvon was a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School. He loved horses, sports, video games and dreamed of becoming a pilot. He is survived by his parents. His funeral was held March 3, 2012, in Miami. More than 1,000 people, including classmates and friends, attended his viewing. May he rest in eternal peace.

Burial:
Dade Memorial Park
Miami
Miami-Dade County
Florida, USA
Plot: MDCU 10 South, Row A, Crypt 9

Created by: Andie Parrish (Ancestor'...
Record added: Mar 05, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 86298494

Trayvon will not attend his Prom, thanks to GZ, but GZ is eating and playing in Jail. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:30 AM »

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=86298494

Birth:  Feb. 5, 1995
Death:  Feb. 26, 2012
Sanford
Seminole County
Florida, USA

Trayvon was a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School. He loved horses, sports, video games and dreamed of becoming a pilot. He is survived by his parents. His funeral was held March 3, 2012, in Miami. More than 1,000 people, including classmates and friends, attended his viewing. May he rest in eternal peace.

Burial:
Dade Memorial Park
Miami
Miami-Dade County
Florida, USA
Plot: MDCU 10 South, Row A, Crypt 9

Created by: Andie Parrish (Ancestor'...
Record added: Mar 05, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 86298494

Trayvon will not attend his Prom, thanks to GZ, but GZ is eating and playing in Jail. IMO

Zimmerman housed apart at jail, makes purchases

CNN) -- George Michael Zimmerman, inmate #201200004452, is living in a cell with 67 square feet of floor space, is allowed to read the Bible and magazines, but has no access to TV, according to officials at the central Florida jail where he is being held.

Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the February 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, is segregated from the general population at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

According to jail records, Zimmerman, 28, has purchased $79.84 in items at the facility's commissary, leaving a balance of $41.16. He's allowed to buy items once a week.

The neighborhood watch volunteer's shopping list included contact lens solution, Irish Spring soap, playing cards, puzzle books, Jolly Ranchers candy, two oranges and other snacks, the sheriff's office said in a news release Thursday.

The facility assesses a $10 booking fee and a $3 per day subsistence fee. The fee is deducted from the inmate's trust account.
::snipping2::  

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-jail/index.html

BBM A more comprehensive list of items purchased.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:15:05 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: April 13, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »

Yes, he was buried on March 3rd.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »

I'm glad that my community is doing this.  Prayers for everyone involved...especially the family that lost their son.  So tragic.

Bartow Religious Leaders Plan Gathering to Remember Trayvon Martin

"We felt like we needed to do something to get the people together to pray for healing," she said. "That's what we are going to do — to pray for healing in the nation."

"We also want people to know what's going on with the legal case, and where it's going from here," she said. "So many people are misinformed, and that's not good."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120412/NEWS/120419776/1134?Title=Bartow-Religious-Leaders-Plan-Gathering-to-Remember-Trayvon-Martin

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:01 AM »

I'm glad that my community is doing this.  Prayers for everyone involved...especially the family that lost their son.  So tragic.

"We felt like we needed to do something to get the people together to pray for healing," she said. "That's what we are going to do — to pray for healing in the nation."

"We also want people to know what's going on with the legal case, and where it's going from here," she said. "So many people are misinformed, and that's not good."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120412/NEWS/120419776/1134?Title=Bartow-Religious-Leaders-Plan-Gathering-to-Remember-Trayvon-Martin

I didn't put the scissors in...self edit.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57413553/bond-issue-next-up-as-zimmerman-case-progresses/
Bond issue next up as Zimmerman case progresses
By  Mark Strassmann
April, 13, 2012

(CBS News) George Zimmerman is still in police custody, facing murder charges for the shooting of Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012.

At his bond hearing next Friday, Zimmerman's new lawyer, Mark O'Mara, will argue his client is no flight risk and that if he wanted to run, he'd be long-gone six weeks after the shooting of Martin.

Zimmerman has not yet entered a plea. That will happen at his arraignment, scheduled for May 29. By then, he and his attorney hope, Zimmerman will be free on bond.

But there's another issue: whether Zimmerman, facing murder charges, is actually safer behind bars.
Zimmerman's first hearing was purely procedural and lasted less than three minutes. For his jailhouse protection, the second-degree murder defendant is staying alone in a cell designed for two inmates.
Zimmerman hid for most of the six weeks he faced no charges for killing unarmed Trayvon Martin. He claimed it was in self-defense.

But his arrest relieved many people in Sanford, Fla. Edward Cason, a Sanford resident, told CBS News, "I'm not going to lie to you. I wanted to do a back flip. ... What went through my head is, 'It's about time. It took them long enough.'"

Another, Carolyn Walker, said, "We feel like that's the first step in this particular case. But not only do we want justice for Trayvon Martin. We also want justice for George Zimmerman."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »

Thanks all...
My goodness,,,,I was trying to think why I would have missed the news of his funeral and then I realized that was the day after getting the new pup and I was not doing much except puppy sitting...
I will look back to see the news on his funeral..thanks again..

RIP Trayvon....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Atty-Zimmerman-bail-hearing-to-be-held-next-week-3479065.php
Atty: Zimmerman bail hearing to be held next week
April 13, 2012

ANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Trayvon Martin's supporters fought for weeks to win an arrest after the 17-year-old was fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida. Now George Zimmerman's attorney has begun what could be a lengthy legal battle to free his client from the second-degree murder charge filed in the case.

The first step for Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara will be to try to get his client out of jail while the legal process continues. A hearing for the 28-year-old probably will be held on April 20 to determine if he will be allowed to post bail and leave jail, O'Mara said late Thursday.
Zimmerman did not enter a plea during the hearing, although O'Mara previously said his client ultimately will plead not guilty. Zimmerman will be able to enter a plea during his May 29 arraignment.

At some point soon, O'Mara also is expected to ask the judge for a hearing on Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law, which gives people a broad right to use deadly force without having to retreat from a fight.

"It is going to be a facet of this defense, I'm sure," he said in an interview. "That statute has some troublesome portions to it, and we're now going to have some conversations and discussions about it as a state. But right now it is the law of Florida and it is the law that is going to have an impact on this case."

For all the relief among civil rights activists over the arrest, legal experts warned there is a real chance the case could get thrown out before it ever goes to trial because of the "stand your ground" law.

At a pretrial hearing, Zimmerman's lawyers would only have to prove by a preponderance of evidence — a relatively low legal standard — that he acted in self-defense in order to get a judge to toss out the second-murder charges. And if that fails and the case does go to trial, the defense can raise the argument all over again.
(2 pg. article)
Slide show at link

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452

GEORGE  ZIMMERMAN 

INMATE INFORMATION 
Booking #:  201200004452 
Name:  GEORGE   ZIMMERMAN   
Date of Birth:  10/05/1983 
Arrested by:  Seminole County Sheriff`s Office 
Arrest Date:  04/11/2012 08:30:00 PM 

•Arraignment: 05/29/12 13:30 - 2012001083CFA

Inmate may not be bailed.

ACCOUNT BALANCE 

$318.16 

BBM

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452

GEORGE  ZIMMERMAN 

INMATE INFORMATION 
Booking #:  201200004452 
Name:  GEORGE   ZIMMERMAN   
Date of Birth:  10/05/1983 
Arrested by:  Seminole County Sheriff`s Office 
Arrest Date:  04/11/2012 08:30:00 PM 

•Arraignment: 05/29/12 13:30 - 2012001083CFA

Inmate may not be bailed.

ACCOUNT BALANCE 

$318.16 

BBM

Account Balance is down to 308.16, must be the 10.00 booking fee, IMO.

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452The facility

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »

Video: George Zimmerman Spends $79.84 at Jail Store, Cries Through Night

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/video-george-zimmerman-spends-7984-jail-store-cries-through-night

In between tears, Zimmerman stocked up on some basic supplies. According to the Miami Herald, he spent $79.84 at the jail store on playing cards, puzzles, candy, socks, a phone debit card, soap, underwear, beef sticks, t-shirts, deodorant, chocolate cookies, and an orange.

Video: George Zimmerman Spends $79.84 at Jail Store, Cries Through Night
He is going to need a lot of drawers.  Smile  IMO

Is the Jail Store like a 7/11, is it is open all night?  He must be a marathon shopper. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129059/Trayvon-Martin-case-George-Zimmermans-new-life-jail-revealed-spends-night-bars.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129059/Trayvon-Martin-case-George-Zimmermans-new-life-jail-revealed-spends-night-bars.html

The price list is included by Daily Mail.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

Affidavit: George Zimmerman did not use racial slur

When a recording was released of a 911 call George Zimmerman made to police shortly before fatally shooting Trayvon Martin, some who heard it zeroed in on three words to suggest he had uttered a racial slur.

An affidavit released by the prosecutor who has charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder says he did not use a slur, however. The document filed Thursday did say Zimmerman "profiled" Martin. It did not elaborate.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view/20120413affidavit_george_zimmerman_did_not_use_racial_slur/format=comments&position=recent
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »

EXCELLENT (imo) presentation of the Florida statute for second degree murder and the charges levied against George Zimmerman at the link below.

I do not have a legal mind or background, and I found this very basic to understand. Thanks, Valhall.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/04/13/trayvon-martin-case-looking-at-the-charge-against-george/#more-9897

This at least establishes for us the information we have previously heard that the State holds as true in establishing and supporting the charge of second-degree murder against George Zimmerman.  How these statements of fact will be challenged and either stand or fall in a court of law is yet to be seen.

Valhall.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »

Judge in George Zimmerman case may recuse herself

The attorney for George Zimmerman, who's charged with murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, said he will likely filing a motion for the judge to recuse herself from the case because of a possible conflict of interest.

During a 10-minute status hearing that was held Friday in Seminole County, attorney Mark O'Mara said the filing of the motion to have Circuit Court Judge Jessica Recksiedler removed may be "imminent."

O'Mara became Zimmerman's attorney after being recommended by attorney Mark NeJame, who was contacted by Zimmerman's family.  Recksiedler's husband works at NeJame's law firm.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Attorney-for-George-Zimmerman-seeks-judge-s-recusal/-/1637132/10705038/-/13fp7e3/-/index.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

George Zimmerman judge: My husband works for a lawyer who'll do case commentary for CNN

NFORD – The judge hearing the George Zimmerman case today announced that her husband works for the law firm of Mark NeJame, who's been hired to act as a CNN analyst for this case.

Circuit Judge Jessica Recksiedler said she had an ethical obligation to disclose that and allow Zimmerman's attorney or the special prosecutor to ask her to step down.  ::snipping2::

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-hearing-trayvon-martin-20120413_1_status-hearing-second-degree-murder-affidavit
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/surprise-bail-hearing-accused-trayvon-martin-killer-george-zimmerman-announced-article-1.1061222
Surprise bail hearing for accused Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman announced
Suspect will appear in court Friday

April 12, 2012

Trayvon Martin’s accused killer has a bail hearing Friday — an unexpected development in a controversial case with many twists and turns.

George Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder, was not expected back in court until later this month.
The surprise announcement came after O’Mara -- a respected lawyer best known for his cable TV commentary on sensational Florida trials like the Casey Anthony case -- said he didn’t expect Zimmerman to be tried this year.

“It would be guesswork,” O’Mara said. “But, most cases like this, I cannot imagine it going to trial within the year.”

O’Mara, in an interview with Michel Martin of National Public Radio, also said he doesn’t think Zimmerman could get a fair trial right now — and certainly not in Seminole County, Fla.

“You know, the wounds are still quite raw,” he said. “And part of it is, I would like to give the community some time, to begin to build back up its trust in the criminal justice process.”

Asked if he would request a change of venue at Zimmerman’s arraignment, O’Mara said “I have no idea.”

“It’s much too early,” he said. “That process really should occur only when you’re getting close to trial.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.