March 28, 2024, 07:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390582 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #840 on: May 02, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »

Totally agree tupelo.

Not only will it affect the jury pool but it really seems like self gratuitous pandering... further inciting folks to pick a side. 

I have to admit that I would like to hear more about the evidence the state has against Zimmerman.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: May 02, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »

Zimmerman needs to get a fair trial. He won't get a fair trial with Sharpton, Jessie, the parent's attorney and Trayvon's own parents telling their side of the story to the whole world via tv,marches and whatever else ...isn't their continuous harping to the public how George murdered their child going to affect the jury pool? While not a fan of GZ, only because of what I have heard in the media, I respect his attorney for trying to show GZ's side through twitter and fb.
I hope that once all the facts are out about this case that justice will be done.
This case may not turn out the way that either side might want as people are going to be so burned out on all of this before the trial even begins IMO...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: May 02, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »

George Zimmerman's old MySpace page draws scrutiny online

An old MySpace page apparently belonging to George Zimmerman has surfaced online, and has drawn scrutiny for disparaging remarks about Mexicans and a former lover.

There are new photos of Zimmerman on the site, which appear to be several years old. There are also two blog posts, both dated August 2005, which make reference to Zimmerman's past legal woes.

Of leaving his native Manassas, Va., Zimmerman wrote: "I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft [expletive] wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!"

Zimmerman also makes reference to an "ex hoe," possibly a reference to his ex-fiancée, who filed an injunction accusing him of domestic violence, also in August 2005.

He also addressed his 2005 arrest outside a bar near the University of Central Florida. Initially charged with felonies, accused of striking an alcohol and tobacco agent arresting his friend, Zimmerman notes that his charges were "dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump, Thanks to everyone friends and fam, G baby you know your my rock!"

Zimmerman ultimately completed a pre-trial diversion program, and the misdemeanor was dropped.

The MySpace page first resurfaced on websites and blogs including MediaTakeout.com and GlobalGrind.com, and Zimmerman's attorney confirmed its legitimacy to the Miami Herald.

MediaTakeout, which claimed to have unearthed the page, said it "proves" that Zimmerman is "a racist."  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-02/news/os-george-zimmerman-myspace-trayvon-20120502_1_myspace-mexicans-new-photos

Hmmmm...wonder why they don't mention the several black friends he has in the myspace page???
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: May 02, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered

SANFORD -- Just as George Zimmerman’s attorney pushes the envelope of accepted legal practices by launching a social media operation for his client, another site has popped up that belonged to the controversial former neighborhood watch volunteer who now faces a murder charge.

This one is a 7-year old Myspace page called “only to be king again” that makes disparaging comments about Mexicans. The Web page, which his atto“I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book,” the 2005 Myspace page said. “Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”

Another line suggested his friends went to jail and did not rat him out. “They do a year and dont ever open thier [sic] mouth to get my ass pinched.”

The pictures posted on the page including several with an ethnically diverse group of friends. The blog section boasts about having two felonies knocked down to misdemeanors and describes a court battle with an ex-girlfriend. Zimmerman faced two felonies in 2005 for obstructing justice and battery on a law enforcement officer, but the cases were reduced to misdemeanor simple battery, and he was left with no criminal conviction on his record.

Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, confirmed the page was his client’s, and that it was abandoned in 2005.

The site was the latest discovery in an ongoing social media battle in the Zimmerman case. The Feb. 26 shooting of Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin received its first groundswell of attention on social media platforms, which were later used to portray the victim in a negative light. Now the defense is embracing Twitter, Facebook and a blog to provide forums for discussion — and to raise money.

Trayvon Martin’s family took to the Web to raise funds and to gather petitions to demand criminal charges against Zimmerman. His killer’s lawyer uses the medium to raise funds, post articles and announcements, and dispel rumors.

There are several photos of Zimmerman on the page, and in one of them he appears to be wearing the same orange polo shirt that he donned in his 2005 police mug shot. Zimmerman used the name “Joe G.” on the site, and posted a biography that mentions he grew up in Manassas, Va., had recently opened an insurance business and missed all his friends.

Last month, a Zimmerman Myspace page under the username “datniggytb” was taken down.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/01/2778234_myspace-page-is-latest-salvo-in.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #844 on: May 02, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »

An old MySpace page apparently belonging to George Zimmerman has surfaced online, and has drawn scrutiny for disparaging remarks about Mexicans and a former lover.

There are new photos of Zimmerman on the site, which appear to be several years old. There are also two blog posts, both dated August 2005, which make reference to Zimmerman's past legal woes.

Of leaving his native Manassas, Va., Zimmerman wrote: "I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft [expletive] wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!"

Zimmerman also makes reference to an "ex hoe," possibly a reference to his ex-fiancée, who filed an injunction accusing him of domestic violence, also in August 2005.

He also addressed his 2005 arrest outside a bar near the University of Central Florida. Initially charged with felonies, accused of striking an alcohol and tobacco agent arresting his friend, Zimmerman notes that his charges were "dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump, Thanks to everyone friends and fam, G baby you know your my rock!"

Zimmerman ultimately completed a pre-trial diversion program, and the misdemeanor was dropped.

The MySpace page first resurfaced on websites and blogs including MediaTakeout.com and GlobalGrind.com, and Zimmerman's attorney confirmed its legitimacy to the Miami Herald.

MediaTakeout, which claimed to have unearthed the page, said it "proves" that Zimmerman is "a racist."  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-02/news/os-george-zimmerman-myspace-trayvon-20120502_1_myspace-mexicans-new-photos

Hmmmm...wonder why they don't mention the several black friends he has in the myspace page???
Or that the Martin family lawyers were able to 'clean' up loose ends on the 'net.  If you're going to report on this case at least tell both sides.  Isn't that what true reporting is all about?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #845 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »

A seven yr old myspace page would put GZ at what?...21 yrs old?  Put it in perspective, folks.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: May 02, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

Or that the Martin family lawyers were able to 'clean' up loose ends on the 'net.  If you're going to report on this case at least tell both sides.  Isn't that what true reporting is all about?

This is laughable...they are really trying hard to spin ANYTHING in favor of racism.  Pathetic! 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: May 02, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »

Zimmerman’s attorney: Trayvon’s social media posts fair game.
George Zimmerman’s controversial Myspace account will likely come up in his murder trial, his lawyer says.

SANFORD -- George Zimmerman’s defense attorney says he will not comment on a Myspace page that portrays his client in a “less-than-favorable” light, because the racially charged social media postings could come up at his murder trial.

But he hinted that if Zimmerman’s postings will be scrutinized in court, Trayvon Martin’s would be too.

The Miami Herald reported that Zimmerman had a Myspace social media account where he wrote insulting remarks about Mexicans. He referred to an ex-girlfriend as a “hoe,” talked about beating a felony rap and complained that every Mexican he ran into pulled a knife on him. One line suggested that friends went to jail rather than snitch on him.

“Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!” Zimmerman wrote.

Defense attorney Mark O’Mara said Zimmerman’s account had been hacked and abandoned — but acknowledged that the posts cited by The Herald were written by his client.

A crucial element in Zimmerman’s criminal case is whether he racially profiled Trayvon Martin when he followed him Feb. 26, got into a fight with him and then shot him. Zimmerman denies profiling Trayvon and claims he shot him to save his own life.

Trayvon’s family’s attorney, Benjamin Crump, told The Herald the Myspace posting was disturbing because it demonstrates Zimmerman’s “pattern of profiling.”

“It’s one thing to think something like that, but to type it?” Crump said. “You really gotta be racist. You really have to have ill will and malice.”

In a statement posted on his website Wednesday, O’Mara published one of Crump’s Miami Herald quotes, and noted: “We believe that inviting public scrutiny of the contents of this social media account invites scrutiny of the social media accounts of all parties involved. While these social media accounts may be public, we will not comment on them publicly, as they may be part of the evidence produced at trial.”

O’Mara seemed to be suggesting that Trayvon’s social media accounts would be brought up at trial as well.

“I always assume they are going to attack the victim,” Crump said when told of O’Mara’s statement Wednesday. “What part of what I said wasn’t true? You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see the behavior pattern. Zimmerman is on trial for murder: His credibility is at issue, his mentality is at issue.   ::snipping2:: 

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/02/2779667_zimmermans-attorney-trayvons-social.html#storylink=cpy
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: May 02, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »

George Zimmerman MySpace Page Reveals Racism Against Mexicans

::snipping2::  The new website, gzlegalcase.com, was made after Zimmerman's initial legal defense site was shut down. Last week, O'Mara ordered his client to wipe his Internet presence clean, leading Zimmerman to take down his website and social media accounts, The Miami Herald reports. O'Mara said any remaining web pages purporting to belong to Zimmerman are fakes.

Zimmerman's legal defense fund, which is used to pay for his legal fees and living expenses, has collected more than $200,000.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Wednesday that prosecutors could use the MySpace page against Zimmerman to prove he has a history of racial profiling.

"It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/336344/20120502/zimmerman-myspace-page-racism-mexicans-trayvon-martin.htm
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: May 02, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »

Does mr Crump also want Trayvon's social networking pages used against him?
He is not shown in the best light either jmo

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #850 on: May 02, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/reporters-beaten-by-mob-of-blacks-and-their-newspaper-stayed-silent.html

Reporters Beaten by Mob of Blacks and Their Newspaper Stayed Silent

The day after the attack Forster searched Twitter and found a chilling tweet Washington wrote.

“I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light,” one person wrote.
“I don’t,” wrote another, indicating laughter. ‘(do it for trayvon martin) (sic)”

“Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew?” Washington wrote. “Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?”

A police spokesman tells Fox News that the incident is still under investigation and they are also looking at whoever wrote the tweet. But as of now – the case is still a simple assault – and does not rise to the level of a hate crime.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: May 02, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/sandusky-case-hearing-set-may-9-for-all-motions-to-quash-subpoenas-1053080/
Sandusky Case: Hearing Set May 9 for All Motions to Quash Subpoenas
By Laura Nichols
May 2, 2012

All the major players in the Jerry Sandusky case will convene again Wednesday, May 9, at the Centre County Courthouse in Bellefonte.

That's when Judge John M. Cleland will hold a 1:30 p.m. hearing to address all motions to quash subpoenas, already filed or otherwise.

To date, motions have been filed by the Keystone Central School District, the Mifflin County School District and The Second Mile. Any similar motion filed by next Wednesday will be heard at the same time, Cleland said.

This past Friday, prosecutors said that Jerry Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, was inappropriately using his subpoena rights and asked that the court restrict them.

Amendola denied any wrongdoing.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-02/news/os-george-zimmerman-social-media-beth-kassab-05031-20120502_1_social-media-facebook-site-web-site

George Zimmerman's risky social media push first of its kind
6:32 p.m. EST, May 2, 2012|Beth Kassab, Local News Columnist

Days into an unprecedented social media push on behalf of a criminal defendant, George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara is already owning up to two missteps.

Neither one is significant enough to greatly impact his case. At least so far.
 ::snipping2::
O'Mara is upfront about the mistakes he's made so far.

He took down a question he posed on Facebook asking what people thought about the $200,000 Zimmerman raised through a previous Web site set up before O'Mara took his case.

"That may be a little too close to a lobbying effort or a fact-specific effort," he said.

He is also distancing himself from a new Web site he set up to collect money for Zimmerman's defense.

"If I had thought it through, I wouldn't have done it with my name at all," he said, adding that he didn't want to appear to be soliciting dollars to pad his own paycheck. He's hired a former IRS agent and accountant to administer the fund and is waiting for official approval from the state Department of Consumer Affairs.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: May 02, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Angela-Corey-s-response-does-not-comply-with-law/-/1637132/12514756/-/nrtsovz/-/

Angela Corey's response 'does not comply' with law
Lawyers must 'find other grounds" to withhold evidence from public
Published On: May 02 2012 02:26:40 PM EDT Updated On: May 02 2012 04:16:05 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
Special Prosecutor Angela Corey is being so tight-lipped about her legal reasoning for refusing to release evidence in the case against George Zimmerman, her office's response fails to comply with Florida's Sunshine Law, a non-profit legal foundation told Local 6.

In response to a public records request to Corey for any evidence that "tends to negate the guilt of the defendant," known as exculpatory evidence, Corey's office told Local 6, "The records are exempt (from disclosure requirements) pursuant to Section 119.071(2)(c)1, Florida Statutes."

That statute allows active criminal investigative information to be exempt from public disclosure. But the special prosecutor's response didn't explain the reasons why she believes the requested records actually meet the definition of "exempt" active criminal investigative information -- and several lawyers believe that's because they don't.

Legal experts made it clear her office's short response denying the records doesn't cut it.

"The response does not comply with the statutory requirement that the custodian state with particularity the reason for the conclusion that the cited exemption applies to the Requested Records," said attorney Jon Kaney, the General Counsel of Florida's First Amendment Foundation.

Florida's Sunshine Law requires an agency denying access to records be specific about its reasoning, so the member of the public requesting records can challenge the agency's decision to withhold records, if its reasoning for claiming the record is exempt from disclosure requirements doesn't make sense.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:16 PM »

Another Misleading Edit Costs Another NBC News Employee Her Job

Lilia Luciano, a Miami-based NBC News correspondent, is no longer working for the network, TVNewser has learned.

Luciano last reported for NBC News March 31. Until that point, she had been reporting mainly on the Trayvon Martin story. Sources tell TVNewser Luciano’s dismissal came after an investigation which also led to the firing of a seasoned NBC News producer over a similar, misleading edit. In a story for the “Today” show on March 20, Luciano used part of the George Zimmerman 911 call in which an entire phrase (italicized below) was taken from a later part of the conversation:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/lilia-luciano-fired-misleading-edit_b125484

Pre-internet these people would still have their jobs...and we'd all be believing their edited version...
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »

George Zimmerman's risky social media push first of its kind

Days into an unprecedented social media push on behalf of a criminal defendant, George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara is already owning up to two missteps.

Neither one is significant enough to greatly impact his case. At least so far.

But the lessons in the days since O'Mara launched a voice for Zimmerman on Twitter and Facebook, as well as a blog (gzlegalcase.com), show just how dicey such exploits can be for a criminal defendant.

O'Mara may be the first criminal defense attorney to use social media in this way.

But if he isn't careful, he could really step in it. He could find himself wiping virtual dung from his virtual shoe — but never fully ridding his case of the very real stench that's left behind.

It's easy to understand O'Mara's motives. He has already helped humanize Zimmerman and wants to maintain control over his image. He wants to correct falsehoods circulating about the case. And he wants to monitor the online conversations, hoping to glean nuggets of information that could be helpful to the defense.

But he's also providing another forum — as if there weren't enough already — for people to spout unsubstantiated theories and opinions about the man that killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and is claiming self-defense.

Some of the Facebook threads have more than 100 comments. You have to wonder if O'Mara is helping to calm pre-trial publicity — or fuel it.

"I hope you get Zimmerman acquitted so that I can go to Florida, stalk people because I don't like the way they look, and then shoot them if they dare defend themselves," one poster wrote on the Facebook site.

There's more like that. And worse.

O'Mara acknowledges his strategy is experimental.

He says he's taking a conservative approach and won't discuss the facts of the case.

He's posted five times on the blog since Saturday on topics such as why he started the Web site and why he's waiting to demand evidence from prosecutors (he wants to try to keep information about witnesses private).  ::snipping2:: 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-02/news/os-george-zimmerman-social-media-beth-kassab-05031-20120502_1_social-media-facebook-site-web-site
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/reporters-beaten-by-mob-of-blacks-and-their-newspaper-stayed-silent.html

Reporters Beaten by Mob of Blacks and Their Newspaper Stayed Silent

The day after the attack Forster searched Twitter and found a chilling tweet Washington wrote.

“I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light,” one person wrote.
“I don’t,” wrote another, indicating laughter. ‘(do it for trayvon martin) (sic)”

“Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew?” Washington wrote. “Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?”

A police spokesman tells Fox News that the incident is still under investigation and they are also looking at whoever wrote the tweet. But as of now – the case is still a simple assault – and does not rise to the level of a hate crime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions raised over Virginia newspaper's delay in report of attack on reporters

Critics accused the paper of burying the attack over race relations. But Pilot Editor Denis Finley, in a memo to the staff obtained by WAVY, said, "We did not cover up anything. We bend over backwards to treat ourselves the same way we would treat any other member of the community. ... We have done our due diligence with the story."  ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11507850-questions-raised-over-virginia-newspapers-delay-in-report-of-attack-on-reporters
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: May 03, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »

Trayvon Martin's parents visit Birmingham, march to King statue in Kelly Ingram Park

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- The parents of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin arrived in Birmingham today, spoke briefly this afternoon in front of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute in downtown Birmingham and walked with a group of about 50 people to the King statue in Kelly Ingram Park.

"We are going through a lot but it's good to know we have a lot of people standing with us," said Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton.

Martin's father, Tracy Martin, thanked the City of Birmingham for making his son an honorary citizen in a vote by the City Council. "Most of all I'd like to thank you for making Trayvon a citizen of Birmingham," Martin said. "Birmingham is definitely our home as well."

Martin, 17, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Fla. George Zimmerman, 28, was arrested more than a month later and charged with second-degree murder. Zimmerman told police Martin looked suspicious walking through the gated community and that he shot Martin in self-defense after a confrontation.

Trayvon Martin's older brother, Jahvaris Fulton, 21, and several other relatives took part in the march to the civil rights memorial park, but did not speak publicly.

Most of the talking was done by the family's attorney, Benjamin Crump. "Everybody is really waiting to see if Trayvon Martin can get justice," Crump said.

"George Zimmerman should be convicted of second-degree murder," Crump said. "This is not a difficult case. He pursued, confronted and killed an unarmed kid."

Martin, wearing a hoodie, had walked to a convenience store to buy a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona iced tea when he was targeted by Zimmerman, Crump said.

He said Martin wanted to go to college and study aviation. "Shame on George Zimmerman for killing that dream," Crump said.  ::snipping2:: 

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/05/trayvon_martins_parents_visit.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: May 03, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

George Zimmerman: Historic civil rights group to bring convention to Sanford

SANFORD --
The Southern Christian Leadership Conference, a group closely associated with the birth of the civil rights movement, is bringing its annual convention to Sanford, in order to keep the spotlight on the Trayvon Martin case.

SCLC Interim President C.T. Vivian says the group wants to speak to the overall issue of African-Americans "being seen as something they are not"' and "being killed for something they shouldn't be killed for."

Vivian says the Martin shooting is an opportunity to engage young people and teach them about non-violent direct action, a cornerstone of the civil rights movement.  ::snipping2::

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/3/george_zimmerman_his.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: May 03, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »

George Zimmerman: Emails pour into inboxes of Sanford city officials

News 13 obtained close to one hundred emails, out of thousands sent to Sanford City Commissioner Patty Mahany.

From outrage to empathy, folks from across the country have weighed in on the Trayvon Martin shooting.

From Hawaii, to Arizona, Minnesota and Alabama, emails have flowed into the Mahany and other Sanford city officials.

“Some of them where just sickening and disgusting do to the language,” said Mahany.

Mahany tells News 13 the tone has changed as the Trayvon Martin shooting investigation developed.

Some of the darkest emails came days before the city commission called for resignation of former Chief Bill Lee.

One woman from New York state wrote:

“This proves that your town is full of racist rednecks!”

Mahany said there are many more emails with a hateful tone.

“It is the tip of the iceberg, I would say all total there are probably almost 2,000,” said Mahany.

As developments in the case came to light, the message changed.

“The tone of the emails started to become more positive as little bits and pieces of the evidence came out,” said Mahany.

One specific turning point, according to Mahany, was when the city commission in Sanford denied Chief Bill Lee’s resignation.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/2/city_officials_in_sa.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.