March 28, 2024, 12:12:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390645 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: May 07, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »

I only brought up the girlfriend because of the parents seem to make a show by walking together holding hands at the rallies. By now we all know that lawyers coach clients on image more than worry about the law. Most likely some of the donation money goes to
whatever they call the social media analyst like we saw Bozo use.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

I only brought up the girlfriend because of the parents seem to make a show by walking together holding hands at the rallies. By now we all know that lawyers coach clients on image more than worry about the law. Most likely some of the donation money goes to

I knew about the girlfriend from the beginning. Did not realize that Mr. Martin was married. Must have missed that along the way. Does anyone know if Mr. Martin has  any children with the stepmom ?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #902 on: May 07, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »

I knew about the girlfriend from the beginning. Did not realize that Mr. Martin was married. Must have missed that along the way. Does anyone know if Mr. Martin has  any children with the stepmom ?

Me too, I thought he was divorced...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #903 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

Trayvon Martin family wraps up Birmingham visit

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)- The family of slain teen Trayvon Martin wrapped up their tour of Birmingham with a little sight-seeing.  After a fellowship breakfast at their hotel, the family visited the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.  They had planned a meet-and-greet with 16th Street pastor Reverend Arthur Price, but a baggage mix-up delayed and eventually cancelled the meeting.  The family spoke of the warm reception they've received all over the country, but particularly in Birmingham, the heart of the civil rights movement.  "It was important for us to visit Birmingham, [because] they did honor Trayvon as an honorary citizen of the city of Birmingham.  We felt a debt of gratitude," says his father Tracy Martin.

During their visit, the family raised awareness about conflict resolution, as well as funds for the newly formed Trayvon Martin Foundation.  The next stop for the family: London, because they feel this issue is not limited to the United States.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Trayvon-Martin-family-wraps-up-Birmingham-visit/-d9iWLz6GEWpHc5x0xxPJg.cspx?rss=1659
Wow!!  A world wide tour must be next. 

More insanity.....it seems as they didn't grieve long IMO before the trademarks and "roadshow"s began..Trayvon is NOW a product to promote hate, a political agenda and rhetoric.

I had to travel thru Alabama this weekend as I was coming back from the Eagles concert in Atlanat and was so grateful we didn't get caugh up in all that mob of "makealivingoffyourdeadchild" under the guise of Justice BS.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: May 07, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

Tracy martin was/is? married to Alicia for 15 years , separated before the shooting.
One article calls a women girlfriend/fiance that I think is woman number three.
Found this too, Alicia is not happy about being cut off;
"  Do you feel left out? (Alicia Martin separated from Trayvon’s father early this year, before the shooting.)
I feel left out on everything. I raised him 15 years, and for them to shut me out, it hurts, it hurts real bad. I don’t look at the news or follow it anymore, it’s just too painful."
http://www.tampabay.com/tb-two/blog/2012/4/25/trayvon-martins-stepmom-he-was-just-good-boy/

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: May 07, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

Tracy martin was/is? married to Alicia for 15 years , separated before the shooting.
One article calls a women girlfriend/fiance that I think is woman number three.
Found this too, Alicia is not happy about being cut off;
"  Do you feel left out? (Alicia Martin separated from Trayvon’s father early this year, before the shooting.)
I feel left out on everything. I raised him 15 years, and for them to shut me out, it hurts, it hurts real bad. I don’t look at the news or follow it anymore, it’s just too painful."
http://www.tampabay.com/tb-two/blog/2012/4/25/trayvon-martins-stepmom-he-was-just-good-boy/

I kind of thought that she might feel this way...even the girlfriend was on tv doing an interview..

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: May 07, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »

AG Eric Holder Invokes Trayvon Martin Case in Speech to Detroit NAACP

CNSNews.com) - Despite "significant" progress in civil rights, the nation is still struggling to "overcome injustice" and "eliminate disparities," Attorney General Eric Holder told the Detroit chapter of the NAACP on Sunday.

The attorney general also mentioned Trayvon Martin by name, as he decried the violence and crime involving young people.

"This (violence) is an issue that has -– rightly -– garnered significant national attention in recent months, as our nation has struggled to make sense of the tragic shooting death of a Florida teenager named Trayvon Martin," Holder said. "As this case moves through the legal system, Justice Department officials will continue to communicate closely with state and local authorities to ensure that community concerns are heard, tensions are alleviated, and – as with every investigation at every level – appropriate actions are guided by the facts and the law."

The Justice Department is now investigating whether any federal civil rights laws were violated in Martin's death at the hands of a neighborhood watch captain in Florida. The suspect, George Zimmerman, says he shot the 17-year-old black teenager in self-defense. The case has rallied civil rights activists, who blasted police for not immediately charging Zimmerman with a crime.

Holder on Sunday told the Detroit NAACP that "as we all know, the reality is that certain aspects of this case are far from unique. And incidents of violence involving young people are anything but rare."

Holder told the gathering that both he and President Obama are "direct beneficiaries" of the work done by the NAACP. But he also said the group's work is far from over: "[D]despite the significant, once-unimaginable advances that have marked the century since this group convened its first meetings...the unfortunate fact is that, in 2012, our nation’s long struggle to overcome injustice, to eliminate disparities, to bridge long-standing divisions, and to eradicate violence has not yet ended."  ::snipping2:: 

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ag-eric-holder-invokes-trayvon-martin-case-speech-detroit-naacp
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: May 07, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

Is this correct: As of now all the evidence backs up GZ and witness statements as to what happened?

and that is why LE did not charge him with anything initially?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: May 07, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »

Is this correct: As of now all the evidence backs up GZ and witness statements as to what happened?

and that is why LE did not charge him with anything initially?

At this point, from what info has been released to the public, I am not sure that the evidence backs up either GZ or Trayvon.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: May 07, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

George Zimmerman: Attorney wants witnesses protected

Neither George Zimmerman, his attorney or the special prosecutor will be in court Tuesday for a scheduled arraignment.

Zimmerman entered a not guilty plea to second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin weeks ago and waived his appearance for Tuesday.

Attorney Mark O’Mara told News 13 that he planned on filing motions to protect the names of witnesses in the case.

Once that is done, O’Mara said discovery or the state’s evidence will begin to flow.

It’s likely attorneys for several major media companies will file their own motion to have that information made public.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/7/no_zimmerman_no_surp.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: May 07, 2012, 11:58:10 PM »

International March on Mother's Day to Support Sybrina Fulton
 Global March to support Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton on Mother's Day. We stand with her and all mothers who lost a child to violence or bullying.

Event:  Mother's Day March
Date:   May 13 2013
Where:  Global

To stand in support of Trayvon Martin's mother Ms. Sybrina Fulton to show our support for her and for all mothers around the world who lost a child to violence or bullying.

Two American men both from different racial backgrounds and cultures. Why is one more deserving than the other? So it seems being a black man in America is a daily struggle. Trying to constantly prove that you are worthy of being able to live in a nice neighborhood, and drive a nice car. Eat and shop at fine restaurants and stores. Having to prove the good money you have earned is legit. Why was Trayvon considered to not be a resident at Twin Lakes? His dark  skin was enough proof for Zimmerman to believe Trayvon did not belong there.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.prlog.org/11863023-international-march-on-mothers-day-to-support-sybrina-fulton.html

I wonder if they know that mothers day in the UK was last month??
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #911 on: May 08, 2012, 12:22:21 AM »

International March on Mother's Day to Support Sybrina Fulton
 Global March to support Trayvon Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton on Mother's Day. We stand with her and all mothers who lost a child to violence or bullying.

Event:  Mother's Day March
Date:   May 13 2013
Where:  Global

To stand in support of Trayvon Martin's mother Ms. Sybrina Fulton to show our support for her and for all mothers around the world who lost a child to violence or bullying.
Y
Two American men both from different racial backgrounds and cultures. Why is one more deserving than the other? So it seems being a black man in America is a daily struggle. Trying to constantly prove that you are worthy of being able to live in a nice neighborhood, and drive a nice car. Eat and shop at fine restaurants and stores. Having to prove the good money you have earned is legit. Why was Trayvon considered to not be a resident at Twin Lakes? His dark  skin was enough proof for Zimmerman to believe Trayvon did not belong there.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.prlog.org/11863023-international-march-on-mothers-day-to-support-sybrina-fulton.html

I wonder if they know that mothers day in the UK was last month??

blah blah blah blah blah. I know the first think of when i see a black dr. At work is i wonder who allowed this black man/woman into the medical field. Arent they all too oppressed in this country to be successful? Seriously people, give it a rest already. Blacks,whites,asians, indians, etc. Etc.etc....... People are successful as they want to be. Might i mention that the black youth & other minorities  actually have more financial opportunities & assistance than whites do to even go to college. Sybrina fulton is not the 1st mother, black or white, to lose a child to violence. I really hate to burst the racism bubble here & remind them that most black youth are murdered by other black youth.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »

http://articles.boston.com/2012-05-04/ae/31575154_1_nbc-news-martin-reports-nbc-employees
Employees lose jobs due to Martin reports
David Bauder
May 4, 2012

Three employees of NBC or an NBC-owned television station have now lost their jobs because of editing changes to a call made to police by George Zimmerman on the night he shot Trayvon Martin.

Lilia Luciano, an NBC News correspondent based in Miami, is no longer working at the network, spokeswoman Amy Lynn said. Her departure came as a result of an investigation into her March 20 “Today’’ show report on the Martin case.

Each of the reports on either “Today’’ or NBC’s Miami station WTVJ involve editing of Zimmerman’s phone call to a dispatcher that emphasizes his identification of Martin as a black male. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford, Fla., is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Martin, a case that has increased racial tensions.
In the report involving Luciano, audio of the police phone call was edited to insert a reference to Martin’s race that had been made later in the conversation.

Last month, an NBC News producer was fired in connection with a March 27 “Today’’ show report where a tape of the call was edited to suggest that Zimmerman volunteered to police that “this guy looks like he’s up to no good. He’s black.’’

The broadcast portion of the audio had deleted a part of the conversation where the police dispatcher asked Zimmerman about whether a suspicious male he was reporting was “black, white or Hispanic.’’ Zimmerman answered, “he looks black.’’
 ::snipping2::
In an investigation about a separate incident, reporter Jeff Burnside of WTVJ lost his job because of a March 19 report on the dispatcher’s call that similarly edited out the dispatcher’s question that prompted Zimmerman’s characterization of Martin as black, said Matt Glassman, spokesman for the NBC-owned station.
Last week, WTVJ aired an apology to its viewers for the report on some of its newscasts, and posted it on the station’s website. The statement said that “an error in editorial judgment was made in which a question from the operator was deleted which could have created the impression that Mr. Zimmerman’s statement may have been singling out Trayvon Martin because of his race.

“We take this incident very seriously and apologize to our viewers,’’ WTVJ said. “After conducting an extensive investigation, we are putting a more stringent editorial process in place to ensure this does not happen again.’’

NBC News did not immediately respond to questions about whether the “Today’’ show has addressed the misleading reports on the air, or whether there are any plans to do so.

Brent Bozell, founder of the conservative media watchdog the Media Research Center, said NBC still has not come clean.

“The truth has been withheld from NBC’s own viewers now for more than one month,’’ he said. “Do the network executives at NBC think that this is acceptable?’’
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:14:27 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »

If the article is read  entirely, I find it to be very biased.JMHO.  Interesting comment, though.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/05/alleged-killer-of-trayvon-martin-to-be-arraigned/1?csp=34news
Zimmerman to be arraigned today in Trayvon Martin case
By Yamiche Alcindor, USA TODAY
May 8, 2012

George Zimmerman, who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, is scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. today in a Florida courtroom.

Neither Zimmerman, his lawyer Mark O'Mara, nor lawyers from the prosecution will attend the hearing in Sanford.

Zimmerman's attorney has already filed a written plea of not guilty to the charge of second-degree murder and waived Zimmerman's appearance.

A brief digital recording of the arraignment will be posted on the court's website, said court spokeswoman Michelle Kennedy. New court documents may also be available.

Comments:
Harry Ball · Top Commenter
They forgot to add the part where Trayvon pounds Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 2 minutes ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »

George Zimmerman to Be Arraigned Tuesday

George Zimmerman is scheduled to be formally arraigned in Sanford Tuesday afternoon on a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman, who remains free after posting $150,000 bond, won't attend the Tuesday hearing, according to his attorney, Mark O'Mara.

O'Mara filed a written plea of not guilty and waived Zimmerman's appearance at the arraignment.  ::snipping2:: 

http://m.nbcmiami.com/nbcmiami/pm_108209/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=uEPEy7V5
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »

If the article is read  entirely, I find it to be very biased, due to the phrasing, and sometimes it's not so much what is said, but what is left out.  JMHO.  Interesting comment, though.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/05/alleged-killer-of-trayvon-martin-to-be-arraigned/1?csp=34news
Zimmerman to be arraigned today in Trayvon Martin case
By Yamiche Alcindor, USA TODAY
May 8, 2012

George Zimmerman, who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, is scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. today in a Florida courtroom.

Neither Zimmerman, his lawyer Mark O'Mara, nor lawyers from the prosecution will attend the hearing in Sanford.

Zimmerman's attorney has already filed a written plea of not guilty to the charge of second-degree murder and waived Zimmerman's appearance.

A brief digital recording of the arraignment will be posted on the court's website, said court spokeswoman Michelle Kennedy. New court documents may also be available.

Comments:
Harry Ball · Top Commenter
They forgot to add the part where Trayvon pounds Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 2 minutes ago

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »

Arraignment for George Zimmerman today

Link for live-stream 1:30 ET

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Arraignment-for-George-Zimmerman-today/uKFH3fm47EyUYcZyu9ZVqQ.cspx

SANFORD, Fla. -- An arraignment hearing will be held for George Zimmerman, but the controversial neighborhood watch volunteer will not be there.

Mark O'Mara notified the judge in the case last week that his client would not be attending the hearing, but did send a written plea of not guilty to the second-degree murder charges against him.

Also adding to the contention in the case are funds raised by George Zimmerman and his family in the weeks following Trayvon Martin's murder.

O'Mara did not disclose more than $200,000 that his client had raised via social media at the time of Zimmerman's bail hearing. O'mara says that is because he was not aware of the funds at the time.   ::snipping2:: 
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: May 08, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »

"Trayvon Bill" to hit House floor

A new bill would re-write Louisiana criminal law in response to the February shooting in Florida of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The bill, HB1100, targets what's known as a "Stand Your Ground law." State lawmakers say as it reads right now, prosecutors would have a tough time pressing charges against the shooter if the Trayvon Martin case happened in Louisiana.

George Zimmerman faces a second degree murder charge for that shooting. A neighborhood watch activist, Zimmerman shot and killed Martin, Zimmerman says in self-defense, but according to some, "self-defense" isn't very clear in Louisiana.

"If the case were that Mr. Zimmerman actually pursued Trayvon Martin, then the judge and the jury should take that into consideration." Rep. Roy Burrell says, "to determine who was the actual aggressor."

A Representative from Shreveport, Burrell authors what's now dubbed the "Trayvon Bill."

If passed, it will re-write the "Stand Your Ground" law. SYG currently doesn't let a judge or jury consider pursuit to identify an aggressor; in this case, George Zimmerman pursued Trayvon Martin, even after contacting police.

"We have to know that guns kill," Rep. Terry Landry said. "We have to leave the policing to the authorities."  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.katc.com/news/trayvon-bill-to-hit-house-floor/

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: May 08, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/18187635/cash-from-fund-helps-zimmermans-living-expenses

Cash from fund helps Zimmerman's living expenses
Posted: May 08, 2012 12:00 PM CDT Updated: May 08, 2012 12:00 PM CDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Some of the money raised from George Zimmerman's legal defense fund is helping the former neighborhood watch leader pay for his living expenses and security while he awaits trial in hiding for the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said on his website that just under $50,000 of the more than $200,000 raised by Zimmerman's now-defunct website is being used for his security and setting up his living arrangements in hiding. Zimmerman has about $15,000 in cash.

The other $150,000 raised by the website has been turned over to independent administrator to manage.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: May 08, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏ @bobkealing
Judge accepts #Zimmerman not guilty plea sets hearing for August 8.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.