March 18, 2024, 08:12:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 389979 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/trayvon-martin-shooting-details-emerge-facebook-twitter-accounts-180103647.html
Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony
As Dan Linehan, a blogger at Wagist.com, pointed out, correspondence with Martin on Twitter before he died alludes to an incident with a bus driver. "Yu ain't tell me you swung on a bus driver," Martin's cousin wrote to him on Feb. 21.

The article alludes to this being another Duke case.  There is just something buggy about this whole situation.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-school-having-burglary-tool.html
Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for having a 'burglary tool' and women's jewellery in his backpack

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/235279/40/Trayvon-Martins-killer-fears-for-his-life
Trayvon Martin's killer fears for his life

"He is one of the most reviled people in America at this moment, but we don't know enough about the case," says Frank Farley, a Temple University psychologist who studies extreme behavior. "Maybe he's a horrendous racist and murderer. Maybe not. This case has given a whole new meaning to guilty until proven innocent."

A Sanford, Fla., police statement said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors. A police report says Zimmerman's back was wet as if he had been on the ground and he had a bloody nose. The report says Zimmerman said, "I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me."

Orlando attorney Jose Baez, who represented Casey Anthony, the young mother acquitted of killing her toddler in one of last year's most sensational trials, said it was appropriate for Zimmerman to avoid the spotlight.
     Ambulance chaser just can't stay out of it.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/unsolved-cases-in-national/trayvon-martin-case-anderson-cooper-new-black-panther-leader-clash

Trayvon Martin case: Anderson Cooper, New Black Panther leader clash

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/ap/crime/trayvon-martin-family-criticizes-info-leaks/nLdLz/
New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor
Meanwhile, Martin's parents are blaming police for leaking information about their son being suspended for marijuana and details about the fight he had with Zimmerman that portrayed the teen as the aggressor.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and family attorneys said Monday that it was part of an effort to demonize her son.

1.  Parents lied about why TM was suspended. 
2.  For the sake of justice, both sides of the fight should be told.
3.  From the media reports I've seen, Z is being demonized all over this country.

I agree entirely.  I would like to hear that 911 call again where you can hear someone yelling for help.  When I heard it the first time (on the news) I assumed that it was TM because of how the news portrayed it...now I would like to listen again and see if I can tell.  I hate to say this...but I think that it's the truth...this is a black and white thing...AND a right and wrong thing.  Throw bananas if you will...it's just my humble (maybe right maybe wrong opinion).

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/ap/crime/trayvon-martin-family-criticizes-info-leaks/nLdLz/
New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor
Meanwhile, Martin's parents are blaming police for leaking information about their son being suspended for marijuana and details about the fight he had with Zimmerman that portrayed the teen as the aggressor.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and family attorneys said Monday that it was part of an effort to demonize her son.

1.  Parents lied about why TM was suspended. 
2.  For the sake of justice, both sides of the fight should be told.
3.  From the media reports I've seen, Z is being demonized all over this country.

I agree entirely.  I would like to hear that 911 call again where you can hear someone yelling for help.  When I heard it the first time (on the news) I assumed that it was TM because of how the news portrayed it...now I would like to listen again and see if I can tell.  I hate to say this...but I think that it's the truth...this is a black and white thing...AND a right and wrong thing.  Throw bananas if you will...it's just my humble (maybe right maybe wrong opinion).

But, in my defense now.  I don't know the facts of this case.  To me at one point it sounded like Zimmerman was following him around when he should have backed off and let cops take care of it.  He should not have used deadly force, he should not have been chasing him with a gun.  If I were being followed by Zimmerman I would have fought him.  So, I'm not saying it is okay even if he were the one on the ground.  I am just saying that I think that this has become a black and white thing unfortunately, instead of JUST a right and wrong thing.  AND it's sad that the media has played the race thing...they have also automatically portrayed the shooter one way and the victim another...for example the pictures that were displayed.  Now, we find out the parents lied about why he was suspended.  We find out that he was carrying burglary tools at one point and so on...this doesn't mean he deserved to be shot by a neighborhood watch guy...it should have been left for the police.  I don't know if I am getting my point across.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

Your point is probably like mine...there are still questions to be answered. 

And the parents of the deceased are not the people to answer them.  They did not tell the whole truth about their son.  They supplied photos that are years old and cast him as a little innocent boy.  They've now come out and accused LE of demonizing their son. 

Let LE investigate and determine whether charges should be brought based on the evidence in the case.  But wait, isn't that what happened at the time of the incident?  Ok, let the state LE investigate WITHOUT undue pressure from media looking to cash in on a story and 'activists' looking for 15 minutes in front of a camera. 

Justice can't be served if the whole truth isn't thoroughly investigated.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »

Your point is probably like mine...there are still questions to be answered. 

And the parents of the deceased are not the people to answer them.  They did not tell the whole truth about their son.  They supplied photos that are years old and cast him as a little innocent boy.  They've now come out and accused LE of demonizing their son. 

Let LE investigate and determine whether charges should be brought based on the evidence in the case.  But wait, isn't that what happened at the time of the incident?  Ok, let the state LE investigate WITHOUT undue pressure from media looking to cash in on a story and 'activists' looking for 15 minutes in front of a camera. 

Justice can't be served if the whole truth isn't thoroughly investigated.

Yes, very well said! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »

Agree...lots of unanswered questions..racism goes both ways. As witnessed on Anderson's show last night. Shocking how much hatred for whites that Black Panther guy has..very disturbing. and to proudly speak of it on national tv...where does all this hate come from? Mom has already copywrited (?) Trayvon's name because there is money to be made on it? At least that is what I thought that I heard on one of the talk shows...not sure how I feel about all of this except that a young man is dead and he should not be! Zimmerman should have let the police do thir job, they were on the way after all. 
I just think that some of the self appointed 'leaders' should not be so fast to jump on the 'race' wagon...and enciting further division among our people.
Peace out ...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/03/27/witness-reportedly-saw-trayvon-martin-beating-george-zimmerman-shooting

Witness reportedly saw Trayvon Martin beating George Zimmerman before shooting
Published March 26, 2012 | Hannity | Sean Hannity
Special Guests: Shannon Butler, FOX 35 Orlando & Joe Oliver, friend of shooter

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity," March 26, 2012. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.
 ::snipping2::
HANNITY: And the man who does not want his identity revealed says that when he came upon the fight, Zimmerman was on the bottom and he was the one yelling for help.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MAN: The guy on the bottom who I believe had a red sweater on was yelling to me help, help, and I told him to stop and I was calling 911. I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: But other people have said that they thought it was Trayvon yelling for help. In the end, the case may come down to the interpretation of Florida's stand your ground self defense law which many, including the law's authors, have said does not apply because Zimmerman had been following Trayvon prior to the fight and Trayvon had been running away.

Now, listen carefully to part of Zimmerman's call to police as he followed Trayvon in his truck. When Trayvon starts to run away, you can hear Zimmerman get out of the truck to follow him. You can listen for the door opening, the car beeping to indicate the door had opened, and shutting as Zimmerman follows on foot.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OPERATOR: Sanford Police Department.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, TRAYVON MARTIN'S SHOOTER: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drug or something. He's got something in his hands. I don't know what his deal is. (EXPLETIVE) He's running.

OPERATOR: He's running. Which way is he running?

ZIMMERMAN: Down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood. (EXPLETIVE)

OPERATOR: Are you following him?

ZIMMERMAN: Yeah.

OPERATOR: OK. We don't need you to do that.

ZIMMERMAN: OK.

OPERATOR: All right. Sir, what is your name?

ZIMMERMAN: George. He ran.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »

Video at link

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/florida-teen-shooting-bounty/index.html

Separatist black group stands by bounty offer for man who killed Florida teen
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 27, 2012 -- Updated 0226 GMT

(CNN) -- The separatist New Black Panther Party, described as a hate group by a civil rights organization, is standing by its $10,000 bounty offer for the capture of the man who shot Trayvon Martin, despite vehement opposition from, among others, Martin's family.

"We're here to make them do their job," organizer Mikhail Muhammad said on Monday. "We will support Trayvon's family, but we are military."
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706141/trayvon-martins-shooter-had-a.html

Georgie is no Angel.

2005-DR-012980-O  ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M 08/09/2005
Div 44

44, TBA Domestic Violence
Closed - SRS 

2005-DR-013069-O  ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A 08/10/2005
Div 46

White, Keith F Domestic Violence
Closed - SRS 

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

Finally, I found out what Georgie did for a living. I just need to find out what is a "loan review analyst"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120326072144AAEWZ8N

Zimmerman's most recent employer, a Maitland, Florida company called Digital Risk, issued a statement saying the company "echoes the sadness and heartache expressed by so many, this is an absolute tragedy," but saying that the firm's policy is not to comment on the status of its employees or their employment history.

However, the company confirmed that since the shooting, Zimmerman had not been at the company and would not be. Zimmerman was a "loan review analyst" for the mortgage risk assessment firm, according to the Tampa Times."

And,

"Zimmerman was attending Seminole State College, but since the incident, the school has asked him to leave, for the safety of other students, given the death threats against him."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120326072144AAEWZ8N

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-dogged-disciplinary-problems-school/story?id=16011674

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge
By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC)
SANFORD, Fla. March 27, 2012

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, multiple sources told ABC News.

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, despite his request for medical attention first. Ultimately they had to accept Zimmerman's claim of self defense. He was never charged with a crime.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The State Attorney's office said only "no comment" when asked about the affidavit today.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

Trayvon Benjamin Martin  6'3" and weighed 140 pounds at the time of his death.

George Michael Zimmerman  was 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) tall and weighed approximately 250 lb.[

Georgie weighed approximately 100 pounds more than Trayvon.

I would like to see a reenactment in Court, of how these guys rustled on the lawn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:36 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-dogged-disciplinary-problems-school/story?id=16011674

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge
By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC)
SANFORD, Fla. March 27, 2012

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, multiple sources told ABC News.

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, despite his request for medical attention first. Ultimately they had to accept Zimmerman's claim of self defense. He was never charged with a crime.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The State Attorney's office said only "no comment" when asked about the affidavit today.

Thank-you Grace-land,

I saw the article but did not find the document
Where is the affidavit?  Does Florida's, Sunshine Law, apply to the document? 
Thank-you 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63328&page=39

Hat Tip to Athena! 

Originally Posted by Athena 

If you all have not looked at this site - you may want to. This is the person who made the map and I did link to this in the links thread with the map but he took photos of the actual area. Interesting how he describes the path that GZ had to take to where TM's body was found.

http://marinadedave.com/

Thanks also to Marinade Dave ::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/032712-trayvon-martins-parents-in-washington-for-racial-profiling-briefing

Police investigated Trayvon Martin over jewelry
Updated: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 1:22 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - A Florida police department says women's jewelry found in Trayvon Martin's school backpack last year didn't match any that had been reported stolen.

The Miami Herald obtained a Miami-Dade Schools Police Department report that showed the slain teenager was suspended in October for writing obscene graffiti on a door at his high school.
The report says that during a search of his backpack, security officers found jewelry and a screwdriver that they felt could be a burglary tool. Martin told them a friend had given him the jewelry, but wouldn't say who.

Miami-Dade Police confirmed Tuesday that the jewelry didn't match any that had been reported stolen.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/032712-trayvon-martins-parents-in-washington-for-racial-profiling-briefing#ixzz1qNEdZhe1
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/25/joe-oliver-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1378390.html

He couldn't stop crying. He's a caring human being," Joe Oliver, 53, a former television news reporter and anchor in Orlando who has known Zimmerman for several years, told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"I mean, he took a man's life and he has no idea what to do about it. He's extremely remorseful about it," Oliver said, relating stories told to him by Zimmerman's mother-in-law, a close friend of Oliver's wife.

Wow! Joe is a former anchor?  You cannot get him off TV, he obviously, misses being the center of attention 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »

http://www.levipageshow.blogspot.com/

Pat Brown is a guest, rewind and listen, nothing jaw dropping, yet.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.