April 15, 2024, 09:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 391831 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »

Jumping in here:

Thanks for bringing in many of the articles, everyone.

I want to express my sorrow to both families. To the Martin's for the premature demise of their son.  To the Zimmeran's for having the media try and convict their son without benefit of a full disclosure, investigation and court trial.

I'm like most of you, baffled by the inconsistencies and lack of truthfulness displayed by MSM, by the celebrities and political leaders who have spread misinformation and played race cards, and by what appears to be a wrongful character portrayal of both Martin and Zimmerman.

I don't understand why MSM and certain persons have stirred the pot to escalate this into a racial hate issue and inciting vigilante street justice into action.

I have many unanswered questions - perhaps I missed the answers along the way.

~What time of night on Sunday was it? 
~How long had Treyvon been gone before he was shot?
~Why did Treyvon's family not report him missing when he didn't return home from running to the convenience store to purchase candy for his brother? IOW, why did TM's body lie in the morgue, unclaimed for 3 days?
~Why did Treyvon's girlfriend allegedly wait so long to speak up about being on the phone with TM during his last moments of life?
~Why aren't the civil liberty leaders concerned about Zimmerman's liberties being corrupted by the MSM?  (he's been tried and convicted in the eyes of the world without the benefit of investigation, arrest, or trial, imo)

One other comment - the police video showing a non bloody GZ - he was treated by paramedics, who clean up blood in order to make sure there will be no more bleeding and to check for more serious injuries

Great questions.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys--Just passing by but wanted to give you this URL for a video which shows Zimmerman after the incident.  It appears to me that there is no blood on the back of his head as there would be if he had his head smashed repeatedly on the sidewalk, no blood on the front of his shirt which he would have were he punched in the nose.  In fact, no visible signs that he was assaulted at all IMO.  Make your own judgement about it, though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/trayvon-martin-police-video_n_1386764.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D147524

Thanks Babybear.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »

Just saw this and posting it FWIW. 

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/03/jose-baez-predicts-no-conviction-in-trayvon-martin-case.html/comment-page-1
Jose Baez predicts no conviction in Trayvon Martin case
March 29, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

Jumping in here:

Thanks for bringing in many of the articles, everyone.

I want to express my sorrow to both families. To the Martin's for the premature demise of their son.  To the Zimmeran's for having the media try and convict their son without benefit of a full disclosure, investigation and court trial.

I'm like most of you, baffled by the inconsistencies and lack of truthfulness displayed by MSM, by the celebrities and political leaders who have spread misinformation and played race cards, and by what appears to be a wrongful character portrayal of both Martin and Zimmerman.

I don't understand why MSM and certain persons have stirred the pot to escalate this into a racial hate issue and inciting vigilante street justice into action.

I have many unanswered questions - perhaps I missed the answers along the way.

~What time of night on Sunday was it? 
~How long had Treyvon been gone before he was shot?
~Why did Treyvon's family not report him missing when he didn't return home from running to the convenience store to purchase candy for his brother? IOW, why did TM's body lie in the morgue, unclaimed for 3 days?
~Why did Treyvon's girlfriend allegedly wait so long to speak up about being on the phone with TM during his last moments of life?
~Why aren't the civil liberty leaders concerned about Zimmerman's liberties being corrupted by the MSM?  (he's been tried and convicted in the eyes of the world without the benefit of investigation, arrest, or trial, imo)

One other comment - the police video showing a non bloody GZ - he was treated by paramedics, who clean up blood in order to make sure there will be no more bleeding and to check for more serious injuries

Great questions.

No blood on his T-shirt from a bloody nose.  I don't think EMT would wash his clothing.  Also, if he had a cut which looked as if it needed stitches on the back of his head, I think there would be some kind of bandage.  Cuts in one's scalp bleed profusely.  I don't see any blood on the back of his jacket, although that's rather hard to tell.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 03:52:53 PM »

George Zimmerman’s father is Robert Zimmerman. Robert Zimmerman gave a statement to the ‘Orlando Sentinel’ defending his son’s role in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

We then contacted the Virginia Supreme Court to confirm Robert Zimmerman’s employment.

Kristi Wright with the Department of Legislative and Public Relations wrote us this email in response:

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website .”

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »

Following the line going dead ... did the "girlfriend" immediately contact 911 and/or either of Trayvon's parents in regards to her concerns encompassing her boyfriend's saftey?

When did the girlfriend alleged version of a troubling conversation she had with Trayvon emerge or ... was it a fabrication to further a demonization of George Zimmerman.

Janet

++++

Trayvon Martin's Last Phone Call Triggers Demand for Arrest 'Right Now'
SANFORD, Fla., March 20, 2012

<snipped>

ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life. Martin had been talking to his girlfriend all the way to the store where he bought Skittles and a tea. The phone was in his pocket and the earphone in his ear, Crump said.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

The line went dead.
Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

Trayvon's phone logs, also obtained exclusively by ABC News, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on the scene. Crump said the girl's identity was being withheld because "her parents are gravely concerned about her health and her safety." Her parents asked that only an attorney be allowed to ask her questions.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »

Phone records don't lie.  It appears that Trayvon Martin was talking to his girlfriend just prior to the confrontation with George Zimmerman but ... what was that conversation about.  According to the following words of Zimmerman's father ... the girlfriend did not come forward for three weeks with her version ... her version that implies Trayvon was at risk by an unknown mail following him.  The timeframe prior to coming forward indicates she was not concerned in regards to her boyfriends well-being.

Janet

+++++

George Zimmerman's Father Speaks: "I Don't Believe That Happened" (VIDEO)
Posted 11 hours 23 min ago

Robert Zimmerman, 64, came to the aide of his son George Zimmerman in order to refute the stories floating around about his son. Zimmerman dismissed Trayvon Martin’s girlfriend and her claims that she spoke to Trayvon the moment before he died.

<snipped>

As for accounts from Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, who claimed she was on the phone with Martin right before the altercation, he said:

"I don't believe that happened. I don't believe she was on the phone with him, and I find it very strange with the publicity involved... that all of a sudden, after three weeks, someone would remember that they were on the phone."

Zimmerman said he had faith in the FBI and others investigating the case and that the truth will come out.

Robert Zimmerman, a former magistrate judge and Vietnam War veteran, said he has never had to deal with anything of this magnitude.

Phone records have shown that Trayvon was talking to his girlfriend up to the minute before his confrontation with Zimmerman,

<snipped>

http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-father-speaks-trayvon-martin-case-video

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »

Police video at link
Two-page article

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-video-20120328,0,6403058.story?page=1

Trayvon Martin: What does new George Zimmerman video mean?
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
4:18 p.m. CDT, March 29, 2012

A newly released six-minute video of George Zimmerman at Sanford police headquarters has reignited online debate about whether he was defending himself when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
 ::snipping2::
But legal experts warn the tape is only one part of the story.

"I've heard the term 'game changer,'" said Orlando attorney Bill Sheaffer, a legal analyst for WFTV-Channel 9. "I think that's overstating the importance of this video."
What the video doesn't show, Sheaffer says, is what happened between the shooting and Zimmerman's arrival at the Sanford Police Department on the night of Feb. 26.

Without other evidence in the case and testimony from first responders, including the paramedics who treated Zimmerman, Sheaffer says the video is a piece of an incomplete puzzle.

"The problem that we're having is we're only getting snippets of what the evidence is in this case," Sheaffer said Thursday. "Obviously, the video doesn't tell the whole story."
Local attorney and WESH-Channel 2 analyst Richard Hornsby downplayed the video's impact, and pointed out that one of the officers with Zimmerman in the video "kept looking at the back of his head."

Though difficult to see in the video, some form of injury was "at least obvious to that person," Hornsby said, adding that the video "is absolutely not a game-changer by any means."

Hornsby also pointed out that Florida law wouldn't require Zimmerman to suffer serious injuries before using deadly force. A reasonable belief he was preventing such injuries would be justification.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2012, 02:14:41 AM »

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/national/couple-reaches-settlement-with-spike-lee1333079555537

Couple reaches settlement with Spike Lee
Posted: 8:28 PM
Last Updated: 2 hours and 7 minutes ago

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) -- An elderly couple has reached a settlement with Spike Lee after the pair said they had to leave their Florida home after the director help spread a Twitter posting listing their address as that of the man who shot an unarmed teen.

The couple's attorney, Matt Morgan, announced the settlement Thursday. Morgan says Lee called them to apologize for retweeting their address. Specifics of the settlement weren't disclosed.

Read more: http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/national/couple-reaches-settlement-with-spike-lee1333079555537#ixzz1qZsMuV8I
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »

Two videos at link--expanded surveillance video at police station and excerpts of interview with Zimmerman's brother by CNN

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/george-zimmermans-brother-speaks-out-on-trayvon-martin-shooting/

March 30, 2012, 1:18 am
George Zimmerman’s Brother Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Shooting
By MATT FLEGENHEIMER

In an interview Thursday night on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” George Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr., addressed the accusations against his brother of racial bias and unwarranted violence in the killing of Trayvon Martin, 17, last month, calling his brother “the neighbor that everybody would want to have.”

The interview, excerpts of which were posted online by CNN, came as officials released expanded surveillance video Thursday from the night of the shooting, offering a different angle on Mr. Zimmerman’s exit from a police car and the moments that followed, as well as additional shots of Mr. Zimmerman being led through the police station in Sanford, Fla.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »

George Zimmerman was fired as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” an ex-co-worker says.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com

::justice2NJ::
A hat tip to Kalypso

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63441&page=11

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

Posted on March 30, 2012 by Valhall 

Trayvon Martin case: A lesson in when to keep your mouth shut

Are you serious?  Is this from a Charles Bronson Death Wish movie?  Can we go ahead and throw in the next scene played by Clint Eastwood where mild-mannered community hawk George says, “make my day punk” or do we have him reply “look, I’m not wantin’ no trouble here”.  Give me a break.

Brother Robert chimes in and now completely flips George over.  Trayvon was beating George’s FACE against the concrete.  Of course both Daddy Zimmerman and Brother Robert are completely disregarding the part where all the witnesses place the scuffle in the grass, but that’s okay.  Robert now describes George as so brutally injured that George was a veritable vegetable.  It was a wonder he wasn’t sipping tapioca pudding through a straw.  Robert tops off George’s story by proxy by stating George had every right to find Trayvon suspicious because it was raining outside and apparently nobody in Florida but criminals go outside when it rains…which means George would, in fact, be out in the rain bein’s he has committed criminal acts in the past.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/03/30/trayvon-martin-case-a-lesson-in-when-to-keep-your-mouth-shut/#more-9785

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »

IMO, this is what this whole situation is all about.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9173820/Parents-of-murdered-British-students-criticise-Barack-Obama.html
Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/30/afl-cio-exec-conservative-right-wing-policies-to-blame-for-trayvon-martins-death-video/
AFL-CIO Exec 'Conservative Right-Wing Policies to Blame for Trayvon Martin's Death'

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/dnc-committeewoman-promotes-hoodie-rally-voter-registration-on-scene/
DNC member promotes ‘Hoodie Rally,’ voter registration on scene

Politics.  It makes me want to throw-up.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

From what I have read and heard, I do not believe that trayvon was the aggressor or that he said to Zimmerman upon seeing the gun, you are going to die tonight or what ever was supposedly said at that moment. Trayvon was probably scared that he was being followed in the first place and then when he was confronted with a person with a gun, he may have tried to fight back at that point. Zimmerman should have left things in the hands of the police and left this kid alone! Jmo....I think that Zimmerman's brother was unbelievable. Jmo again...maybe Trayvon did fight Zimmerman but he was probably trying to save his own life. I do believe that it was Trayvon yelling for help that night...wonder how things would have turned out if just 1 person who heard the commotion would have shouted out their window, 'Hey, what is going on out there?  Would it have stopped anything that happened?  Scary maybe, but .....hard to say what any of us would do in a situation like that.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »

Why didn't zimmerman announce who he was and that police were called, on there way???
You would think this would of stopped the killing...JMO

Plus zimmerman should of followed what was told to him, DON'T follow & stay in your vehicle.

JMO, this is zimmermans fault.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

Yep..from what we are hearing.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/30/justice/florida-teen-shooting-timeline/

A timeline of events in the Trayvon Martin caseBy the CNN Wire Staff
March 30, 2012 -- Updated 1733

(CNN) -- Here's a look at the timeline of events in the shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, and the ensuing uproar.

Sunday, February 26

About 7 p.m.: George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old neighborhood watch captain, calls 911 to report "a suspicious person" in the gated community called the Retreat at Twin Lakes. He is instructed not to get out of his SUV or approach the person. Zimmerman follows anyway, and moments later, neighbors report hearing gunfire.

About 7:10 p.m.: Phone records show Trayvon Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend around the time he spotted George Zimmerman. At a March 20 news conference, Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump says the girl hears someone ask Martin what he was doing and Martin asking why the person was following him. The girl gets the impression that there is an altercation in which the earpiece falls out of Martin's ear, and the connection goes dead, according to Crump.

About 7:25 p.m.: Martin is shot and killed while returning from a convenience store to his father's fiancée's home. The weather is rainy. Martin is unarmed and carrying a small amount of cash, some candy and an iced tea.

About 7:30 p.m.: Zimmerman tells police he shot Martin in self-defense. In a police report, Officer Timothy Smith writes that Zimmerman is bleeding from the nose and back of the head.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »

Video at link

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/30/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1

Brother: Medical records will prove George Zimmerman's storyBy the CNN Wire Staff
March 30, 2012 -- Updated 0944

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. spoke to CNN's Piers Morgan Thursday night saying he wanted to correct some of the "mythology" and untruths that have been spread about the controversial shooting.

"We're confident the medical records are going to explain all of George's medical history," Zimmerman Jr. said. "His nose looks swollen in that video. I'm his brother."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/30/10940735-roseanne-barr-tweets-george-zimmermans-parents-correct-address

Roseanne Barr tweets George Zimmerman's parents correct address
4 hours ago
By Courtney Garcia, TODAY.com contributor

Apparently Roseanne Barr didn't learn anything from the Twitter misadventures of Spike Lee.

Lee apologized on Wednesday evening and offered to compensate an elderly Florida couple who had to flee their home after he tweeted their address on March 23, claiming it was that of the parents of George Zimmerman, the man who killed teenager Trayvon Martin.

But according to the Smoking Gun, on Wednesday, Barr tweeted the correct address for Zimmerman's parents, then deleted the tweet, then threatened to tweet it again.

“If Zimmerman isn't arrested I'll rt his address again. maybe go 2 his house myself," Barr tweeted.

Criticism came quickly from the comedian's more than 100,000 followers.

Tweeted rob b, “Apparently Roseanne Barr is even dumber than Spike Lee, tweeting the correct home address of George [Zimmerman’s] parents.”

In response, Barr wrote on Twitter Friday, “The 'witchburnings' will continue despite apology…Decent [people] move on, indecent ones like to keep slinging mud [because] they r morally damaged.”

According to the Smoking Gun, the information Barr circulated was correct, however she later admitted, “I don't know if the address is accurate or not.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »

Video at link

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/03/30/trayvon-martin-family-attorney-george-zimmerman-vigilante

Trayvon Martin family attorney: George Zimmerman is a vigilante
Published March 29, 2012 | Hannity | Sean Hannity

Special Guests: Daryl Parks, attorney
This is a rush transcript from "Hannity," March 29, 2012. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/03/30/trayvon-martin-family-attorney-george-zimmerman-vigilante#ixzz1qdKxYo98
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.