March 28, 2024, 08:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390588 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/31/tough-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case/

Tough Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin Case
Published March 31, 2012
Fox News Latino

::snipping2::
Defense attorneys who have gone up against Corey in court say she is up for the job.

"She is a tough-minded prosecutor who is prepared, thorough and a very good advocate for the prosecution in the court," said Ann Finnell, a Jacksonville defense attorney who has faced off against Corey during a trial. Finnell also was on the legal team for Casey Anthony, the Orlando mother acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

As a courtroom prosecutor, Corey was an aggressive advocate. When she ran for the State Attorney's Office in 2008, she made prosecuting juvenile criminals a top priority and celebrated her close ties to law enforcement agencies — so much so that in its endorsement of Corey's opponent, The Florida Times-Union newspaper in Jacksonville wrote: "Is Corey's relationship with the sheriff and the unions too close? Yes."

As the Jacksonville-based State Attorney for three northeast Florida counties, she has been known for filing more charges, bringing more cases to trial and being less likely to use a grand jury than her predecessor. Florida prosecutors are required to use grand juries only in first-degree murder degrees. But many prosecutors send high-profile or controversial cases to grand juries to avoid the political fallout of an unpopular decision.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/31/tough-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case/#ixzz1qlOLL97F
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2012, 01:36:48 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-911-20120331,0,250481.story

Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say
Trayvon Martin's family says unarmed teen begged for his life. Experts say it's not George Zimmerman's voice.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
4:38 p.m. CDT, March 31, 2012

As the Trayvon Martin controversy splinters into a debate about self-defense, a central question remains: Who was heard crying for help on a 911 call in the moments before the teen was shot?

A leading expert in the field of forensic voice identification sought to answer that question by analyzing the recordings for the Orlando Sentinel.

His result: It was not George Zimmerman who called for help.

Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel, utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-911-20120331,0,250481.story

Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say
Trayvon Martin's family says unarmed teen begged for his life. Experts say it's not George Zimmerman's voice.

Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel, utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

I think the MSM has skewed this story enough.  It is now an international story of racial bias.

I think the media needs to stop playing investigator and leave that job to the LE.  We just found out that NBC manipulated the 911 tapes. Now this.

This is just so sad that MSM, civil liberty leaders, celebrities, gangs, and politicians are forgetting our Constitution and BOR that provides that we are "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law!

Challapalca him!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/31/2725442/what-is-known-what-isnt-about.html

What is known, what isn’t about Trayvon Martin’s death

What happened the night of Trayvon Martin’s death has become a blend of truth and unattributed rumor accepted as fact. A look at events, minute by minute.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/31/2725442/what-is-known-what-isnt-about.html#storylink=cpy

By Frances Robles
frobles@MiamiHerald.com

SANFORD -- Sunday evening, Feb. 26: It was raining in Central Florida while the NBA All Stars game and the Oscars were about to begin on TV.

A 17-year-old high school junior from Miami Gardens serving a 10-day suspension went to 7-Eleven to get candy. It was the third time Trayvon Martin was disciplined at school, so this time his parents sent him up to a quiet, racially mixed gated community in Sanford with his dad to get his priorities straight. He was black and wore a hoodie.

George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer who routinely called police to report anything awry, had just made dinner and told his family he was headed to Target. He was Hispanic and wore a holstered Kel Tek 9mm semiautomatic handgun.

The brief encounter between the two at the Retreat at Twin Lakes community would leave one dead and the other in hiding, give rise to a social movement and, at least temporarily, cost the local police chief his job. In the next 30 days, the name “Trayvon” would be tweeted more than two million times.

In a fast-paced world of 24-hour cable news and nonstop social media, what happened that night has become both common knowledge and a blur of unattributed rumor accepted as fact. A controversial police report incited conspiracy theories and failed to definitively resolve what everyone wants to know: Who picked the fight? Armchair crime scene investigators around the nation insist on access to the evidence, and millions more demand an arrest in a case now being looked at by at least three different agencies, including the FBI.

The protagonists in the saga gripping the nation are Zimmerman, a man with a history of going after suspects in hot pursuit, and Trayvon, a chronically tardy teenager who liked aviation, was making plans for college and got suspended for having an empty baggie containing marijuana residue. Their story begins when Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and pursued Trayvon on foot.

But in the tale pieced together from 911 calls, witnesses, police, Zimmerman’s family and the girl who was on the phone with Trayvon in the last minutes of his life, a key one-minute gap remains a mystery that may never be solved: Who approached whom? Who threw the first blow?

And the key question a special prosecutor in Jacksonville is now tasked to investigate: Did Zimmerman justifiably take Trayvon’s life to save his own?

The encounter

Trayvon, a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop High, was a lot like most teenagers: He spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone. On that Sunday, he talked for nearly five hours.

Earphones in his ears, Arizona iced tea in hand and a cellphone, Skittles and $22 in his pockets, he chatted the whole way back from the store. It started raining harder as he walked, so he pulled up his hood and sought shelter at one of the buildings in the townhouse complex, the girlfriend he was chatting with on the phone told attorneys.

At 7:11 p.m., Zimmerman, who was in his truck, spotted Trayvon. There had been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood attributed to young black men, and Zimmerman was wary of someone he did not recognize walking along the path that goes through the back of the townhouses, his father later told a local TV station.

Zimmerman called police. Records show it was the fifth time in a year that he had alerted authorities to the presence of a black male he found suspicious. This one, he said, looked high and had something in one hand while he kept the other in his waist as he peered at houses.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/31/tough-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case/

Tough Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin Case
Published March 31, 2012
Fox News Latino

Defense attorneys who have gone up against Corey in court say she is up for the job.

"She is a tough-minded prosecutor who is prepared, thorough and a very good advocate for the prosecution in the court," said Ann Finnell, a Jacksonville defense attorney who has faced off against Corey during a trial. Finnell also was on the legal team for Casey Anthony, the Orlando mother acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

As a courtroom prosecutor, Corey was an aggressive advocate. When she ran for the State Attorney's Office in 2008, she made prosecuting juvenile criminals a top priority and celebrated her close ties to law enforcement agencies — so much so that in its endorsement of Corey's opponent, The Florida Times-Union newspaper in Jacksonville wrote: "Is Corey's relationship with the sheriff and the unions too close? Yes."

As the Jacksonville-based State Attorney for three northeast Florida counties, she has been known for filing more charges, bringing more cases to trial and being less likely to use a grand jury than her predecessor. Florida prosecutors are required to use grand juries only in first-degree murder degrees. But many prosecutors send high-profile or controversial cases to grand juries to avoid the political fallout of an unpopular decision.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/31/tough-prosecutor-in-trayvon-martin-case/#ixzz1qlOLL97F
Sounds like a good person for justice.  Now if the 'public' will just let her do her job.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

I think the MSM has skewed this story enough.  It is now an international story of racial bias.

I think the media needs to stop playing investigator and leave that job to the LE.  We just found out that NBC manipulated the 911 tapes. Now this.

This is just so sad that MSM, civil liberty leaders, celebrities, gangs, and politicians are forgetting our Constitution and BOR that provides that we are "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law!

Yes, I agree.  I have to stop reading this thread and watching the news on this.  I go back and forth with it.  I'm leaving it in the hands of those more capable.  I pray that the truth will be found.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »

From what I have read and heard, I do not believe that trayvon was the aggressor or that he said to Zimmerman upon seeing the gun, you are going to die tonight or what ever was supposedly said at that moment. Trayvon was probably scared that he was being followed in the first place and then when he was confronted with a person with a gun, he may have tried to fight back at that point. Zimmerman should have left things in the hands of the police and left this kid alone! Jmo....I think that Zimmerman's brother was unbelievable. Jmo again...maybe Trayvon did fight Zimmerman but he was probably trying to save his own life. I do believe that it was Trayvon yelling for help that night...wonder how things would have turned out if just 1 person who heard the commotion would have shouted out their window, 'Hey, what is going on out there?  Would it have stopped anything that happened?  Scary maybe, but .....hard to say what any of us would do in a situation like that.

\Hi Cookie--

According to a poster at Websleuths, MSNBC said that the Zimmerman's lawyer said that his brother had not spoken to George Zimmerman for two years and just wanted to be on TV.  I believe it was Trayvon yelling for help and I also believe Zimmerman intended to shoot him from the moment he got out of his truck.  If anyone was entitled to "Stand your ground," it was Trayvon.  Zimmerman instigated the entire encounter and was the agressor.  I don think you can be the agressor and then claim self-defense.
Also Zimmerman has no apparent injury one can see in the tape and looks neat, clothes unruffled, but most importantly, if Trayvon punched him in the nose, there would have been copious amounts of blood on Zimmerman's clothing.  There is none.  If one's nose is bleeding, the natural inclination is to lean forward to prevent the blood going down your throat.   Had the blood gone down his nasal passages to his throat, he would have choked.  That's grasping for straws.  EMTs could have stopped the bleeding by packing his nose, but they would not have laundered his shirt for him. That, too, is grasping for straws.
As to Trayvon's parents seeking the help of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, they were getting nowhere with the Sanford police, just a run around.  Who else could they have turned to?  I do not admire either of these men, but I do not blame Trayvon's parents for seeking their help.  Further, if they had not done so, there would have been no action taken, no grand jury, no special prosecutor, no Justice Department, no FBI.
Trayvon would have ended up just one of many young black males murdered under mysterious circumstances and his parents would just have to live with it.  Thank God, those days are over.
Of course Zimmerman and his family are going to say "self defense."  What else would they say?  Certainly not, "yeah, I murdered him, so what?"  In fact, that's just about what was said by George Zimmerman in the beginning and the police said, "OK, you are free to leave."
I also don't believe that Trayvon said, after having been shot, "You got me."  Sounds like a grade B Western.  But, of course, that came from his brother, who, if we can believe MSNBC, knows nothing about what happened because he hasn't talked to his brother. Anyhow, he likely was killed instantly and was unable to say anything.

Now, before anyone again wants to comment on my "Unhappy life" and my "Bitterness," may I say that I didn't think that kind of disrespectful post to another poster was allowed here and am disappointed that it was.  I am extremely happy right now because of circumstances in my life and not the least bit bitter.  Have nothing to be bitter about.

Excellent, very thoughtful post, Babybear! I agree with you 100%.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »

I'm lost. Would someone please tell me where any member of this forum said that another member of the forum had an "unhappy life".  I would really like to see the post.  I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »

I'm wondering why the Martin Family needs money? They have raised almost $20,000 already for their foundation.

Their lawyer is also a wrongful death lawyer, So do they need this money in order to make a wrongful death case?

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »

I'm wondering why the Martin Family needs money? They have raised almost $20,000 already for their foundation.

Their lawyer is also a wrongful death lawyer, So do they need this money in order to make a wrongful death case?

That's a fair question and one I almost always ask myself when a child is murdered or missing and the parents set up foundations in their name.

There are times when it is warranted as in the case of the 15 year old girl who was held in the basement of her home by abusive parents.  The parents are being held and she is in foster care... absolutely donations could help the girl rebuild her life but the Billie Dunn's and Casey Anthony's? 

It's sad we have to be cynical but it's the reality of the world we live in.  Frankly, I'd rather mow an elderly neighbors lawn, volunteer at the animal shelter, or pay the utilities of a down and out family member than donate cash to an organized foundation whose expenditures and cash flow are not made public.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »

Ugghhhh, Nancy Grace........

Challapalca him!
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/022712-man-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1qpX1S895

" He was sitting on the porch and this man killed him."

their story does not make sense.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:06 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/04/02/us/the-events-leading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html

Published: April 1, 2012
The Events Leading to the Shooting of Trayvon Martin

Tragedy in a Gated Community George Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch coordinator, says that he shot Trayvon Martin, 17, in self-defense after a life-or-death struggle on the night of Feb. 26. Official accounts and interviews with those involved in the case offer a glimpse into what may have happened.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2012, 02:35:04 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/04/02/us/the-events-leading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html

I'm disgusted no arrest has been made yet.  George Zimmerman's story seems so phoney... he claims Trayvon said "You're going to die tonight" and "What's your problem, homie".  Do people even use the term 'homie' anymore?

Please.  From what we know this kid has no history of violence AND he was not the one with the gun.  My guess is George Zimmerman is the one who told Trayvon he was going to die tonight.  In fact, he was so frustrated with strangers in his neighborhood getting away he was not about to let that happen again on this night.

He cold blooded murdered a teenage boy.

IMO.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

Thank you, grace-land, for the link.

Trayvon's father looks about as heart broken as a man can look.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »

If you read this, this explains the SYG law very well, and because of this, LE knew GZ was protected under this law. (it is lengthy).

http://www.baynews9.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/Elizabeth-megale-article-stand-your-ground-0401.pdf
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »

http://gawkk.com/what-really-happened-to-trayvon-martin/discuss

GZ, 2005 arrest, could possibly be used in this case, if it goes to trial.

The video clip gives a little more insight, into the 2005 incident. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »

I keep thinking there are at least 100,000 heartbroken loved ones, who lost family members,
friends and neighbors, from war conflicts, past and present. Sad

Why is this story so passionate among the US?  I think T.M. case hits a nerve, because everyones Freedom, could be at stake. If TM life could be discounted so easily, could mine, and everyone elses life, be of little valve, too? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »

http://gawkk.com/what-really-happened-to-trayvon-martin/discuss

GZ, 2005 arrest, could possibly be used in this case, if it goes to trial.

The video clip gives a little more insight, into the 2005 incident. IMO

not sure if prior acts could be used if it goes to trial.  Try finding a jury though!

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »

I keep thinking there are at least 100,000 heartbroken loved ones, who lost family members,
friends and neighbors, from war conflicts, past and present. Sad

Why is this story so passionate among the US?  I think T.M. case hits a nerve, because everyones Freedom, could be at stake. If TM life could be discounted so easily, could mine, and everyone elses life, be of little valve, too? 

So true.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.