March 28, 2024, 03:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390546 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10983757-fbi-questions-people-in-trayvon-martin-case-begins-parallel-investigation

FBI questions people in Trayvon Martin case, begins 'parallel investigation'
By Michael Isikoff, NBC News

SANFORD, Fla. -- FBI agents on Monday were questioning potential witnesses in the Trayvon Martin shooting, confirming to NBC News that the agency had begun a "parallel investigation" that focuses on whether the teen's civil rights were violated.

Agents are seeking information on George Zimmerman's background and whether he was racially motivated when he pursued Martin after calling a 911 police dispatcher about his presence in the community, an FBI official told NBC.

The agents were at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, where Martin was shot dead by Zimmerman, the gated community's neighborhood watch captain.

The state of Florida is conducting its own investigation in the shooting and that one is being overseen by a special prosecutor.

Although the Justice Department two weeks ago publicly announced it would examine potential civil rights violations, the arrival of bureau agents represents a new phase in inquiries into the case.
 ::snipping2::
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/trayvon-martins-parents-ask-dept-justice-prosecuto/nMHj7/

Trayvon Martin's parents ask Dept. of Justice for prosecutor probe

The attorney for Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, wrote:  "Within hours of the shooting, Sanford Chief of Police Bill Lee met with State Attorney Norm Wolfinger. We also believe that family members of the shooter, George Zimmerman, were present at the police department."

In a statement, Wolfinger expressed outrage by what he called, "outright lies" in the letter by Crump. 
Also, he encouraged the Department of Justice to investigate and to document that no such meeting or communication occurred.

What a waste of time! 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »

If that's the case,then let's investigate every damn person that is currently connected to LE then. (in the Orlando area). I'm sure they are covering for the SFPD. GMAB!

Seriously?

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »

Why the heck do they want the Prosecutor Probed for?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-video-zimmerman-enhanced-20120402_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-shooting-original-video
Trayvon Martin: Enhanced Zimmerman video shows possible head wound
April 2, 2012

A newly enhanced version of police video taken on the night of the Trayvon Martinshooting more clearly shows a possible gash or injury on the back of shooter George Zimmerman's head.

ABC News debuted the new video today. In it, an apparent wound of some type can be seen on Zimmerman's head when he turns away from the camera.

The video is an enhanced version of surveillance tape released by the Sanford Police Department last week. It shows Zimmerman being taken into SPD headquarters after the shooting.

Zimmerman was seen by paramedics after the shooting, officials have said, and was released without being arrested that night after he was interviewed by detectives.

In the original version of the video, no injuries were visibly apparent. The video was enhanced for ABC News by Forensic Protection, a California video and audio enhancement firm.

In the enhanced video, as in the original, no blood is visible on Zimmerman or his clothing.

Wonder why there is no blood visible on the clothing? 

A poster on another Forum, suggested, GZ's head, may have landed on a lawn sprinkler.
The AG should make a model of the sprinkler, and see if it fits between the two welts,
on the back of his head.  IMO

A link to a sprinkler http://www.qualitydist.net/nel-50201n.html (IDK if this is the type)

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

The EMT's cleaned him up at the scene.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:34 PM »

Jam cakes...very good info in your post ...pretty thought provoking

Absolutely. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »

The letter also described how Zimmerman was one of “very few” in Sanford, Fla., who spoke out publicly to condemn the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on December 4, 2010 by the son of a Sanford police officer.”
 “Do you know the individual that stepped up when no one else in the black community would?” the family member wrote. “Do you know who spent tireless hours putting flyers on the cars of persons parked in the churches of the black community? Do you know who waited for the church‐goers to get out of church so that he could hand them fliers in an attempt to organize the black community against this horrible miscarriage of justice? Do you know who helped organize the City Hall meeting on January 8th, 2011 at Sanford City Hall??”

“That person was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN. Ironic isn’t it?”   ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/zimmerman-family-member-calls-naacp-racists-says-there-will-be-blood-on-your-hands-if-george-is-hurt/#ixzz1qwo4oflY
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »

This case just gets more twists and turns as time goes on.
I don't think that this was racial on Zimmerman's part....the media and a group of people have made it racial IMO.... I just think that he was/is a Barney Fife who let it go to his head that he was important and powerful because he was carrying a gun....a wanna be cop if you will...

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-video-zimmerman-enhanced-20120402_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-shooting-original-video
Trayvon Martin: Enhanced Zimmerman video shows possible head wound
April 2, 2012

A newly enhanced version of police video taken on the night of the Trayvon Martinshooting more clearly shows a possible gash or injury on the back of shooter George Zimmerman's head.

ABC News debuted the new video today. In it, an apparent wound of some type can be seen on Zimmerman's head when he turns away from the camera.

The video is an enhanced version of surveillance tape released by the Sanford Police Department last week. It shows Zimmerman being taken into SPD headquarters after the shooting.

Zimmerman was seen by paramedics after the shooting, officials have said, and was released without being arrested that night after he was interviewed by detectives.

In the original version of the video, no injuries were visibly apparent. The video was enhanced for ABC News by Forensic Protection, a California video and audio enhancement firm.

In the enhanced video, as in the original, no blood is visible on Zimmerman or his clothing.

Wonder why there is no blood visible on the clothing? 

A poster on another Forum, suggested, GZ's head, may have landed on a lawn sprinkler.
The AG should make a model of the sprinkler, and see if it fits between the two welts,
on the back of his head.  IMO

A link to a sprinkler http://www.qualitydist.net/nel-50201n.html (IDK if this is the type)
maybe as jamcakes suggested earlier, blood on the clothing might not be visible due to the color of the jacket. 
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-qa3-20120402_1_civil-rights-gated-community-robert-zimmerman

Trayvon Martin facts vs. rumors

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »

I guess the author never saw or read what we did.   

Zimmerman supporters are blaming the victim
By D. Barbara McWhite – March 27, 2012

D. Barbara McWhite grew up in York County, S.C., and lives in Orange Park, Fla., with her husband and cat. Her column is published here each Tuesday. Opinions expressed are solely her own.

A full month after the slaying of Trayvon Martin, there is still no arrest in the case. The shooter, George Zimmerman, is in hiding, saying he fears for his life amid mass protests and the New Black Panthers' $10,000 bounty for his “capture.”

And as calls for justice in the case continue to swell, Zimmerman supporters, seeking to add credence to his account of the shooting, have begun to dig up disparaging information on Trayvon, based on his school records and Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Zimmerman supporters criticized early pictures shown in news reports that depicted the teen as young, fresh-faced and innocent, so they have presented what are purported to be more mature and unkempt images of the young man -- one in which Trayvon is seen with a mouth full of gold teeth; in another he is shirtless and with pants sagging. In one purported Facebook picture, Trayvon is allegedly seen with his middle finger erect on both hands.

Zimmerman supporters, in online blogs, point out to protesters that they weren't present when Trayvon was killed, so they are ignorant of the facts. They also point to Trayvon’s alleged marijuana use, gold teeth and his demeanor on alleged Facebook pictures as proof that he had a thug mentality and was fully capable of the violent behavior that Zimmerman accuses him of.

I believe it is fair that Trayvon's past be investigated, just as George Zimmerman's past is being scrutinized. But the irrational attempts to justify the killing of this young man by insinuating that he brought death upon himself because he looked, dressed or posed in a certain way is repugnant and evil.

Meanwhile, we don't know whether George Zimmerman was intoxicated on the night of the killing because Sandford police failed to test him for alcohol or drugs. We do know that Zimmerman was a cop wannabe and that he had made numerous calls to 911 over the last several months.

We know that Zimmerman made disparaging and possibly racist comments as he stalked Trayvon through the housing complex.

I don't need to defend or justify Trayvon Martin against these accusations. It is irrelevant whether he smoked marijuana. It is irrelevant if he wore a gold grill. It is even irrelevant if it is indeed him pictured giving the finger on Facebook. As a parent, I condemn these practices. But if we were to execute all who have been guilty of any or all of the above, I dare say, the world would be a decidedly empty place.

What is relevant is that on the date of his death, Trayvon was in his family's neighborhood. He was on common property. He was not in the act of committing a crime. Police have not claimed that he was anything other than sober.

What is relevant is that by George Zimmerman's own admission, Trayvon was profiled based on his clothing and his race and assigned the label "suspicious." He was followed, questioned by an adult who outweighed him by more than 100 pounds and who was armed with a gun.

And finally the boy was killed.

When I think back to the Natalie Holloway murder and how it consumed America's news for months, I don't remember hearing attempts to sully her reputation. No one asked why she was drinking. No one asked if drugs were involved. No one questioned what she wore. No one asked why she would leave a bar with a complete stranger. No one tried to say that she brought about her own demise because of her looks or behavior. And rightfully so.

It is never right to blame the victim for the crime committed against him or her. The deranged and evil killer who took the life of Natalie Holloway killed her not because of who she was but because of who he was. Yet Joran Vandersloot was protected and sheltered from the law by his parents, his supporters and by the Aruban legal system that seemed bent on protecting it's own while devaluing the life of the "outsider." The killer, Vandersloot, was saved from prosecution by those who perverted the law and used their influence and money to stand between him and justice.

The result was that five years to the day after Holloway's disappearance, Vandersloot savagely claimed another victim. Justice finally prevailed in that instance, but the price paid was the life of another young girl.

It is said that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, especially recent past behavior. And given the information that has surfaced thus far, I am more concerned about the erratic and irrational behavior of the adult, George Zimmerman, than I am about the teenage behaviors of Trayvon Martin.

Laws exist to punish criminal behavior, to deter crime and to protect society from those who would go outside of the law to abuse and harm us.

Zimmerman's supporters are using irrelevant information in an attempt to muddy the water in this case, thereby allowing a killer to escape just punishment for his crime.

And to George Zimmerman supporters I say, if Vandersloot tactics are used to keep George Zimmerman from answering for this crime, the next child he kills might well be yours.

http://www.qcitymetro.com/living/articles/zimmerman_supporters_are_blaming_the_victim080508939.cfm

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »

jamcakes,

Thanks for posting that article.  I say there is no way in h3ll that woman followed Natalee's case.
Edit to fix name.  MB
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:33:06 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

jamcakes,

Thanks for posting that article.  I say there is no way in h3ll that woman followed Natalee's case.
Edit to fix name.  MB

I agree, KittyMom.

I was so appalled by the comparison, that I felt compelled to leave a comment on her article.  I hope they publish it intact.

Challapalca him!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »

This case just gets more twists and turns as time goes on.
I don't think that this was racial on Zimmerman's part....the media and a group of people have made it racial IMO.... I just think that he was/is a Barney Fife who let it go to his head that he was important and powerful because he was carrying a gun....a wanna be cop if you will...

Hi Monkey's,

Cookie, I AGREE with you, I do not believe it was racial.  I believe GZ, does not like
anyone, he is an equal disliker, imo.  I believe he wanted to be a Hero, he watched
too many Detective shows on TV.

IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

jamcakes,

Thanks for posting that article.  I say there is no way in h3ll that woman followed Natalee's case.
Edit to fix name.  MB
Oops!  I know someone that spells the name with 'ie' and I never do it correctly on here.  No disrespect meant.

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »

This case is a prime example why I feel that the "Make My Day" law is WRONG!! In an instant two families lives are changed forever. There truly are no winners in this case.

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

jamcakes,

Thanks for posting that article.  I say there is no way in h3ll that woman followed Natalee's case.
Edit to fix name.  MB
Oops!  I know someone that spells the name with 'ie' and I never do it correctly on here.  No disrespect meant.

It's an easy error to make particularly since the article you were remarking on misspelled it.     I correct victims names or information when I'm able.  It didn't occur to me you meant any disrespect KittyMom.     You see, when I go into someone's post and change something I make a moderator's note to explain.  I wouldn't be comfortable myself if someone could go in and change what I posted without explanation, and I give my fellow monkeys the same respect, and it's also why its in tiny print.  If I want someone's attention or if I thought your post was disrespectful, the font would be big, red and bold.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/03/zimmerman-neighbor-fmr-neighborhood-watch-captain-prior-burglaries-were-by-young-black-males-if-you-plant-corn-you-get-corn/

April 3rd, 2012
09:42 AM ET
Zimmerman neighbor, fmr. Neighborhood Watch captain: Prior burglaries were by 'young black males;' 'if you plant corn, you get corn'

Frank Taaffe, George Zimmerman’s neighbor and former Neighborhood Watch captain, tells CNN’s Soledad O’Brien that prior robberies in area were by young black males and that Zimmerman protected his residence from a potential burglary on February 2nd. Taaffe denies telling The New York Times that the prior burglaries were done by “Trayvon-like dudes with their pants down."

Taffe says, “We had eight burglaries in our neighborhood all perpetrated by young black males in the 15 months prior to Trayvon being shot. It would have been nine - there would have been nine, but George Zimmerman through his efforts of being a neighborhood watch captain helped stop one in progress, documented in the 911 calls February 2. My house was being robbed, and George on his nightly rounds watched this burglary in progress, called Sanford P.D., waited for them, and helped ensure that nothing bad happened to my house. And it's documented the 911 call for February 2. That was my residence that George Zimmerman helped stop.”
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/3/hicks-trayvon-case-shows-racist-epithet-persists/
HICKS: Trayvon case shows ‘racist’ epithet persists
April 3, 2012

(2 Pgs.)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.