March 28, 2024, 09:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390591 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »

Very Interesting  

EXCLUSIVE: Trayvon Martin Family Attorney Raises Questions
 About The Role Of George Zimmerman’s Father

By Judd Legum on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm

In an interview with ThinkProgress, Martin family attorney Natalie Jackson raised serious questions about the role of George Zimmerman’s father, Robert Zimmerman, in the case.

::snipping2::

The day after the shooting, George Zimmerman, according to his father, returned with at least three police officers to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, back to that grassy area where plaintive cries for help had gone unanswered. The investigators, accompanied by someone with a video camera, wanted him to re-enact the events of the night when the two strangers had stood their ground.

Mr. Zimmerman’s father watched from nearby.

Edit to add link per seahorse.  MB
  http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/03/457593/trayvonmartin-family-attorney-questions-robert-zimmerman/?mobile=nc
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:38:14 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

Very Interesting 

My apologies, I forgot to post the Link.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/03/457593/trayvonmartin-family-attorney-questions-robert-zimmerman/?mobile=nc

EXCLUSIVE: Trayvon Martin Family Attorney Raises Questions
 About The Role Of George Zimmerman’s Father

By Judd Legum on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm

In an interview with ThinkProgress, Martin family attorney Natalie Jackson raised serious questions about the role of George Zimmerman’s father, Robert Zimmerman, in the case.

The day after the shooting, George Zimmerman, according to his father, returned with at least three police officers to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, back to that grassy area where plaintive cries for help had gone unanswered. The investigators, accompanied by someone with a video camera, wanted him to re-enact the events of the night when the two strangers had stood their ground.

Mr. Zimmerman’s father watched from nearby.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »

Dispicable.  The only regrets they have is because they got caught imo.  The really sad thing is, damage is done. Isn't it interesting how the editing out of a sentence or two changes the original  meaning and intent of the person speaking?   It reminds me of some posts on forums, when articles are sometimes snipped not for brevity, but for the posters own purpose, and I've even seen the  snippets of the quotes rearranged in order.  Yes, it's quoted, but it's been manipulated.  Creditability goes right down the drain imo.   And of course, it's JMHO

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/nbcnews-trayvonmartin-idUSL2E8F3DHF20120403
NBC News regrets editing of Trayvon shooting call
April 3, 2012

(Reuters) - NBC News apologized on Tuesday for the way it edited a broadcast of a conversation between George Zimmerman and a police dispatcher before teenager Trayvon Martin was killed by Zimmerman.

The Fox News report can be viewed on the website of the News Corp unit.

The "Today" show's segment ran as:

"Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

The full conversation ran as:

"Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy - is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »

I find this article very interesting:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvonbre8320uk-20120403,0,2751266.story

from page 3:

Martin turned to Patricia Jones, his sister-in-law.

An attorney herself, she knew whom to call: Benjamin Crump, the state's best-known civil rights attorney, based in Tallahassee. Crump and law partner Daryl Parks had previously gained renown representing the family of a black teenager who died in a boot-camp-style youth detention center in 2006, winning the boy's family $7.2 million in damages from the state of Florida and Bay County.

"I told him to believe in the system," Crump said of that first call. "I really believed they were going to arrest Zimmerman. I said, 'He's a neighborhood watch person with a gun. Of course they are going to arrest him just for that.'" "Then 48 hours passed and they still hadn't arrested him," Crump said. "After that we just had to do what we had to do."

He took the case pro bono. Realizing he needed a lawyer who knew Sanford and Seminole County, Crump turned to Natalie Jackson, a former Navy intelligence officer who founded the Women's Trial Group, which specializes in cases for women and children. Her mother lives in Sanford.

Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

"I got on the phone with Tracy Martin and I told him, ‘It's not going to be any fun, but this is the only way to find justice,'" Julison said. "You are going to have to bare your soul and express your emotions and your inner grief." Martin and Fulton agreed. There was only one problem. At first, the media weren't interested. Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts.

Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on "This Morning," and by 10 a.m. a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. A media firestorm had begun.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/04/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-hires-casey-anthony-tv-analyst.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »

NBC issues apology for edited Zimmerman 911 call
Published April 03, 2012

<snipped>

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher, seeming to show Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/03/nbc-issues-apology-edited-zimmerman-11-call/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2012, 10:28:39 PM »

Enhanced video of Zimmerman in police station appears to show injuries
Published April 03, 2012

Enhanced video of George Zimmerman being led into a Florida police station appears to show possible injuries to the back of his head, lending credence to his claim he was in a struggle with Trayvon Martin when he shot the teen.

ABC News initially released video of Zimmerman that did not clearly show marks on his scalp, but had the video enhanced digitally and released a new clip on Monday. That clip appears to show a gash.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/03/enhanced-video-zimmerman-in-police-station-appears-to-show-injuries/?test=latestnews

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »

Tonight driving through our neighborhood to home...3 kids were walking with hoodies on...dark out, not raining, not cold here, could not tell what race they were until I was right even with them...they were white, I am white...but honestly, I do see how this looks kind of, what is the word...not suspicious as much as why are you hiding your faces? What are you up to...this does not make me racist, this makes me cautious...does that make sense to you all? I am not saying that anyone who wears a hoodie on their head is up to no good, but most of their face is obscured...at our bank there is a sign posted, no hoodies on the head, sunglasses  on when entering this bank. Most of the robberies in our town has involved someone wearing a hoodie...whether white or black committing the robberies, I do not know...but hoodies have been involved..
Mind you, I wear hoodies all the time myself, love them, but not where it covers my head or face although I would pull the hood onto my head if I was out in the rain....

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

So what's the Martin Family going to do If this goes to trial and the jury says "Not Guilty' or the GJ decides there is not enough evidence to charge?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:45 PM »

So what's the Martin Family going to do If this goes to trial and the jury says "Not Guilty' or the GJ decides there is not enough evidence to charge?

I am sure that they fill be filing all kinds of lawsuits.against the police, George Zimmerman, the city, the homeowners association etc,,,and Sharpton and Jessie will be tending there with their hands out...j,o

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »

Should have bee will not fill^^^^

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »

Darn iPad

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »

Tonight driving through our neighborhood to home...3 kids were walking with hoodies on...dark out, not raining, not cold here, could not tell what race they were until I was right even with them...they were white, I am white...but honestly, I do see how this looks kind of, what is the word...not suspicious as much as why are you hiding your faces? What are you up to...this does not make me racist, this makes me cautious...does that make sense to you all? I am not saying that anyone who wears a hoodie on their head is up to no good, but most of their face is obscured...at our bank there is a sign posted, no hoodies on the head, sunglasses  on when entering this bank. Most of the robberies in our town has involved someone wearing a hoodie...whether white or black committing the robberies, I do not know...but hoodies have been involved..
Mind you, I wear hoodies all the time myself, love them, but not where it covers my head or face although I would pull the hood onto my head if I was out in the rain....

I understand what you mean being suspicious and all.  I am sure that someone is going to bring up that it was raining that night and so his hoodie was on...however, I understand what you are saying.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »

I am sure that they fill be filing all kinds of lawsuits.against the police, George Zimmerman, the city, the homeowners association etc,,,and Sharpton and Jessie will be tending there with their hands out...j,o

Yep...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »

I think that it was raining that night...

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »

I think that it was raining that night...

Yes, it was. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »

Video at link

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/04/03/zimmerman-could-walk-free-lawyer-says

George Zimmerman could walk free, lawyer says
By HLNtv staff
updated 10:18 PM EDT, Tue April 03, 2012

NEED TO KNOW
•Attorney explains how Florida’s’Stand Your Ground’ law could apply even if Zimmerman initially was the aggressor
•Attorney: ‘Stand Your Ground’ law could grant immunity for George Zimmerman’

Criminal defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh tells HLN’s Dr. Drew how Florida’s ‘Stand Your Ground” law could grant immunity to Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2012, 11:51:32 PM »

I always called them sweat shirts or sweat jackets, not hoodies.

Not that they are associated with protests, I may have to rethink my wardrobe.

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-03/news/os-george-zimmerman-lawyer-sonner-20120403_1_defense-team-lawrence-o-donnell-wofl-channel

Zimmerman's lawyer: Cub Scout leader, martial-arts expert, one-man law firm
10:55 p.m. EST, April 3, 2012

Craig Sonner has never defended a client accused in a homicide, but he now represents George Zimmerman, the man at the center of one of the nation's most racially divisive shootings in years.

And Sonner predicts he'll have no problem clearing Zimmerman.

"I believed his story of how he was defending himself," said 47-year-old Sonner, a one-man Altamonte Springs law firm. "I've already got a number of experts lined up to take this one … I don't think we're going to have a problem exonerating George Zimmerman."
He is confident of their client's self-defense claim, Uhrig told WOFL, in part because Zimmerman has already passed a voice-stress test, something similar to a lie-detector test, administered by Sanford police.

Both lawyers said they never have met Zimmerman face to face.

"Because of the danger he faces, we communicate only by phone," Sonner said.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:20 AM »

Thank you, grace-land, for the link.

Trayvon's father looks about as heart broken as a man can look.

I keep thinking there are at least 100,000 heartbroken loved ones, who lost family members,
friends and neighbors, from war conflicts, past and present. Sad

Why is this story so passionate among the US?  I think T.M. case hits a nerve, because everyones Freedom, could be at stake. If TM life could be discounted so easily, could mine, and everyone elses life, be of little valve, too? 

Hi Seahorse.  I can only speak for myself... a mother of an 18 year old son preparing to join the Coast Guard.  If he were to die defending his country I would be no less heartbroken but at least his death would not feel senseless.

If my child were to be murdered the way Trayvon was murdered and the police were taking no measures to investigate or prosecute the man who stalked my child on a rainy eve then shot him, I would be beside myself with agony and frustration.

There is a lot of passion about Trayvon's death and I totally agree with your assessment about why... to let the life of a 17 year old boy be discounted so easily would be an indication of how low our society has gone.  I for one am thankful the public has taken this on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.