March 28, 2024, 06:49:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390575 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:00 AM »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10983757-fbi-questions-people-in-trayvon-martin-case-begins-parallel-investigation

FBI questions people in Trayvon Martin case, begins 'parallel investigation'
By Michael Isikoff, NBC News

SANFORD, Fla. -- FBI agents on Monday were questioning potential witnesses in the Trayvon Martin shooting, confirming to NBC News that the agency had begun a "parallel investigation" that focuses on whether the teen's civil rights were violated.

Agents are seeking information on George Zimmerman's background and whether he was racially motivated when he pursued Martin after calling a 911 police dispatcher about his presence in the community, an FBI official told NBC.

The agents were at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, where Martin was shot dead by Zimmerman, the gated community's neighborhood watch captain.

The state of Florida is conducting its own investigation in the shooting and that one is being overseen by a special prosecutor.

Although the Justice Department two weeks ago publicly announced it would examine potential civil rights violations, the arrival of bureau agents represents a new phase in inquiries into the case.
 ::snipping2::

I hope investigators don't focus so tightly on Trayvon's civil rights or possible racial profiling by George Zimmerman that they lose sight of the fact that a murder was committed.

It's possible George Zimmerman would have done exactly the same thing if a white boy in a hoodie was walking through his neighborhood. 
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2012, 02:32:48 AM »

This case just gets more twists and turns as time goes on.
I don't think that this was racial on Zimmerman's part....the media and a group of people have made it racial IMO.... I just think that he was/is a Barney Fife who let it go to his head that he was important and powerful because he was carrying a gun....a wanna be cop if you will...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »

Thank you, grace-land, for the link.

Trayvon's father looks about as heart broken as a man can look.

I keep thinking there are at least 100,000 heartbroken loved ones, who lost family members,
friends and neighbors, from war conflicts, past and present. Sad

Why is this story so passionate among the US?  I think T.M. case hits a nerve, because everyones Freedom, could be at stake. If TM life could be discounted so easily, could mine, and everyone elses life, be of little valve, too? 

Hi Seahorse.  I can only speak for myself... a mother of an 18 year old son preparing to join the Coast Guard.  If he were to die defending his country I would be no less heartbroken but at least his death would not feel senseless.

If my child were to be murdered the way Trayvon was murdered and the police were taking no measures to investigate or prosecute the man who stalked my child on a rainy eve then shot him, I would be beside myself with agony and frustration.

There is a lot of passion about Trayvon's death and I totally agree with your assessment about why... to let the life of a 17 year old boy be discounted so easily would be an indication of how low our society has gone.  I for one am thankful the public has taken this on.
Thank-you for you generous and thoughtful response.   Your son should have a good experience in the service.  I spent three years in the army, the most unlikely person on this
Earth to march and shine boots, it was the best experience of my life, not always smooth, you know you not never alone in service. There is always someone to laugh with,
someone witty, whereever I went, wit keeps us going through the ups and downs.

I remember in Basic Training, a fellow recruit, commented how the miltary glasses looked like “Mr. Bunny Rabbit” glasses, (stems back to Captain Kangaroo), sometimes, a silly
comment keeps your morale up.

There is in a sense, ‘a hand of God’ seems to be in this case, by all accounts, this case should have been off the radio screen. Smile

::justice2NJ::

"Hard times make good people better and bad people worse"  Quotes by Cousin Luanne

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:37 AM »

Amy's sister, I do think that Zimmerman would have reacted the same way to anyone he saw in the neighborhood walking around with a hoodie on...black people are not the only race who wear hoodies..a previous post of mine, 3 youths were in my neighborhood walking with their hoodies on, I could see that they were all 3 white only when I was even with them while driving next to them...one of them was a girl, which I could not see from behind them...
Their faces were almost covered as the hoodies were pulled pretty far down on their faces...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »

http://newsone.com/newsone-original/paulshepard/who-is-robert-zimmerman/

Is George Zimmerman’s Dad Controlling The Trayvon Case?

Written by Paul Shepard on April 3, 2012 11:47 am 

"Good Question's are better than good answer's"

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »

Hi Monkeys!
Just wanted to express my thoughts about this case and Thank God I can come here to do it  I am shocked that a 28 year old man is allowed to walk around a neighborhood armed and his self proclaimed title of neighborhood watch captain supposedly makes this alright.  A young man is now dead (I personally do not believe the self defense story). If Zimmerman was afraid for his life why the h3!! didn't he keep 911 on the line until the police got there? Why didn't the 911 operator keep him on the line anyway? I just don't understand a 911 call that hangs up before the police get there except that Zimmerman did not express any life threatening fear to the 911 operator and seemed to be in no danger at all.  Why didn't he call 911 back the moment he felt threatened?  He didn't hesitate to call about his suspicions why wouldn't he call if things had escalated to the point that he was afraid for his life?

I find it interesting that in order to be a security guard in Florida you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and to be an armed security guard you have to jump through a bunch more.  You have to be licensed and there are several Classes of licensing - for example the following
"Example: A Security Officer without a Class “G” license
may not be assigned to a perimeter gate guard shack where
firearms are kept in a locked gun rack if the officer is issued keys
to the gun rack.
g. While the licensee is on duty his firearm must be
carried in a holster and in plain view. It may be carried
concealed only under the conditions addressed in VIII.c.
Section 493.6115(3), F.S."

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/SOH_Handbook_00092_0209.pdf

and from the same link above
VII. USE OF FORCE
a. Licensed security officers are not law enforcement
officers and are not granted any police powers regarding arrest
or use of force.
Section 493,6118(1)(i), F.S.
b. Deadly force may never be used by a security officer
except in self-defense or defense of another from imminent
death or great bodily harm. The use of deadly force to protect
property or to prevent property loss is prohibited by law.
Section 776.012, F.S.
c. Non-deadly force may be used by a security officer to
the extent necessary for self-defense or defense of another
against the use of unlawful force or to prevent or terminate
trespass or “interference’’ with property the security officer has a
legal duty to protect.
Section 776.031, F.S.
d. Security officers in the employ of, or contracted with,
retail establishments, who have probable cause to believe that
retail theft has occurred, have specific statutory authority to
detain shoplifting suspects until law enforcement can respond to
make an arrest. Law enforcement must be called to the scene
immediately.
Section 812.015(3)(a), F.S.
e. Firing a warning shot for any reason, including an
attempt to stop a person suspected of the commission of a crime,
is prohibited.
Sections 776.012 and 493.6118(1)(f), F.S.

I hope this post isn't too long and apologize if it is but I just wanted to point out all the regulations that apply to professional security and police officers and wonder why someone like Zimmerman can voluntarily do all of those things without licensing or consequence.  IMO he is nothing more than a self appointed vigilante who believes he can take the law in his own hands and get away with it. IMO he is getting away with it so far!!!

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2012, 03:37:44 PM »

George Zimmerman has hired attorney Hal Uhrig, stations reported tonight. The name will be familiar to people who followed the Casey Anthony coverage, because Uhrig offered analysis for Fox-owned WOFL-Channel 35.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/04/04/Casey-Anthony-Legal-Analyst-Zimmerman-Attorney

..and from comments:-
There is a glaring statement below those who speak.  ZIMMERMAN PASSED THE VOICE STRESS TEST.     What????  Haven't we been hearing for days that experts brought in (by a newspaper) to analize the screams for help say that is not Zimmerman??????  Who the hell are these hacks that are so called "experts"?????  I would not be suprised to find out that the lamestream media has perpatrated one more LIE to frame

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/04/04/Casey-Anthony-Legal-Analyst-Zimmerman-Attorney
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

Hi Monkeys!
Just wanted to express my thoughts about this case and Thank God I can come here to do it  I am shocked that a 28 year old man is allowed to walk around a neighborhood armed and his self proclaimed title of neighborhood watch captain supposedly makes this alright.  A young man is now dead (I personally do not believe the self defense story). If Zimmerman was afraid for his life why the h3!! didn't he keep 911 on the line until the police got there? Why didn't the 911 operator keep him on the line anyway? I just don't understand a 911 call that hangs up before the police get there except that Zimmerman did not express any life threatening fear to the 911 operator and seemed to be in no danger at all.  Why didn't he call 911 back the moment he felt threatened?  He didn't hesitate to call about his suspicions why wouldn't he call if things had escalated to the point that he was afraid for his life?

I find it interesting that in order to be a security guard in Florida you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and to be an armed security guard you have to jump through a bunch more.  You have to be licensed and there are several Classes of licensing - for example the following
"Example: A Security Officer without a Class “G” license
may not be assigned to a perimeter gate guard shack where
firearms are kept in a locked gun rack if the officer is issued keys
to the gun rack.
g. While the licensee is on duty his firearm must be
carried in a holster and in plain view. It may be carried
concealed only under the conditions addressed in VIII.c.
Section 493.6115(3), F.S."

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/SOH_Handbook_00092_0209.pdf

and from the same link above
VII. USE OF FORCE
a. Licensed security officers are not law enforcement
officers and are not granted any police powers regarding arrest
or use of force.
Section 493,6118(1)(i), F.S.
b. Deadly force may never be used by a security officer
except in self-defense or defense of another from imminent
death or great bodily harm. The use of deadly force to protect
property or to prevent property loss is prohibited by law.
Section 776.012, F.S.
c. Non-deadly force may be used by a security officer to
the extent necessary for self-defense or defense of another
against the use of unlawful force or to prevent or terminate
trespass or “interference’’ with property the security officer has a
legal duty to protect.
Section 776.031, F.S.
d. Security officers in the employ of, or contracted with,
retail establishments, who have probable cause to believe that
retail theft has occurred, have specific statutory authority to
detain shoplifting suspects until law enforcement can respond to
make an arrest. Law enforcement must be called to the scene
immediately.
Section 812.015(3)(a), F.S.
e. Firing a warning shot for any reason, including an
attempt to stop a person suspected of the commission of a crime,
is prohibited.
Sections 776.012 and 493.6118(1)(f), F.S.

I hope this post isn't too long and apologize if it is but I just wanted to point out all the regulations that apply to professional security and police officers and wonder why someone like Zimmerman can voluntarily do all of those things without licensing or consequence.  IMO he is nothing more than a self appointed vigilante who believes he can take the law in his own hands and get away with it. IMO he is getting away with it so far!!!

hi, He had the right to carry around a gun because he has a concealed carry permit.

The Full 911 call George made is 4 minutes & 12 seconds.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0404/George-Zimmerman-911-call-what-the-fallout-is-from-botched-editing
George Zimmerman 911 call: what the fallout is from botched editing
April 4, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Blitzer on CNN using more scientific audio equipment: Zimmerman said "F_ _ g cold" not coon.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2868257/posts
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »

Talking with friends at dinner....we have burnout on this case because the media has over saturated the news with this case and not with all correct news.   

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/did-trayvon-martin-referee-school-fights

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »

Blitzer on CNN using more scientific audio equipment: Zimmerman said "F_ _ g cold" not coon.

What's sad is I think the activists wanted it to say "coon."

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A decision could come in the next few days on George Zimmerman's fate. The state prosecutor is close to finishing up with her investigation.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26 in a Sanford gated community. Zimmerman claims Martin physically attacked him after Zimmerman questioned why he was in the neighborhood. The two clashed in circumstances that remain unclear, which led to Zimmerman shooting the unarmed Martin, killing him. Though he was taken into police custody that night, he was never formally arrested and has not been charged with any crime.
The case has sparked outrage in central Florida and across the country.

The grand jury is just days away from convening and everyone wants to know what will happen to George Zimmerman? What will happen after the decision comes down?

Some are more optimistic than others. "I have all the faith in the city there will be no violence," said Sanford resident Hank Dieckhaus.

But still others wonder if there will be fights? Will there be riots? Or will there be a sudden calm.?

Sanford is a time bomb but Mayor Jeff Triplett says he is not worried…yet, "That's the concern you really don't know. It's really truly out of our hands now. We have done everything we could to get here."

And that everything means a contingency plan or two. City sources tell FOX 35 that the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and Sanford Police Department have put some of their staff on stand-by and the emergency operations center is ready to activate when and if they need it. A half a dozen public information officers are already in place and both Sanford and Seminole county fire are preparing.

Last week, Seminole County Fire Chief's met with the Department of Justice to figure out what to do if the city comes unhinged. The jails are ready if there is an arrest and the courthouse has also made its plans to keep its staff and its visitors safe. That means dozens of deputies on duty.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/040412-george-zimmerman-decision-coming-soon

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »

What's sad is I think the activists wanted it to say "coon."

...and the media had the tape how long?? Yet decided to leave that inflamatory word out here.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2012, 03:28:37 AM »

http://www.wagist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/map_1000.jpg

I hope the link works.

Looking at the map, and correct me if I'm wrong, but one can see the location from where George Zimmerman finished his 911 call and the path back to his pick up.  If F on the map is where the murder took place does it seem like George went way off the path back to his truck?  In the same direction that Trayvon would have been walking to get back home?

If I'm right this is further evidence that George Zimmerman was in pursuit of Trayvon and remained so even after the 911 operator told him not to.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »

http://www.wagist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/map_1000.jpg

I hope the link works.

Looking at the map, and correct me if I'm wrong, but one can see the location from where George Zimmerman finished his 911 call and the path back to his pick up.  If F on the map is where the murder took place does it seem like George went way off the path back to his truck?  In the same direction that Trayvon would have been walking to get back home?

If I'm right this is further evidence that George Zimmerman was in pursuit of Trayvon and remained so even after the 911 operator told him not to.

Hi Amys Sister,

Thank-you for the map.  Websleuths.com also asked questions (a few days ago),
a WS sleuth, posted, a very detailed map on their forum.  I was tempted to bring the link over here,(they are a little stingy), I decided not to. The WS poster even detailed the timing of the phone calls, map, including the trip to the station, it was impressive.

A Florida Grand Jury is scheculed to meet this coming Tuesday, I think it will be interesting.

I wonder if GZ had a flash light or an orange vest, for night parole?  I realize he was not on
official duty, on the evening in question.  He would have been better suited for following someone, if he had a flashlight and some official vest.   

His broken nose is another question I have...Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

It wouldn't have been very dark at 7 something in Florida would it?

I read that Trayvon's  parents were suing the homeowners association because of GZ's actions...was GZ self appointed? Did anyone on the HO board know that he carried a concealed weapon?   I am guessing that Barney Fife GZ appointed himself but I don't know that for sure.

Still waiting for all the facts about this case to come out...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQRUzOFbUFk

Trayvon Martin case: HOA could be held accountable

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYIxuRFiHM

Atty.: Civil Lawsuit Likely in Martin Shooting

GZ could also turn around and sue HOA.      This is getting hairy.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.