March 29, 2024, 04:33:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390749 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »

NBC Fires Producer of Edited, Doctored and Misleading George Zimmerman 9-11 Tape … Misleading, IT WAS A LIE!

SHAMEFUL … MISLEADING? WHAT NBC PUT FORTH WAS A FALSEHOOD AND A LIE … WHEN MEDIA BIAS TURNS INTO A FLAT OUT MISREPRESENTATION OF THE FACTS AND REPORTS A LIE …

Posted April 7, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/07/nbc-fires-producer-of-edited-doctored-and-misleading-george-zimmerman-9-11-tape-misleading-it-was-a-lie/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

Viewers!!! What about an NBC apology to George Zimmerman for attempting to further the fabrication that Trayvon Martin’s tragic death was racially motivated.

Janet

++++++

NBC issues apology for edited Zimmerman 911 call
Published April 03, 2012

“During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers,” the network said in a statement cited by The Washington Post.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/03/nbc-issues-apology-edited-zimmerman-11-call/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »

Viewers!!! What about an NBC apology to George Zimmerman for attempting to further the fabrication that Trayvon Martin’s tragic death was racially motivated.

Janet

++++++

Published April 03, 2012

“During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers,” the network said in a statement cited by The Washington Post.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/03/nbc-issues-apology-edited-zimmerman-11-call/

Janet,

I absolutely agree with you.

IMO...

NBC should sent an official apology to GZ  in a Easter Basket. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »

Janet

++++++

Published April 03, 2012

Janet,

I absolutely agree with you.

IMO...

NBC should sent an official apology to GZ  in a Easter Basket. Smile

Filled with Purdy's assorted creams.

Janet

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »

Published April 03, 2012

<snipped>

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher, seeming to show Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »

NBC Fires Producer of Edited, Doctored and Misleading George Zimmerman 9-11 Tape … Misleading, IT WAS A LIE!

SHAMEFUL … MISLEADING? WHAT NBC PUT FORTH WAS A FALSEHOOD AND A LIE … WHEN MEDIA BIAS TURNS INTO A FLAT OUT MISREPRESENTATION OF THE FACTS AND REPORTS A LIE …

Posted April 7, 2012 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/07/nbc-fires-producer-of-edited-doctored-and-misleading-george-zimmerman-9-11-tape-misleading-it-was-a-lie/

_____

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »

Yes, it was an unfair portrayal of George, but the public should recieve an apology as well.  The last thing we need is the media fanning the flames of hatred and trying to create racism where there is none. 

Besides, it distracts from the facts of the case and could cripple Trayvon's death investigation.
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »

OK, here's what I don't understand. Despite all the hoopla and grandstanding on all sides, the facts to me are these: Trayvon Martin had every bit as much right to be where he was as George Zimmerman did. He was minding his own business in a place where he was supposed to be. He was followed and reported to the police simply because GZ thought he looked "suspicious." At some point there was a confrontation and the young unarmed man was shot and killed by an older man who supposedly knew all about surveillance, law enforcement procedures, self-defense, and the proper use of firearms. I don't understand how this can be justifiable homicide under any circumstances. What am I missing?

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »

Is the drive by media photoshopping Jorge Zimmerman?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2869470/posts

There are pictures at link but not able to post them, sorry.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2012, 05:34:37 AM »

Is the drive by media photoshopping Jorge Zimmerman?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2869470/posts

There are pictures at link but not able to post them, sorry.

Note the missing ear!  Having a lighter photo is one thing, but his shirt is a totally different color and the top of his ear is completely gone.   ?????

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46989104

NC motorcycle clubs ride for Trayvon Martin

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »

BREAKING: State Attorney decides no use of Grand Jury in Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation. Details coming on BN9.com

https://www.facebook.com/bn9fans

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

ANGELA B. COREY
STATE ATTORNEY
***MEDIA UPDATE***
For Immediate Release April 9, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – State Attorney Angela Corey has decided not to use a Grand Jury in the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation.
The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case. The Grand Jury, set to convene on April 10, 2012, was previously scheduled by the former prosecutor.
Ms. Corey was appointed as the Special Prosecutor on March 22, 2012, by Governor Rick Scott. From the moment she was assigned, Ms. Corey noted she may not need a Grand Jury.
At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office. You will be notified of any new developments via email.
###

http://baynews9.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/trayvon-martin-no-grand-jury-0409.pdf
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »

SANFORD --
The case of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's death in Sanford has reached the United Nations.

Navi Pillay, the U.N.'s human rights chief, has called for the organization to launch an immediate investigation into the case.

The Florida Civil Rights Association said it supports the recent call for action, saying the involvement of the U.N. would help prevent violence they said stems from racial profiling in other parts of the world as well.

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford.

Zimmerman has claimed he was acting in self-defense after the teen attacked him.

Still, thousands of activists have flocked to Sanford over the last month for numerous rallies calling for Zimmerman's arrest.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/4/8/trayvon_martin_un_in
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-case-will-not-go-to-grand-jury/2012/04/09/gIQABDZG6S_story.html

George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case will not go to grand jury
By Elizabeth Flock, Monday, April 9, 12:23 PM

::snipping2::
The decision now rests with Corey, who would provide no further comment. Corey has two choices left, according to CNN: File charges or drop the case.

Corey previously told CNN she has never used a grand jury to decide on charges in a justifiable homicide case.

“We do a thorough investigation. We make that decision ourselves,” she told the network.

Under Florida law, only first-degree murder cases must be presented before a grand jury.
Sanford police did not initially charge Zimmerman because of Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, which allows someone to use deadly force in the face of danger.

Corey has handled hundreds of homicide cases involving the justifiable use of deadly force, which makes her an apt prosecutor for the case, according to the AP.

She is also known for her tough tactics, in the past locking up criminals for long sentences and making it hard to negotiate plea bargains.

“It would be fair to say that her office, when faced with the choice, files as many counts and charges as they believe they can prove,” A. Russell Smith, a past president of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and friend of Corey’s, told the AP. “[That] tends to make their prosecutions more complex and expose defendants to substantially more sentences.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »

Video at link

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46991902/ns/today-today_news/

Lawyers: Unless he's charged, George Zimmerman will speak out
A special prosecutor is set to present her findings from the Trayvon Martin investigation
By Scott Stump
TODAY.com contributor
updated 4/9/2012 9:13:46 AM ET

A special prosecutor is set to present her findings from the investigation into the Trayvon Martin shooting as early as Tuesday.

Unless those findings don't result in a charge, George Zimmerman is keeping quiet.

“As soon as he is either dismissed, or they decide not to charge him, or he is eventually vindicated, he’ll come out,’’ said attorney Hal Uhrig, who is defending Zimmerman along with Craig Sonner. “If they charge him, then you’re not going to hear from him until it’s over.’’
Video: Zimmerman legal team says he is ‘distraught’ (on this page)
Uhrig and Sonner expect to meet with Zimmerman this week. The neighborhood watch volunteer, who shot 17-year-old Martin in what he claims was self-defense, has been in hiding because of threats against his life.

Zimmerman's quick release by the Sanford police and the state attorney — just seven hours and 50 minutes after the shooting — has come under scrutiny. Within a week, the state attorney had ruled that Zimmerman feared for his life and should not be charged.
Prosecutor: No grand jury for Trayvon Martin case
Experts told NBC News that they believe that timetable appears unusually fast. An autopsy and toxicology report, one of the standards in investigating a fatal shooting, could not have been completed in that short period of time, Kerry Sanders reported Monday.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »

Even if GZ is not arrested, he is never going to have any kind of life for years to come. He will constantly be looking over his shoulder...IMO

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »

Even if GZ is not arrested, he is never going to have any kind of life for years to come. He will constantly be looking over his shoulder...IMO

Also, I think that the prosecutor will bring charges against him--but not first-degree murder.  IIRC, she files many counts and charges as she thinks that she can prove in court. 
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/08/2738118/what-trayvon-martins-social-media.html

What Trayvon Martin’s tweets say about him

While online critics say Trayvon Martin’s digital footprint reveals a violent streak, his Twitter feed shows that he was a typical teen.

By Deborah Acosta
dacosta@MiamiHerald.com

Trayvon Martin liked girls, hated high school and was planning for college.

He loved rap music and enjoyed cracking jokes on Twitter about street culture.

The 17-year-old high school junior known as “Slimm” tweeted thousands of times over a period of months. His last 140-character message came just two days before he was gunned down in a gated townhouse community in Sanford.

But in the racially divisive media hype that has followed the teenager’s controversial killing, pages of nonsensical Twitter updates written back when Trayvon’s biggest concerns were getting a call back from a girl are now being examined and scrutinized by bloggers around the nation.

Critics call attention to his tattoos, an empty marijuana bag found in his school book bag, and a photo that purports to show him with gold teeth — “grills,” in hip-hop parlance — to show that he had a violent nature and that his family deliberately tried to keep this image from the public. His email accounts were hacked by white supremacists and his tweets were exposed by the conservative website The Daily Caller.

But friends say Trayvon wasn’t into violence.

“When I heard about the tragedy and the initial story, I knew it wasn’t true,” said Ricaysha Milton, 17, who knew Trayvon from Carol City High School, and corresponded with him over Twitter. “Trayvon is the ‘walk away’ type of guy. He’d rather walk away than fight.’’

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-matin-family-target-homeowners-association-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522

Trayvon Martin family could target homeowners association with lawsuit over its neighborhood watch
The Retreat at Twin Lakes could be sued should George Zimmerman be protected by ‘Stand Your Ground’ law
Monday, April 9, 2012, 6:35 AM

SANFORD, Fla. — If Trayvon Martin’s family sues over his death, they might not target George Zimmerman but instead the homeowners association of the neighborhood where the shooting happened and Zimmerman lived.

That’s because if Zimmerman’s claim that he shot the unarmed 17-year-old in self-defense is upheld by prosecutors, a judge or a jury, Florida’s so-called stand your ground law would protect him from a lawsuit. But his clearance or acquittal wouldn’t stop Martin’s parents from suing The Retreat at Twin Lakes homeowners association — and its insurance policies and assets would make it a much more lucrative target than Zimmerman, even if he is eventually convicted of a crime.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-matin-family-target-homeowners-association-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522#ixzz1rZhqIR73
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.