March 28, 2024, 03:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #1 4/12/12 - 5/10/12  (Read 390669 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »

Does J.O. have a pilot's license and a plane, in Sanford?  I am just wondering Smile

Who is J.O?  My mind is a blank at the moment

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #361 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »

Does J.O. have a pilot's license and a plane, in Sanford?  I am just wondering Smile

Who is J.O?  My mind is a blank at the moment

Good morning Monkey's,

Cookie, Joseph Oliver is GZ (supposed) friend.

A JO has a pilot's license out of Sanford, FL. I do not know if this is GZ friend or not.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/135837/new_george_zimmerman_website_proves

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »

Thanks Seahorse..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: April 11, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/041112-metal-barrier-placed-outside-seminole-county-jail
Metal barrier placed outside Seminole County jail intake area
April 11, 2012

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office has placed a long metal barrier in front of the intake area at the Seminole County jail.

National media outlets have set up shop in anticipation of George Zimmerman’s arrest.
Special prosecutor Angela Corey said late Tuesday that she will release new information regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation by Friday.
Corey says she will hold a news conference in either Sanford or Jacksonville to discuss the case.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: April 11, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/11/opinion/hostin-trayvon-martin-jury/
Let a jury decide on Trayvon Martin case
By Sunny Hostin, CNN
April 11, 2012

Florida's law states that a person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force ... to prevent death or great bodily harm.

So even if Zimmerman killed Martin, he was justified in doing so if he believed he was in danger of being killed himself or of suffering great bodily harm. It seems the Sanford Police certainly believed Zimmerman's claims. But there is an exception.

If Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, he cannot avail himself of the protection of the "stand your ground" law. Former Florida State Rep. Dennis Baxley, the co-sponsor of the law, told me by phone that the law doesn't apply to Zimmerman if he pursued Martin and was the initial aggressor. And he is right.

Florida's statute makes it clear that the justification is not available to a person who initially provokes the use of force against himself, unless such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he has exhausted every reasonable means to escape.

And that is what this case ultimately boils down to -- who started the fight. And the answer to that question is far from clear.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-11/news/os-george-zimmerman-corey-deadline-20120411_1_sonner-and-hal-uhrig-special-prosecutor-announcement
Trayvon's special prosecutor sets Friday deadline
April 11, 2012

The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin shooting has set a deadline: By Friday night, she will make an announcement about the case.

There is widespread speculation that Angela Corey, state attorney in Jacksonville, will announce her decision in the case.

She'll either say she's filing criminal charges against George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who killed the unarmed black 17-year-old, or that her investigation is done and there's not enough evidence to arrest him.

Her office sent reporters a news release Tuesday at 8 p.m., saying she would make her announcement in the next 72 hours.

It's not clear whether she'll make it in Sanford, where Trayvon was killed Feb. 26, or in Jacksonville, the site of her office. She's the elected state attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties.

Reporters and news crews appear to be gambling that she'll have Zimmerman arrested and jailed in Sanford.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/041112-metal-barrier-placed-outside-seminole-county-jail
Metal barrier placed outside Seminole County jail intake area
April 11, 2012

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office has placed a long metal barrier in front of the intake area at the Seminole County jail.

National media outlets have set up shop in anticipation of George Zimmerman’s arrest.
Special prosecutor Angela Corey said late Tuesday that she will release new information regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation by Friday.
Corey says she will hold a news conference in either Sanford or Jacksonville to discuss the case.

Looks like they are preparing to arrest him.  I think that he may be safer in there since he will likely be placed in a private cell. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-11/trayvon-martin-review/54167820/1?csp=34news
AG Holder vows thorough review in Trayvon Martin case
April 10, 2012

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Eric Holder pledged Wednesday that the ongoing federal civil rights inquiry into Trayvon Martin's death would be "a thorough and independent review of the evidence.''
"Although I cannot share where current efforts will lead us from here,'' Holder said in a speech to the National Action Network, a civil rights group that has been calling for an arrest in the case, "I can assure you that, in this investigation — and in all cases — we will examine the facts and the law.

"If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action,'' Holder said. "And at every step, the facts and the law will guide us forward.''
More...
Video at Link

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

Prosecutor to Charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin Killing

Headline only on drudgereport

http://drudgereport.com/
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »

More....

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, law enforcement official says
By Sari Horwitz, Wednesday, April 11, 11:56 AM
Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.

Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.

Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

Benjamin Crump, who is representing the Martin family, said earlier this week that Corey’s office had asked where Trayvon’s parents would be each day this week. They arrived Wednesday in Washington for a civil rights conference organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton, where they are scheduled to speak.

The announcement of a charge against Zimmerman would come a day after Zimmerman’s lawyers withdrew from the case, citing their inability to contact Zimmerman.  ::snipping2::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_print.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #371 on: April 11, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

Prosecutor to Charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin Killing

Headline only on drudgereport

http://drudgereport.com/

Good afternoon Monkey's,

He was first to report on the Monica Lewinsky, dress, 

I am confident...he is right, on this case.   

Matt Drudge is OK

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

A decision on whether to charge Florida neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman with the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin has been made, sources told ABC News.

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

The prosecutor's ruling is certain to provoke controversy in Sanford, Fla., where shooting took place and across the country.  ::snipping2:: 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-decision-made-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »

Thanks Seahorse..

You are welcome, Cookie.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »

A decision on whether to charge Florida neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman with the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin has been made, sources told ABC News.

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

The prosecutor's ruling is certain to provoke controversy in Sanford, Fla., where shooting took place and across the country.  ::snipping2:: 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-decision-made-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

Thank-you, Toler, for keeping the Monkey's updated.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Thank-you, Toler, for keeping the Monkey's updated.

YW...hopefully, with this announcement things will calm down!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2012, 02:42:50 PM »

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, law enforcement official says
 Washington Post ^ | 04/11/12

Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:10:33 PM by AtlasStalled

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2870790/posts?q=1&;page=1

comments are....interesting, on this site.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

Tampa, Florida - It was an emotional interview for Michelle Williams.

As a community activist and chief of staff for the New Black Panther Party, Michelle is used to addressing many issues.  But when it comes to her passion in the Trayvon Martin case, she get especially upset and tearful.

Through tears, she said, "If my words, my words that I had to say out of anger will make the American people address this issue, let it be my time, Melanie. Let it be my time to address this issue with America, that we say enough is enough. We can't have any more killings."

Michelle is now offering an apology for her controversial comments.

She spoke openly, "My words were out of anger. I did not incite, I did not promote, nor did I encourage anyone to go and pick up a gun."

In an online interview this week, Michelle Williams spoke openly of her frustration with what she calls the massive racial problem in this country, especially over the Trayvon Martin case. She admits that her sadness over the case was overwhelming and that she spoke harshly during the online segment.

Her words were not taken lightly and were replayed Tuesday morning by nationally syndicated radio talk show host Bubba the Love Sponge.

Michelle said during the interview, "Let me tell you, the things that's about to happen, to these honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, these ---- people. It has been long overdue. My prize right now this evening ... is gonna be the bounty, the arrest, dead or alive, for George Zimmerman. You feel me   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/250102/8/New-Black-Panther-Party-chief-of-staff-apologizes
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: April 11, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Of course he will be charged with something. If she does not, there will be mayhem ! I do think that a jury is the one to decide his guilt or innocence after seeing all the evidence in this case. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »

Tampa, Florida - It was an emotional interview for Michelle Williams.

As a community activist and chief of staff for the New Black Panther Party, Michelle is used to addressing many issues.  But when it comes to her passion in the Trayvon Martin case, she get especially upset and tearful.

Through tears, she said, "If my words, my words that I had to say out of anger will make the American people address this issue, let it be my time, Melanie. Let it be my time to address this issue with America, that we say enough is enough. We can't have any more killings."

Michelle is now offering an apology for her controversial comments.

She spoke openly, "My words were out of anger. I did not incite, I did not promote, nor did I encourage anyone to go and pick up a gun."

In an online interview this week, Michelle Williams spoke openly of her frustration with what she calls the massive racial problem in this country, especially over the Trayvon Martin case. She admits that her sadness over the case was overwhelming and that she spoke harshly during the online segment.

Her words were not taken lightly and were replayed Tuesday morning by nationally syndicated radio talk show host Bubba the Love Sponge.

Michelle said during the interview, "Let me tell you, the things that's about to happen, to these honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, these ---- people. It has been long overdue. My prize right now this evening ... is gonna be the bounty, the arrest, dead or alive, for George Zimmerman. You feel me   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/250102/8/New-Black-Panther-Party-chief-of-staff-apologizes

Just wrong.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.